for the American League pennant
在美国联邦冠军赛中夺冠
baseball no longer provided a viable diversion.
棒球不再成为一个可以让他 转移视线的理由
Shaw was not to be underestimated.
萧不可小觑
Despite the insubstantial mustache
尽管长着一撮稀疏的小胡子
he'd proven himself to be a formidable foe.
他已证明他是个非常强劲的对手
Adam knew that all too well.
亚当心里清楚的很
He had to make his move. But when?
他必须采取行动,但什么时候呢?
Can l? -Sure. Go ahead.
可以吗? 当然,吃吧
I'm formulating.
我在构思
I don't like tomato skins.
我不喜欢吃蕃茄的皮
Who are you?
你是谁?
What?
什么?
We've been in this room for over three weeks.
我们共处一室超过三周
Besides the fact that you have an opinion for everything I do
撇开你对我描述的内容通通有意见
and an odd way of eating pizza, I don't know anything about you.
还有你吃披萨的怪异方式不谈 我对你一无所知
Where are you from? What have you been doing with your life?
你从哪里来? 之前都做些什么?
Do you have friends? A boyfriend? Parents?
你有朋友吗? 男朋友呢? 父母亲呢?
It's my personal life, Alex. -I know.
那是我的隐私,艾历克斯 我知道
And if you don't feel like sharing, I completely understand.
如果你不愿分享,我完全能理解
I live in Jamaica Plain. Both my parents are dead.
我住在牙买♥♥加公♥寓♥,双亲皆已过世
My mother died six years ago. My father left when we were very young.
母亲于六年前去逝 父亲在我很小的时候就离开了
I heard he drank himself to death.
听说他酗酒致死
Like I said, if you don't feel like sharing .
如我所言,若是你不愿分享
Did you mention whether or not you have a boyfriend?
你有提过你有没有男友呢?
I didn't.
没提过
Do you think you will mention it? -Maybe.
你认为你会提吗? 也许
Do you think you'll mention it now?
你想现在就提吗?
I do have a boyfriend.
我有男友了
And I met him last year
去年遇见的
at a hockey game.
在曲棍球赛中遇见的
Is it serious or is it just one of those hockey romances?
是认真的或者只是逢场作戏?
We're planning on getting married next June.
我们打算明年六月结婚
I think I'm about done formulating.
我想我差不多构思好了
Where was l?
我说到哪了?
Adam was deciding when to make his move.
亚当正在决定何时采取行动
Adam could wait no longer.
亚当无法再等下去了
He felt like a kid who had finished counting in hide-and-go-seek.
他觉得自己像个玩捉迷藏扮鬼的孩子
It was now, "Ready or not, here I come. "
数完该说,"准备好没? 我要来抓了"
Yet still, his overture must not appear insensitive or indelicate.
还有,前奏不可显得不够温柔或者粗鄙
Wait a minute. What are they doing? -What does it look like they're doing?
等一下,他们在做什么? 他们看起来像在做什么?
Just like that? -Why not?
就像那样? 有何不可呢?
Her grandmother just died. -Exactly.
她奶奶刚死呢 没错
She's looking for comfort.
她正寻求慰藉
I thought you said Adam was going to be sensitive to her.
我以为你说过亚当要对她温柔?
You're right. I did.
你说的对,我是说过
I am so sorry that your grandmother died.
你祖母过世一事我很遗憾
It just isn't right like this.
艾历克斯,这样子是不对的
Are you nuts? It's fabulous like this. -No, it's not.
别傻了,这样子棒极了 不,不是
Yes, it is. -No, it's not.
是,它是 不,不是
Look, I'm the writer, okay? And I'm saying it is.
听着,我才是作者,好吗? 我说是就是
And I'm the reader, okay? And I'm saying this is really bothering me.
而我是读者,好吗? 我说这真的是令我感到困扰
I'm trying very hard to like Adam, and you're making it extremely difficult.
我非常努力想去喜欢亚当 而你却教它变得困难重重
You know what?
你知道吗?
This isn't about Adam.
这与亚当无关
You've had it in for Polina since the beginning.
从一开始你就对宝琳娜有成见
Please! -You have.
拜?! 你有
I do not have it in for a fictional character.
我对虚构人物没有成见
She's flighty. She's flirty. She's a flawed character.
她轻浮、放荡、是个有缺陷的人物
Of course! The three fluhs: flighty, flirty and flawed.
当然! 轻浮、放荡、有缺陷
Yes. And clearly, if he's chasing after someone like her
没错,很显然地 如果他想追求像她那样的人
he's sitting on some pretty major issues. -Really?
比登天还难 真的?
She's the hottest girl on the island by a factor of 10!
她是岛上最性感的女孩 风评最高的!
So maybe he's not the one with the issues.
也许问题不在他身上
What is that supposed to mean?
那应该是什么意思?
He's not the one who values propriety over passion.
