Bye.
你知道么 你要是把衣服脱在一起
You know, if you really had it all together,
你就不会找不见你的小裤裤了
you wouldn't be leavin' your...
对不起打搅了 不过那个阿姨说你还没睡呢
Sorry to bother you, but the lady said you were still awake.
你能帮我开下这个饼干盖子么
Would you mind helping me open this jar of pretzels?
好小的屋子哦
Wow. Small room.
你能帮帮我么 我今晚上还没有吃东西呢
Can you help me? I haven't had anything to eat all night.
记单词都忘记时间了
I was studying my words so hard
现在都不能叫房♥间服务了
that I missed room service hours,
我又打不开这盖子
and this jar's too hard for me to open.
你还没打开么 还是你要吃呀
Are you opening it now or have you taken it?
太好了 谢谢你
Great. Thanks.
还有我想知道 你能不能做我的朋友啊
I was also wondering if you wanted to be my friend.
我为什么要跟一个9岁大的小屁孩做朋友
Why would I want to be friends with a 9-year-old'?
我10岁唉 不过无所谓了
Ten, but okay, that's cool.
我只是觉得我们两个一起记单词要有趣些
I just thought it would be fun to study together before tomorrow.
还可以一起喝点迷你吧台里的苏打汽水
Drink soda pop from the mini-bar and stuff.
-你屋子里有迷你吧台啊 -是啊
-You got a mini-bar in there? -I do.
那你爹妈呢
What about Mom and Dad?
我爹觉得我已经到了学习自立的年纪了
My dad believes I should learn how to be my own man.
所以这个周末我都是一个人住酒店的
And that means staying in my own hotel room myself this weekend.
所以他住在别的房♥间了是吧
So he's just staying in a different room down here, is he?
他住在比这里要好一点的酒店 离这里就几条街
He's staying at a fancier hotel a few blocks away.
好家伙
Nice guy-
挺爽的 跳多少下床也没人管
It's kind of neat. I get to jump on the bed as much as I want.
不过今晚我搞砸了 忘记叫晚饭了
But tonight I messed up and missed room service.
你给剪贴本起了名字
Have you named your binder?
是啊 它叫陶德
Yes. Todd.
里面全是我记的单词
He has all the words I've ever memorized in there.
和它们的词源
And their origins.
陶德是我获胜的钥匙
Todd's my key to success.
我跟陶德在一起的时间比我爹娘还多
I think I've spent more hours with Todd than even my parents.
它又酷又聪明 所以我才叫它陶德
He's cool and he's smart, and that's why I named him Todd.
不是吧 原来如此哦
No, that makes sense.
那你想出最喜欢的单词了么
Have you figured out your favorite word?
木有 我敢肯定
No, I sure haven't.
是"操"开头的么
Is it the "F" word?
要比那个更凶残点吧
It's up there.
因为你经常说呀
Because you say it a lot.
每个人都应该这样
Everyone should.
我就不行呀 我爹说那是脏话
Not me. My father says bad words.
那你♥爸♥说么
What about your dad?
从没见过他 不过我妈经常说脏话呢
Never met him. But my mom said bad words a lot.
你当然能说脏话 谁他妈会在乎
And you can say bad words. Who gives a shit?
-我不行 -为什么啊
-I shouldn't. -Why not?
想什么就说什么啊
You should just say what you feel.
脏话就是为这些事而生的啊 你就不想试试
That's what they're there for. Why don't you try one?
我现在想不出个脏子来啊
I feel the opposite of bad-wordy right now.
你就想不出个脏字么 逼格真高啊
Will you just say something bad, you fuckin' Quaker?
草泥马
Motherfucker?
太棒了 很精彩 这个很经典
Great. Perfect. That's a good one.
你的灵魂没被火焰灼烧吧 没吧
And did your soul burst into flames? No.
没啊 我挺好
Nope. I'm okay.
你是个小怪胎 你知道不
You're a little weirdo. You know that?
哎大叔 醒醒
Hey. Hey.
已经早上了
It's morning.
你昨晚喝醉睡我房♥间了 而且我没敢叫醒你
You passed out last night and I was scared to wake you.
我爸快来了 你赶紧回去吧
My dad will be here any minute. You should go.
哦好
Okay.
睡得肿么样 鸡♥巴♥头
You sleep good, dickhead?
好吧你今天早上想要怎样
So what do you want to know about this morning?
我想无所谓吧
Uh, nothing unless it's really important.
你被安排坐在布兰登·阿弗特古德边上了
Oh, you're gonna be seated next to Braden Aftergood.
