我不是失败者,我是成功者。
I'm not a failure, I'm a success.
你看,雄心壮志如果能起作用是好的,但是如果只有0.5%的人是成功的,其余的人都是失败的,那么任何制度都不可能是正确的。这是不对的。
You see, ambition is all right if it works, but no system could be right where only half of one percent were successes and all the rest were failures. That wouldn't be right.
我不是失败者,我是成功者。
I'm not a failure, I'm a success.
如果你自食其力,付账单,正视这个世界,你也一样。
And so are you if you earn your own living, pay your bills and look the world in the eye.
我希望你能赢得那两万五千美元,麦克唐纳先生,但如果你碰巧没中也不用担心。
I hope you win your $25,000, Mr. MacDonald, but if you shouldn't happen to don't worry about it.
现在滚回你的办公桌,努力提高你的算术。
Now get the heck back to your desk and try to improve your arithmetic.
是的,先生,沃特伯里先生。
Yes, sir, Mr. waterbury.
谢谢你!没关系。
Thank you. That's all right.
哇!
Wow!
哦,亲爱的,看!快看,快看!
Oh, honey, look! Look, look!
嘿,大家好!嘿,大家好!嘿,大家好!来这里!
Hey, everybody! Hey, everybody! Hey, everybody! Come here!
快下来。亲爱的,上来,好吗?上来吧。
Come on down here. Honey, get up here, will you? Get up here.
哇!哇!
Wow! Wow!
哦,孩子们,在每个人的生命中,总有那么一刻,你必须站到桌子上,让她尽情地发泄。
Oh, boys and girls, there comes a time in everybody's life when you've just got to get up on top of a desk and let her rip.
哇!
Wow!
换句话说,同学们,我刚刚赢得了麦克斯福住♥宅♥竞赛的一等奖两万五千美元。
In other words, boys and girls, I've just won the $25,000 first prize in the maxford house contest.
嘿,给我一个电♥话♥。给我一个电♥话♥。
Hey, give me a phone. Give me a phone.
天啊,这一定很棒。
Boy, this is going to be good.
喂?喂?请给我astoria 59970。
Hello? Hello? Give me astoria 59970.
这真是太棒了。
This is really going to be good.
喂?
Hello?
喂?喂?是施瓦兹太太吗?是的。
Hello? Hello? Is this Mrs. Schwartz? Yes.
我是吉米。你好,施瓦茨夫人。
This is Jimmy. Yeah, hello, Mrs. Schwartz.
是的,我不想打扰你,但我能和我妈妈说几句话吗?
Yes, I hate to bother you, but could I talk to my mom a minute?
是的,这很重要。谢谢你,施瓦茨夫人。
Yes, it's very important. Thank you, Mrs. Schwartz.
等我有了手♥机♥,你想怎么用就怎么用。
I'll let you use my phone all you like when I get one.
喂?妈妈,你好吗?妈妈,这是吉米。
Hello? Hello, mom? Mom, this is Jimmy.
现在,妈妈…妈妈,我要告诉你一件事,但不要让它吓到你。
Now, mom... mom, I'm going to tell you something, but don't let it frighten you.
你没受伤吧?我当然没有受伤。
You're not hurt? Of course I'm not hurt.
妈妈,我会在电车下面给你打电♥话♥吗?
Mom, would I call you up from under a streetcar?
妈妈,听着。你是富女人还是穷女人?
Now, mom, listen. Are you a rich woman or a poor woman?
不,我没有被热疯。我只是问你一个简单的问题。
No, I'm not crazy with the heat. I'm just asking you a simple question.
你是富女人还是穷女人?
Are you a rich woman or a poor woman?
你全身湿透了。我说你全身都湿了,妈妈。
You're all wet. Oh, I said you're all wet, mom.
现在,看看。你想买♥♥什么就买♥♥什么。
Now, look. You can go buy yourself anything you want.
新家具、汽车、新衣服……电动洗衣机。
New furniture, automobiles, new dresses... Electric washer.
哦,电动洗衣机。你知道你喜欢的那个吗,绿色的那个?
Oh, electric washer. You know the one you like, the green one?
这是你的,妈妈。达文波特。
It's yours, mom. The Davenport.
达文波特那间,还有晚上变成双人床的那间,都是你的了,妈妈,都是你的。还有你想要的任何东西。
Oh, the Davenport, and the one that turns into a double bed at nighttime, it's yours, mom, it's all yours. And anything else you want.
你只要告诉我,它就是你的了,妈妈。
All you got to do is tell me and it's yours, mom.
这只会让你损失一个达文波特。
It's going to cost you just one Davenport.
我要告诉全世界我加薪了!还有他是怎么加薪的!
I'll tell the world I got a raise! And how he got a raise!
让我们结束他的痛苦吧。嘿,去你的,老板。
Let's put him out of his misery. Hey, cheese it, the boss.
这是怎么回事?这是什么,足球比赛吗?
