护工津贴简报
carers' allowance briefing.
艾登 多谢赏脸
Aiden! Thanks for this.
我觉得在这儿见面没那么正式
I thought it less formal if we met here.
也不够私密
If less private.
但愿我不必多说 马库斯
I hope it goes without saying, Marcus,
那些荒谬的指控毫无根据
these absurd allegations have absolutely no basis.
没错 当然
Good God, yes. Totally.
我的律师要求她完全撤诉
My lawyer is demanding a full retraction
不然就告她诽谤
or we'll slap a libel suit on her.
他对结果颇有信心
He's confident we'll get a result.
干得好 这不就没事了
Excellent. Job done, then.
不过她的话确实离奇 出乎意料
Extraordinary thing for her to assert, though. Out of the blue.
她似乎是对我有意思
It seems she had something of a crush on me.
我的老天爷
Lordy!
你没和那些媒体的猛兽说这事
You were wise not to share that with our
实属明智之举
feral friends in the press.
料不够多 自然也就没什么好挖的
Less meat on the bone, the less they have to chew on.
如果首相能公开表示支持
A statement of support from the PM
我就平安无事了 马库斯
would square the circle, Marcus.
还是说我仍然在受惩罚
Or am I still on the naughty step?
这是为了芙蕾雅 不是我
For Freya's sake, not mine.
她在内阁还没站稳 不是吗
She's barely got her feet under the cabinet table, has she?
对任何人都是一场严峻的考验
That's a brutal baptism for anyone.
党内资金调拨辩论就快到了
We've the Party Funding debate coming up.
如果我告诉他
If I told him
你准备拥护他的立场
you were prepared to champion his position on it,
得到他最顽固的批评者的拥护
coming from you, his staunchest critic,
或许能为他力挽狂澜
it could turn the tide for him.
我能事先向你保证
I can guarantee in advance
此举定能让他对你感激不尽
he'd be more than appreciative of such a gesture.
别担心芙蕾雅了 她比你想得要坚强
Don't worry about Freya. She's tougher than you think.
众所周知你们的婚姻坚不可摧
Everyone knows your marriage is bullet-proof.
马库斯
Marcus?
你和布鲁斯 我知道你们关系很好
You and Bruce, I know you're close.
也知道这几年你对他有多么忠心耿耿
I know how loyal you've been to him over the years.
我由衷敬佩 真的
I respect that, I do. God knows...
这里真是太需要这样的忠诚了
God knows we could do with a bit more of that in this place.
但是 他和我曾经也是这样
But...he and I were that way once too.
大学时的好兄弟 彼此婚礼的伴郎
Best friends from university, best man at each other's weddings,
他还是我孩子的教父 没有比这更亲近的了
godfather to my children. You don't get closer than that.
但我还是被他狠狠地耍了 不是吗
I still got royally shafted, didn't I?
说到底
In the end...
我们都是他野心的牺牲品
we're all sacrificed on the altar of his ambition.
都是他可以丢弃的棋子
We're all expendable.
无人例外
No one is exempt.
事情发生在音乐课上
It was in the music class, apparently.
一个男生拿着手鼓 诺亚也想要
Er, a boy had a tambourine, Noah decided he wanted it
而那男生拒绝了 诺亚大发雷霆
and when the boy refused, Noah went ballistic -
又咬又啃 拳打脚踢
biting, hitting, lashing out at him.
两个人才把他拉开
It took two of them to drag him off.
他们认为这是家里的事引起的
They think it was triggered by what's been happening at home.
蒂塔的事
The business with Dita.
希望你跟他们说了
I hope you told them not
不要相信报纸上的东西
to believe everything they read in the papers.
天知道他以后会怎么样
God knows what the future holds for him.
等他长成一米八的大男孩
What happens when he's a six-foot hormonal teenager,
又发生今天那样的事怎么办
he kicks off like he did with that kid today?
到那时 他的心智会更加成熟 不是吗
Well, by then he'll be more mature, won't he?
更容易沟通
Easier to reach.
从他学校回家的路上
En route home from his school
我们常路过公园 有一群小伙子
we often pass a bunch of boys in the park,
在那儿踢球
kicking a ball around.
每当我看到他们
When I look at them...
这么说吧 我为自己的想法感到羞愧
Put it this way, I'm not proud of how it makes me feel.
但庆幸他不会有这种感觉
I just thank God he doesn't feel it too.
我觉得嫉妒
Envy.
