检查什么?你在办公室给我的那张。
What check? The one you gave me in your office.
让我看看。当然
Let me see it. Certainly.
哦,那张支票。
Oh, that check.
天啊,我感觉好多了。等一下!
Oh, boy, do I feel better. Wait a minute!
嘿,怎么了,你在破坏证据,你这个骗子!
Hey, what are you destroying the evidence, you crook!
你是谁,你这个窃贼?辛德尔,你这个笨蛋。
Who are you, you burglar? Shindel, you schnook.
警官,把这些人都抓起来。
Officer, I want all these people arrested.
听着,墨索里尼……麦克斯福德医生,如果出了什么问题,你为什么给我支票?
Listen, Mussolini... Dr. maxford, if there's been something wrong, why did you give me the check for?
你为什么给我发电报?
Why did you send me a telegram?
你知道得很清楚,我从来没有给你发过电报!
You know perfectly well I never sent you a telegram in my life!
我从来没听说过你。
I never even heard of you.
你不会说你没给我支票吧?
You're not going to say you didn't give me a check?
这完全是一个错误。
That was entirely by mistake.
从我第一次看到你的那一刻起,我就对你产生了怀疑。
I was suspicious of you from the first moment I ever clamped eyes on you.
你是说我没赢?你很清楚你没赢。
You mean, I didn't win? You know perfectly well you didn't win.
,但是……-等一下。
- But... - Wait a minute.
他要负全责。我都看到了。
He's entirely responsible. I see it all.
我知道大公♥司♥是怎么运作的。上帝保佑。
I know how big firms work. God forbid.
女士们先生们,这是一个诚实的男孩。
This is an honest boy, ladies and gentlemen.
我第一眼看到他就知道了。
I knew it the minute I looked at him.
你把支票给他了,你这个笨蛋,你凭什么来抓人?
You gave him the check, you numskull, so where do you come in to have anyone arrested?
或者我应该收回我善意出♥售♥的商品。
Or I should take back the merchandise that I sold in good faith.
把那个达文波特拿下来,给这位女士拿上楼。
Take down that Davenport and carry it upstairs for the lady.
祝你身体健康。麦克斯福德医生送的礼物。
Enjoy it in good health. A present from Dr. maxford.
给,再给孩子们买♥♥些冰淇淋。
And, here, buy the children some more ice cream.
他们可以更好地享受我的玩具。
They can enjoy my toys much better.
带着麦克斯福德医生的爱,他付了所有的钱。
With love from Dr. maxford who's paying for everything.
我付钱之前在霍博肯见。
I'll see you in hoboken before I pay for anything.
我们法庭上见,我保证你会支付所有费用。在猪鼻子里!
And I'll see you in court, where I'll guarantee you you'll pay for everything with costs. In a pig's nose!
不管有没有猪。
Pigs or no pigs.
我还要告诉你一件事……哦,你会的,是吗?
And I'll tell you another thing... Oh, you will, will you?
不要拿那些好的。
Don't take the good ones.
没关系,亲爱的。你不能失去你从未拥有过的东西。
It doesn't matter, honey. You can't lose anything you never had.
我不要他的旧戒指,也不要他的旧臭鼬。
I don't want his old ring, or his old skunk.
我不明白的是谁发的那封电报?
What I can't figure is who sent that telegram?
你好,吉米。你好,贝蒂。
Hello, Jimmy. Hello, Betty.
你好。你好。
Hello. Hello.
那是什么?
What's that?
这就是你妈想要的达文波特吗?
Is this the kind of Davenport your ma wanted?
曲柄安装在这里,当你转动它…晚上可以做成一张全尺寸双人床。那家伙说它很好用。
The crank fits on here, and when you turn it... Makes into a full-size double bed at night. The guy says it works swell.
我不知道你为什么要去买♥♥那个。
I don't know what you had to go get that for.
我们希望这能弥补那封假电报的损失。
Well, we kind of hoped that it might make up for the phony telegram.
这本来是个玩笑。这不是一个很有趣的笑话。
It was supposed to be a joke. It wasn't a very funny joke.
哦。
Oh.
我明白了。
I get it.
哦,吉米。
Oh, Jimmy.
嗨,吉米先生。你好,萨姆。
Hi, Mr. Jimmy. Hello, Sam.
老板走了吗?
The boss gone, yet?
不,先生,他还在里面密谋着什么呢。
No, sir, he's still in there conniving on something or other.
你明早再告诉他吧?
Why don't you tell him in the morning?
听到你的好运我很高兴,吉米先生。
Sure was glad to hear about your good luck, Mr. Jimmy.
你不需要男仆吧?
You wouldn't be needing a valet, would you?
不,谢谢,萨姆。
No, thanks, Sam.
