那是因为你是个笨蛋。
That's because you're a sap.
好吧,也许我是。但如果我是,我很高兴。
Well, maybe I am. But if I am, I'm glad of it.
你知道我们对彼此的感觉。皆无。
You know how we feel about each other. Nix.
这是真的,不是吗?你不能说我很主动。
Well, it's true, isn't it? You can't say I'm being forward.
并不多。好吧,我不是。
Not much. Well, I'm not.
时光飞逝,我们不再年轻。
Time is slipping by and we're not getting any younger.
皆无。
Nix.
两个人的生活可以和一个人一样便宜。谁想过便宜的生活?
Two can live as cheaply as one. Who wants to live cheaply?
别说了,好吗?
Cut it out, will you?
如果你赢了两万五千美元,你会怎么做?把它存进银行。
What would you do if you won the $25,000? Stick it in the bank.
你连个小戒指都不买♥♥吗?
Wouldn't you even buy a little ring or something?
我不喜欢男人戴戒指。哦,你。
I don't like rings on a man. Oh, you.
说这些有什么用,亲爱的?
Oh, what's the use of talking about it, honey?
你知道我会把钱都花在你和妈妈身上。
You know I'd spend it all on you and mom.
我会给你买♥♥一辆闪亮的新车,一套豪华的公♥寓♥,也许是郊区的梦幻小屋,雇些帮手,也许去欧洲旅行,也许现在去大峡谷会更好。
I'd get you a new, shiny car and a swell apartment, maybe one of those little dream houses in the suburbs, some hired help, maybe a trip to Europe, maybe the Grand Canyon would be better nowadays.
我们会很开心的。反正我们也会快乐的。
And we'd be happy, all right. We could be happy anyway.
那你就错了。
That's where you're wrong.
一切意味着幸福的东西都需要金钱和……你♥爸♥爸娶你妈妈的时候赚多少钱?
Everything that means happiness costs money and... How much was your dad making when he married your mom?
一星期18美元。好吗?
Eighteen bucks a week. Well?
嗯什么?你觉得这能证明什么吗?
Well what? Do you think that proves something?
她从来没有在乡下待过一天,从来没有买♥♥过什么好家具。
She's never been to the country for more than a day, never had any nice furniture.
她一生的梦想是一辆达文波特,在晚上变成一张双人床,带着曲柄。
The dream of her life is a Davenport that turns into a double bed at nighttime, with a crank.
除了她自己做的衣服,她从来没有穿过漂亮的衣服。
She's never had a nice dress except those she made herself.
在我找到第一份工作之前,我一直穿着他的衣服,而他在48岁的时候就已经筋疲力尽了,因为他负担不起一个像样的医生。
I wore the old man's stuff cut down till I got my first job, and he was worn out at 48 and croaked because he couldn't afford a decent doctor.
你哪来的"一周18块"的东西?
Where do you get that "18 bucks a week" stuff?
我赚18,你赚22,那就是40…当然,当然。你有你妈,我有我妈。
Well, I earn 18 and you earn 22 and that's 40... Sure, sure. And you got your ma and I got mine.
你有了孩子,你不得不停止工作,我们又回到了22号♥。
You get a kid and you have to stop work and we're right back at the 22 again.
除了你,还有那孩子,还有两位老太太和我。
Except then there is you, and the kid, and the two old ladies and me.
但是,吉米…拒绝,亲爱的。
But, Jimmy... nix, honey.
他们不会给你这样的手腕和手,让你在洗衣盆里糟蹋的。
They didn't give you wrists like that and hands like that to spoil in a washtub for a poor sap like me.
吉米……在这个旧世界里,你得照顾好自己。你要看到机会,抓住它。
Jimmy... you got to look out for yourself in this old world. You got to see the main chance and grab it.
有很多钱的机会。男人会照顾自己。
A chance with plenty of money. Men look out for themselves.
他们除了钱什么都不考虑。一个女孩也应该这样做而不是把时间浪费在像我这样的男人身上,除非他撞过来。
They don't think about anything but money. A girl's got to do the same instead of fooling away her time on a guy like me unless he crashes through.
你让我很累。那你为什么不去睡觉?
You make me tired. Then why don't you go to bed?
这话说得真好。
That's a nice thing to say.
你邀请一个女孩到你的屋顶上,然后对她大喊大叫。
You invite a girl over on your roof and then yell at her.