愤怒
Anger.
你怎么知道他没这种感觉呢
How do you know he doesn't feel it?
芙蕾雅什么时候回来
When's Freya back?
估计很晚 她要带一些选民参观国会
Late. She has some constituents visiting the House.
不如工作日的晚上我留在这儿帮你
Would it help if I stay over weeknights,
直到你能解决带孩子的问题 怎么样
give you a hand until you're sorted on the childcare?
好的
Yeah.
好
Ok.
我只有不到一小时
I've barely an hour.
我找了几个选区的议员
I've got some councillors from the constituency
去参观国会
in for a tour of the House.
你想再过一遍我们的发展战略提案吗
Er, you wanted to go through our growth strategy proposal again?
你是对的
Um, you were right,
税收鼓励的数据是有问题 你说中了
the tax incentive figures don't stack up. Well spotted.
就只有我们吗
Is it just us?
我以为你的团队会在场
I thought your team would be here.
我回头再听他们汇报
I'll debrief them later.
我跟进了我们试行退休金计划的文件
I chased our working paper on the pension pilot scheme...
你选民的参观 有没有谁能替你去
This tour for your constituents - can't someone stand in for you?
那倒好了
I wish.
莎拉 你们要在哪碰头
Sarah. Where are you meeting them?
圣史蒂芬大门前
St Stephen's Gate.
芙蕾雅·加德纳一小时后
Freya Gardner has some constituents due in
要带选民参观国会
for a tour of the House in an hour?
她现在有事
She's been held up.
能替她好好招待一下他们吗
Do the honours for her? Keep them sweet?
你真是太好了
You are a treasure.
你可真厉害啊
You really are a piece of work.
尽力而为吧
I try, God knows.
今晚我们挺有进展 不是吗
Mm. We made progress tonight, don't you think?
公事只是骗你来的伎俩
It was a ruse, to get you here.
我觉得经历了今天的事 你会需要朋友陪伴
I thought you could use a friend, given the day you've had.
那些投向你的下流目光
All those prurient eyes on you.
他到底有没有做 他在家没得到满足吗
"Did he or didn't he?" "Isn't he getting enough at home?"
你就这么给我鼓劲吗
And this was your idea for cheering me up?
如果我对艾登有哪怕一丝怀疑
If for a moment I doubted Aiden,
那今天就会像你说的 如同炼狱一般
today would have beenthe purgatory you say it was. But...
但我没有 所以今天还好
..Since I don't, it wasn't.
我常想那是种什么感觉
I've often wondered how it must feel.
有人永远伴你左右 对你坚信不疑
To have someone always onside. Always...thinking the best of you.
无条件地相信你
Unconditionally.
你得值得人这么做 布鲁斯
It has to be earned, Bruce.
光看表象无法了解真♥相♥ 对吧
You'd never know it to look at it, would you?
这哥特式的优雅背后藏着恶心的本能
All that Gothic elegance hides such rancid base instincts.
当然了 也包括我自己
I include my own in that, needless to say.
-晚上好 先生 -肯尼
- Evening, sir. - 'Kenny.'
你知道我妻子什么时候能到家吗
Any idea when I might expect my wife home?
恐怕我也不知道
Can't help, I'm afraid.
她让我下班了
She let me go for the night.
我送她去了巴比什先生的公♥寓♥
I dropped her at Mr Babbish's apartment.
你可以打去那里问问
You could try her there.
好的 我会的 谢谢 再见
OK, I'll do that. Thanks, bye.
他也是人 不是吗
'He's only human, isn't he?'
每天闲在屋里 和保姆单独相处
Knocking around that house every day, alone with your nanny.
怎么说的来着
What is it they say?
摆脱诱惑最好的方式是向它屈服
The best way to rid yourself of temptation is to yield to it?
我不想听 布鲁斯
I really don't need this, Bruce.
假设我是对的
Say I'm right, hypothetically.
你的名声也可能受他拖累 芙蕾雅
Your reputation will be on the line right along with his, Freya.
如果你是沃金哪个平头百姓的妻子
Standing by your man is all very commendable
支持丈夫当然值得赞扬
if you're Mrs Joe Bloggs from Woking.
但你是内阁大臣 情况就不一样了
Different rules apply if the wife is a cabinet minister.
绝对忠诚可能被视作判断不利或是软弱
Uber-loyalty can be seen as a lack of judgement, of weakness.
或者更糟 道德沦丧
Worse, as moral turpitude.