他是大赛自家推荐的
He comes from bee royalty.
-是给我的警告么 -是呀 因为人家很厉害啊
-Consider me warned. -Oh, good, because he is awesome.
-是吗 -当然
-Is he? -Yeah.
所以他拼写很厉害咯
Is he a great speller?
我昨晚是不是把内♥裤♥忘在你屋子里了
Did I leave my underpants in your room last night?
你确实把...
As a matter of fact, you...
哦我不知道
I don't know.
快点给我吧
Would you look for me' please?
我就带了三条出来啊
I only brought three pairs.
我回去给你找找吧 珍妮
I probably would have seen them, Jenny.
我屋子里没有洗手台 没有浴室 没有厕所
My room has no sink, shower or toilet.
那个铁T真狠
Score one for Deagan.
其实你知道不 我也很厉害的呀
You know, you can put me on the board, too.
很显然 只要自己不那么固执
Obviously, if I could figure out a way to be less stubborn,
总会想到容易和正确的解决办法
the right way to fix things would be easier to see.
我要靠窗坐 我要靠窗 你坐里面
Window! Window! You take that one.
好吧
Yes.
排场很大么
Pretty impressive.
大家注意了 还有五分钟我们就直播了
All right, everybody, we're going live in five minutes.
-对不起 您是无限点击新闻的么 -是的
-Excuse me. Press? Click and Scroll? -Uh, yes.
是的 这我都明白
Yeah, I understand all that.
这一轮的单词都是随机的
Here's the randomized list for this round.
帮我个忙 给他念我专门准备的
Do me a favor and enunciate this year.
看看是谁来了
Well, look who's here.
能把我衣服挂在椅子上么
Can you hook it on your chair or something?
-谢了 -好运啊
-Thanks. -Good luck.
我是来参赛的 伙计
I'm a contestant, buddy.
女王殿下你好哇
"How you Gum"?
大家都坐好了
Can we get them to sit down, please, ma'am?
盖伊
Hey, Guy!
你也来了啊 嗨
Oh, look who's here. Hi.
我坐哪里啊 这里吗 抱歉让让
Where's me? Is this me? Excuse me.
欢迎大家来到第111届
Welcome, everyone, to the 111th
金羽笔全国联赛
Annual Golden Quill National Spelling Bee.
我是皮特·芙劳沃
I'm Pete Fowler
我们正在历史悠久的菲格罗亚大礼堂现场直播
coming to you live from historic Figueroa Auditorium
这里是阳光明媚的加州洛杉矶市
here in sunny Los Angeles, California.
今年是我们金羽笔拼写大赛
This year marks the first year
第一次进行全国赛事直播
that the Golden Quill has been nationally televised,
因此我们请来了金羽笔联赛的主席
and we can think of no better captain for such a maiden voyage
亲自掌舵 带领我们进入一个新篇章
than the President of the Quill Institute itself.
欢迎您来到比赛现场 威廉·鲍曼教授
Welcome to your tournament, Professor William Bowman.
或者我该称呼您为鲍曼博士
Or should I say Dr. Bowman?
这应该要取决于是什么情况了
It all depends on whether you're sick or confused.
或者你直接叫我比尔好了
Otherwise, just Bill.
好吧 那咱们开始吧
Well, let's get started, shall we'?
我们一共有50位参赛选手
We have all 50 competitors in the room, and we're ready to begin.
第一位上场的选手是凌宽
Our first competitor is Ling Quan.
凌宽说等她长大了
Ling says that when she grows up,
她要当美国的总统
she would like to be President of the United States.
一定要在你四十岁之前实现它 好不好
Making it your fourth to reach the office, would it not?
会的 祝你好运 凌
It would. Best of luck, Ling.
指纹
Dactylogram.
指...纹
Dactylog ram?
指纹
Dactylogram.
指纹
Dactylogram.
指纹
Dactylogram.
请给我个提示
Can I have the definition, please?
一枚指纹
"A fingerprint."
指纹
Dactylogram.
能否告诉我下词源
Can I have the origin, please?
来自希腊词源"手指"的组合...
From a Greek combination dactylos...
我是盖伊 你是布兰登吧 布兰登·阿弗特古德
I'm Guy. And you're Braden, right'? Braden Aftergood?
我不能和你说话的
I'm not supposed to talk to you.
为什么
Why not?
因为我爸说
Because my dad says
你可能就是一个没工作的流浪汉
you're probably just some unemployed bum
来偷走本来属于我的奖金的