好吧
Okay.
我只是想帮忙 你懂吗
I'm just trying to help, you know?
我是个有想法的人
I'm an ideas man.
你知道 这就是我需要你的原因
You know, that's why I need you.
或者本或者马祖 你知道吗
Or Ben or Matsu, you know?
这是为了让我保持正确
It's to keep me right.
你真的不相信
You don't honestly believe
废弃的收音机可以用 是吗
a disused radio will work, do you?
我不知道 这就是为什么我要找它
I don't know, that's why I'm looking for it,
这就是你应该做的
which is what you should be doin'.
是的 我检查过那一边
I was, I've checked all that side.
那我们交换位置吧
Then let's switch.
检查对方的区域避免错误
Double check, no room for errors.
来吧 库姆
Come on, Kumu,
这就是你教我的 你知道吗
this is what you taught me, you know?
但我相信 你知道吗
But yeah, I do, you know?
如果我们能联♥系♥考艾岛和艾尔默
If we can contact Kauai and Aylmer,
我们可以知道发生了什么 如果没有其他的事情发生
we can find out what's going on, and if nothing else,
我们就告诉他们我们需要更多的补给
we just let them know we need more supplies.
我们说的是“如果”
That's if we find it.
如果
If?
哇
Yahoo!
耶
Yeah!
好了
Done.
我知道你会成功的 伙计
See, I know you'd get it working, man.
这就是你帮助艾尔默的原因
That's why you help Aylmer.
你知道这些东西
You know this stuff.
我们拭目以待
We'll see.
事实上 日本空军中队一小时后
Indeed, one hour after Japanese air squadrons
在瓦胡岛开始轰炸
had commenced bombing in the island of Oahu,
日本驻美国大使
the Japanese ambassador to the United States
正式答复
delivered a formal reply
关于最近美国的信息
to a recent American message.
虽然这个答复表明 这对于
And while this reply stated that it seemed useless
将继续现有的外交谈判没有帮助
to continue the existing diplomatic negotiations,
它不包含任何威胁或暗示
it contained no threat or hint
战争或武装攻击
of war or of armed attack.
据记载夏威夷与日本的距离
It will be recorded that the distance of Hawaii from Japan
很明显袭击是故意策划的
makes it obvious that the attack was deliberately planned
很多天甚至几周前
many days or even weeks ago.
-1941年12月7日 -本 等等
- December 7th, 1941... - Ben, wait!
一个将以耻辱为生的日子
...a date which will live in infamy.
他们知道了 你必须现在离开
They know, you must leave now!
不 本
No! Ben--
你不可能知道 没人知道 没人知道
You couldn't have known, no one could, no one did.
你在做什么
What are you doing?
你应该在监视他
You were supposed to be watching him!
你听到他的所作所为 他会明白这一点的
You heard what he did, he's got this coming to him!
那不是你该管的事
That's not your call to make!
那谁应该管 你吗
And whose is it, yours?
你为什么可以打他
Why is it okay for you to strike him?
-我很生气 -我们也是
- I was angry. - So are we!
没有人可以碰他 没有人
No one touches him, no one.
听说过阿卡
Heard about Aka.
我不想和你讨论这个问题
I'm not discussing this with you.
人们都很生气 本
People are angry, Ben,
我们不能永远把他关在里面
and we can't hold him in there forever.
我们可以等到救援人员来
We can until help arrives.
谁 艾尔默
Who, Aylmer?
我们轮班 看着他
We take shifts, watch him.
今晚伊兹 明天哈克 这样轮下去
Tonight Izzy, tomorrow Haku, and so on.
那他们呢
And what about them?
-艾尔默来的时候 -艾尔默不来了
- When Aylmer arrives-- - Aylmer's not coming!
你小点声
Keep your voice down.
据我们所知 他死了
For all we know, he's dead.
我说 小声点
I said, keep your voice down.
