剧集 | 是,首相(1986) | 导航列表
是, 首相 第2季第7集
国民教育
组织秘书和党主席想见您
The Chief Whip and Party Chairman to see you.
各位请坐 我马上就好
Take a seat. I'll be right with you.
伯纳 坐下 我要你也列席
Bernard, take a seat.I want you here for this meeting.
这不是党派事务吗? 这是党派主席和组织秘书
Isn't this a party matter?
也是政♥府♥工作
It's also a government matter.
是我们的教育政策 国家的还是党派的?
It's about our education policy.The government's or party's?
都一样 抱歉 首相 这可大不一样
It's the same thing.With respect, they're not the same thing.
所以才要开会讨论 好像是党派...
That's why we want the meeting.It seems...
伯纳 坐下
Bernard... sit!
不许动
Stay.
问题在哪里?
What's the problem?
教育 你觉得我能怎么办?
Education.What can I do about it?
您是首相啊 对 我知道
You're the PM.Yes, I know.
我没法直接插手教育事务
I have no direct control over education.
我管不了课程 考试 教务长任命 什么都管不了
I don't control the curriculum or exams. Nothing.
可选民觉得都该您负责 您影响力大嘛
The voters hold you responsible for everything.
我烦透了 我原以为当了首相
I'm fed up with it. When I became PM, I thought
就大权在握 结果得到什么? 影响力
I'd have power. And what have I got? Influence.
我控制不了警♥察♥ 利率
I've got no power over the police, the rates,
欧共体指令 欧洲法庭 我们的法庭 法官 北约
EEC directives, European courts, our courts, the judges, NATO.
我到底有什么权力?
What have I got the power to do?
让我们输掉下次大选的权力
Lose us the next election.
您再不管管教育 它就立竿见影了
Which you will if you don't tackle education.
选民们希望管管学术浮夸 学风懒散
The voters want something done about low academic attainment.
性教育 我不是反对性教育
Sex education!I'm not against sex education.
我不是反对课堂上教育孩子生命的真谛
I'm not against children being taught the facts of life in class,
但不能教他们同性恋的技巧啊
but not homosexual technique!
当然 异性恋的技巧也不行 那他们去哪学呢?
Or heterosexual technique.Where should they learn it?
在自行车棚后面 像我们当年一样
Behind the bike sheds like we did!
你是吗?
Did you?
别去管性♥技♥巧♥了
Never mind sexual technique.
有些学校教印度语比教英文还多
Some of our schools are teaching more Hindi than English.
我知道英语更重要 但我不敢公开说
I know English is more important, but I daren't say so
会被人扣上种族主义帽子的
or I'd be accused of racism.
对 可... 上次接见民族事务委员会
When I met the Ethnic Awareness Council,
一位黑人女代表发言时
I happened to glance at my watch
我凑巧看了看表
when a black woman delegate was speaking
马上被指责一举一动充满种族歧视
and I was accused of racist body language.
还有性别歧视
And sexist.
好吧 你们要我怎么办? 请您狠抓教育
What do you want me to do? Get a grip on education.
让亨利把他的教♥育♥部♥好好整治一番
Get Henry to do something about the Department of Education.
不行 他已经给驯服了 开掉他
They've got him house-trained. Sack him.
我不能再来一次内阁动♥乱♥了
I can't have another Cabinet convulsion.
那就请在野党党♥魁♥夫人来吧 她来干嘛?
Then invite the opposition leader's wife here. What can she do?
量尺寸准备换地毯和窗帘
Start measuring up for carpets and curtains.
好 没问题 今天下午吗?
Yes, right, fine. This afternoon?
伯纳 首相似乎要见我 是的 汉弗莱爵士
Bernard, I believe the PM wants to see me. Yes, Sir Humphrey.
他有什么问题? 教育
What's his problem? Education.
这个嘛 现在后悔也晚了
Well, it's a bit late to do anything about that now.
不 是教育系统问题 我明白了
No, no, the education system. I see.
那个也晚了 他觉得他会输掉下次大选的
late to do about that either. he'll lose the next election.
对国家未必是坏事 他没法忽略事实
Worse things could befall the nation. He can't ignore facts.
如果不能忽略事实 他这政客就不用当了
If he can't ignore facts, he's got no business being a politician.
不管怎样 伯纳 他不必担心
Anyway, Bernard, he's got nothing to worry about.
我们的教育系统满足了大多数家长的要求
The education system does all most parents require of it.
就是家长上班时 帮他们看孩子
Keeps children out of mischief while they're at work.
对 可从党主席给首相的报告来看
That paper the Party Chairman had suggests
综合素质教育快破产了吧?
the comprehensive system is breaking down.
伯纳 我万万想不到
Bernard, I never thought to hear such language
一个忠实的公务员会说出这种话
from a loyal member of the Civil Service!
你被敌人俘虏了吗? 您说俄♥国♥人?
Have you been got at by the enemy? You mean the Russians?
不 伯纳 我说首相的政♥治♥顾问
No, Bernard, I mean the PM's political advisor
那个叫韦莱的女人
that Wainwright female.
可综合素质教育是个实验 当然需要规制
Comprehensive education ought to be validated.
当然 但不能一棍子打死啊
Of course, but not invalidated.
可如果它是为了提升教育质量...
But if it was introduced to improve standards...
你怎么会有这个念头?
