剧集 | 是,首相(1986) | 导航列表
那当然
Absolutely.
不过通常那家伙只是
Usually it's just a chap
自作主张支了一笔短期的
who's advanced himself a short-term,
非正式 无担♥保♥的临时贷款
unauthorised, unsecured temporary loan
朝公♥司♥借了点钱
from the company's account
不幸投错了地方
and invested it unluckily.
人有失手 马有失蹄嘛
Horse falls at the first fence, that sort of thing.
那你觉得我该任命谁?
So who do you think I should appoint?
就像我说的 这不好办
Oh, well, as I say, that's not easy.
找不出几个大伙都信得过的人
Not all that many chaps the chaps trust.
这不由我来说
It's not for me to say,
不过如果受到了邀请...
but if one were to be asked...
既然这个人被认为是...
As long as one were thought to be...
当然 人各有志 可是...
Of course, one is committed, but...
如果真是形势所迫...
And if one were to be pressed,
我敢说这个人总能腾出时间来
I dare say one could make oneself available.
就当作是为...
As a duty one owes to...
我想的是亚历山大-詹森
I was thinking of Alexander Jameson.
你觉得呢?
What's your view?
他是个好会计
Well, he's a good accountant.
诚实吗? 对
Honest? Yes.
精力呢? 恐怕也不错
Energetic? I'm afraid so.
可你会推荐他吗? 不会
But would you recommend him? No.
为什么不会?
Why not?
金融城的事很难说的 首相
Well, the City's a funny place, Prime Minister.
一旦你露了馅
If you spill the beans,
开弓可没有回头箭
you open up a whole can of worms.
要是您不想招来苍蝇
How can you let sleeping dogs lie
又怎能去捅马蜂窝?
if you let the cat out of the bag?
要想注入新血 一不小心
Bring in a new broom and, if you're not careful,
可能就得刮骨疗毒顺带割肉
you've thrown the baby out with the bath water.
临阵突然换了将
If you change horses in the middle of the stream,
四面楚歌♥也怨不得谁
then you're up the creek without a paddle.
于是就吹灯拔蜡了
And then the balloon goes up!
可不是 被他们抓住小辫子了嘛
Obviously. They hit you for six.
等于自摆乌龙
An own goal, in fact.
我还有半小时就要上台了
I'm on in half an hour
讲话里还是没有任何实质内容
and this speech is devoid of content.
我不知道
Oh, I don't know.
你觉得呢 伯纳?
What do you think, Bernard?
我不知道 好吧 我知道
I don't know. Well, I do know.
观众会起立鼓掌的
It'll get a standing ovation.
鼓多久?
Oh. How long?
三分半钟
Three and a half minutes.
他们都有秒表不成?
Have people got stopwatches
今天就发
Issued them today.
首相 汉弗莱爵士陪同布兰达高级专员
Sir Humphrey's downstairs with the Burandan
在楼下等候 能见见他们吗?
High Commissioner. Could they have a word?
布兰达高级... 他说十万火急
Burandan High...? He says it's urgent.
怎么...好吧 他最好快点
Oh, all right. He'd better be quick.
不能讲鼓励投资吗?
Can't we talk about getting more investment?
没法鼓励 利息率太高了
Interest rates are too high.
您不能胁迫财政部长胁迫财政部
Can't you lean on the Chancellor to lean on
胁迫中♥央♥银行胁迫各银行降息吗?
the Bank of England to lean on the banks?
半小时之内? 一年半载都难
What, in half an hour? Not in a month of Sundays!
中♥央♥银行绝对不同意
The Bank would never allow it.
我能做的 只有任命清廉先生当董事长了
All I can do is appoint Mr Clean as Governor.
"哈克拒绝继续姑息"
"Hacker will take no more nonsense
"金融城的丑闻"
from the City."
首相
Prime Minister.
专员先生 真是意外之喜啊
High Commissioner, an unexpected pleasure!
快请进 请坐下
Do come in. Sit down, please.
