剧集 | 狼厅(2015) | 导航列表
The old man brings him in
是那老头把他提拔上来的
and in a few years, it's as if he's the one in charge...
然后过了几年 就跟他当家了似的
As if he has some hold over the Cardinal.
就跟他有着主教什么把柄似的
I heard he killed a man abroad and never made confession.
我听说他在国外杀了人却从来没忏悔过
But that kind...
但他那种人
they always weep when they see the hangman.
上了刑场比谁哭的都凶
I did, but...
没错 但是...
with things the way they are with Wolsey, I thought...
沃尔西出了那些事 我以为...
Thomas More is here.
托马斯·莫尔也在
Well, I expect you invited him too.
我还期望你能邀请他呢
Gracia. Prego.
谢谢 请用
Did you want to talk about me, Master More?
刚才你是想谈论我吗 莫尔大人
You can speak while I'm here, I have a thick skin.
我在这你也可以说 我不在意的
No-one was talking of you.
没人在谈论你
Of the Cardinal, then?
那就是在说主教了
Thomas, this is Monsieur Chapuys,
托马斯 这位是沙皮先生
the Emperor's new ambassador here in London.
国王派来伦敦的新大使
Monsieur Chapuys,
沙皮先生
my friend, Thomas Cromwell.
这位是我的朋友托马斯·克伦威尔
Enchanted.
很荣幸
I hardly know where I come from, myself.
我也不太清楚自己来自何方
If you want to speak half-secretly,
如果你想偷偷谈论我
try Greek, Monsieur Chapuys.
试着用希腊语吧 沙皮先生
My friend, you are looking at your herring as if you hate it.
我的朋友 你的表情跟你恨那条鱼似的
There's nothing wrong with the herring.
我的鱼没问题
But of Cardinal Wolsey, I'll say only this,
但对于沃尔西主教 我只说这一句
he has brought his fall on himself.
他是自作自受
He's drawn all to himself, land, money and titles.
他贪得无厌 土地 钱财和头衔
He's always had a greed for ruling over other men.
他总是贪婪地想统治他人
The Cardinal's a public man.
主教身负公职
Would you have him shrink from a public role?
你会让他逃避自己的职责吗
Well, I think it's a little late
我觉得
to read the Cardinal a lesson in humility.
现在去教他谦虚已经晚了
His real friends have read it long ago and been ignored.
他真正的朋友早就告诫过他 却被他忽视了
And you count yourself a real friend, do you?
你把自己算作他真正的朋友吗
I'll tell him,
我会告诉他的
and by the blood of Christ, Lord Chancellor,
而且上帝作证 大♥法♥官
he'll find it a consolation as he sits in exile
他会在流放时找到一丝安慰的
and wonders why you slander him to the King.
还会想知道你为什么向国王诽谤他
Gentlemen... No, let's have this straight.
先生们 不 让我们把话说清楚
Thomas here says,
这位托马斯曾说
"I'd spend my life in the church, if I had a choice.
"如果可以 我愿在教堂中度过此生
I'm devoted to things of the spirit.
我愿将自己奉献给圣灵
I care nothing for wealth.
我不在乎财富
The world's esteem is nothing to me."
我视世人的尊敬为粪土"
So how is it I come back to London
结果等我回到伦敦
and find you've become Lord Chancellor?
却发现你成了大♥法♥官
Lord Chancellor.
大♥法♥官
What's that?
怎么回事
A fucking accident?
见鬼的意外吗
You're no friend to the church, Thomas.
你不是教会的朋友 托马斯
You're a friend to one priest only
你只是一名神父的朋友
and he's the most corrupt in Christendom.
而他是基♥督♥教界最腐♥败♥的人
You must give me the recipe for this sauce.
你一定要把这个酱汁的配方告诉我
Thomas More is my old friend.
托马斯·莫尔是我的老朋友
You shouldn't come here to bait him.
你不该来这挑衅他
Am I not your friend too, Bonvisi?
难道我不是你朋友吗 博维斯
You know you are.
你知道我是
And that's why I give you this advice.
所以我才会给你个忠告
The Cardinal is finished.
主教风光不再
He'll go.
不久人世
And then you will be without a master to protect you.
之后就没有大人物保护你了
Leave him now.
