那是在我被炒之前还是之后呢
Is that before or after I've cleared my desk?
不 他不可能再解雇一个大臣了
No, he can't fire another cabinet minister.
特别是我的妻子 否则就有报复之嫌
Especially my own wife, without appearing vindictive.
那样只会进一步证明
It would be further proof that he runs
他把内阁当成自己的封地来管理
the cabinet like his own personal fiefdom,
党同伐异 排斥所有异己
crushing dissent, briefing against anyone opposing him.
你公开挑战他的一个重要声明
You publicly challenge a crucial part of his manifesto.
就挑战了他的权威和信誉
You challenge both his authority and his credibility.
政♥变♥就是这么发动的
Coups have been sparked by less.
再怎么样 希望也不大
It's a long shot, at best.
还是有希望的
Still a shot.
那也只能为布鲁斯和政党领袖之争铺路
Well, it'll just open the way for Bruce and the leadership.
可以为我和他之间的政党领袖之争铺路
It'll open the way for a leadership contest between us.
他会占据有利地位
And he'll have the inside track
他能接触到内阁要员
with all the heavyweights in the cabinet.
而我有你做内线 跟踪他的一举一动
And I'll have you on the inside, tracking him.
你也用野心来迷惑他
You play the same ambition card with him.
他肯定会有共鸣的
God knows he'll relate to that!
查明谁和他同一阵营
Find out who's in his cabal.
谁在为他提供资金 谁在持观望态度
Who's funding him? Who's on the fence?
布鲁斯不是傻子
Bruce isn't a fool!
他会知道我一回家就都会跟你报告的
He'll know that I'm trotting home to leak it all back to you.
大学的时候 在我之前 你和他在一起
At university, before I came along, you and he.
我和他什么都没有过
There was no he and me.
正是 你是他没能得到的人
Exactly. You were the one who got away.
他才不管什么意识观念
It's not about ideology with him.
只想比对手聪明
It's about outwitting the other side.
只求追逐的兴奋感
It's about the thrill of the chase.
你只需要恭维他
All you have to do is flatter him.
剩下的就交给他的自负吧
His ego will do the rest.
那么说 我不只给你做间谍 还得做婊♥子♥
So I'm not just your mole, but your whore?
-别这么说 -那还能怎么说
- Oh, come on. - What other word is there for it?
你是大内密探
Agent provocateur.
[大内密探是一个内衣品牌的名字]
最坏的可能 就算首相把你扫地出门
OK, worst case scenario, the PM boots you out.
你也树立了形象 芙蕾雅
You've put down a marker, Freya.
让世人知道你有原则
As someone of principle,
可以委以要职
someone worthy of holding high office.
这机会难道不是你应得的吗
Haven't you earned this chance? Hmm?
我知道 这不是小事 我当然知道
I know, it's asking a lot. Of course I do.
但有时候 必须采取非常手段获得权力
Sometimes you have to do bad things to get into power
才能在掌权之后造福人♥民♥
to do good things when you get there.
商业 创新和技术部
放边上 谢谢
On the side, please.
我是巴比什
Babbish.
你要后悔没多下点赌注了
You'll regret now you didn't wager more than a fiver.
-她接受了吗 -"乐意之至"
- She accepted it? - 'With alacrity.'
附加条件呢
And the condition?
全盘接受
The whole caboodle.
她肯定把艾登收得服服帖帖的
She must have done a heck of a job on Aiden.
你能说服首相任命她也不简单啊
As you did on the PM, persuading him to go with her.
她一定会感激你的
I'm sure she will be duly grateful.
艾登 近来可好
Aiden! How's it going?
你好啊 还在那边忙活吗
Hey! Still trying to ply your trade around the estate?
也就是瞎忙活呗
For all the good it's doing me.
芙蕾雅要接管劳务和退休金部了
Freya got Work and Pensions.
唐宁街今天下班前会正式宣布
Downing Street will confirm it by the end of play.
我让她任命你和德鲁作顾问
I told her to bring you and Drew in as her advisers.
要把她保护好 黎安
I want a ring of steel round her, Lian.
好 没问题
Yeah, you got it.
又有事做了 小伙子
We are back in the game, my son.
你好
Hello?
他们给你指派新任务了吗
Tell me, have you been allocated another minister yet?