What is going on around here? What is this, a football game?
安静!我说,安静!
Quiet! I said, quiet!
否则你们所有人都会有严重后果。
Or there will be severe consequences for all of you.
年轻人,你在桌子上干什么?
What are you doing up on that desk, young man?
别管你在做什么。你现在就被解雇了,马上。
Never mind what you're doing. You're fired as of now, this minute.
你叫什么名字?詹姆斯·麦克唐纳,先生,这是我的fiancée,凯西小姐。
What's your name? James MacDonald, sir, and this is my fiancée, miss Casey.
那你就好好吸取教训吧。
Well, let that be a lesson to you.
这有什么好笑的?
What is so funny about that?
这是什么意思,沃特伯里先生?
What is the meaning of this demonstration, Mr. waterbury?
我要求一个解释,最好是很好的解释。
I demand an explanation, and it had better be very good.
很好,先生。看来这个小伙子……什么?什么?什么?安静!
It is very good, sir. It appears this lad has... What? What? What? Quiet!
巴克斯特先生吗?你想要什么?
Mr. Baxter? What do you want?
如果有人应该被解雇,那就是我。
If anyone ought to be fired around here, it's me.
好吧,别管那些高贵的姿态了,这里的规矩由我来决定。
Well, never mind the noble gestures, I'll decide what's what around here.
你可以把漫游者的东西留到你空闲的时候。
You can save that rover boy stuff for your spare time.
一定要给这个年轻人钱,别让这种事再发生了。
See that this young man is paid off, and don't let this type of nonsense reoccur.
巴克斯特先生,有一个很好的理由…这和公♥司♥的事务有关系吗?
Mr. Baxter, there is a very good reason... Has it anything to do with the affairs of this company?
不,先生,但是……好吧,那我不想再听了。
Well, no, sir, but... Well, then I don't care to hear any more about it.
但你确实想多听一些。
But you do care to hear more about it.
怎么样?
How was that?
我说,你确实想多听一些。
I say, you do care to hear more about it.
你不可能明白我说的是什么,否则你不会走开。
You couldn't have understood what was said or you wouldn't have walked away.
这些孩子是你家庭的一部分,巴克斯特先生,发生在他们身上的事也会发生在你身上。
These children are part of your family, Mr. Baxter, and anything that happens to them is happening to you.
所以如果你不想听更多,你一定是误解了。
So if you don't care to hear more about it, you must have misunderstood.
这是怎么回事,沃特伯里?
What is all this, waterbury?
这个年轻人,你的小雇员,刚刚赢得了两万五千美元的麦克斯福德之家新标语比赛。
This young man, this minor employee of yours, has just won the $25,000 maxford house new slogan contest.
他,而且只有他一个人在数百万参赛者中脱颖而出。
He, and he alone was chosen winner over millions of contestants.
我说,这就足够让人高兴了。
And I say that is reason enough for rejoicing.
嗯,我应该说是的。
Well, I should say it is.
如果你能从我的家具上下来,我想祝贺你,先生。吉米。吉米。
If you'll kindly get down off my furniture, I'd like to congratulate you, Mr... Jimmy. Jimmy.
祝你好运。谢谢你,先生。
Well, more power to you. Thank you, sir.
现在,我想我得把你重新雇回来,薪水要高得多。
Now, I suppose I'll have to hire you back at a fat increase.
我觉得没必要,巴克斯特先生。
Oh, I don't think that will be necessary, Mr. Baxter.
你看,我一直很喜欢这里,而且……嗯,我想稍微加薪会派上用场的。
You see, I've always liked it here and... Well, I guess a little raise would come in kind of handy.
你真的赢了麦克斯福德房♥子的比赛,是吗?
And you really won the maxford house contest, eh?
电报上是这么说的。
That's what the telegram said.
你说他们想要个新口号♥什么的?
You say they wanted a new slogan or something?
是的,先生。
Yes, sir.
是时候换掉旧的了。
Well, it's about time they changed the old one.
你的口号♥是什么?
What was your slogan?
如果你晚上睡不着,那不是咖啡的问题,而是床铺的问题。
If you don't sleep at nights, it isn't the coffee, it's the bunk.
你明白了吗?这是一个文字游戏。
Do you get it? It's a play on words.
意思是,如果你晚上不睡觉…是的,但是咖啡会让你保持清醒。不不不,先生。
It means, if you don't sleep at night... Yeah, but coffee keeps you awake. No, no, no, sir.
你看,这个科学家…好吧,这是一个非常聪明的想法。
You see, this scientist that was... well, it's a very clever idea just the same.
“不是咖啡的问题,是床铺的问题。”
"It isn't the coffee, it's the bunk."
这对整个行业来说都是好事。
You know, that ought to be good for the whole industry.
当你在为我们的竞争对手设计口号♥时,你不会碰巧为巴克斯特父子公♥司♥想出什么点子吧?