如果我想被侮辱,我可以和信贷经理约会。
If I wanted to be insulted, I could have gone out with a credit manager.
谁在阻止你?
Who's stopping you?
非常感谢,麦克唐纳先生。很高兴知道你的立场。
Thank you very much, Mr. MacDonald. It's nice to know where you stand.
我很抱歉。
I'm sorry.
也许我会和信贷经理约会。晚安
Maybe I will go out with a credit manager. Good night.
等一下,我来帮你。我不需要任何帮助,谢谢。
Wait a minute and I'll help you. I don't need any help, thank you.
在这里。
Here.
请放开我的手臂。你为什么不小心点?
Kindly let go of my arm. Why don't you watch your step?
你为什么不管好你自己的事?哦,闭嘴。
Why don't you mind your own business? Oh, shut up.
你为什么不闭嘴?
Why don't you shut up?
你们俩为什么不闭嘴?
Why don't you both shut up?
你看到了什么?
You see?
他们把马弄上去了吗?
They got up there a horse yet?
等待你的笑声。明智的人。
Wait for your laugh. Wise guy.
面包和黄油。面包和黄油。
Bread and butter. Bread and butter.
别从梯子上摔下来。我以前从梯子上下来过。
Don't fall down the ladder. I've been down the ladder before.
你以前也摔过。
You fell down it before, too.
晚安 晚安
Good night. Good night.
办公室见。你不带我去吗?
See you at the office. Aren't you going to take me?
好吧。
All right.
晚安,吉米。晚安
Good night, Jimmy. Good night.
晚安 晚安
Good night. Good night.
晚安
Night.
晚安,亲爱的。晚安,亲爱的。
Good night, honey. Good night, darling.
晚安 晚安
Good night. Good night.
晚安!
Good night!
我告诉你它会让你睡着。
I tell you it makes you sleep.
好吧,它能让你入睡。
All right, it makes you sleep.
水往山上流,狗叫,猫叫,水在冬天是炽热的,在夏天结冰。
And water runs uphill, and dogs meow, and cats bark, and water's red hot in the wintertime and freezes over in the summertime.
你和你父亲一样是个梦想家。
You're a dreamer just like your father.
对他来说,汽车总是顺风,你把风从前面卷起来,然后把它从后面推出去,让它跑起来,或者类似这样的狂野。
With him it was always automobiles where the wind, you scooped it up in the front, and pushed it out in the back to make it go or some such wildness.
是啊,我的想法是不会被吹走的。
Yeah, well, there's no wind blowing out of my ideas.
你风很大。
You're pretty windy.
你有车费吗?是这样认为的。
Have you got carfare? Think so.
是的。
Yeah.
许个愿。
Make a wish.
落到地板上的东西会落到门上。好吧。
What falls to the floor comes to the door. All right.
没有什么好笑的。我记得你父亲,愿他的灵魂安息,把一个25美分的硬币掉到裂缝里,不到一个小时,一个近视的人就给了他一个5美元的金币
There's nothing to laugh about. I mind the time your father, may his soul be peaceful, dropped a quarter down a crack, and it wasn't an hour till a near-sighted man give him a $5 gold piece
而不是给他五分钱。
instead of a nickel in paying his fare.
那天晚上我们去了康尼。爸爸的眼睛怎么了?
We went to coney that night. What was the matter with pa's eyes?
他此刻碰巧在看别的地方。
He happened to be looking somewhere else at the moment.
你父亲的眼睛和他身体的其他部分都没有问题。
There was nothing the matter with your father's eyes or any of the rest of him.
他是第三大街上最英俊的售票员。
He was the finest looking conductor on the third Avenue.
他确实是。
He sure was.
你在他身边就像只小虾。我当然愿意。
You'd look like a shrimp beside him. I sure would.
那就不要说任何反对你父亲的话。
Then don't be saying anything against your father.
我不是在说他的坏话,妈妈。
Oh, I'm not saying anything against him, mom.
好吧,小心脚下。
Well, watch your step.
吉米。是的,女士。
Jimmy. Yes, ma'am.
你的杯子里有钱。
There's money in your cup.
于是笨蛋问:“鱼先生在吗?”
And so the sucker says, "is Mr. fish there?"
电♥话♥那头的人说:“你想要哪一个?”
And the guy on the other end says, "which one do you want?
“这里是纽约水族馆。”
"This is the New York aquarium."
