We already know Adam and Shaw both like Polina.
我们已经知道亚当和萧都喜欢宝琳娜
Now we find out they both have obstacles.
现在我们发现他们都有障碍
Yeah. It's called a plot.
是的,这就叫做情节
And the reason you're being sarcastic with me is?
你这么讽刺我的原因是 ?
Because if I don't finish this book in 28 days, two large Cuban gentlemen
因为如果我不在28天里完成这本书 两个高大的古巴人
are going to see to it that I'm not around to enjoy a 29th.
就会让我活不到第29天
Fine. Except for the typing, I'm not here.
好,除了在打字,就当没我这个人
Why do I think that will never be altogether true?
为什么我认为这完全不可能是真实的?
As Adam settled into his routine at the Delacroix estate
亚当在德拉克娃庄园中 开始习惯他日常的工作时
he knew he had a job to do.
他知道他有个工作要做
Teach those children English like they'd never been taught before.
教那些孩子学英语 仿佛他们以前从没被教过
Focus. He had to focus.
专心,他必须专心
Who was he kidding?
他能骗得了谁?
There'd be no focusing with Polina on the premises.
只要有宝琳娜在,他就不可能专心
On Tuesday, he caught a glimpse of her ankle
周二,他瞥到一眼她的脚踝
and was forced back to his room for prayer and reflection.
就不得不回到房♥间祈祷和反省
Adam wondered: was it possible?
亚当想: 这有可能吗?
Could a woman like Polina actually be interested
宝琳娜那样的女人真的可以会
in an ordinary man like himself?
对他这样的普通男人感兴趣吗?
Why not? This wasn 't lndia. There was no caste system here.
为什么不呢? 这里不是印度 这里没有等级制度
This was America, where everybody had a shot with everybody.
这是美国,每个人对每个人都有机会
There was no denying it.
不可否认
Her feelings for Adam were as real as the egg salad in his lap.
她对亚当的感觉 就像他膝盖上的鸡蛋色拉一样真实
It was another glorious day in Saint Charles
那天在圣查尔斯 又是一个风和日丽的日子
as Adam chased Andre and Michele
亚当正追逐着安卓和蜜雪儿
who giggled as they conjugated the verb "to run."
他们边笑边练习动词“跑”的变位
I run.
我跑
You run! He run!
你跑! 他跑!
No, "run." We run. You run.
不,"跑" 我们跑,你们跑
They run.
他们跑
No, you do not run. You go wash your hands.
不,你们别跑 你们去把手洗干净
(带德国口音)我已经做好了果馅卷
I have finished mit der strudel.
艾勒莎
Wait a minute. Who's she?
等等,她是谁?
Elsa, the au pair.
艾勒莎,交换工
I thought Ylva was the au pair.
交换工不是伊娃吗?
I didn't have a real fix on the character.
我还没有对这个人物真正固定下来
The Swedish wasn't working for me. She needs more edge.
我觉得瑞典人不太合适 她需要有更多的锋芒
Swedes have no edge?
瑞典人没有锋芒吗?
No. It's common knowledge. They got that light blue flag.
没有,大家都知道 他们的国旗是浅蓝色的
It's better if she's German.
如果她是德国人就会更好
Of course, because all Germans have edge.
当然,因为所有德国人都有锋芒
No, not all. But some, certainly.
不,不是所有! 不过有一些,是肯定有的
I mean, Hitler springs to mind.
我是说,我突然想起了希♥特♥勒♥
Fine, she's German.
很好,她是德国人
Thank you, Elsa.
谢谢你,艾勒莎
Would you be so kind as to take the children?
你可以带一下孩子们吗?
I must speak with Mr. Shipley. -Yes, of course.
我必须和席普利先生谈话 当然可以
Let's go! Wash hands. On to the house!
我们走! 快点,去洗手,进屋去!
Our family is in something of a crisis.
我们家正处于某种危机
Yes, I've heard.
我听说了
What a disaster it all is.
这一切是怎样的灾难啊
Hearing his name from her lips for the first time
第一次从她的唇间听到他的名字
was almost more than he could bear.
让他自己几乎无法承受
Children shouldn't have to deal with burdens like this.
孩子们不应该面对这样的负担
I'll do my best to see that they're protected.
我会尽全力让他们得到保护
I want to see them happy. -I'll make sure they're happy.
我想要看到他们快乐 我会保证让他们快乐
All I want is a simple life, and a man to share it with.
我所想要的只是简单的生活 和一个可以共享人生的男人
A man who will truly love me for me.
一个会真心爱我的男人
Is that too much to ask?
这要求过份吗?
I think that's very reasonable.
我觉得这是天经地义的
Would you kill for me?
你会为我杀人吗?
I beg your pardon? -Would you kill Shaw for me?
你说什么? 你会为我杀了萧吗?
You want me to
你想要我
kill Shaw?
杀了萧?
I owe him so much money.
我欠他这么多钱
And if he lives, I will have to marry him.
