但只要我想,我就可以。哦,你可以?
But I could if I felt like it. Oh, you could?
哦。
Oh.
那一切就完全不同了。
Well, that puts everything on an entirely different basis.
现在,让我看看。我爱上她了。
Now, let me see. I'm in love with this one.
哦,你觉得够花哨吗?
Oh, do you think it's showy enough?
我可不想太过炫耀。哦,是的。
I wouldn't want it to be showy. Oh, yes.
不可否认,这是一篇友好的小文章。
Well, there's no denying it's a friendly, little piece.
好吧,那我们就买♥♥下它吧。是的,先生。
Well, then, I guess we'll take it. Yes, sir.
吉米。
Jimmy.
当然,我没带现金,但是……但我这里有张支票。我可以看看吗?
Of course, I haven't got any cash with me, but... But I've got a check here. May I see it, please?
确定。
Sure.
好吧,施密特先生,请您马上到这边来好吗?
Oh, well, Mr. schmidt, will you step this way immediately, if you please?
好吧,好吧,好吧。我赢了麦克斯福德房♥屋竞赛。
Well, well, well. I won the maxford house contest.
这不是很棒吗?好吧,狗我的猫,我应该说它是。
Isn't it wonderful? Well, dog my cats, I should say it is.
万分祝贺。两万五千恭喜你。
A thousand congratulations. Twenty-five thousand congratulations.
看在上帝的份上……施密特先生!
For heaven's sakes... Mr. schmidt!
好的,好的,希尔贝纳先生,我马上就到。
Yes, yes, Mr. hillbeiner, I'll be there presently.
那就切个槽吧,好吗?先生。
Well, kindly cut a groove, will you? Sir.
Hillbeiner又喝酒了。
Hillbeiner has been drinking again.
是吗?
Yes?
辛德尔兄弟,想知道你那张两万五千美元的支票是否有效,麦克斯福德医生。
Shindel bros. Wants to know if that $25,000 check of yours is good, Dr. maxford.
他们说"好吗"是什么意思?
What do they mean, "is it good"?
告诉他们我随时会和他们比一比,给他们6比4的赔率。
Tell them I'll match mine against theirs any day, and give them six-to-four.
是的,先生。好吃吗?
Yes, sir. Is it good?
开始。davenola。现在,请仔细观察。
Commence. The davenola. Now, watch closely.
我只是移开两个坐垫,把手指放在标有“晚上”的按钮上,
I merely remove two cushions, place my finger on the button marked "night,"
在标有“白天”的按钮旁边,反之亦然,只要手指轻轻一按,我们就有了一张双人床,一个收音机,一个烟灰缸,供在床上吸烟的人使用,
which is next to the button marked "day," and vice versa, and with one easy push of the finger, we have a double bed, a radio, an ashtray for those who smoke in bed,
为最贪心的读者准备一盏台灯,一部电♥话♥,以及其他多得难以计数的配件。
a reading lamp for the most voracious reader, a telephone, and any other accessories too numerous to mention.
停下来只是为了把枕套套在白天的靠垫上,
Pausing merely to slip a pillowslip over the day cushion,
我们完成了蜕变。
we complete the metamorphosis.
一切都在指尖控制之下。
Everything under fingertip control throughout.
人类的聪明才智是无限的。
There is no limit to man's ingenuity.
那不是很棒吗?明天就到了。
Isn't that wonderful? Comes the morrow.
轻轻一挥手腕,
A flick of the wrist,
彻底的通风。
a thorough airing.
轻轻地按一下标有“日”的按钮,
A gentle pressure on the button marked "day,"
瞧,就像法国人说的。
and voila, as the French would say.
准备好享用一顿充满活力的早餐,浏览一本书,或者打一场温和的桥牌。
Ready for the invigorating breakfast, the browsing book, or the gentle game of bridge.
价格198.50加税。我们买♥♥下它了。
The price 198.50 plus tax. We'll take it.
你得到了多么划算的交易啊。你说什么?
And what a bargain you're getting. I beg your pardon?