他不是那种举止礼仪凌驾激♥情♥之上的人
Are you saying I don't believe in passion? -No.
你是在说我不相信激♥情♥吗? 不是
I'm sure you do, just so long as the laundry is done first.
我相信你会的,只要能先洗好衣服
Adam and Polina tumbled passionately into bed.
亚当和宝琳娜在床上翻云覆雨
亚当和宝琳娜在床上翻云覆雨
Boy! Now you're talking!
好啊! 可终于开口了!
This is a great island!
这个岛真是棒极了!
What?
什么?
I'm exhausted.
我精疲力尽了
I bet you are.
肯定是的
Okay, so now what?
好,那现在怎么办?
What do you mean?
什么意思?
Grandmother is dead. Everything's worked out for our lovebirds.
祖母死了,我们的爱情鸟 的所有问题都迎刃而解了
Polina has her money. Adam has Polina. Shaw goes away.
宝琳娜有了钱,亚当有宝琳娜 而萧离开了
Now what happens?
接下来怎么样?
I have to vomit.
我必须去吐一下
You have no place to go from here, do you?
写到这里你接不下去了,是吧?
You've written yourself into a corner.
你把自己逼进死角
You're supposed to put your head over the toilet.
你应该对着马桶才对
I've been vomiting since I was six. I believe I can handle it.
自我六岁起就一直吐个不停 我相信我能处理的了
I think I'm dying. -You're not dying.
我觉得自己快死了 你死不了的
No, really. I'm burning up. I feel real bad.
不,真的,我浑身发烫,真的很难过
You're not that warm.
你没那么烫啦
Why does everyone just tacitly accept the-hand-to-the-forehead test
为何每个人都默认用手摸摸额头
as being medically reliable?
在医学上是靠得住的呢?
You're fine.
你没事
I've got a pain in my chest. This could be serious.
我胸口疼痛,可能很严重
If these symptoms persist
如果这些症状持续下去
and you think you're having a heart attack
你觉得自己心脏病发作了
now this is important
现在这点很重要
I want you to call me immediately.
我要你立即通知我
There's no point in my wasting bus fare if you're just going to be dead.
若你就快死了,我就没必要浪费车钱了
Have a nice evening.
祝你晚上过得愉快
What are you saying? You're still blocked?
你在说什么? 你还是毫无思绪?
Totally.
完全没错
Who said it better than you?
有谁说得过你?!
Grandmother's dead. Polina's got the money.
祖母死了,宝琳娜获得了遗产
Adam's got Polina, and I've got nowhere to go.
亚当拥有宝琳娜,那就没戏唱了
You're not going to vomit again, are you?
你不会又想要吐了吧?
I've got to get out of here. -Where are you going?
我得出去透透气 你去哪里?
We don't have much time left. Shouldn't we keep working?
我们所剩时间不多,不是该继续工作吗?
This is working. -lt is?
是在工作啊 是吗?
When I get stuck, I need to get my mind off things for a while.
当我肠枯思竭时 我需要暂时抛开一下头脑中的事
I need to look at birds, trees, people doing things
我需要欣赏些鸟儿、树木 看人们做事
Iike throwing Frisbees, rollerblading, that kind of thing.
像是掷飞盘、溜旱冰之类
Good. Once you clear your mind, you'll realize
很好,一旦你头脑清楚便会明白
he shouldn't have jumped into bed with her like that.
他不该那样子和她上♥床♥
I wanted to be a writer for as long as I can remember.
从我懂事以来,就一直想成为个作家
My parents got divorced when I was eight.
我八岁时父母亲离了婚
I started writing stories as a place to put my feelings.
我开始写作,让情感有地方发泄
I found it was easier to have characters say things
我发觉让笔下人物去述说事情
than to say them myself.
远比我自己来说要容易的多
That's the beauty of writing. You can have things work out
那便是写作之美,可以实现
the way they never seem to in real life.
真实生活中所无法呈现的风貌
Sometimes things work out in life. -I'm all for it.
偶尔有些事情在生活中会实现的 我完全同意
Have you ever been married? -ln real life? No.
你结过婚吗? 真实生活中吗? 没有
Let me guess.
让我猜猜
You just haven't met the right woman. -Exactly.
你只是还没遇上合适的女人 没错
I know what you're going to say:
我知道你要说:
You have to be the right man in order to meet the right woman.
你必先当个好男人才能遇上好女人
But I know in my heart that I am the right man
但我心里明白我是个好男人
and that the perfect woman is out there.
那个完美的女人就在附近
Someone who's smart, funny, and beautiful.
聪明、风趣而又美丽
And here's the tricky part: interested in me.
难就难在: 对我感兴趣
I know she's out there. I just can't seem to .
我知道她就在外面,似乎就是无法
I feel like one of those greyhounds at the dog track.
我仿佛赛狗跑道上的一只猎犬
You know, chasing the mechanical rabbit? I get so close
电影精选列表