第三帝国的
The intention of The Third Reich
目的的确不只是威胁
surely was rather more than intimidation.
当然
Well, of course.
德国受到三方面压♥迫♥
The Reich was oppressed on three frontiers.
我们作为文明国家的生存岌岌可危
Our survival as a civilized nation was in question.
你现在住在以色列
You in Israel now must know what it's like
肯定知道被敌人包围的滋味
to be surrounded by your enemies.
艾希曼先生
Herr Eichmann,
有人说你愿意告诉我 你自认为的
I am told that you are willing to give us your version of your role
在所谓第三帝国中扮演的角色
in the so-called Third Reich.
对吗
Is that right?
是的 我们开始吧
Jawohl. Let's begin.
你好
Oh, hey.
我也想你们
Oh, I missed you two.
今天学到了什么
What did you learn today?
我们学到的跟爸爸有关
We learnt about daddy.
能聊聊吗
Can we talk?
维拉
Vera.
维拉
Vera.
听着 我被告知必须保密
Look, I was told not to tell anyone.
为什么国内所有犹太人都比我早知道
How come every Jew in the country knew before I did?
甚至是小孩 我是你的妻子
Even the children! I'm your wife!
为什么要这么对待我
What are you doing? Why are you treating me like this?
这是命令
An order is an order.
要求我保密 我就不能泄露半句
If I'm told not to tell anyone, then I can't.
荒谬 看在上帝的份上
Bullshit, for Christ's sake!
荒谬
Bullshit.
你信什么教
What is your religious affiliation?
只有一个造物主
There is one creator who is independent
不受物质世界的约束
of the material universe.
相信上帝独♥立♥于他的创造
But to believe that God is separate from His creation,
就像我常跟孩子们讲的
as I have often been pointing out to my children, is--
你有四个儿子
You have four sons.
老三
The second youngest...
迪特尔
...Dieter...
以你的朋友迪特尔·卫斯理舍尼命名
...was named after your friend, Dieter Wisliceny.
他也是你的下属
He was also your subordinate
在纽伦堡作证时说道
and testified in Nuremberg saying that you--
我知道
I know, I know.
责怪我 试图救他的命
Blaming me. Trying to save his neck.
没救成
It didn't work.
卫斯理舍尼声称你说过
Wisliceny claimed that you said you would
你走进坟墓时会仰天大笑
"jump into your grave laughing
因为有500万犹太人死在你手里
because you have the death of five million Jews on your conscience
这给了你巨大的满足感
which gives you extraordinary satisfaction.”
我并没有说犹太人
I did not say "Jews".
我说的是第三帝国的敌人
I said, "Enemies of The Reich".
上尉 我能否要杯红酒舒缓我的胃
Captain, is it possible I could have some red wine to settle my stomach?
你是否意识到在战争中 可以用酒作为麻醉剂
Were you ever aware of using drink as an anesthetic in the war?
上尉 如果你想把我塑造成 一个喝醉的纳粹朋友
Captain, if you want to show me as a drunken Nazi fiend
在酒精作用下 将一车车的犹太人
sending train-loads of Jews to their deaths
送向死亡的话
in an ecstasy of alcoholic rage,
我能看到其中的宣传价值
I can see the publicity value in that.
但就我们俩之间
But between ourselves,
我精确记得过去20年
the exactness of my memory
无论是会议还是对人
for meetings and personnel 20 years ago
我从来没有缺乏自♥制♥力的情况
will dispel any notion of lack of control.
你是否后悔做元首的支持者呢
Do you ever regret your admiration for the Fuhrer?
元首是一面镜子 帮助我们建立更强大的德国
The Fuhrer was a mirror held up to a Greater Germany.
我们爱戴他
When we fell in love with him,
这是真实的 他使我们有能力看见更强大的自己
it was really our greater selves that he was enabling everyone to see.
你怎么看那些仰慕希♥特♥勒♥的犹太人呢
What about the Jews who admired Hitler?
我同情他们的处境 因为我和他们有相同的信仰
I sympathize with their position because I shared their beliefs.
日耳曼人和犹太人有什么不同
And what do Germans not share with Jews?
他们的种族遗传
Their inherited race.
我们执行希♥特♥勒♥的愿望
The Fuhrer's desire, which we had orders to carry out
清除日耳曼种族中不纯净的部分
was to completely clean the German race's blood of impurities.