我是辛德尔先生,麦克唐纳先生。
I'm Mr. shindel, Mr. MacDonald.
恭喜你,这是你的支票。
Congratulations, here's your check.
多好的支票啊。谢谢。对了,你多久能寄过来?
And what a check. Thanks. Say, how soon can you send it?
妈妈一直想要它。它的存在。
Mom's been wanting it so long. It's there.
来点特别的,山里人。是的,先生。
Make that a special, hillbeiner. Yes, sir.
你觉得你妈妈会喜欢吗?
Do you suppose your mother would like one?
不用了,谢谢你,吉米。我们没有地方了。
Oh, no, thank you, Jimmy. We haven't got room.
我们得给她买♥♥点东西。我们得给每个人买♥♥点东西。
We've got to get her something. We've got to get everybody something.
妈妈一直想要个新熨斗。
Well, mama's been wanting a new iron for a long time.
她知道了。你有熨斗吗?
She's got it. Have you got irons?
我们有熨斗吗?
Have we got irons?
他们什么都做,就是不唱歌♥。
They do everything but sing.
我们得给施瓦兹太太买♥♥点东西,给索菲,给齐默尔曼老先生,给凯西家的孩子们买♥♥个娃娃。你不怕花太多钱吗?
Say, we've got to get something for Mrs. Schwartz, a doll for Sophie, old Mr. Zimmerman, the Casey kids. Aren't you afraid of spending too much?
哦,无稽之谈。芬尼根家的孩子。还有墨菲巡警。
Oh, nonsense. The Finnegan kids. And patrolman Murphy.
托尼mezeppo。还有罗森布拉特先生。
Tony mezeppo. And Mr. rosenblatt.
听着,我们最好只在街的这一边工作,在街的另一边工作,这样我们就不会忘记任何人。哦,吉米。
Look, we'd better just work up one side of the street and down the other, that way we won't forget anybody. Oh, Jimmy.
我不想不付钱就拿走这些东西,辛德尔先生。
I don't like to take all this without paying for it, Mr. shindel.
胡说,麦克唐纳先生。
Nonsense, Mr. MacDonald.
一个诚实的人我们一眼就能看出来,不是吗,孩子们?
We know an honest man when we see one, don't we, boys?
是的,确实。
Yes, indeed.
你拿着这张支票,把找零给我好吗?
Why don't you take this check and give me the change?
我们应该有零钱来付这种支票。
We should have change for such a check.
原谅我。
Excuse me.
真划算。谢谢你!
What a bargain. Thank you.
好吧,辛德尔先生,我把钱存到银行后就给你拿支票来。
Well, Mr. shindel, I'll bring you a check as soon as I put this in the bank.
谁赶时间?随时来坐坐。明天来坐坐。
Who's in a hurry? Drop in anytime. Drop in tomorrow.
这是花,辛德尔先生。谢谢你!
Here are the flowers, Mr. Shindel. Thank you.
小纪念品。谢谢你!
Little souvenir. Thank you.
别忘了再打电♥话♥来,麦克唐纳先生。不,先生,我不会的。
Don't forget to call again, Mr. MacDonald. No, sir, I won't.
再见。再见,辛德尔先生。
Goodbye. Goodbye, Mr. shindel.
再见,辛德尔先生。再见。
Goodbye, Mr. shindel. Goodbye.
再见。
Goodbye.
再见,施密特先生。再见,麦克唐纳先生。
Goodbye, Mr. schmidt. Goodbye, Mr. MacDonald.
再见,施密特先生。再见。
Goodbye, Mr. schmidt. Goodbye.
再见,希尔海默先生。Hillbeiner。
Goodbye, Mr. hillbeimer. Hillbeiner.
再见,海比尔默先生。
Goodbye, Mr. heillbimer.
山……很接近了。
Hill... that's close enough.
再见。
Goodbye.
再来看看我们,好吗?谢谢你!再见。
Come and see us again, won't you? Thank you. Goodbye.
再见。
Goodbye.
你的行李都拿齐了吗?
Have you got all your bundles now?
