to catch some sun before autumn takes out
那么来看看言情小说吧
and so to romance.
在畅销榜上长居不下...
Always up in the best seller lists...
试行计划要首先针对最为贫困的地区
We'll need to target the most deprived areas in the pilot scheme first.
准备好稍后在国会闪亮登场了吗
All set for your big moment in the House later?
放马过来
Bring it on.
艾登
Aiden?
不方便吗
Bad moment?
一切都好吗 诺亚出事了吗
Is everything OK? Is it Noah?
不不 只是想问问你怎么样了
No, no, no, no. Just...touching base, that's all.
没事吧
All good?
是布鲁斯吗
Is that Bruce?
是德鲁
It's Drew.
我得继续工作了 再见
Erm...I'd best get on. Bye.
艾登
Aiden.
嗨 怎么样
Hey, how's it going?
很好 正要去国会开会 快迟到了
Yeah, good. Just running late for a meeting in the House.
有什么事吗
Something I can do for you?
艾登
Aiden?
黎安在吗
Is Lian there?
我在想
I was wondering,
可以给我拷贝一份芙蕾雅的日程吗
is it an idea I get copied into Freya's diary?
这样我可以助你一臂之力
That way I can give you back up.
如果我知道日程安排
If I know what's coming up,
我们可以一同协助她渡过难关
we can guide her through the pitfalls together.
我需要先请示下她
I'll have to clear it with her first.
让她觉得我们对她缺乏信心吗
And have her think we lack confidence in her?
你去吧 我可不去 亲爱的
Rather you than me, love.
各部门委员会空缺:国防部;民♥政♥部♥;运输部;司法部;商业 创新和技术部
正中红心
Bull's eye.
谢谢
Thanks.
有些灰尘
Dust.
上网 电子邮件 传真
选择你的用户名 深喉25 创建账户
议长先生 不用说
It goes without saying, Mr Speaker,
我很不愿发言驳斥反对党
how reluctant I am to speak against the opposition.
保持秩序
I will have order!
但是我不得不说
But I have to say
这越来越像《偷天情缘》了
that it's beginning to feel like Groundhog Day!
[美国电影 每天醒来都在重复同一天的生活]
多少次了 他们多少次在议案里
How many times...how many times have they been banging on
对保障措施的必要性喋喋不休
about the necessity of safeguards in the Bill?
然而这些新的提案草案
Yet these new draft proposals
却只是换汤不换药
are just a rehash of all the previous ones.
比拿去搪塞媒体的反复播出的采访片段
Little better than regurgitated sound bites
好不到哪去
for the benefit of the media!
说的没错 说的没错
You'd know! You'd know!
议长先生
Mr Speaker!
议长先生 尊敬的反对党议员
Mr Speaker, the honourable member opposite
一直抓住一切机会就整合
has been constantly lambasting us at every opportunity
公共服务的重要性教训我们
about the importance of integrating public services.
而这些由反对党胡乱拼凑起来的保障措施
Yet these new safeguards that he has cobbled together,
这些他们在媒体面前大肆宣扬的保障措施
and about which he has been trumpeting so loudly to the media,
却让他们自相矛盾
they do the exact opposite!
对 说得太棒了
Here, here! Bravo!
罗伯特
Robert!
嗨 杰克 你好吗
Hi, Jack, how are you?
很高兴看见你
Good to see you.
弗莱迪
Freddy.
艾登 见到你很高兴
Aiden, good to see you.
多谢抽出时间见我
Thanks for finding the time.
照你吩咐 我来了 不该来还是来了
So. Here I am, present and incorrect, as requested.
你们委员会的空缺
The vacancy on your committee.
找到人了吗
Is it filled yet?
怎么 堂堂国务大臣
What, from Secretary of State
到区区专责委员会工作
to serve on a humble Select Committee?
这可是向下迈了一大步啊
That's a bit of a downward quantum leap, isn't it?
这...开支危机我们打了场硬仗
Well...since the beating we took over the expenses debacle
如今委员会已不可同日而语了
the committees have got real teeth now, don't they?
他们可以对政♥府♥政策产生实质影响
They can make a real impact on government policy,
抑制权力 真正做到监管
curb its power, really, hold it to account.
