传统美德什么的吧
Tradition, these things.
我本应该死的
I should have died.
当我发现我在这里的时候 我谁都不认识
When I found myself here, I didn't know anyone.
我一无所有 但我被收留了
I didn't have anyone, but I was taken in,
有了食物 住所 和家人
given food, shelter, family.
所以 按传统来我觉得我应该救你
So, I guess my tradition dictates that I should help.
传统很有趣的东西
Tradition is a funny thing.
我曾经被训练成一名战士
I was trained to be a warrior...
那是过去式了
once.
我只想要和平
All I ever wanted was peace.
和平
Peace.
家庭
Family.
那你现在想要什么
What do you want now.
回家
To go home.
我只想回家
I just want to go home.
我在试着跟马祖说话
I tried to speak with Matsu.
他心情不好 但我觉得他什么都不会说
He's not happy, but I don't think he'll say anything.
我们应该定一个计划
We need to think of a plan,
至少我们还有点时间来做决定
but at least we have some time to decide.
不用
No, we don't.
他的飞机上
There's a beacon on his plane
还有潜艇里都有信♥号♥♥灯在等他
and submarine out there waiting for him.
但是 他们又怎么知道他
But, but how could they know he's--
因为是他们要他在这着陆的
Because they told him to land here.
我们是他们的应急储备
We're their contingency.
吉夫 如果他打掉灯塔 日本人就会知道他在这
Yoshio, if he hit the beacon, the Japanese know he's here.
如果他们来找他
And if they come for him,
就会杀了岛上所有人
they'll slaughter everyone on the island.
哇 真是令人赞叹
Wow, impressive.
尼豪 这个岛是你的了 我的朋友
And Niihau is yours, my friends.
噢
Ooh.
他应该放松点 这并不意味着要去打猎
He should take it easy does not mean go hunting.
好吧 但愿这一切都值得
Well, I hope it was worth it.
好了
Done.
我能给他看一下吗
Can I show him?
希望你能喜欢
I hope you like it.
是那个吗
Is that a yes?
是的
Yes.
太棒了
Yeah.
他可以留在岛上了
He could stay on the island.
有话要说吗
Have a word?
-关于哈库吗 -不是
- Is this about Haku? - It's not.
-是私人问题吗 -这岛上没有人
- In private? - There's no one on this island
能比我妻子更有资格处理这个问题
more qualified to deal with a problem than my wife.
这个飞行员
This pilot,
我们要提防着点
we need to be careful.
他可能是间谍
He could be a spy.
我知道你养羊的方法
I know that your sheep-rearing techniques
很棒 哈维拉
have been productive, Hawila,
但我不确定消息是不是已经传到了日本
but I'm not sure word has spread to Japan.
这一点都不好玩
This isn't funny.
我觉得也是
I agree.
那你的计划是什么
Then what's your plan here.
艾尔默一到 我们就带他去大岛
When Aylmer arrives, we take him to the big island,
送他回家也行
maybe get him home.
-但我们甚至不知道 -我不是在征求你的意见
- But we don't even know-- -I wasn't asking.
-这是我们的领地 我们要保护这里 -他现在就在这里
- This is our land and we need to protect-- - He's here now,
会得到客人应有的对待
and he'll be treated for what he is, a guest.
不可能 绝对不是
No way. Absolutely not.
你是岛上水性最好的
You're the best swimmer on the island.
-不用问别人了 -我告诉过你
- There is no one else to ask. - I told you,
我不想牵扯进去
I don't wanna be involved in this.
-你是日本人 -没错
- You are Japanese. - Exactly.
你是出生在夏威夷的日裔 而我是日本人
You're a Nisei born in Hawaii, and I'm Japanese,
这就是我不想卷进去的原因
and that's exactly why I don't wanna be involved in this
因为我在这不能拿我的生命开玩笑
'cause I can't risk my life here.
如果灯亮着 日本人来了
If that beacon is on and the Japanese turn up,
你觉得会发生什么
what do you think is going to happen?
他们不会接走茂典 然后就离开
They're aren't gonna grab Shigenori and leave.
这有这样才不会有人受伤 马祖
This is the only way no one gets hurt, Matsu.
如果我们不这样做 对每个人来说都会更糟
If we don't, it'll be worse, much worse for everyone.
包括你自己
Including you.
你想让我怎么做
What do you want me to do?
一旦我们确认了日本人不会来
Once we confirm the Japanese aren't coming
岛上是安全的 我们会给他弄上一艘小船
and the island is safe, we'll get him on a boat.
然后就不用管这件事了
Then we can put this whole thing behind us.
听着 朋友
Here, my friends.
艾拉跟我说你今天和茂典出去了
Ella tells me you went out with Shigenori today.
他跟我说话了
He spoke to me.
他跟你说话了吗
He spoke to you?
用英语
In English.
你从来没提过
You never said that.
他都说什么了
What did he say?
也没说什么
Not much.
他是个很棒的猎人
He's a good hunter.
从明天开始他会去钓鱼
He'll start with me fishing detail, tomorrow.
赚他的生活费
Earn his keep.
挺好
That's nice.
你成功了吗
Did you make it?
交一个朋友
A friend?
振作点 我相信你很快就会见到他的
Cheer up, I'm sure you'll see him soon.
不会了
No.
我看着他死的
I watched him die.
有什么发现吗
What did you find out?
是个简单的求救信♥号♥♥
It's a simple distress beacon.
我知道原理了
I know how it works.
不是闪烁
It wasn't flashing.
它没有发出任何信♥号♥♥
It wasn't emitting any information.
-所以他们不知道他在这 -也不会来
- Then they don't know he's here. - And they aren't coming.
-要告诉他吗 -不用了 就让他那么想吧
- Do we tell him? - No, let him think they are.
这为我们赢得了时间让他离开这个岛
It buys us time to get him off the island.
没有文件他不走
He won't leave without his papers.
他的文件 不在这
His papers, they weren't there.
-那在哪 -我也不知道
- Then where are they? - I don't know.
可能是坠机造成的
It could've fallen out on impact.
可能在海里 或者
It could be at the bottom of the ocean or--
或者什么
Or?
哈维拉 我觉得他可能去了那里
Hawila, I think he may have gone down there.
他能游过去吗
Could he have made that swim?
-白天 可以的 -好吧 如果在哈维拉那
- In daylight, yes. - Okay then, if Hawila has them,
-我们得把他找回来 -不是我们
- we need to get them back. - There is no we.
信标尚未触发 这个岛很安全
The beacon has not been triggered. The island is safe. I'm done!
那哈维拉呢
What about Hawila?
马祖
Matsu!
哈维拉怎么办
What about Hawila?
你曾经谈到过传统
You spoke of tradition.
在尼豪 每个人都互相贡献
Here on Niihau, everyone contributes
自己的材料
to each other's materials.
每一次抓捕 每一次杀戮 每个人都扮演着重要的角色
Of each catch, each kill, everyone plays a part.
鱼饵代代相传
Lures are passed down through generations.
这是养育我的人赐给我的
This was given to me by the man who raised me,
是他造就了今天的我
the man who made me who I am today.
我想让你拥有它
I want you to have it.
什么东西
What?
真可怜
Pitiful.
好吧 感谢你们的支持
Oh, all right, well thanks for the support, guys.
我才干了两天
I've only been at this for two days.
哈
Ha!
这是你的实力
It's your technique.
依我看 你的作风太垃圾了
I watch, your style, very poor, very bad.