All right.
好啊
Madame Delacroix seemed very charming in her correspondence.
德拉克娃夫人在她的来信中 显得非常有魅力
She is. And quite the little trooper, too
她确实是的,而且也很不简单
putting on such a brave face under the circumstances.
在这样的环境下外表还是那么勇敢
The circumstances?
这样的环境下?
The family is in desperate financial straits.
他们一家的经济状况 正处于山穷水尽的境地
If it weren't for a wealthy grandmother in Paris
要不是他们在巴黎那富有的祖母
who's dying, they'd have no hope at all.
即将去世,他们就完全没有希望了
Are you certain? Because from their correspondence they seemed like--
你肯定吗? 因为从他们的来信看 他们似乎
It's a facade. It's all a facade.
那是表面现象,全都是表面现象
But don't worry, she has enough to pay you.
不过别担心,她有足够的钱来付给你
How can you be so sure?
你怎么能这么肯定?
Because I am returning just now with a bank draft from my personal account
因为我此刻身上就带了一张 我个人帐号♥的银行汇票
which will provide her with enough to cover her expenses through the summer.
可以足够让她应付她整个夏天的开支
She asked you for a loan?
她问你借钱?
We're calling it a loan, but it really doesn't matter.
我们称之为借,不过其实没什么关系
I intend to ask her to marry me by summer's end.
夏天结束的时候我打算向她求婚
Why did you do that?
你为什么这么做?
What? Why did I do what? -Don't you think it's kind of coincidental
什么? 我为什么怎么做? 你不觉得有点太巧合了吗
that Adam just happens to plop down next to his employer's fiance?
亚当刚好坐在了他的雇主的 未婚夫的旁边?
If it makes you feel any better
如果这可以让你好受些的话
I didn't know Shaw was the fiance when Adam plopped.
亚当坐下的时候 我并不知道萧是那个未婚夫
What do you mean you didn't know? How could you not know?
什么叫你不知道? 你怎么可能不知道?
I wanted Adam to learn from Shaw
我想让亚当从萧那里得知
that the Delacroix family was almost broke
德拉克娃一家几乎要破产
and desperately waiting for the grandmother to die.
正绝望地等待着祖母的去世
Then I realized, as soon as Adam heard this
然后我意识到,一旦亚当听到这个
he'd be worried about his wages.
他会为他的薪水担心
This was a problem I hadn't anticipated till I got there.
这是我一开始没有预料到的问题
Then I had the idea.
然后我有了个主意
What if Shaw agreed to loan Polina the money to cover her expenses?
要是萧同意借钱给宝琳娜 来应付她的开支怎么样?
But why would he do that? Perhaps he's in love with her.
但是他为什么要这么做呢? 也许他爱上了她
Shall we continue?
我们可以继续了吗?
You started having absolutely no idea what was going to happen
你开头时完全不知道会发生什么
and then, by pure luck, it just worked out?
然后,纯粹靠碰运气 希望这样能行得通吗?
I like to think it's more than luck
我愿意说这不只是运气
but every writer does depend on the muses smiling down on him occasionally.
但是每个作家偶尔都需要指望 灵感女神对他微笑
And if the muses don't smile?
灵感女神要是没有微笑呢?
My head starts ringing and my eyes fog over.
我的头就会开始嗡嗡作响 我的眼睛就会模糊
Is there smiling now or are we heading back into the fog with the ringing sounds?
现在她是微笑了,还是我们又掉进 嗡嗡作响的迷雾里了
There's smiling. -Good.
她在微笑 很好
What happens next? -Adam falls in love.
接下来发生了什么? 亚当坠入了爱河
With whom?
和谁?
There's no accounting for love or why one look, one casual touch
爱是无法计算的 为什么一个眼神,一次不经意的接触
one breath ofperfumed air
在充满香水味道的空气中的一次呼吸
can ignite feelings so strong it's almost painful.
就能点燃如此强烈的感情 让人几乎为之痛苦
He seems awfully shallow.
他看起来非常的浅薄
What are you talking about? -He just looks at her and he's in love?
你在说什么? 他只看她一眼就爱上了?
You've never heard of love at first sight?
你从没听说过一见钟情?
Right. That must be it.
对了,那一定就是了
Continuing on.
继续
Polina Delacroix. It's a great pleasure to meet you, Mr. Shipley.
宝琳娜德拉克娃 非常荣幸见到你,席普利先生
You, as well, Madame Delacroix. -Please, call me Polina.
我也是,德拉克娃夫人 请叫我宝琳娜
This is John Shaw. -We've met.
这是约翰萧 我们见过面了
This is Andre and Michele.
这是安卓和蜜雪儿
(法语)这位是你们的老师席普利先生
We are very pleased to be meeting you, Mr. Shipley.
我们非常高兴见到你,席普利先生
Very pleased to be meeting you, too.
我也非常高兴见到你们
Allow me to introduce the others. This is my father.
请允许我介绍其他几位 这是我父亲
And this is Madame Blanche, a close friend of my father's.
这是布兰琪夫人,我父亲的一位密友
(法语)很高兴见到你,先生
Let's be off.
我们走吧
Claude, could you please fetch Mr. Shipley's belongings?
克劳德,你能拿一下席普利先生的东西吗?
That's okay. I can fetch. I don't mind fetching. I love to fetch.
没关系,我自己可以拿 我不介意拿东西,我喜欢拿东西
Don't be silly, Mr. Shipley.