我曾是这一部的大臣绝对是锦上添花
Look, surely the fact that I ran the department's a bonus.
我对预算和开支有直接经验
I have direct experience of its budget and expenditure.
所以我能就政策的可行性
Which means I can offer the committee unique insight
为委员会提供独特的见解
into the viability of its policies.
听着 我明白
Look, I know, I know.
某些人可能会觉得我加入委员会
Some might see my presence on the committee as...
会导致不合
divisive.
好像我就是想给巴比什制♥造♥麻烦
That I'm somehow out to cause trouble for Babbish.
不 我根本没有这种打算
No, nothing could be further from my mind.
这是关于告别过去 弗莱迪
This is about drawing a line under the past, Freddy.
关于向前看
About moving forward.
坦白讲 我觉得在你手下干活儿
Frankly, I can't think of a better way to start
是最好的重新开始的方式
than under your stewardship.
我只想要个机会 向党派证明自己
I just want a chance to prove myself to the Party.
证明自己还有价值
You know, prove I'm, I'm still an asset,
而不是个累赘
not a liability.
如果你没当选呢
And if you don't get elected.
这真值得你冒险丢那个脸吗
Could anything be worth the humiliation of that?
如果丢脸是重振旗鼓的代价
If humiliation is the price for rehabilitation...
我必须冒这个险
Risk I have to take.
说到推特 现在有一条特别火
On the subject of tweets, there's a hot one doing the rounds.
巴比什在维多利亚大街租了间办公室
That Babbish has rented office space in Victoria Street,
买♥♥了十几个无月租电♥话♥
purchased a dozen pay-as-you-go phones.
标签是 政党领袖竞选总部
Hash tag, leadershipcampaign HQ.
想当初
Back in the day,
波蒂略密谋竞争政党领袖被曝光
when Portillo's stab at a leadership coup got blown,
他就再也没机会了 不是吗
that nuked any chance he had, didn't it?
谁发的推文
Who tweeted it?
网名是 深喉25
Deepthroat25, so called.
推特圈里都疯了
Twittersphere's going mental over it.
很有煽动性
Incendiary stuff.
不管是谁干的 此人消息十分灵通
Whoever's behind it is remarkably well informed.
这个地方总是淹没在滥交或政♥变♥的流言里
This place is always awash with...rumours of coitus or coups.
最近巴比什似乎很听你妻子的话
Your wife seems to have Babbish's ear of late.
或许她了解实情
Perhaps she's in the know on it?
首相获悉才是关键
When the PM picks up on it is the point.
可能会说
A case of,
我受不了那则推文 从我的厨房♥滚出去
"I can't stand the tweet, get out of my kitchen"
你说对不对
wouldn't you say?
你跟首相谈推文的事了吗
You talked to the PM about those tweets yet?
恐怕情况不容乐观
Bit of a car crash, I fear.
即使风平浪静 他都确信半数内阁
Even on a good day he's convinced half the cabinet
在密谋弹劾他
are scheming to oust him.
霍因斯夺权失败之后
Who was it rallied the damn loyalists for him
是谁替他重振了支持者的旗鼓
over Hoynes' bloody leadership fiasco?
没有功劳也有苦劳啊
Does that not count for anything?
他说那是投机主义
He claims it was opportunism,
是你在为详尽安排自己的夺权争取时间
buying you time to micromanage your own leadership coup.
很有先见之明 真令人意外
Uncharacteristically prescient, as it goes.
等我真的行动时 他就会有准备了
When I do make my move, he'll see me coming now,
不是吗
won't he?
他会在身边筑起铜墙铁壁
He'll have a ring of bloody steel round him.
写推文的混♥蛋♥把我坑死了
The bastard behind that tweet has done for me, hasn't he?
那就扭转基调
So change the mood music.
发表一篇夺人眼球的博文
Get something eye-catching on your blog.
或是让《金融时报》或《电讯报》报道
Or better still, get the FT or the Telegraph
那就更好了
to run it.
我去打电♥话♥
I'll hit the phones,
顺便也去吹响我自己的战斗号♥角
put out a call to arms myself while I'm at it.
你有没有想过
Have you ever thought,
如果我们能花相同的时间和精力
if we devoted the same amount of time and energy
在解决失业和儿童贫困问题上