剧集 | 追缉汽车大亨:卡洛斯·戈恩(2023) | 导航列表
突发新闻,日产透露公♥司♥主席被捕
Breaking news, Nissan's chairman has been arrested.
日产指控卡洛斯戈恩少报薪酬
Nissan accuses Carlos Ghosn of underreporting his compensation
擅自挪用公♥司♥资产
and the personal use of company assets.
(2018年11月19日)
我大为震惊
It was a huge shock.
我甚至不知他们指控我甚么
I didn't even know what was the accusation.
这些指控很严重
The allegations are quite serious.
戈恩面对的最高刑罚是在日本监禁十年
Ghosn faces a maximum penalty of ten years imprisonment in Japan.
而且可能还有其他刑罚
And this may not be the only penalty.
巴布,你对此事点反应?
Bob, first, your reaction to all this.
既震惊又令人失望
It's both surprising and disappointing,
别忘记,一日未罪名成立,他都是无辜
and let's not forget that he's innocent until proven guilty.
(纽约)
当天是感恩节
It was Thanksgiving.
我飞去纽约
I took the plane to New York,
一著陆,儿子就打给我
and when I land, my son calls me.
我一开手♥机♥,铃♥声♥就响我说:“你知我在机上吗?”
I put my phone on and it was ringing. I said, "I'm on the plane, you know?"
他说:“妈妈,卡洛斯被捕了”
And he said, "Mom, Carlos got arrested."
我膝头都软了,甚至不能自己落机
And I-- You know, my knees collapsed. I couldn't even walk off the plane.
我发短讯给他,但无消息
I was texting his phone. There was no news.
我回到家,打开电视
I get home. I put the TV on.
指控...- ...改变甚大,安娜...
Now, the allegation-- - ...it turns a stone. Anna--
...少报他的收入
...understated his own income...
就像飞蛾,扑得太近火了
Icarus, who flew too close to the sun.
我们的代表总监卡洛斯戈恩
Our representative director Carlos Ghosn
有严重失当行为
has committed serious misconduct.
我们得悉是日产举报他时
When we realize it's Nissan who made him get arrested,
我心想:“等等,不可能的”
I'm like, "Wait, this isn't making sense."
我深感愤怒
I feel deep anger
和失望
and disappointment.
日产首领西川
Saikawa, head of Nissan...
满脸都流露出憎恨
there was so much hatred in his face,
我心想:“天啊,发生甚么事?”
and I was like, "Oh, my God, what's going on?"
是忽然惨烈倒台
It's a fall from grace as brutal as it is sudden.
卡洛斯戈恩的辩护团队声称此举另有阴谋
Carlos Ghosn's defense team claims there was another motivation
就是阻止日产和雷诺合并
behind this: Stopping a merger between Nissan and Renault.
我认为有一半可能是宫廷政♥变♥
I think there's a half a chance it is a palace coup.
莎翁笔下的背叛情节在日产上演
Something out of Shakespeare within Nissan.
日本人在背后捅我一刀
I was stabbed in the back by a plot of Japanese people.
卡洛斯的律师说:“卡露,听住
Carlos's lawyer told me, "Listen, Carole,
故事远超我们的想像”
this story is much bigger than we think it is."
情况就如绑♥架♥
It was like a kidnapping.
这里是日本,你无权利
This is Japan and you have no rights.
很残酷和野蛮
It's brutal and archaic.
实不相瞒,我们当时很惊
I have to tell you, we were scared.
(改编自《无边无际》尼克高斯托夫与桑麦宁著)
此事最令人震惊的是甚么?
What's the most shocking thing about this?
日产内部似乎有事发生
Well, it seems something's going on within Nissan itself.
公♥司♥内部有叛变或分♥裂♥
Some betrayal internally and maybe divisions in the company.
《通缉汽车大亨:卡洛斯戈恩》
《第二章:人♥质♥司法》
戈恩被单独拘留
Ghosn has been in solitary confinement.
(东京拘置所)
事情的发展有别于一般财务调查
The way this is unfolding is just not normal for a financial investigation.
他们押我去监仓
They took me to a cell.
我很震惊
I was shocked.
大受打击
I was traumatized.
(卡洛斯戈恩)
里面又暗又冻,惨无人道
It was dark. It was cold. It was impersonal.
天啊,怎么了?
Oh, my God, what is this?
我身在无电♥话♥的黑洞,不能联络任何人
I was in a hole with no telephone, no contact.
我习惯坐商务飞机、开大型会议
This guy is used to corporate jet, big meetings.
他们盘算后决定“好吧,把他独自困在这监仓
They made a calculation that, "Okay, put him in a cell here, alone,
无律师,无解释
with no lawyer, no explanation.
一周后要他签甚么认罪书,他都会签”
In one week, he's gonna sign whatever confession we need."
他们很明显不了解我
Well, obviously they don't know me.
(十日前)
(田纳西州,纳士维)
当时我跟妻子在家
I was at home with my wife
有个日产高层从日本打来
and an executive from Nissan called me up from Japan.