先生,我想你是对的。
Well, sir, I guess you is right.
但并不是每个人都能在年轻的时候中头彩。你说对了。
But it sure ain't everybody that hits the jackpot while they is young and all. You said it.
看。你好,猫咪。
Look. Hello, pussy.
当一只黑猫穿过你的道路时,它是好运还是厄运?
Is it good luck or bad luck when a black cat crosses your path?
这都取决于之后会发生什么。
That all depends on what happens afterwards.
你说对了。
You said it.
不是每个人都这样的,先生。
It sure don't happen to everybody, sir.
是的,先生,看。
Yes, sir. Look.
晚上好。
Good evening.
很时髦吧?
Pretty snazzy, huh?
是的。它是可爱的。
Yeah. It's lovely.
谢谢你!
Thank you.
小心。我们会的。
Be careful. We will.
会很美好的,不是吗?
It was going to be nice, wasn't it?
别闹了,亲爱的。好了,别闹了。加油!加油
Stop it, honey. Come on, now, cut it out. Come on, come on.
进来。
Come in.
我希望我没有打扰你。哦,不,先生。
I hope I'm not intruding. Oh, no, sir.
我正要下来看你。我们顺路进去看了看办公室。所以我注意到了。希望你喜欢。哦,真漂亮。
I was just coming down to see you. We stopped in to take a look at the office... So I noticed. I hope you like it. Oh, it's beautiful.
不是每个像你这样年纪的年轻人都有自己的办公室和私人秘书的。
It isn't every young man who gets his own office and a private secretary at your age.
对他们中的许多人来说,我可能会担心这会冲昏他们的头脑,但我认为你的脚是脚踏实地的。
With many of them I might be afraid it would go to their heads, but I think you have your feet pretty solidly on the ground.
谢谢你,巴克斯特先生。哦,我是说真的。
Thank you, Mr. Baxter. Oh, I mean it sincerely.
你走后,詹金斯先生和我详细地讨论了我们的会面,我想让你知道,我们真的被打动了。
Mr. Jenkins and I discussed our little meeting at great length after you left, and I want you to know that we were genuinely impressed.
确实如此。听你这么说真是太好了……我们对你的想法思考得越多,就越意识到它们的尖锐和简洁……有……
Genuinely so. Well, that's certainly nice to hear... The more we thought about your ideas, the more aware we became of their pungency, of their brevity... Well, there's...
他们的脆。哦,谢谢你,先生。你真有写口号♥的天赋。你一定很有音乐鉴赏力。
Of their crispness. Oh, thank you, sir. It certainly... You have a genuine talent for slogans. It must be like having an ear for music.
现在你带我去吧。
Now you take me.
我唱得平淡无奇,而你却是一个天生的口号♥家。
I sing flat, and you on the other hand, are a born sloganeer.
“它是在豆子里培育出来的。”热zigity !
"It's bred in the bean". Hot zigity!
听你这么说真是太好了,巴克斯特先生。
Well, it's certainly wonderful to hear, Mr. Baxter.
我有点心事,但你确实让我感觉好多了。
I kind of got something on my mind, but you've certainly made me feel a lot better.
我是说,他们的想法还是一样的,不是吗?
I mean, they're still the same ideas, aren't they?
如果他们今天下午表现得很好,他们,他们仍然很好。
If they were good this afternoon, they're, they're still good.
嗯,他们必须是。它们是一样的。
Well, they'd have to be. They're the same.
当然了。当然了。
Of course they are. Of course they are.
我不太确定我是否有你的想法。
I'm not quite sure that I have your thought.
我是说,如果你觉得今天下午的点子不错,你现在也觉得不错,对吧?嗯,我当然知道。
I mean, if you thought the ideas were good this afternoon, you still think they're good, don't you? Well, of course, I do.
为什么?我的意思是,既然他们过去很好,现在也很好,他们就必须很好,这样就不会有太大的区别了
Why? Well, I mean, since they were good, and they're still good, they have to be good, and then it wouldn't make so much difference or any difference
如果我没有赢得比赛,马克斯福德住♥宅♥比赛,会吗?
if I hadn't won the contest, the maxford house contest, would it?
当然会有所不同。哦,会吗?
Of course it would make a difference. Oh, it would?
嗯,当然会。为什么?
Well, certainly it would. Why?
我不是天才。我不是靠自己的判断来保住我父亲的钱的。我每天都犯错误。
I'm no genius. I didn't hang onto my father's money by backing my own judgment, you know. I make mistakes every day.
有时一天几次。我有一仓库的错误。
Sometimes several times a day. I've got a whole warehouse full of mistakes.
我得说这会有很大的不同。
I should say it would make a difference.