再见。再见。
Goodbye. Goodbye.
再见。再见。
Goodbye. Goodbye.
再见,再见。
Bye, bye.
真是个好孩子。多好的生意啊。
What a boy. What a business.
哦,我太高兴了。
Oh, I'm so happy.
我自己感觉还不错。
I feel kind of good myself.
我们到那儿时,你能看到每个人脸上的表情吗?
Can you see the faces on everybody when we get there?
是的,就像七月的圣诞节。
Yeah, like Christmas in July.
好吧,新年快乐。
Well, happy new year.
从现在开始,这将是一个快乐的新年。
It will be a happy new year, too, from now on.
一切都是新的、干净的、不同的。
Everything new and clean and different.
想想看,吉米,别再担心了。这是正确的。
Just think, Jimmy, no more worry. That's right.
这是贫穷唯一可怕的地方。
That's the only terrible thing about being poor.
我们会有一个什么样的房♥子?你喜欢哪种都行。
What kind of a house are we going to have? Any kind you like.
顶层公♥寓♥怎么样?他们来的有点高,不是吗?
How about a penthouse? They come kind of high, don't they?
哦,不,我不认为……哦,你这个傻瓜。
Oh, no, I don't think... Oh, you fool.
你会永远爱我吗?当然,我会的。
Would you love me for always? Of course, I will.
永永远远?我不知道为什么。
For always and always? I don't know why not.
可能会很长时间。
It might be a long time.
时间越长越甜蜜,宝贝。
The longer, the sweeter, baby.
然后他说:“妈妈,你全身都湿了。你可以买♥♥任何你想要的东西。
And then he says, "mom, you're all wet. You can buy anything you want.
“一辆汽车,新衣服,家具,达文波特,还有任何东西。”
"An automobile, new dresses, furniture, the Davenport, and anything."
我知道。我的欧文,他也喝酒。偶尔会有一点。
I know. My Irving, he drinks, too. Once in a while a little bit.
一点也不少……是的,我知道,但是吉米不知道。
Not so little... Yes, I know, but Jimmy doesn't.
除非发生了什么可怕的事,否则我无法想象他会喝酒。
I can't think of him taking a drink unless something terrible happened.
他可能丢了工作。但他说他加薪了。
Might'll be he lost his job. But he said he got a raise.
加薪呢?现在是谁在加薪?
A raise? Who's giving raises those days?
我想不出发生了什么事。
I can't think what has happened.
他们要把他带回家。
They're bringing him home.
-斯威格,谁问你了?-哦,斯威格。
- Schweig still, who asked you something? - Oh, schweig.
别担心,亲爱的。
Don't you worry, dear.
也许只是一个小事故,也许只是一条腿……或者是手指。
Maybe just a little accident, maybe just a leg... or a finger.
快过来。快点。快来。
Come here, quick. Hurry up. Come quick.
这是什么?一个葬礼。
What is it? A funeral.
嘿,妈妈,快下来!你也是,施瓦茨夫人。
Hey, mom, come on down! You, too, Mrs. Schwartz.
你也是,妈妈。我们为每个人准备了礼物。
You, too, mama. We've got presents for everybody.
他是喝醉了。吉米!
He's drunk. Jimmy!
我很好,妈妈!快下来!
I'm all right, mom! Come on down!
看!
Look!
有人受伤了吗?吉米·麦克唐纳乘出租车回家。
Was somebody hurt? Jimmy MacDonald came home in a taxicab.
等一下。我有个大惊喜要给你。
Wait a minute. I got a big surprise for you.
我想从苏菲开始。
I want to start with Sophie.
小心,现在。
Careful, now.
苏菲,我有礼物给你。给我吗?
I've got a present for you, Sophie. For me?
是的,打开它。
Yes, open it up.
等一下。别紧张。
Wait a minute. Take it easy.
别紧张。我想每个人都有适合自己的东西。
Take it easy. There's something for everybody, I think.
妈妈!
Mom!
哦,发生什么事了?你受伤了吗?
Oh, what's happened? Are you hurt?
电影精选列表