我在138街的办公室裡工作。
I was working in my office on 138th Street.
主要是治疗一战中受伤的人,比如我。
Mostly fixing up banged-up guys, like myself, from the Great War.
看到了吗?美丽。
See? Beautiful.
所有的伤害都是世界乐于忘记的。
All from injuries the world was happy to forget.
修整面部,振奋精神,唱歌♥。
Fixing faces, lifting spirits, singing songs.
花生我的眼睛落在法国了。
Peanuts I left my eye in France.
我经常因为尝试研发新药而被医学委员会留校察看。
And I was constantly on probation with the medical board for trying to make new medicines.
我的意思是,我们需要当时还不存在的药物来度过痛苦和紧张的一天。
I mean, we needed medicines that didn't exist yet just to get through the day, with the pain and the nerves.
我希望这是一种更好的药。这就是我要说的。
I hope this is a better pill. That's all I'm saying.
我希望你是对的。
I hope you're right.
有些人比其他人做得更好。
Some worked better than others.
这是我今天的第二天。
This is my second of the day.
我感觉很好。
And I feel great.
维克多,你想尝尝吗?
Victor, you wanna try one?
是的。我下周会试试新的。
Yeah. I'll try the new one next week.
好吧。这会给你活力。
All right. That gives you zing.
把裤子穿上,伯特。我帮你修好了。
Put your pants on, Burt. I repaired 'em for you.
你还好吗?
Are you all right?
因为我在战争中受伤,我的背部有一个我讨厌的支架。
Because of my war injuries, I had a back brace I hated.
如果他们不把这地方关了他们就会把你关起来。
They're gonna put you away if they don't close this place down.
那没用,雪莉。
That's not helpful, Shirley.
实验医学。
Experimental medicine.
你看起来不错。
You look good.
-感染怎麽样了?-好吧。
- How's the infection? - All right.
好,好,好,好,好。
Good, good, good, good, good.
我明白了。
And I got the message.
还不需要付钱。
No need to pay yet.
伯特,你有留言。
Burt, you got messages.
你父母打电♥话♥来了。他们不能去度假了。
Your parents called. They can't make the holiday.
赫伯·盖兹打电♥话♥来问滴耳液的事。
Herb Getz called about the ear drops.
哈罗德·伍德曼打来电♥话♥。在这个地址和他见面。
And Harold Woodman called. Meet him at this address.
直接走进去。紧迫。
Walk right in. Urgent.
我和一个律师一起工作,他是我战时最好的朋友,哈罗德·伍德曼。
I worked with an attorney, my best friend from the war, Harold Woodman.
嘿,伯特。
Hey, Burt.
这是怎麽回事?这是什麽地方?
What is going on? What is this place?
-这桉子很重要。——是吗?
- It's a very important case. - Yeah?
-报酬非常丰厚。——好。
- Pays very handsomely. - Nice.
我们有很多未付的账单。
We have a lot of back bills.
人们依赖我们,依赖我们的生意。
People depend on us, our business.
最重要的是,它对你我都很有意义。
Most importantly, it's very meaningful to both you and I.
有意义如何?
Meaningful how?
你关心的是年度晚会,不是吗?-是的。
Well, you care about the annual gala, - don't you? - Yeah.
你总说我们退伍军人聚会很重要,被人记住。-是的。
And you always say it's important for us vets to have reunions, - to be remembered. - It is.
你说我们聚在一起唱歌♥是一剂良药。你不这麽说吗?
And you say it's great medicine for us to get together and sing. Don't you say that?
这是怎麽回事?
Where's this going?
这是一个特定的程序,我知道你喜欢某些程序。
It's going to a particular procedure, and I know how you prefer some procedures over others.
告诉我是什麽。
Just tell me what it is.
什麽……什麽样的程序?
What... What kind of procedure?
你拿这些花干什麽?
What are you doing with these flowers?
和碧翠丝的晚餐约会。
Dinner date with Beatrice.
-和碧翠丝的晚餐约会?——是的。
- Dinner date with Beatrice? - Yes.
-太令人失望了。-她是我妻子。
- So disappointing. - She's my wife.
他能做这个手术吗?
Is he all right to perform the procedure?
是的。他……他是。没关係。
Yes. He... He is. It's okay.
-他不会这麽做的-他会这麽做的
- He's not gonna do it. - He's gonna do it.
-冷静点。-你是谁?
- Calm down. - Who is this?
这是莉兹·米金斯,伯特。
This is Liz Meekins, Burt.
Meekins吗?例如,关于……他是我的父亲。我知道你很崇拜他。
Meekins? As in, relation to... He's my father. I know you admire him very much.
-我的天啊。是的。-我们都是。做的。
- Oh, my God. Yes. - We both did. Do.
真的。
I really do.
这就是为什麽他要在我们今年的同学会上讲话。
That's why he's gonna speak at our reunion this year.
很高兴见到你。
Very nice to meet you.
我们要在这裡见你父亲吗?
Are we meeting your father here?