你看,我认为你的想法很好,因为我觉得它们听起来不错,但我知道你的想法很好,因为你赢得了这场比赛,击败了数百万有抱负的人。是啊,但你看,巴克斯特先生…
You see, I think your ideas are good because they sound good to me, but I know your ideas are good because you won this contest over millions of aspirants. Yeah, but you see, Mr. Baxter...
这可能就是你所说的商业保险,就像一匹马在德比中获胜时,你为他的奖金而支持他。
It's what you might call commercial insurance, as when a horse wins the derby, you back him for the preakness.
好吧,我没有赢。preakness吗?
Well, I didn't win it. The preakness?
比赛,我什么也没赢。这是个玩笑。
The contest, I didn't win anything. It was a joke.
一个笑话。
A joke.
反正他们就是这么想的。是谁干的?
That's what they meant it to be, anyway. Who did?
有些人。哦,他们没有恶意。
Some of the fellows. Oh, they didn't mean any harm.
他们只是想看看我得知消息后是什么表情。
They just wanted to see how I'd look when I got the news.
好吧,你告诉我他们的名字,等我告诉他们一些消息,我们再看看他们是什么表情。我不想这么做,巴克斯特先生。
Well, you tell me their names and we'll see how they look when I give them some news. I wouldn't care to do that, Mr. Baxter.
哦,没关系。你说无所谓是什么意思?
Oh, it doesn't matter. What do you mean, it doesn't matter?
在我花了一下午的时间听了一堆废话都是为了赢得这场比赛让你得到这个职位!
After I spend a whole afternoon listening to a lot of baloney entirely predicated on the winning of this contest and giving you this office!
那"它是在咖啡豆中培育出来的,蓝血咖啡"呢?
But how about, "it's bred in the bean, the blueblood coffee"?
我不知道,怎么了?我们会找到答案的。
Well, I don't know, what about it? We'll find that out.
有足够的时间。
There'll be plenty of time for that.
但我不会被耍的,你懂的。
But I won't be made a fool of, you understand.
我不能因为一个我个人认为一点都不好笑的恶作剧而四处分发私人办公室和私人秘书。
I can't go around giving out private offices and private secretaries on the strength of a prank that personally I consider far from funny.
是,长官,是,长官!
Yes, sir. Yes, sir!
明天早上在办公桌前面对那群人可能有点难。
Could be kind of hard to face that gang tomorrow morning from back at that desk.
如果你不属于这里,在这里也很难面对他们。
It would be just as hard to face them from in here, if you didn't belong here.
令人不安的是……他确实属于这里,巴克斯特先生。
Uneasy lies the head that... he does belong in here, Mr. Baxter.
现在,这次的笑话是什么?
Now, what is the joke this time?
他属于这里,因为他觉得他属于这里。
He belongs in here because he thinks he belongs in here.
因为他认为他…哦,这些都是非常深奥和夸张的,但从实际来看……这很实际,巴克斯特先生。
Because he thinks he... Oh, that's all very deep dish and highfalutin, but from a practical... It is practical, Mr. Baxter.
这是你有过的最实际的主意。
It's the most practical idea you ever had.
他属于这里,因为他觉得自己有想法。
He belongs in here because he thinks he has ideas.
他属于这里,直到他证明自己或失败,然后另一个人属于这里,直到他证明自己或失败,然后再有人,再有人在他之后,
He belongs in here until he proves himself or fails, and then somebody else belongs in here until he proves himself or fails, and somebody else after that, and somebody else after him,
以此类推,直到永远。
and so on and so on for always.
哦,我不知道怎么用吉米的话来表达,但他想要的,他们所有人想要的,就是一个机会来展示,去发现,他们在年轻的时候拥有什么
Oh, I don't know how to put it into words like Jimmy could, but all he wants, all any of them want is, is a chance to show, to find out, what they've got while they're still young
燃烧就像一条捷径或垫脚石。
and burning like a shortcut or a stepping stone.
我知道他们不会成功的。至少大多数都不是。
Oh, I know they're not going to succeed. At least most of them aren't.
他们很快就会像沃特伯里先生一样,反正大多数人都是这样,但他们不会介意的。
They'll all be like Mr. waterbury soon enough, most of them, anyway, but they won't mind it.
他们会找到别的工作,他们会很高兴,因为他们有了机会,因为机会来了,失去是一回事,但从来没有机会,又是另一回事。
They'll find something else and they'll be happy because they had their chance because it's one thing to muff a chance when you get it, but it's another thing never to have had a chance.
他的名字已经在门上了。
His name's already on the door.
如果有什么决定了我,那就是它了。
Well, if anything decided me, that would be it.
哦,巴克斯特先生。现在你说得够多了。
Oh, Mr. Baxter. Now you've talked enough.
电影精选列表