You didn't happen to get any ideas for Baxter and sons, did you, while you were inventing slogans for our competitors?
你知道,我们也煮咖啡。当然了,巴克斯特先生。
We make coffee, too, you know. I certainly did, Mr. Baxter.
自从我来到这里,我就一直想把他们告诉广♥告♥部。
I've been trying to tell them to the advertising department ever since I've been here.
我想我已经去过那里一千次了,直到我想他们有点讨厌我了。你看,我们的广♥告♥做得不够。
I guess I've been down there about a thousand times, till I guess they got kind of sick of me. You see, we don't advertise enough.
你愿意到我的办公室来告诉我一些这些想法吗?
How would you like to come into my office and tell me a few of these ideas?
是的,先生。哦,吉米。
Yes, sir. Oh, Jimmy.
你也可以来,亲爱的。
You can come, too, my dear.
然后我会推出一个二级品牌来抓住中间交易。
And then I'd put out a secondary brand to catch the in-between-trade.
说,“waterbury’s,是浆果。”
Say, "waterbury's, it's the berries."
“沃特伯里”是什么意思?好了,沃特伯里,让他说下去吧。
What do you mean "waterbury"? Now, waterbury, let him go on.
因为,如果巴克斯特是最好的,我们就得收更多的钱。
Because, if Baxter's is the best, we've got to charge more for it.
我们得为它想出一个好口号♥。口口相传是可以的,但前提是你有合适的词语。记下来,佩特帕斯小姐。
We've got to have a good slogan for it. Word of mouth is all right, but only if you've got the right words. Make a note of that miss pettypass.
我试着找到一个暗示巴克斯特是同类中最好的口号♥。
I'd try to find a slogan that'd implied that Baxter's was the finest of its class.
说,哦,不是贵族咖啡,那被用得太多了,而是,说,“蓝血咖啡”。
Say, oh, not the aristocrat of coffee, that's been used too much, but, say, "the blueblood coffee.
“它是在豆子里培育出来的。看到了吗?好像每颗豆子……好像我们咖啡里的每一颗豆都有自己的血统。
"It's bred in the bean. see? As if every bean... As if every bean in our coffee had a pedigree.
“巴克斯特最好的,蓝血咖啡。”
"Baxter's best, the blueblood coffee."
“它是在豆子里培育出来的。”
"It's bred in the bean."
“它是在豆子里培育出来的。”
"It's bred in the bean."
太棒了!
Wonderful!
那个怎么样,詹金斯?
How about that one, Jenkins?
唯一的问题是我自己没有想到。
The only trouble with it is I didn't think of it myself.
“它是在豆子里培育出来的。”我在全国各地都能看到。
"It's bred in the bean." I can see it all over the nation.
在每一个角落和戴尔。
In every nook and Dell.
吉米,你真是个天才。
Jimmy, you're a genius.
既然你是资本家,我不知道你对为生计而工作有什么看法,但如果你愿意在这里有个小办公室……你是说对我自己?门上有他的名字?
Now that you're a capitalist, I don't know how you feel about working for a living, but if you'd care to have a little office here... You mean to myself? With his name on the door?
当然,门上写着他的名字,还有这位年轻女士做你的秘书。
Naturally, with his name on the door, and this young lady as your secretary.
合理的津贴稍后再定。
And a reasonable stipend to be determined upon later.
我看我们现在没有理由不就此握手言和。
I see no reason why we shouldn't shake hands on it now.
说吧,吉米。天啊,巴克斯特先生,我会的。我会怎么做呢?
Go ahead, Jimmy. Well, gee whiz, Mr. Baxter, I should say I would. And how, I would.
现在我想你想请个下午的假,让我们把你的办公室收拾好吧?
And now I suppose you'd like to have the afternoon off while we get your office ready?
非常感谢,巴克斯特先生。
Well, I'd certainly appreciate it, Mr. Baxter.
她也能一起来吗?她当然可以。
Can she come along, too? Why, of course she can.
一只小鸟告诉我你要先去哪一家店。
And a little bird tells me what kind of store you're going be visiting first.
我猜是个小珠宝店吧?
A little jewelry store I'll wager, eh?
我想你说得没错,巴克斯特先生,但我想首先我要去马克斯福德家拿那张小支票。
I guess you're not far wrong, Mr. Baxter, but first of all I think I'll go over to maxford house and pick up that little check.
哦,是的。我们差点忘了这一点,不是吗?
Oh, yes. We'd almost forgotten about that, hadn't we?
差不多了,但不完全是。
Almost, but not quite.
你的maxford house口号♥是什么来着?
What was your maxford house slogan again?
“不是床铺的问题,是咖啡的问题。”
"It isn't the bunk, it's the coffee."
啊,是的。不,不。
Ah, yes. No, no.
“不是咖啡的问题,是床铺的问题。”
"It isn't the coffee, it's the bunk."
电影精选列表