和她过去的一切
and where she was and when and where she's going.
夏娃
Eve.
你们全都对夏娃了若指掌
You all know all about Eve.
还有什么你们不知道的吗
What can there be to know that you don't know?
那是多久以前的事了
When was it? How long?
感觉就像是上辈子的事
It seems a lifetime ago.
洛依总是说在戏剧界中
Lloyd always said that
一季就是一生
in the theatre a lifetime was a season
一生就是一季
and a season a lifetime.
现在是六月 当时是十月初
It's June now. That was early October.
去年的十月初
Only last October.
一个细雨绵绵的夜晚
It was a drizzly night.
我记得我叫计程车司机等我
I remember I asked the taxi to wait.
她在哪儿
Where was she?
真奇怪
Strange.
我已习惯每晚在这里见到她
I'd become so accustomed to seeing her there night after night,
我发现自己正在寻找一位
I found myself looking for
我从未和她交谈过的女孩
a girl I'd never spoken to.
心想她到底在哪儿
Wondering where she was.
理查德太太
Mrs. Richards?
你终于出现了
There you are.
你突然没出现 感觉很奇怪
It seemed odd, suddenly, your not being here.
你怎么会认为我不会出现
Why should you think I wouldn't be?
你为何还会出现
Why should you be?
一周六晚 连续数周
Six nights a week for weeks
看着玛格·钱宁
of watching even Margo Channing
走进戏院然后离开
enter and leave a theatre.
希望你不会介意我和你谈
You don't mind my speaking to you?
不会的
Not at all.
我常看见你
I've seen you so often.
我可是鼓足了勇气
It took every bit of courage I could raise.
只为了和剧作家的太太说话
To speak to just a playwright's wife?
我位在上流社会的最底层
I'm the lowest form of celebrity.
你是玛格·钱宁最好的朋友
You're Margo Channing's best friend.
你们夫妇总是
You and your husband are always with her.
和她与山普森先生在一起
And Mr. Sampson.
他是怎么样的人
What's he like?
比尔·山普森 他是个导演
Bill Sampson? He's a director.
最好的导演
He's the best.
他会同意你的说法的
He'll agree with you.
告诉我玛格进入戏院后
Tell me. What do you do in
你都在做什么
between the time Margo goes in and comes out?
只是躲在门口等
Just huddle in that doorway and wait?
不是 我都会进去看戏
Oh, no. I see the play.
看戏 每一场都看
You see the play? You've seen every performance of this play?
对
Yes.
不过尽管戏好看
But don't you find it...
难道你没这样挺花钱的
Apart from everything else, don't you find it expensive?
站票并不太贵 我还凑得出来
Standing room doesn't cost much. I manage.
-我带你去见玛格 -不要
-I'm gonna take you to Margo. -Oh, no!
走吧 你一定得见见她
Oh, yes. She's got to meet you.
算了吧 我会打扰到她的
No, I'd be imposing on her.
我不过是个
I'd be just another
会激动得目瞪口呆的戏迷
tongue-tied fan.
这世上不会再有
There isn't another like you.
像你这样的戏迷了
There couldn't be.
下次吧 瞧我这副德性
If I'd known... Some other time. Looking like this.
你这样不错啊
You look just fine.
对了 你叫什么名字
By the way, what's your name?
夏娃 夏娃·赫灵顿
Eve. Eve Harrington.
晚安 葛斯
Good evening, Gus.
晚安 理查德太太
-Good evening, Mrs. Richards.
-晚安 -葛斯 晚安
-Good night. -Good night, Gus.
还能呼吸吧
You can breathe it, can't you?
这里仿佛充满神奇的香水
Like some magic perfume.
在这儿等 别走开
Wait right here. Don't run away.
如果南方赢得战争
"If the South had won,
你可以为此方写同样的故事
you could write plays about the North."
-嗨 -好
-Hi. -Hello!
音乐会如何 很大声
-How's concert -Loud
你可能会说我们不仅是饥渴
"We was more starved out, you might say.
我就不懂这些有关
"I don't understand all these plays
求爱若渴的南方女性的戏剧
about
的原因
love-starved Southern women."
我们南方人从不缺乏爱
"Love is one thing we were never starved for in the South."
玛格接受了
Margo's interview
来自南方的女记者访问
with a reporter from the South.
访问登出后
When it gets printed,
势必会再度点燃南北战争
they're gonna fire on Gettysburg again.
佛特桑特才是他们攻击的目标
It was Fort Sumter they fired on.
我没扮演过佛特桑特
I never played Fort Sumter.
他说的对 洛伊
Honeychild had a point. Lloyd, honey,
当个勇敢的剧作家吧
be a playwright with guts.
为我写一出有个一个良家妇女
Write me one about a nice, normal woman
射杀丈夫的戏剧吧
who just shoots her husband.
你需要新的束腰
You need new girdles.
去买♥♥一些吧
Buy some.
-相同的尺寸 -当然
-Same size? -Of course.
我发现这些哗众取宠的评论
I find these wisecracks
愈来愈乏味了
increasingly less funny.
林中岁月是一部杰出的作品
Aged in Wood happens to be a fine play.
真是我忠贞不二的老婆
That's my loyal little woman.
如果剧评家这么认为
The critics thought so.
观众当然也这么认为
The audiences think so.
万人空巷
Packed houses,
票在数月前就被抢♥购♥一空
tickets four months in advance.
洛依的戏从未让你受到伤害
I can't see that Lloyd's plays have hurt you any.
亲爱的 别激动
Easy now.
放轻松 我这张嘴就是贱
Relax, kid, it's just me and my big mouth.
有时你真的会把我逼疯
You get me so mad sometimes.
你是全天下最幸福的女人
Of all the women with nothing to complain about...
-是吗 -没错
-Ain't it the truth? -Yes, it is.
你才华洋溢 名利双收
You're talented, famous, wealthy.
总有人夜复一夜在外等侯
People waiting around night after night just to see you.
风雨无阻
Even in the rain.
全是要签名的戏迷
Autograph fiends. They're not people.
他们不配当人
Little beasts that run around
根本就是成群的郊狼
in packs like coyotes.
他们是你的戏迷 你的观众
They're your fans.
他们根本不是戏迷
They're nobody's fans.
他们是不良少年 神经病
They're juvenile delinquents.
他们根本不是戏迷
They're nobody's audience.
他们根本没看过戏剧或是电影
They never see a play or a movie.
他们在室内是坐不久的
They're never indoors long enough.
现在门外就有一个
Well, there's one indoors right now.
-我已带她来见你 -什么
-I've brought her back to see you. -You've what?
她正在门外
She's just outside the door.
撵她走
The heave-ho.
你不可以撵她走
But you can't put her out.
我已答应过她
I promised.
玛格 你非见不可
Margo, you've got to see her.
她对你崇拜不已
She worships you.
你就像是魔法书一般
It's like something
使她着迷不已
out of a book.
那种书早已绝版 凯伦
That book is out of print.
那种日子早就过去了
Those days are gone.
但只要你见她一面
But if you'd only see her.
你就是她生命的全部
You're her whole life.
你一定看过她
You must have spotted her by now.
她总是在外面徘徊
She's always there.
电影精选列表