这不是很奇妙吗?
Isn't that marvelous?
“如果你晚上不睡觉,那就不是……这是……”
"If you don't sleep at night, it isn't the... it's the..."
是的,但“它是在豆子里培育出来的。”
Yes, but "it's bred in the bean."
这是我最喜欢的。功能。
That's the one for my money. Functional.
精确。
Precisely.
巴克斯特先生,我非常感谢你。
Well, Mr. Baxter, I certainly thank you.
我不知道该说什么。
I don't know what to say.
也谢谢你,詹金斯先生。
And thank you, too, Mr. Jenkins.
和你一起工作会很愉快。
It'll be a great pleasure working with you.
谢谢你,沃特伯里先生。谢谢你,巴布科克先生。
And thank you, Mr. waterbury. And thank you, Mr. Babcock.
谢谢你,佩特帕斯小姐还有…和方式。
And thank you, miss pettypass and... And how.
好吧,再见。再见。
Well, goodbye. Goodbye.
——再见。——再见。
- Goodbye. - Goodbye.
再见。
Goodbye.
-美好的未来。——巨大的。
- A big future. - Immense.
我注意他有一段时间了。
I've had my eye on him for some time.
嗯?
Huh?
嘿,看,孩子。什么?
Say, look, kid. What?
我能跟你谈谈吗?这很重要。
Could I talk to you for a moment? It's kind of important.
喂,你明天能告诉我吗?
Say, could you tell me tomorrow?
我得去马克斯福德家拿我的支票。
I've got to go over to maxford house and pick up my check.
他们可能会觉得我不感激什么的。
They might think I wasn't grateful or something.
这正是我想说的。
Well, that's what I wanted to talk about.
你看,哈利、迪克和我……嗯…好吧,什么?嗯,是这样的。
You see, Harry and dick and I... well... Well, what? Well, it's like this.
-你看,我们…-哦,麦克唐纳!
- You see, we... - Oh, MacDonald!
是的,先生?
Yes, sir?
你是说"它是在豆子里繁殖的"还是简单地说"它是在豆子里繁殖的"?
Was that "it's bred in the bean" or just plain "bred in the bean"?
"It's。"你看,简单的"bred in the bean"听起来可能像面包,你知道的,就像涂了黄油的面包。
"It's." you see, just plain "bred in the bean" might sound like bread, you know, like bread and butter.
当然,我不知道为什么我没有意识到这一点。
Naturally, I don't know why I didn't realize it.
好了,就这些吗,先生?是的,当然。
Well, is that all, sir? Yes, of course.
玩得开心,不要把所有的钱都花在一个地方。
Have a nice time and don't spend all your money in one place.
谢谢你,先生。再见。再见。
Thank you, sir. Goodbye. Goodbye.
再见。
Goodbye.
伟大的心灵。你想跟我说话吗,达西?
Great mind. Did you wish to speak to me, Darcy?
我谁?不,先生,我只是看着他们出去。我…今天真是令人兴奋的一天,不是吗?
Who me? Oh, no, sir. I was just watching them go out. I... Well, it's been quite an exciting day, hasn't it?
是啊,而且还没结束呢。
Yeah, and it ain't even over yet.
我说"你可以待在这里直到霍博肯冰封"
And I said, "you can stay here till hoboken freezes over."
我早该把他们都炒了。
I should have fired the whole bunch of them.
我感到羞愧。
I was mortified.
商业史上最重要的时刻被一群吹口哨的人搞砸了,他们不知道什么是口号♥,什么是用尖棍子戳眼睛。
The biggest moment in commercial annals muffed by a gang of horse whistlers who wouldn't know a slogan from a poke in the eye with a pointed stick.
我想我会尴尬死的。我真希望他们死于牙关紧闭。
I thought I'd die of embarrassment. I wish they'd died of lockjaw.
这些比赛到底有什么好处?
What good are these contests, anyway?
他们破坏了整个组织,给你树敌无数,而他们只能证明你一开始就赚了太多钱。
They disrupt the entire organization, they make you millions of enemies, and all they prove is that you're making too much money in the first place.
因为你可以把一大块扔给一个笨蛋,他可能一辈子都没喝过你的咖啡,但靠羊奶为生。
Since you can afford to toss a large chunk to some saphead who probably never had a cup of your coffee in his life, but lives on goat's milk.
他们作出裁决了吗?我不知道,也不在乎。
Have they reached a verdict yet? I don't know and I don't care.