现在就离开他
Do you think it's true?
你觉得是真的吗
The mistake was being too proud?
错在太过高傲
I remember when he used to say,
我记得他以前常说
"The King will do such and such."
"国王会如此这般行事"
And then it was, "We will do such-and-such."
之后改口说"我们会如此这般行事"
Now, it's "This is what I will do."
现在又说"我会如此这般行事"
No, no.
不 不
The mistake was making an enemy of Anne Boleyn.
错在与安妮·博林为敌
But then, who knew how far she'd rise?
但那时谁又知道她会到这般地位呢
Thomas!
托马斯
Of course, master. News from Rome.
当然 大人 罗马传来的消息
The Emperor's troops have run wild in the city.
国王的军队在城里肆意扫荡
They're killing, raping...
杀人 强♥奸♥
Thomas More says they're roasting babies on spits.
托马斯·莫尔还说他们烤婴儿
Soldiers don't have time to eat babies.
士兵没时间吃婴儿
They're too busy stealing.
都在忙着抢掠
If the Emperor Charles had paid them once in a while...
要是查理五世也曾给他们发过晌金...
They've taken the Pope prisoner.
他们俘虏了教皇
What?
什么
The Emperor is the Queen's nephew.
国王是王后的侄子
If he has the Pope,
如果他俘虏了教皇
then the King's divorce petition is...
那国王的离婚申请就...
In every emergency,
每个紧要关头
look to see if there's some advantage for your prince, Thomas.
都要审视是否于王子有利 托马斯
Ah, cherries.
樱桃啊
How did I do that, I wonder?
我也想知道是怎么运进来的
Here-- take.
来 拿一颗
Now, in this current emergency,
在现在这紧要关头
it will be to me that Pope Clement looks to...
对我有利的就是克莱门特教皇想要...
well, keep Christendom together.
联合基♥督♥教界
So, suppose if I were to travel to France
如果我去了法国
and gather together the cardinals in a council, you know,
组织所有红衣主教成立委员会
to conduct the business of the church in the Pope's absence?
在教皇缺席的情况下处理教会事务
Now, if this business...
如果这一事务
happened to include the King's private matter...
碰巧又与国王的私事有关
might we not rule on it?
我们还是别掺和了吧
And voila,
之后
the King of England will be a bachelor.
英国国王就回归单身了
What?
怎么了
Not more gossip from the silk merchants?
丝绸商人那没有其他小道消息了吗
Rumour is the King has moved from Mary Boleyn
传言称国王已经把心思从玛丽·博林
to her flat-chested sister.
转向了她的贫乳姐姐
Anne?
安妮
She hasn't forgiven you for that business with Harry Percy.
因为哈利·珀西那事她还没原谅你呢
Cavendish tells me she's sworn vengeance on you.
卡文迪许告诉我说她誓言要报复你
Poor chit of a girl.
真是可怜的小姑娘
The King will have her in his bed by summer.
今年夏天国王就会与她同床共枕
By autumn, he'll tire of her and pension her off.
到了秋天 他就会感到厌倦并休了她
What are you doing?
你在干什么
For Gregory.
送给格雷戈里的
It's the same design Queen Katherine uses for the King's shirts.
凯瑟琳王后也是用这款给国王织的衬衣
Well, if I were her,
如果我是她
I'd leave the needle in.
我就会把针留在衣服里
I know you would.
我就知道你会这么做
Your sister was here today.
你姐姐今天来了
She asked again if you'd go and see him?
她又来问你能不能去看他
She said you'd hardly know him now.
她说你现在肯定不认识他了
He's stopped drinking, settled down.
他戒了酒 安定下来好好生活了
Grace, sweetheart,
格蕾丝 宝贝
will you keep away from the fire with those, eh?
翅膀要离火 一点
They're your angel wings.
它们是你的天使翅膀
They're just supposed to be for Christmas.
应该要到了圣诞才穿啊
I know.
我知道
All right, off you go.
好吧 去玩吧
Your own father, Thomas--
你的亲生父亲啊 托马斯
and he's never seen the children.
他还从未见过孙儿们
Well, let's keep it that way.
那就继续这样吧
剧集 | 狼厅(2015) | 导航列表