别傻了,席普利先生
I wouldn't want to be silly.
我可不想傻
I think it's going to be a very special summer.
我想这个夏天会很特别
You like that? -It's very funny.
你喜欢吗? 很好笑
Thank you.
谢谢
He's like a fool. -What? No.
他像个傻瓜 什么? 不
He's smitten. He's blinded by love.
他被迷住了,他被爱冲昏了头脑
Right.
对
Because I didn't see the attraction at first.
因为一开始我没有看到魅力所在
But when she said those intoxicating words:
但是当她说出那些醉人的话语:
"Claude, could you fetch his belongings," who could resist that?
"克劳德,你能帮他拿下东西吗" 谁能抵挡?
All right. Good.
好吧,很好
What do you say we call it a day? -Okay.
我们今天到此结束如何? 好的
Good, because I have to type all this stuff up tonight.
很好,因为今晚必须把所有这些都打出来
How many pages we got? -I'd say about eight.
我们有多少页了? 我看差不多8页
That's not bad.
不赖啊
Considering the somewhat awkward beginning.
要是和艰难的开头相比的话
I guess I'll see you tomorrow.
我想我们明天见吧
I'll be here around 9:00? -Great.
我大约9点左右到? 好极了
Thanks for a good first day. -You're welcome.
谢谢你这出色的第一天 不客气
Bye. -Bye.
再见 再见
Saint Charles seemed almost unreal
圣查尔斯看起来近乎虚幻
Iike a magical playground for the well-to-do.
像是有钱人的一个神奇的游乐场
There was, however, something besides the affluence and beauty of Saint Charles
但是除了圣查尔斯的美丽和富足 还有些东西
which filled Adam 's brain until he could barely breathe.
充斥着亚当的脑海,让他几乎无法呼吸
It was Polina 's perfume and the application thereof upon her ample bosom.
那就是宝琳娜的香水 和它们在她的丰胸上所散发出的味道
Oh, please! -What?
哦,拜?! 什么?
"Ample bosom "? -What's wrong with that? It's literary.
"丰胸"? 那有什么? 这是文学描写
ln that case, you forgot the heaving. -The what?
那样的话,你忘了写隆起 什么?
In every book I've read, whenever there's an ample bosom there's always heaving.
我看的每本书里,只要写到丰胸 总是有隆起
Do we have to talk about this right now? -You introduced the bosoms.
我们现在非要谈这个吗? 是你先说胸部的
I'm simply asking if you'd like them to heave.
我只是问你是否希望它们是隆起的
Fine, let them heave.
好吧,就让它们隆起
Though he had considered himself a member in good standing
虽然他自认为是穷困艺术家的 庞大队伍中
of that great army of destitute artists
不折不扣的一分子
upon arriving at the Delacroix estate
刚踏入德拉克娃的宅子
Adam began to consider that he may ha ve been a bit hasty
亚当就开始考虑 他对大笔钱财的获得进行口诛笔伐
in condemning the acquisition of large sums of money.
是否有些操之过急了
Mr. Shipley, Ylva will help you get settled in the guest cottage.
席普利先生,伊娃会帮你在客房♥安顿下来
Ylva? what kind ofname is Ylva? -It's Swedish.
伊娃? 伊娃是什么名字? 是瑞典名字
That's not a real name. Who made that one up? Jacques Cartier?
那不是真名 谁编出来的? 雅克卡地亚?
It's her name, okay?
这就是她的名字,好吗?
Okay, how do you spell it? -Just like it sounds.
好吧,怎么拼? 就和读音一样
l-L-V-A. -No, it's Y-L-V-A.
I-L-V-A 不,是Y-L-V-A
Y-L-V-A? That's not how it sounds. -That's how she spells it!
Y-L-V-A? 那不是和读音一样 她就是这么拼的!
Okay, you want Y-L-V-A, it's Y-L-V-A. -Good.
好吧,你要Y-L-V-A,那就Y-L-V-A 很好
Fine. Just so you know, it's not how it sounds.
好了,只是让你知道,这和读音不一样
Who is she, anyway? -She's this pain-in-the-ass au pair.
不管怎样,她是谁? 她就是这个让人烦的交换工
Well, here we are.
好了,我们到了
Thanks . -Ylva.
谢谢 . 伊娃
Ylva, now that's a beautiful name. How do you spell that?
伊娃,真是个美丽的名字 怎么拼
Y-L-V-A.
Y-L-V-A
Just like it sounds.
就和读音一样
Very funny. -What? I take from life.
很有趣 什么? 这来源于生活
I am to unpack for you.
我来替你打开行李
Madame told me to unpack for you. -All right.
夫人叫我替你打开行李 好的
She seems very nice, Madame.
她看上去是个很不错的夫人
Has she been keeping company with Mr. Shaw very long?
她和萧先生在一起很久了吗?
She does not love him.
她不爱他
Really? -But she will marry him.
真的? 但是她会嫁给他
Why?
为什么?
She is desperate for the money.
她急需钱
I thought she was supposed to receive a large inheritance from her grandmother.
她不是要从她祖母那里 继承一笔很大的遗产吗?
Yeah, but Grandmother, she takes a very long time to die.
是的,但是祖母,她要过很长时间才会死
So if Polina had money
所以如果宝琳娜有了钱
she wouldn't have to marry Shaw.
她就不必嫁给萧了
I see what you're doing. You've got the triangle.
我明白你在干什么了 你有了三角关系
电影精选列表