现在,如果他们推迟到我们的下一个广播…不,不。这是明智的做法。
Now, maybe if they hold off until our next broadcast... No, no. That would be the intelligent thing to do.
这对为他们提供衣食和送孩子上大学的公♥司♥很有用,这样他们长大后就能像他们的父母一样成为哑铃。
That will be useful to the company that clothes and feeds them and sends their children to college, so they can grow up and be dumbbells like their parents.
你想要什么?比赛的冠军来了,麦克斯福德医生。
Well, what do you want? The contest winner is here, Dr. maxford.
比赛的获胜者是谁?是的,先生。
The contest winner? Yes, sir.
嗯,你觉得那件怎么样?
Well, how do you like that one?
首先,他们把一年中最大的一勺装在瓶子里,然后当他们准备好了,他们……好吧,让他进来!
First they bottle up the biggest scoop of the year and then when they get good and ready, they... All right, send him in!
你现在可以进去了。谢谢。
You can go in now. Thanks.
哦,我想我最好在这里等。请进。
Oh, I guess I'd better wait here. Come on in.
嗯,没有。也许你最好在这里等。
Well, no. Maybe you had better wait here.
我想我们都有点兴奋了。我想你会的。
I guess we're a little excited. I should think you would be.
祝贺你。谢谢。我是说,对他来说。
Congratulations. Thanks. I mean, for him.
为了我们俩。
For both of us.
好。
Well.
在所有的困惑中……来inl !
Of all the confounded... Come inl!
您好,先生。
How do you do, sir.
我想我很荣幸能和麦克斯福博士讲话。
I suppose I have the honor of addressing Dr. maxford, I presume.
没错,这是唐·哈特曼,我的播音员。
That's right, and this is Don hartman, my announcer.
哈特曼先生,很高兴见到你。
Well, Mr. hartman, it certainly is a pleasure to meet you.
我很欣赏你在节目中的个性。
I've certainly enjoyed your personality on the air.
哦。恭喜你。谢谢你!
Oh. Congratulations to you. Thank you.
这是电报,麦克斯福先生。maxford博士。
Here's the telegram, Mr. maxford. Dr. maxford.
是的,是的,是的。
Yes, yes, yes.
哦,是的。“很高兴通知你……25000美元。
Oh, yes. "Great pleasure informing you... $25,000.
“请打电♥话♥来取你的支票。”
"Kindly call and pick up your check."
比尔多克有很强的戏剧感。
Bildocker has a great sense of the dramatic.
麦克唐纳先生,你不会是一个爱喝咖啡的人吧?
You aren't by any chance a coffee drinker are you, Mr. MacDonald?
是的,先生,我当然是。嗯,这很令人惊讶。
Yes, sir, I certainly am. Well, that's surprising.
你不会碰巧喝了我的咖啡吧?
You don't by any chance drink my coffee, do you?
不,先生,你看,我…哦,是的,那听起来更自然。
Well, no, sir. You see, I... oh, yes, that sounds more natural.
但我可以轻易改变。不必了,麦克唐纳先生。
But I could easily change. That won't be necessary, Mr. MacDonald.
我不想让任何人认为我有任何基本的商业动机,我只是把钱捐出去,因为我晚上睡不着。
I wouldn't want anybody to think that I had any base commercial motives in all this, I just give money away because I can't sleep at night.
我问心有愧。这是我的口号♥。我赢的那个。
I have a guilty conscience. That's my slogan. The one I won with.
好吧,我想你都知道了。问心有愧,是吗?
Oh, well, I guess you know all about that. A guilty conscience, eh?
我可以看出我的钱花得很值。这是一个伟大的口号♥。
I can see that my money is well spent. That's a great slogan.
不,不,先生。
No, no, sir.
“如果你晚上睡不着,不是咖啡的问题,而是床铺的问题。”
"If you can't sleep at night, it isn't the coffee, it's the bunk."
你说什么?这是个双关语。
I beg your pardon? It's a pun.
当然是。太棒了。
It certainly is. It's great.
谢谢你!我等不及要把钱给你了。
Thank you. I can hardly wait to give you my money.
把比赛支票拿来。
Bring me that contest check.
我不知道你有没有经历过这样的事,麦克斯福德医生,但前一分钟还是个穷光蛋默默无闻的人下一分钟就坐上了世界之巅,
I don't know whether you've ever had anything like this happen to you, Dr. maxford, but to be poor and unknown one minute and be sitting on top of the world the next minute,
这种感觉是任何人都无法从我身上夺走的。
that's a feeling that nobody can ever take away from me.
