我极度渴求生存
I cared desperately.
你懂我意思吧,简
Do you know what I'm trying to say,
Jean?
我懂,菲尔
Yes, Phil.
只是别再用这种方式来证明你的求生欲了
Only don't get yourself killed
proving you want to live.
打扰一下,汉农先生
格鲁芬探长和萨金特侦探来了
Excuse me, Mr. Hannon, Inspector Grovening
and detective Sargent Luce are here.
是吗,带他们进来吧
Oh, are they? Well show them in.
请进吧,探长
Won't you come in please, Inspector.
早上好,汉农先生
Morning, Mr. Hannon.
您好,探长
Hello, Inspector.
听说您进行了一场,冒险,汉农先生
I'm told you've been having
some adventures, Mr. Hannon.
冒险?不是吧!如果您有一点戏剧化的思维能力
Adventures? No. If you
have a dramatic mind,
您就该觉得是有人故意想害我
you might think someone had
tried to break my neck.
当然,我希望这次纯粹是一个意外
But I'll bet there's a perfectly
innocent explanation for that.
汉农先生,根据酒吧的老板娘的
说法,您当时是在等一个人,是吧
Mr. Hannon, according to the barmaid at
The Eagle, you were expecting this man.
为什么您和他有约
Why were you meeting him?
你知道他是谁吗
Did you know who he was?
不知道,但是我知道他肯定不是,他不是埃文斯
No. But I knew who he wasn't.
He wasn't Evans.
除此之外,我只知道他自称自己
Outside of that, I only knew
what he called himself.
是一个叫珍妮特-摩奇的女孩的父亲
The father of a girl named Janet Murch.
了解
I see...
您之前想找她,是吧!在报纸上登了广♥告♥
You've been making inquiries for her,
haven't you? Advertising and so on?
没错
That's right inspector.
为什么您对她这么上心
What was your interest in
Janet Murch, Mr. Hannon?
她就是那个之前在酒吧里的女孩
She was the girl I heard in the bar.
你联♥系♥她了吗
And you contacted her?
是,我昨晚和她通了电♥话♥
Yes. I spoke to her on the
telephone last night.
探长,您最好去找到她,而且要尽快
Inspector, you have to find Murch,
and you have to find her fast.
汉农先生
Mr. Hannon,
尽管还没有确切证据
Janet Murch may have been
associated with criminals
珍妮特-摩奇很有可能与您
所说一样,跟一件犯罪案有关
as you thought, though that's
by no means certain.
但是有一件事是确定的
But there's one thing that is certain:
不管别人要求她做什么,今晚或明晚
Whatever anybody was asking her
to do, tonight or tomorrow,
无论犯罪与否,她都做不了
crime, or no crime.
She won't do it now.
她的尸体今早在河里被发现了
Her body was taken out of the river
early this morning.
- 她被杀了?
- 是,刀杀
- She was murdered?
- Yes. A nasty job with a knife.
这事我应该负责
And what's more, I'm responsible.
你负责?
You, responsible?
是,全是因为我那则广♥告♥
Yes, with that advertisement.
她看见那则广♥告♥了,埃文斯也看见了
She saw the advertisement
but so did Evans.
埃文斯肯定知道我发现了什么
And Evans knew I was on
to something through her.
所以把她杀了
So he murdered her.
然后也打算把我做掉
And then tried to
have me murdered too.
是我,害了那个可怜的孩子
I killed that poor kid
as surely as if I'd shot her.
探长,我们必须捉到埃文斯
Inspector, we have to get Evans.
必须在明天之前找到他
And we have to get
him before tomorrow.
汉农先生,我之前已经说过了
Mr. Hannon, as I
told you before...
但是这件事迫在眉睫了!今天已经九号♥了
But it's starting Inspector!
It's the ninth today,
它正在我们看不见的地方悄然进行
it's happening somewhere
out there, now!
可是你要知道,汉农先生,这座城市有九百万人口
You must remember, Mr. Hannon, there
are nine million people out there.