如果他活着,我将不得不嫁给他
I'd kill him in a second, you understand.
是的 你知道,我愿意立即杀了他
It's just that
只是
when you're a tutor, and people see the word "murderer" on your resume
作为一个家庭教师,如果人们在你的 简历上看到“杀人犯”这个词
sometimes they have a tough time getting past that.
有时候他们会很难接受这一点
I'm teasing, of course.
当然,我只是逗你玩的
It was then that Adam realized
此时亚当认识到
that all that stood between him and the perfection ofPolina 's arms
他想要抱得宝琳娜这个美人归 的所有障碍
was inexhaustible wealth.
就是无穷无尽的财富
What is it with guys like Adam? -What do you mean?
亚当这样的男人到底是怎么回事? 你什么意思?
Do they really like being driven crazy by women like Polina?
他们真的喜欢为宝琳娜这样的女人疯狂吗?
They're like lemmings running into the sea.
他们就像是飞蛾扑火
They can't wait to be drowning in their own misery.
他们迫不及待地投身苦海
If they're not in agony, then it can't be love!
如果他们没有苦恼,那就不是爱情了!
Why do men want women like that?
男人为什么想要那样的女人?
Maybe you're not picturing Polina the way I'm picturing her.
也许你心中的宝琳娜和我心中的她不同
What? Gorgeous, exciting, incredibly sexy?
什么样? 美丽,热情,非常性感?
Maybe you are.
也许你说对了
That's great for a weekend, but what will happen in the long run?
一起过个周末还不错 但是日子久了会发生什么?
What do you mean, like the next weekend?
你指什么,你是说第二个周末?
No. When it's time for the first laundry.
不,等到要洗衣服了
I know.
我知道
In great romantic novels, there's no laundry.
在伟大的爱情小说中,是不用洗衣服的
There's people like Ylva or Elsa to do it.
有伊娃或艾勒莎那样的人去做
Maybe that's why I like them.
也许那就是我喜欢她们的原因
They can wash their own clothes.
她们能够自己洗衣服
Okay, where were we?
好吧,我们到哪里了?
Adam needs a fortune so he can live happily ever after with his true love.
亚当需要发一大笔财,这样他就可以 从此和他的真爱过着幸福的生活
Who is it? -Elsa, it's me, Adam.
是谁? 艾勒莎,是我,亚当
Mr. Shipley, I'll be right there.
席普利先生,我马上来
I'm sorry. Am I inconveniencing you?
对不起,我打扰你了吗?
No, I was just washing mein hair.
没有,我只不过在洗头发
Come in.
进来吧
Won't you sit down? -I can't stay long.
你干嘛不坐下? 我不能呆太久
Sit down! -All right.
坐下! 好吧
I'll make you tea.
我给你泡茶
This is good. -What?
真好 什么?
You're creating another triangle: Polina, Adam, Elsa.
你在制♥造♥另一个三角关系: 宝琳娜,亚当,艾勒莎
No, she's just someone he can talk to. He feels comfortable with her.
不,她只是他可以交谈的人 他和她在一起感觉自在
You know, now that she's German.
你知道,因为她是德国人
I hear there's a casino on the island.
我听说岛上有个赌场
The General goes there often with Madame Blanche.
将军经常和布兰琪夫人去那里
Where is this casino?
这个赌场在哪里?
Right off the boardwalk, next to the Regency.
就在散步场旁边,凯悦饭店附近
But, Mr. Shipley, you're not thinking--
但是,席普利先生,你不会是想
Elsa, do you believe in destiny?
艾勒莎,你相信命运吗?
Destiny?
命运?
That a man and a woman are meant to be together?
一个男人和一个女人今生注定要在一起?
But only if they are both ready.
但是必须等双方都准备好才行
With love, one must be patient.
对爱必须有耐心
You must not eat the fruit until it is ripe.
果子成熟了才能吃
The baby must crawl before he can walk.
婴儿必须先会爬才能走
The farmer must sow before he can reap.
农民必须先播种才有收获
The butcher must kill before he can--
屠夫必须先
You struck oil. Stop drilling.
你已经找到油矿了,别再钻了
I'm talking about fate here.
我这里说的是命运
When feelings are so powerful, it's as if some force beyond your control
当感情变得如此强烈 仿佛冥冥之中有种力量
is guiding you to someone who can make you happy
把你带到那个能让你快乐的人身边
beyond your wildest dreams.
那是你做梦都不敢想的事
I never thought I could experience feelings such as these, until now.
我从没想到我也会经历这样的感情 直到现在我才相信
I thought they only existed in story books. But now I know it can be real.
我以为它们只存在于书本中 但是现在我知道它可以是真实的
lt can? -Yes, Elsa.
可以吗? 是的,艾勒莎
And once I have money, my destiny
我一旦有了钱,我的命运
Polina shall be mine.
宝琳娜将属于我
I am so sorry! -Maybe if you blow on it!
电影精选列表