不,但最好的一个是你说,“这是爱迪生公♥司♥。
No, but the best one is you say, "this is the Edison company.
“你介不介意出去看看你房♥子前面的路灯是不是还亮着?”
"Would you mind stepping outside and seeing if the street light's burning in front of your house?"
当那个可怜的家伙回来说:“是的,是的。”你说:“好吧,把它吹灭,好吗?”
And when the poor mug comes back and says, "yes, it is," you say, "well, blow it out, will you?"
喂?喂,是maxford house咖啡公♥司♥吗?
Hello? Hello, is this the maxford house coffee company?
嗯,你能告诉我陪审团是否已经对比赛作出裁决了吗?
Well, could you tell me if the jury has reached a verdict on the contest yet?
哦,他们没有?那么每个人都还有机会,是吧?
Oh, they haven't? Well, then there's still a chance for everybody, huh?
还是要谢谢你。
Thanks just the same.
我想知道如果那些笨蛋赢得了什么,他们会怎么做?
I wonder what one of those suckers would do if they ever did win anything?
嗯,这很容易发现。
Well, it's very easy to find out.
你只需要一张电报纸,一些剪刀和一些胶水。
All you need is a telegraph blank, some scissors and some glue.
你把它切成条状,粘在空白的地方。
You cut it in strips, glue it on the blank.
好家伙!
Holy mackerel!
下午好,凯西小姐。早上好,沃特伯里先生。
Good afternoon, miss Casey. Good morning, Mr. waterbury.
早上好,约翰。
Good morning, John.
它堵塞。它最近经常这样做。
It jams. It's been doing that quite a lot lately.
神奇的是它居然还能起作用。是的,先生。
The wonder is it works at all. Yes, sir.
到我办公室来一下,麦克唐纳先生。
Come into my office a moment, Mr. MacDonald.
是的,先生。
Yes, sir.
我观察你有一段时间了,麦克唐纳先生。
I've been watching you for some time, Mr. MacDonald.
是的,先生,这让我有点紧张。
Yes, sir. Used to make me kind of nervous.
不再紧张了?没有,先生。
Not nervous anymore? No, sir.
那么你是一个爱喝酒的人吗?先生?
Are you a drinking man then? Sir?
这是你昨天工作的一部分。我记得你的号♥码是112。
This is part of your yesterday's work. I believe your number is 112.
是的,先生。
Yes, sir.
这台计算机几乎是万无一失的,麦克唐纳先生。
The comptometer computing machine is almost foolproof, Mr. MacDonald.
但你在这张单子上少报了一万一千美元。你认为这是什么原因?
Yet you managed to miss your total by a little matter of $11,000 on this one sheet. To what do you attribute that?
我不知道,沃特伯里先生。
I don't know, Mr. waterbury.
你对简单的算术很熟悉,是吗?
You are familiar with simple arithmetic, aren't you?
我的意思是,你知道加法,减法,甚至乘法的区别。
I mean, you know the difference between addition, subtraction, and possibly even multiplication.
是的,先生,我很擅长。
Yes, sir. I'm pretty good at it.
你家里有麻烦吗?
Have you troubles at home then?
你怕老婆吗?正在遭受心碎的折磨?
Are you henpecked? Suffering from a broken heart?
你最近检查过牙齿吗?你玩赛马吗?
Had your teeth examined lately? Do you play the races?
还是说你根本无法胜任你的工作?
Or are you purely and simply incapable of doing your work?
好吧,我……我想是因为比赛,沃特伯里先生。马克斯福德住♥宅♥竞赛。
Well, I... I guess it's the contest, Mr. waterbury. The maxford house contest.
我不知道这会影响我的工作。
I had no idea it was hurting my work.
奖金是多少?一等奖是25000美元。
How much is the prize? The first prize is $25,000.
啊,是的。
Ah, yes.
我以前也想过两万五千美元,我该怎么用它,如果我得不到它,我就是个失败者。
I used to think about $25,000, too, and what I'd do with it, that I'd be a failure if I didn't get a hold of it.
然后有一天我意识到我永远也不会有两万五千美元了,麦克唐纳先生。
And then one day I realized I was never going to have $25,000, Mr. MacDonald.
过了一会儿,过了很久,又过了一天,我又意识到另一件事,我现在要告诉你的事,麦克唐纳先生。
And then another day, a little bit later, considerably later, I realized something else, something I am imparting to you now, Mr. MacDonald.
电影精选列表