想见面讨论董事会问题
He wanted to discuss some board issues in person.
我问:“点解不开视像会议?”
So I said, "Well, why can't I do this by video conference?"
(日产前人事总监,桂格凯利)
“我有健康问题你们都知我要做脊骨手术”
"I got a medical issue. As you know, I've gotta have a spinal surgery."
(桂格凯利妻,迪凯利)
他说他们想他飞去日本
When he told me they wanted him to come to Japan,
我说:“万万不可”
I said, "Absolutely not."
桂格当时很痛
Greg was in a lot of pain.
我说:“你连坐梳化都不行”
I said, "You can't even sit on the couch."
老实讲,我有点嬲
And to be honest, I was a little angry.
他坚持要我去
He was insistent. He really wanted me to come.
他其实是这样说:“唏,我派包机来接你”
He actually said, "Hey, I'll get a charter flight for you,"
情况很不寻常
which was very unusual.
(戈恩被捕当天)
我抵达成田机场
I get to Narita Airport.
是黄昏时分
It's just around dusk.
我离开包机,他们让我很快通过
I get off the charter and they kind of whisked me through.
带我上客货车,很大部的
And they put me in a van. It was a big van.
开了车20、30分钟后,司机说
Twenty, 30 minutes into the trip, the driver says,
“唏,我要停车打电♥话♥给家人”
"Hey, I got to pull over and call my family."
忽然间,有群人上了我的车
All of a sudden, a bunch of individuals get in the van with me.
其中一人说:“你要跟我们走”
One of them says, "You're gonna come with us."
(东京拘置所)
我被带到拘置所
I'm taken to the detention center.
我要换上囚服,当晚第一次被审问
You get put in prison garb, and I had my first interrogation that night.
我不知发生甚么事
I didn't know what was going on.
然后我发现他们想我出♥卖♥♥♥卡洛斯戈恩
And then I realized they wanted me to turn on Carlos Ghosn.
(《华尔街日报》东京分部)
卡洛斯戈恩被捕一事彻底改变我的工作方式
The arrest of Carlos Ghosn changed everything about how I do this job
老实讲,还有我的生活
and, frankly, how I live my life.
(《华尔街日报》东京版记者,桑麦宁)
我应该三年没有一觉睡到天光
I don't think I've had a full night's sleep in three years.
全球知名度最高的行政总裁
One of the most high-profile CEOs in the world
就这样被囚在日本监狱
was just disappeared into a Japanese jail.
起初对戈恩的指控很难以理解
The initial allegation against Ghosn was difficult to understand
因为简单来说,他被指控的
because, if you break it down, what he was accused of
是延付薪酬
was deferred compensation.
世界各地的管理人员都摸不著头脑
Executives around the world, they're all scratching their heads,
“延付薪酬?”
like, "deferred compensation?"
在世界各地平常不过
That's just a thing that's normal around the world.
在日本,其实是文书工作违规
And in Japan, it was essentially a paperwork violation.
所以显然事有跷蹊
So clearly something very unusual was happening.
要明白日本人点解如此震怒
To understand why the Japanese were so angry about this,
就要理解在金融危机发生的事
you have to know what happened during the financial crisis
即是戈恩被捕前十年
ten years before Ghosn was arrested.
(2018年...2008年)
日本股市今天暴跌
Japan's stock market has plummeted today
是十年内最大跌幅
in its biggest decline in a decade.
(占领东京)
日本深受金融风暴影响
The financial crisis hit Japan hard.
(向富户征税)
职位开始流失,很多人生活艰苦
Jobs started disappearing and people were really struggling.
忽然间,像日产这些企业的高层
Suddenly, there was a lot of scrutiny on the decision-makers
受到严厉审查
at companies like Nissan.
日本政♥府♥坚持全面披露
And the Japanese government insisted on full disclosure
任何年薪超过一百万美元的人
for anybody who made above a million dollars a year.
当时卡洛斯戈恩赚那数字的20倍
Carlos Ghosn was making 20 times that figure.
各位先生女士,我们已踏入新纪♥元♥
Ladies and gentlemen, we have reached a new era.
问题是,在日本
The problem was, in Japan,
若你年薪超过几百万美元
if you make more than a couple million dollars a year,
那么你赚的钱远超你应得的金额
you're making way more than your share.
日产的前路充满机遇
For Nissan, this is all opportunity.
赚这么多钱真的很难看
I mean, it didn't look good.
你削减职位、袋走盈利
You're taking away from jobs and profit.
为了避免引致骚动卡洛斯戈恩打算减薪一半
To avoid a potential uproar, Carlos Ghosn would take a 50% pay cut.
(二千三百万美元)
他要向全世界讲:“我年薪一千万美元”
To have to tell the world, "I'm making ten million dollars a year",
但前一年是超过二千万
when he was making over 20 the year before,
(一千万美元)
他们在别人眼里变成小薯
it makes them look like small potatoes compared to, like,
剧集 | 追缉汽车大亨:卡洛斯·戈恩(2023) | 导航列表