好吧,我……知道我赢得这场比赛是因为我比任何人都想到了一个更好的口号♥,这对我来说比世界上任何事情都重要,我来告诉你为什么……如果你愿意……
Well, I... To know I won this contest because I thought of a better slogan than anyone else means more to me than anything else on earth, and I'll tell you why... If you will...
你看,我曾经认为也许我有好主意,会在世界上有所成就,但现在我知道了。
You see, I used to think maybe I had good ideas and was going to get somewhere in the world, but now I know it.
这就是我要感谢你的原因,麦克斯福德医生,比钱还要感谢你。
And that's what I want to thank you for, Dr. maxford, even more than the money.
这是你想要的吗,麦克斯福德医生,两万五千美元的那个?
Is this the one you wanted, Dr. maxford, the $25,000 one?
这是正确的。他们什么时候选出获胜者的?
That's right. When did they choose a winner?
我不知道……我不知道!
I didn't know... I don't know!
当然,他们不会费心通知我这些事情。
They don't bother to inform me about these things, of course.
詹姆斯·麦克唐纳。是"m-a-c"还是"m-c"?
James MacDonald. Is that "m-a-c" or "m-c"?
是m-a-c,先生。
It's m-a-c, sir. Oh, yes.
我的祖母是苏格兰人。
My, my grandmother was Scottish.
我说的是立陶宛语。
Mine was Lithuanian.
给你,年轻人。
Here you are, young man.
在这种情况下,通常会有几个摄影师、几个记者、甚至新闻摄录机和广播设备在场,
It is customary under these circumstances to have a few photographers present, a couple of reporters and even newsreels and broadcasting machinery,
但由于我们在这里做的一切都是在一架非常高的非商业飞机上进行的,我很高兴给你这张小支票,麦克唐纳先生。
but since we do everything around here on a very high non-commercial plane, I merely take pleasure in giving you this small check, Mr. MacDonald.
这就是它的全部。谢谢你,麦克斯福德医生。
And that's all there is to it. Thank you, Dr. maxford.
我不知道怎么才能找到合适的语言……好吧,别管他们。
I don't know how I could ever find words... Well, never mind about them.
再见,祝你好运。
Just goodbye and good luck.
哦,男孩。
Oh, boy.
-现在给我找bildocker!-是的,先生。
- Now get me bildocker! - Yes, sir.
哦,哎呀。
Oh, gee.
她有点兴奋。是的。
She's a little bit excited. Yes.
他像冰一样冷静。
He's as cool as ice.
好吧,再见。再见。
Well, goodbye. Goodbye.
再见。再见。
Goodbye. Goodbye.
再见。再见。
Goodbye. Goodbye.
是的。
Yes.
比尔多克先生不在办公室,麦克斯福德医生。
Mr. bildocker isn't in his office, Dr. maxford.
那他怎么不在办公室?
Well, why isn't he in his office?
他在哪里,在大厅玩弹珠游戏吗?
Where is he, down in the lobby playing marble games?
你找到他,告诉他…不要紧。等我见到他,我会亲自告诉他"不是咖啡的问题,是床的问题"
You find him and tell him... Never mind. I'll tell him myself when I see him "it isn't the coffee, it's the bunk."
哦,是不是很漂亮,吉米?
Oh, isn't it beautiful, Jimmy?
天哪,我得说确实如此。
Holy smoke, I should say it is.
当然,这只是一件小事。
Of course, this is a trifle on the large side.
现在,这是一块更实用的石头。
Now, here is a stone of more practical dimensions.
脾气暴躁的小恶魔,不是吗?
Fiery little devil, isn't it?
放大镜配吗?
The magnifying glass go with it?
当然,这完全取决于你。我只是想帮忙,仅此而已。
Of course it's entirely up to you. I was only trying to be helpful, that's all.
对我来说,你看的戒指有多大并不重要。
It's immaterial to me how big a ring you look at.
现在……等一下。
Now how about... just a minute.
新鲜的人。
Fresh guy.
比如,你觉得这个怎么样?
What do you think of this, for instance?
多少钱?一万二千美元,我可不想花那么多。
How much is it? $12,000 I wouldn't care to spend that much.
哦,你不会的。不。
Oh, you wouldn't. No.
电影精选列表