九百万
Nine million.
没有人见过这个埃文斯
即便是你,也就听过他的声音而已
And none of us have ever seen Evans,
and only you have even heard him.
今早他都不吃炒鸡蛋了,只喝威士忌
This morning he seem to prefer whiskey
to scrambled eggs.
只能如此了,也许这会让他好过一些
Well, if it helps him get through today,
I'm all for it.
我知道,但他一昧地麻醉自己,也于事无补啊
So am I, but it seems to have no more
effect on him than milk on a baby.
我去看看能不能帮上什么忙
I'll go see what I can do.
他知道我昨晚住在这儿吗
Does he know I stayed here
last night?
他只知道今天是十号♥,其他一概不知
He knows that today is the tenth.
That's all he knows.
"这就是你要做的"
"This is all you've got to do.”
"玛丽会在十号♥到"
"Mary arrives on the tenth."”
简?
Jean?
是我,菲尔
Yes, Phil.
我刚刚没听到你进来啊
Well, you didn't just come in?
我昨晚没走
No, I stayed here last night.
你昨晚住在这儿吗
Stayed here?
是,在你的空房♥间里
Yes, in your spare room.
这样啊,但愿你住得舒服
Well, I hope you were comfortable.
你要来一杯吗
Can I fix you one?
菲尔,这才早上十点
Phil, at ten o'clock in the morning?
早上十点,在十号♥早上十点过半
At ten o'clock in the morning,
and at half past ten,
敬此时此刻
on the tenth hour of the tenth day.
Let's drink to that.
你不介意我留下吧,鲍勃有时要出门
You don't mind that I stayed here?
Bob has to go out occasionally,
你觉得这是他的职责吗,时时刻刻盯着我?
And you felt there was a job
for an assistant keeper.
行吧,事实就是如此
Well, the facts support that.
没办法了,我差点把自己送给死神
It seems I can't get off the string,
without nearly getting myself killed...
还害其他无辜之人被杀
and other people, quite killed.
但是这不是你可以控制的
But you didn't know.
我没想到埃文斯这么穷凶极恶
I didn't know Evans
was that desperate.
你当然不可能知道
Well how could you?
"你下去和她见面,做好交接
"You go down to meet
her and take over.
然后把东西给我们,你拿钱走人"
Then we take it off your hands,
and give you your money".
"然后你就......"
"And you go on a nice..."
你为什么要一遍遍地播放这段录音呢
Why do you keep playing that
thing over and over again?
你心里早就倒背如流了
You must know it by heart.
我只知道字面的意思
I knew it by heart to start with.
但是你自己都不会意识到
你的言语里头有时会有另一层意思
But you can know your words
without knowing what they mean.
肯定可以让我挖到这个叫埃文斯的其他细节
Somewhere that thing is trying
to tell me about Evans.
他是谁,他今天打算做什么
Who he is, and what it is
he's gonna do today.
但是我好像听不出来这一层含义
而你们剩下的这群人只知道看,不知道听
But I can't seem to hear it
and the rest of you can only see.
"不会的"
"You wouldn't."
"不,亲爱的,我不会这么干的
知道你按照我说的去做"
"No, my dear, I wouldn't do that. Not
just as long as you do as you're told."
"行了,收拾一下心情,没什么好哭的"
"Now come on, pull yourself together:
There's nothing to cry about.”
行吧,你赢了埃文斯
Alright, Mr. Evans, you win.
简,你在窗边吗
Jean, are you over by the window?
在
Yes.
还在下雾吗
Is it still foggy?
还有一点,但是快散干净了
A little. It's almost clear now.
你看到什么了
What do you see?
你知道的,菲尔!我来的第一天,你就告诉我了
You know, Phil. You told me
the first time I came here.
没错
That's right.
议会大厦,大本钟,查令十字车站
Houses of Parliament, Big
Ben, Charing Cross Station...
电影精选列表