我又回来开公用车了
Back in the pool for my sins.
听说你家那位要接管劳务和退休金部了
Word has it your better half has got Work and Pensions?
国会的秘密在你口中就像是陈年旧事啊 肯尼
You make the Westminster grapevine look positively arthritic, Kenny.
我让她指定你做私人司机
I told her to put in a request for you to drive her.
我要确保她的安全 肯尼
I need to know she's in safe hands, Kenny.
她可是我的宝贝
Precious cargo and all that.
我很荣幸 先生
It would be a pleasure, sir.
芙蕾雅·加德纳意外接任
From the surprise appointment
劳务和退休金部大臣
to Works and Pensions of Freya Gardner,
其夫艾登·霍因斯不久前辞职
wife of Aiden Hoynes who recently resigned
并被认为是一场失败的政党领袖争夺
in what is believed to be a failed leadership bid.
据唐宁街内部人士透露
A Downing Street source said
首相对加德纳女士的出众潜力
the Prime Minister has long since recognised
赏识已久
Ms Gardner's outstanding potential
艾登·霍因斯近期的行为
and does not regard Aiden Hoynes' recent actions
并不影响她被委以重任
as an impediment to realising that potential.
芙蕾雅走出丈夫的光环
凯文·罗素是你的常务秘书
Kevin Russell is your Permanent Secretary.
他守旧了点 但很有头脑
He's a bit old-school but he's nobody's fool.
接手工作一定要有条不紊
Make sure you have a structured induction,
以免工作还没上手 就被他逼着拿主意
don't let him bounce you into decisions before you're ready.
又是祝福短♥信♥
It's another well-wisher.
谁想得到我人缘这么好
Who knew I had so many friends?
你要习惯
Get used to it.
这套太沉重了
It's too funereal.
管理下属的诀窍是亲近每一个员工
The trick is to connect personally with all the staff.
尤其是那些危险份子
Especially those who could be toxic.
没错 来 这套好多了
Exactly. There, that's better.
不过别忘了
Golden rule, though --
级别低的人也不可忽视
don't ignore those lower down the food chain.
他们可以给你一个缓冲
They'll be your shock absorbers --
替你保守秘密
the keepers of your secrets.
这双太招摇了吧
They're a bit Theresa May, aren't they?
[特丽莎·梅:保守党史上第一位女性主席 喜欢穿名牌鞋]
好了 转个圈看看
There. Give us a twirl.
忘了首要规则
I forgot rule number one.
要在上面站稳脚跟
To stay top dog,
你恐怕得拿出点泼劲来 芙蕾雅
you may have to unleash the bitch within you, Freya.
放开了去吧
Don't be afraid of that.
第二条规则呢
And rule number two?
同上
Reread rule number one.
祝妈妈好运
Wish Mummy luck!
-妈妈好运 -谢谢
- Luck, Mummy! - Thank you!
谢谢
Thank you.
劳务和退休金部
O开头的很简单
The Os are easy.
有奥克兰 渥太华 奥斯马尼
There's Oakland, Ottawa, Osmani.
这些地方都有机场
They all have airports.
妈妈不是规定过吗
Didn't Mum make a rule?
机场的事只能在家讲
How you can only talk about the airport thing at home,
在外不许提
nowhere else?
知道她为什么不让你说吗
You know why she made that rule?
这样你才有空想别的事
It's to free up your brain to think about other things.
如果你永远只考虑一件事
Because if you focus on just one thing all the time,
思维就被束缚住了
your brain gets stuck on it.
偏执就是这么来的
That's how it turns into an obsession.
我们聊点别的好不好
So shall we talk about something else?
你来挑
You choose.
聊什么都行
Any subject you want.
什么都行 随便你选
Anything you like, it's up to you.
露比 露比 露比*
*Ruby, Ruby, Ruby, Ruby
你知不知道*
*Do you, do you, do you, do you
你对我做了什么*
*Know what you're doing, doing to me
露比 露比 露比*
*Ruby, Ruby, Ruby, Ruby
大家回去工作吧
Back to work, everyone.
艾登 艾登 可以了
Aiden, Aiden! That's enough.
停下吧
That's enough.
我跑够了
That's enough.
老了 跑不动了
Too old for this damn malarkey.
芙蕾雅受邀