那颗忐忑不安的心在想什么
what's going on in that feverish little brain waiting in there.
好吧
Well... All right.
凯伦
Karen!
真有礼貌
How nice.
帅呆了 但为何拿我出气
Very effective, but why take it out on me?
我好担心你不来
I was wondering whether you'd come at all.
别起来
Don't get up.
也别摆出一副太后的架式
And don't act as if I were the Queen Mother.
我知道你不会对我和言悦色的
I don't expect you to be pleasant.
我也没这个打算
I don't intend to be.
能坐下来吗
Can't we sit down just for a minute?
我有许多话对你说
I've got a lot to say
但我却难以启齿
and none of its easy.
-不可能 -但事实却是如此
-There can't be very much. -But there is.
不论是否难以启齿
Easy or not,
总之我是不会相信的
I won't believe a word of it.
你应该吗
Why should you?
请坐
Please sit down.
我一直认为
You know,
自己是个聪明的女孩
I've always considered myself a very clever girl.
自己有个聪明的脑袋
Smart, good head on my shoulders, that sort of thing.
从未失言
Never the wrong word at the wrong time.
直到遇上艾迪森为止
But then I'd never met Addison DeWitt.
我记得一次拔牙的经验
I remember I had a tooth pulled once.
他们为我注射了麻♥醉♥药♥
They gave me some anaesthetic.
我忘了药名
I don't remember the name.
药效非常奇怪
It affected me strangely.
我说了一些
I found myself saying things
未经大脑思考过的话
I wasn't even thinking.
仿佛我的灵魂已经出了窍
As if my mind was outside of my body
无法控制我言行
and couldn't control what I did or said.
你和艾迪森谈话时也有这种感觉
And you felt like that talking to Addison?
可以这么说
In a way.
我试着想照着自己的意义说
You find yourself trying to say what you mean,
但说出的话却改变了
but somehow the words change.
变成了他的话
They become his words.
我突然无法说出自己的话
And suddenly you're not saying what you mean,
而说着他的话
but what he means.
你期望我会相信那些话
Do you expect me to believe that you didn't say any of that?
是他说的而不是你说的吗
That they were all Addison?
我并不期望你会相信
I don't expect you to believe anything,
我承认错误 我自取其辱
except that the responsibility is mine, and the disgrace.
别再假惺惺了
Let's not get overdramatic.
你对我的评价很低吧
You really have a low opinion of me, haven't you?
告诉你一个好消息
I'll give you some pleasant news.
我已成为众矢之的
I've been told off in no uncertain terms, all over town.
钱宁小姐知道后
Miss Channing should be
一定会很开心的
happy to hear that.
知道她的朋友是何等的忠心
To know how loyal her friends are,
知道我对她
how much more loyal than
比她心中所想的还要忠心
she had a right to expect me to be.
-夏娃 别哭 -我没哭
-Eve, don't cry. -I'm not crying.
告诉我为何你为何
Tell me, how did your luncheon turn out
和来自好莱坞的人共进午餐
with the man from Hollywood?
只为了一个试镜机会
Some vague promises of a test.
争取一个演出的机会
If a particular part should come along, one of those things.
但你的演出已获得媒体的赞赏
But the raves about your performance...
一个替身的演出
An understudy's performance.
你太悲观了
Well, I think you're painting the picture
如果没别的事
a little blacker than it is, really.
别低估艾迪森
Don't underestimate him.
你的这个朋友是个有力人士
You have a powerful friend in Addison.
他不是我的朋友
He's not my friend.
你们曾是我的朋友
You were my friends.
他可以帮你
He can help you.
我真后悔认识他
I wish I'd never met him.
我希望他下地狱
I'd like him to be dead.
我要我的朋友回来
I want my friends back.
夏娃
Eve.
我认为你并非想造成不愉快
I don't think you meant to cause unhappiness.
但结果却是如此
But you did.
而且使自己比任何人都不快乐
More to yourself perhaps, as it turned out, than to anyone else.
我永远都无法走出这个阴影
I'll never get over it.
你会的
Oh, yes, you will.
你们这些戏剧人一向如此
You theatre people always do.
戏剧界中没有所谓的永远
Nothing is forever in the theatre.
不论它是什么 它就在这儿
Whatever it is, it's here,
它会引燃 燃烧
it flares up, burns hot,
随后消失
and it's gone.
但愿我能相信
I wish I could believe that.
给自己一点时间
Give yourself time.
别太在乎别人怎么想
Don't worry too much about what people think.
你既年轻又才华洋溢
You're very young and very talented.
信不信由你
And, believe it or not,
如果有任何需要我
if there's anything I can do...
的确有
There is something.
我知道
I think I know.
你能做一件最重要的事
Something most important you can do.
你想演可拉这个角色
You wanna play Cora.
你要我告诉洛伊
You want me to tell Lloyd
我认为应该由你来演
I think you should play it.
如果你告诉他 他会让我演的
If you told him so, he'd give me the part.
他答应过我
He said he would.
你竟会这样的说
After all you've said.
难道你不知道这角色是
Don't you know that part
为玛格所写的吗
was written for Margo?
那是15年前的事了
It might've been 15 years ago.
现在 这个角色应该由我来演
It's my part now.
你的口气就像
You talk
艾迪森所写的你
just
一样狂妄
as Addison said you did.
可拉是我的角色
Cora is my part.
你回去告诉洛依它是我的
You've got to tell Lloyd.
办不到
Nothing in the world will make me say that.
艾迪森要我扮演这个角色
Addison wants me to play it.
-除非我死 -未必
-Over my dead body. -That won't be necessary.
艾迪森知道玛格
Addison knows how Margo happened
为何没赶上那场演出
to miss that performance,
我知道她无法演出时
how I happened to know she'd miss it in time
及时打电♥话♥通知所有的报社
to notify every paper in town.
这个故事非常精彩
It's quite a story. Addison could make quite a thing of it.
试想他会用多么严厉的口气
Imagine how snide and vicious he could get,
说出真♥相♥
and still tell nothing but the truth.
我劝了他很久
I had a time persuading him.
你最好坐下 你有点站不稳
You better sit down. You look a bit wobbly.
如果我演出可拉
If I play Cora, Addison will never tell what happened,
他就不会将真♥相♥公诸于世
in or out of print.
互相帮忙
A simple exchange of favors.
真高兴我终于能为你做点事了
I'm so happy I can do something for you at long last.
你和玛格之间的友谊
Your friendship with Margo,
你们之间深厚的友谊
your deep, close friendship.
将会产生什么样的变化
What would happen to it
如果她知道你为了我而陷害她
if she knew the cheap trick you played on her for my benefit?
你和洛伊 戏剧界的人要多久
You and Lloyd, how long, even in the theatre,
才会忘记这件事
before people forgot what happened and trusted you again?
忘不了的
No.
如果由我来扮演可拉
It would be so much easier for everyone concerned
大家就能相安无事
if I were to play Cora.
对整个戏剧界也有利
So much better theatre, too.
一出戏中的一个角色
A part in a play.
电影精选列表