Whatever gave you that idea?
您是说它是用来抹平阶级差异的? 正是
You mean it was to get rid of class distinction? Precisely!
所以孩子们... 孩子?
So that all children... Children?
关孩子什么事? 我以为...
Who mentioned children? I just...
教♥育♥部♥里从来不提孩子
The Department of Education never mentions children!
不不不 伯纳 它是用来抹平
No, no, no, no, Bernard. It was to get rid of
教师的阶级差异的
class distinction in the teaching profession.
提升教师的生活质量
Improve the living standard of teachers,
而不是孩子的教育质量
not the educational standards of children.
提升教师工会会员的工资
Bring the NUT teachers up
让它和他们的死对头
to the salary level of their rivals in
语法学校的全国校长联合会会员持平
the National Association of Schoolmasters in the grammar schools.
可是... 伯纳 工党执政的时候
But the... When there is a Labour government,
教♥育♥部♥夸综合素质教育能抹平阶级差异
the ESD says comprehensives abolish the class system.
等保守党上台 他们就改口夸它价格便宜量又足
When there's Tory, they say it's the cheapest way.
对工党我们解释说 选择性教育造成阶级分化
To Labour, we explain that selective education is divisive
对保守党就解释说 选择性教育贵得离谱
and to the Tories we explain that it is expensive.
这样 我们就能跟教师工会搞好关系
That way, we have a happy relationship with the NUT
关起门来给自家孩子私立教育了
and we educate our own children privately.
但如果政♥府♥想改变... 工会不想改变
But if the government wants change... The teaching unions don't.
我们的工作不是说服工会接受政♥府♥政策吗?
Isn't it our job to persuade unions to accept government policy?
不 我们的工作是说服政♥府♥接受工会政策
No, it is our job to get the government to accept union policy.
因为政♥府♥政策说变就变 而工会政策雷打不动
Since government change policy all the time
天经地义的 应该让政♥府♥适应工会才对
the government SHOULD be brought in line with the unions.
喂 首相? 好的 他现在就去见您
Yes, PM? Oh, fine. He can see you now.
汉弗莱爵士 他很担心有些事
Sir Humphrey, he's very worried that he seems
他无能为力 也要他负责
responsible for something he can't change.
是啊 那还用说 为无能为力的事负责
Yes, I'm sure. Responsibility without power -
这是每朝每代的太监的特权
the prerogative of the eunuch throughout the ages.
早安 首相 早安 汉弗莱 你说什么?
PM. Good morning. What were you saying?
没什么 首相 听说您在担心地方教育当局
you're worried about the local education authority.
不 汉弗莱 我是担心国家教♥育♥部♥
No, the Department of Education and Science.
是吗? 我觉得教♥育♥部♥干得很好啊
Indeed? I think the DES does a splendid job.
随你怎么说 睁眼看看现状吧
Look what's happened to education.
这是一篇宗教论文的论题
This is a question from a Religious Studies paper.
“你更喜欢哪个——原♥子♥弹♥或慈善事业?”
"Which do you prefer atom bombs or charity?"
连数学题也政♥治♥化了
Even maths is politicised.
“如果英国核武防御每年要花5亿英镑”
"If it costs ? billion a yearfor nuclear defences
“喂饱一名非洲饥童每年要75英镑”
"and ?5 a year to feed a starving African child,
“如果国防部放弃核武器”
"how many children could be saved from starvation
“能救多少非洲孩子的命?”
"if the Ministry of Defence abandoned nuclear weapons?"
很简单 零个 他们会拿钱去买♥♥常规武器
That's easy. None. They'd spend it all on conventional weapons.
不管怎样 这只是个算术 5亿除以75就行了
In any case, it's just a sum. Five billion divided by 75.
可孩子们也没学会算算数
But children aren't learning to do the sums.
没错 可地方教育当局也许会说
The local education authorities might argue
他们不必 他们有计算器啊
that they don't need to. They have calculators.
他们总得明白原理吧
They all need to know HOW it's done.
我们都学过基本算术 不是吗?
We were all taught basis arithmetic, weren't we?
是吗? 3947除73等于多少?
Were we? What's 3,947 divided by 73?
呃 我需要纸笔打草稿...得了别管了
Er... Oh, I'd need a pencil and paper to do that.
我刚毕业的时候会的 可现在您用计算器了
I could do it when I left school. Now you'd use a calculator.
这不是重点 看看拉丁文 现在没人懂了吧?
That's not the point. Look at Latin. Hardly anybody knows that now.
Tempora mutantur, nos et mutamur in illis.
"Tempora mutantur, nos et mutamur in illis."
什么?
What?
“时间变化 我们随之而变” 一点不错
Times change and we change with the times. Precisely.
Si tacuisses, philosophus manisses
Si tacuisses, philosophus manisses.
什么意思?
What does that mean?
“请你闭嘴 会显得聪明点”
kept your mouth shut, we might thought you were clever.
你说什么? 不是说您 首相 那是翻译
I beg your pardon? Not you, PM. That's the translation.
没人会以为 汉弗莱爵士会那么说您
No one would have thought Sir Humphrey was saying that about you.
走开 伯纳 求你了
Go away, Bernard, please.
真不敢相信 汉弗莱
I can't believe it.
你是受严格学院式教育长大的
You had a strict academic upbringing.
剧集 | 是,首相(1986) | 导航列表