有什么可以效劳的?
Now, what can I do for you?
首相 高级专员先生
Well, the High Commissioner's
担心的是传闻中
concerned about the rumour
您要任命詹森
that you intend to appoint Jameson
管理中♥央♥银行的事
to the Bank of England,
因为他必然会深入调查
which will inevitably create an investigation
贝伦森银行一案
into Phillips Berenson.
抱歉 不过这和布兰达有何关系?
Forgive me, but how does this concern Buranda?
贝伦森这家问题银行
Phillips Berenson is a shady bank
把自己60%的资本贷给了
that lent 60% of its money
三家名声欠佳的外国客户
to three foreigners of doubtful repute.
这三家客户之中两家
Two of those three foreigners
分别是布兰达总统
were the President of Buranda
和布兰达企业集团主席
and the Chairman of the Burandan Corporation.
如果您威胁到这些贷款
If you attack these loans,
布兰达总统就不得不
the President of Buranda will have no option
将此视为
but to interpret this move
敌对和种族主义行径
as a hostile and racist act.
种族主义? 当然
Racist? Of course.
我无意冒犯贵国总统本身
I've no intention of attacking the President
我只打算...
per se. L-I would merely...
说他名声欠佳
Say that he was someone of dubious repute.
对...不不不
Yes. No, no, no.
我...我...
I... I...
请允许我进一步指出 以种族主义
May I further point out that a racist attack
攻击我国总统
on our President
毫无疑问会令非洲所有其它国家
would undoubtedly create solidarity and support
同仇敌忾起来
from all the other African states.
英联邦国家 首相
Commonwealth countries.
我们会齐心协力 将英国
We would move to have Britain
驱逐出英联邦
expelled from the Commonwealth.
总统首当其冲就得取消
The President would be obliged to cancel
女王陛下下月的国事访问
Her Majesty's state visit next month
布兰达将立刻抛售所有
and Buranda would sell all the British
它购买♥♥的英国国债
government stock that it has bought.
英镑会贬值吧?
Would that create a run on the pound?
是啊
Yes.
还有吗? 还不够吗?
Anything else? Isn't that enough?
专员先生 能否允许我
High Commissioner, will you excuse me
和汉弗莱爵士私下说几句话?
if I have a few words with Sir Humphrey?
太感谢了 多谢您大驾光临
Thank you so much. So good of you to come
不远万里来到我国
and... such a long way.
我会积极考虑您的话的
I'll give your words earnest consideration.
那就好
Please do.
汉弗莱 你竟敢害我落进这步田地
How dare you put me in this position!
不是我 首相 是布兰达
It is not I, but Buranda.
考虑到英联邦传统 您更应该
The Commonwealth club is another reason
三思而后行
you should exercise caution.
布兰达总统是个骗子
The President is a crook!
怎能让他混进英联邦来
He shouldn't be a member of the club.
应该把他赶出去
He should be blackballed.
他们已经出去了
He is already.
对 谢谢 伯纳
Yes, thank you, Bernard.
我真想不通 汉弗莱
I don't understand it, Humphrey.
你玩的什么花招?
What's your game?
你凭什么觉得
Why should I
我会掩盖又一桩丑闻?
allow another cover-up?
你能得什么好处?
What's in it for you?
什么也没有 首相 我向您保证
Nothing, Prime Minister! I assure you,
我毫无任何私人动机
I have no private ulterior motive.
我是在保护您免于自取灭亡
I'm trying to protect you from yourself.
我完全站在您这边
I'm entirely on your side.
我们凭什么相信?
How can we believe that?
因为这次是真的
Because this time it's true!
我是说 这次我尤其站在您这边
I mean, this time I am particularly on your side.
我一定得找些好消息
I've got to say something good
加进今天的讲话里
in my speech today.
要是我不能宣布任命清廉先生
If I can't announce the appointment of Mr Clean
剧集 | 是,首相(1986) | 导航列表