让她说完,伯特。
Let her finish, Burt.
我父亲昨天坐船回来的。
My father came back yesterday on a boat.
好的。他去欧洲出差了,对吧?
Okay. He goes to Europe on business, right?
他是被虫子咬了还是怎麽了?
Did he catch a bug or something?
我来看看他。他在哪裡?
I'll look at him. Where is he?
你应该看看他。
You should see him.
是的。来吧。我们走吧。
Yeah. Come on. Let's go.
这地方真漂亮。看看它。
This place is gorgeous. Look at it.
所以,……那个"安静不动"的比尔将军呢?
So, where... where is, uh, the good General "Quiet and Still" Bill?
原谅我。
Excuse me.
我今天过敏得厉害。
My allergies are terrible today.
我一觉醒来,鼻窦裡都是,一整天都是。
I wake up, it's in my sinus, and it's the whole day.
我不知道你在干什麽,我也不想知道你在干什麽。
I don't know what you're doing, and I don't wanna know what you're doing.
两小时后,防腐师就会来了。
You have two hours until the embalmer comes.
发生了什麽事?他本来要在晚会上讲话的。
What happened? He was gonna speak at the gala.
你会帮我的,是吗?
You will help me, won't you?
我不相信他是自然死亡。
I'm not buying that he died of natural causes.
他是个非常健康的人。
He was a very healthy man.
我家裡没人同意我的看法。
No one in my family agrees with me.
他们都错了。他们都是骗子。
They're all wrong. They're all liars.
我要尸检。
I want an autopsy.
这是正确的。这是你的权利。
That's correct. It is your right.
你父亲没有留下遗嘱就去世了。
Your father died intestate.
你是他的近亲。我看了报纸。
You're the next of kin. I read the papers.
我讨厌验尸,哈罗德。你知道的。
I hate autopsies, Harold. You know that.
我们必须这麽做,伯特。
We have to do it, Burt.
比尔·"安静与宁静"·米金斯是我们相遇的原因。
Bill "Quiet and Still" Meekins is the reason we met.
他组建了我们的团。
He formed our regiment.
这样的人怎麽会死了?
How did a man like this end up dead?
你是说这很可疑?
You're telling me it's suspicious?
是的,我告诉你这很可疑。
Yes, I'm telling you it's suspicious.
你愿意和我一起唱吗?
Will you please sing with me?
他说你打仗的时候经常和他一起唱歌♥。
He said that you used to sing with him when you were at war.
他非常喜欢。
He enjoyed it so much.
珍贵的回忆看不见的天使从某处送到我的灵魂快点。
- Precious memories - HAROLD: Memories Unseen angels Sent from somewhere to my soul Hurry up.
你只有两个小时去做你想做的事。
You only have two hours to do whatever it is you're gonna do.
好吧。你得去做尸检,然后马上到明特斯餐厅找我。
All right. You have to do the autopsy, and immediately after, meet me at Minters Restaurant.
我要知道你找到了什麽。
I need to know what you find.
她为什麽说两个小时?
Why did she say two hours?
因为我们在殡仪馆。
Because we're in the mortician.
他们会让他下葬的。
They're gonna put him in the ground.
明特餐厅,5点后。
Minters Restaurant, after 5:00.
你得把他弄出去。
You've gotta get him out of here.
我们该走了,伯特。
Yeah, we should get going, Burt.
哈罗德?我不知道你在做什麽。
Harold? I don't know what you think you're doin'.
莉兹,失陪一下。你好。
Liz, excuse me. Hello.
你的箱子裡有个白人尸体。
You got a dead white man in a box.
连棺材都没有。
Not even a casket.
重要人物,躺在老木头做的松盒子裡。
Important man, in a pine box of old wood.
甚至连车顶都没有。
Doesn't even have a top on it.
他的女儿在哭。
His daughter's cryin'.
你觉得谁会惹上麻烦?
Who do you think is gonna get in trouble here?
-那个黑人,就是他。——弥尔顿。
- The Black man, that's who. - Milton.
现在我们得把他,我们的领袖,我们团的创始人,送进卡车。
Right now we need to get him, our leader, who founded our regiment, into the truck.
做尸检。
Do the autopsy.
之后马上到敏特餐厅见我。
Meet me at Minters Restaurant immediately after.
-知道了。-我需要知道。
- Got it. - I need to know.
我要知道你找到了什麽。
I need to know what you found.
好的。
Okay.
- Minters餐厅5点见——弥尔顿。弥尔顿。
- Minters Restaurant at 5:00. - Milton. Milton.
请小心。
Please be careful.
它的轮子坏了。
It's got a bum wheel.
-那可不小心。——弥尔顿。
- That's not careful. - Milton.
所以你永远别想开我的车。
This is why you'll never drive my car.
防腐师会来取这个。
The embalmer is coming for this.
你最好在这裡。两个小时。
You better be here. Two hours.
你还记得伯特吧?
You remember Burt, don't you?
电影精选列表