他们知道 本 他们知道
They knew, Ben, they knew.
茂典本可以对他们撒谎的
Shigenori could have lied to them,
就像他对我们撒谎 对我撒谎一样
just as he lied to us, to me.
那不是真的
That's not true.
-你不知道 -我比你更了解
- You don't know that. - I know more than you!
我告诉过你事情很可疑 不是吗
I told you something was off, didn't I?
-但不 你不会听的 -够了 哈维拉
- But no, you wouldn't listen. - That's enough, Hawila!
大家需要知道谁在为我们做决定
The people need to know who's making our decisions for us.
如果你所有事情都弄不好
If you've been wrong about everything else,
你有什么资格领导我们的人
what makes you think you're the man to lead us now?
那你可以吗
And you are?
我可以
I could be.
我的名字是本·卡纳赫尔
My name is Ben Kanahele.
是保护者
Its protector.
根据艾尔默·罗宾逊的法令追随约翰·雷尼
Following John Reaney by decree of Aylmer Robinson.
如果这里有人认为我不配这个头衔
If anyone here sees fit that I relinquish that title,
那现在就说出来
then use your voice now!
如果有人认为他们能处理
If anyone thinks they can handle
得情况比我现在好 现在就说出来
the situation better than I, speak now!
如果大家有任何对于这个岛好的意见
If anyone here thinks that the best interests of this island
都可以提出来 不用在意我的感觉
do not beat with the blood of my heart,
现在说出来
then speak now!
我们把犯人关在这里 直到艾尔默来
We keep the prisoner until Aylmer arrives.
他将被扣留在客房♥部
He'll be detained in the guest hut.
今晚 伊兹会看护他
Tonight, Izzy will guard him,
哈维拉 你注意看黎明时分的海滩
Hawila, you watch the beach at daybreak.
你呢
And you?
我来收集收音机的信息
I'll man the radio.
他说别的什么了吗
Did he say much?
没有
No.
只是一晚上对着一张照片
Just stared at a photograph all night.
你还好吗
How are you holding up?
进攻 除了
...offensive except...
-没有消息 -延伸到整个太平洋地区
- No news. - ...extending throughout the Pacific area.
嗯 那不是我要问的
Well, that is not what I asked.
昨天的事实
The facts of yesterday
而且今天就为他们自己说话
and today speak for themselves.
我不知道该怎么跟这些人说 艾拉
I don't know what to tell these people, Ella.
美国人♥民♥已经这样做了
The people of the United States have already
形成他们的观点
formed their opinions
而且我们都明白其中的含义
and well understand the implications
为了我们国家的生命和安全
to the very life and safety of our nation.
他们不需要说 本
They don't need words, Ben.
作为陆海军总司令
As Commander-in-Chief of the Army and Navy,
-我已指示采取一切措施 -他们知道你
- I have directed that all measures be taken... - They know you'll do
-会为我们的岛考虑 - 对我们的防守
- what's best for the island. - ...for our defense.
但我们整个国家将永远如此
But always will our whole nation
记住反对他们的武装部队的特点
remember the character of the armed force against them.
你需要什么
What do you need?
我只需要你告诉我你爱我
I just need you to tell me that you love me,
我知道我会没事的
and I know I'll be okay.
我不打扰你们两个了
I'll leave you two alone.
我们不仅要保护自己
...that we will not only defend ourselves
这样背信弃义永远不会再威胁到我们
that this form of treachery shall never again endanger us.
你想要什么
What do you want?
对茂典的宽大处理
Leniency for Shigenori.
对对岸的人宽大处理 结果怎么样
How about leniency for the men across the water
他周日就死了
who died on Sunday.
你不知道他有多努力
You don't know how involved he was.
我们知道得够多了
We know enough.
二十四小时之前
24 hours ago,
他是我的朋友
he was a friend
是这座小岛的朋友
of the island. -
也是你的朋友
Of yours.