纯净日耳曼人
To purify Germany,
为什么要杀希腊犹太人 或是匈牙利犹太人
why do you need to kill Greek Jews or Hungarian Jews?
我知道
I know.
我没有见过讨厌的希腊犹太人
I never met a Greek Jew I didn't like.
但这是命令
But those were the orders.
你们的医生
How did your doctors
说日耳曼民族 和其他民族有什么区别
show the difference between the German race and others?
他们能说明斯拉夫种族的先天畸形
They were able to show that the congenital deformations
从根本上说都是性
of the Slavic races were nearly always sexual in origin.
亲爱的克劳斯、霍斯特、迪亚特 和我亲爱的里卡多
Dear Klaus, Horst, Dieter, and my dear Ricardo.
我亲爱的孩子们
My dear children.
我的四个儿子
My four sons.
你们知道我梦到了什么吗
You know what I have been dreaming about?
是很久以前我们在一起的快乐时光
It's a lovely, long-ago memory of us all together.
自♥由♥自在的快乐日子
Happy days of freedom.
我记得你们到加里波第大街的夜晚
I remember the night you arrived in Garibaldi Street.
你妈妈、你们和我在一起
Your mother had joined me with you youngsters in tow
在阿根廷开始新的生活
to start a new life in Argentina.
突然间你们又有爸爸了
Suddenly, you had a father again.
那晚在布宜诺斯艾利斯的破房♥子里
That night, in that humble house in Buenos Aires
我们又安全地在一起了
we were all together, safe again.
你们的妈妈从来没有放弃希望
Your mother had never given up hope.
那晚有了你们最小的弟弟
That very night your youngest brother was conceived,
这给了我极大的快乐
something that brought me great happiness.
他知道他再也见不到他儿子了吗
Does he know he's not going to see his sons again?
这让我反胃
It turns my stomach.
哦 不
Oh, no.
嘿
Hey!
您应该在床上躺着
You should be in bed.
你也是
So should you.
我们希望你能考虑我们的安全
I hope you are thinking about our safety.
嘿
Hey.
嘿 大男孩
Hey, big boy.
我们去睡觉吧
We're going to bed.
我知道你们可能收不到这封信
This letter, I know, may never reach you.
我预见了将会有此刻
I have anticipated this moment of separation
与我的挚爱们分离
from my loved ones for some time.
我这辈子少数几个遗憾之一是
One of my few regrets in life is
在波兰、柏林和布达佩斯之间来回
that moving between Poland, Berlin and Budapest,
基本没有时间陪你们成长
I got to spend so little time with you growing up.
再见,父亲
Bye-bye, Father.
经常在深夜往家走的路上 我会想
Often when it was dark when I was walking home, I would be thinking:
他们可能在哪儿
"They might be there?
但结果却非常糟糕
But in the end it's wearing.
(1960年5月11日 以色列摩萨德特工 将战后流亡在阿根廷的艾希曼逮捕)
你好 - 你好
Shalom. -Shalom.
为什么你的部门叫lV.B4
Why was your department called IV.B4?
罗马数字lV代表盖世太保 B是我们的宗教信仰
Roman IV stood for Gestapo, 'B' was religion,
阿♥拉♥伯数字4代表犹太人
and Arabic script 4 was for Jews.
这是个交通部门
It was a transport department
代表我喜欢的匿名
which accounts for the relative anonymity I enjoyed
在纽伦堡叛徒
before those Nuremberg traitors
诋毁我的名声之前
emptied their chamber pots over my reputation.
你lV.B4暴君的名声在外
You had the reputation of being something of a departmental tyrant in IV.B4.
受人喜爱并不是我的职责
It wasn't my job to be loved.
想到我的角色 让我觉得这是很遥远的事情了
When thinking of my role, which now seems so long ago,
在过去
in the past,
自从失败后就变得不重要了
and almost unimportant, since it did not succeed...
我经常思考历史的教训
...I often ponder the lessons of history.
当然它们和500万丧生的人
Of course, there will always be subtle connections
之间有着微妙的联♥系♥
with five million leaving through the smoke stacks.
粒子必须落在某处
The particles have to come down somewhere.
就是这
This here.
1942年你的司机受到刑罚 被判入狱