Prop 19 provides a tax rebate
在10人以上的企业的退税
for all businesses of ten or more employees.
那不就是嘛
That's me.
等等
Hold up,
让我看看 -你仔细看看
l-let me see that. -Look at that.
这为Fusebox带来了
This could mean
意外之财
a windfall for the Fusebox.
正在我需要的时候
And right when I need it.
是的 我告诉过你会很有趣的
Yeah. I told you this would be fun.
几乎和飞盘高尔夫一样有趣
Almost as fun as frisbee golf.
不
No.
蒂娜 走了
Tina, come on.
我知道你们有些困惑
Now, I know there's been some confusion
我们是否在选举日工作
on whether we're working Election Day.
还不是因为你
Caused by you.
好吧 经过多次讨论
Well, after much discussion,
马蒂已经接受了我的想法
Marty has come around to my idea
给大家放一天假
of giving everyone the whole day off.
现在
And-and-and now-now,
别跟我作对 马蒂
and don't fight me on this, Marty,
带薪的
paid.
那是我的主意
That-that was my idea.
他甚至不知道你们的名字
He doesn't even know your names.
谁想要
And who wants
在赋能区工作?
to work in a zone of empowerment?
(欢呼)
(cheering)
好吧 当你在投票站的时候
All right, well, when you're in those voting booths,
我希望你们对19号♥提案投赞成票
I want you to vote yes on Proposition 19.
爸爸 我知道19号♥提案能帮到我们
Dad, um, I know Prop 19 would help us,
但法律不允许你
but you're legally not allowed
告诉员工投票给谁
to tell employees how to vote.
好吧 听着
Oh, okay, look.
我不是以你老板的身份这么说的 好吗?
Uh, look, I'm not saying that as your boss, all right?
我说作为你的朋友投赞成票
I'm saying vote yes as your friend.
现在回去工作吧
Now get on back to work now.
我不是花钱让你们干站着的
I'm not paying y'all to stand around.
爸 你打电♥话♥干嘛
Hey, Pop, you called?
马尔科姆 -嘿
Ah, Malcolm. -Hey.
你看啊
Hey, look,
你知道每次重大选举
you know how, every big election,
你喜欢开车
you like to drive
让那些"老驴"投票?
them old-ass people to the polls?
我一般不会
Yeah, well, I don't typically
称他们为"老驴"
call them "old-ass people."
我是说"老混♥蛋♥"
I'm-I'm sorry, I meant "elderly-ass."
但今年
But this year,
我赞助了一辆货车
I'm sponsoring a van.
哦
Oh,
"赞成19号♥提案"
"Paid for by Yes on 19."
这是一种对你
So this is a sponsorship
有所帮助的赞助
that benefits you.
是的
Well, yeah.
好吧 爸爸 但是19号♥提案
Okay, Pop, but Prop 19,
是由一群企业大佬
you know it's sponsored by a bunch of
特殊利益集团赞助的
corporate bigwigs and special interests.
你想让他们把整个社区
Do you want them to turn this
都变成工业园区?
whole neighborhood into an industrial park?
怎么 你不喜欢工业园区?
What, you don't like parks?
加尔文 我拿到湖人队的票了
Hey, Calvin, I got those Laker tickets
给你和马尔科姆
for you and Malcolm.
什么?
What?
哦 这些座位真不错
Oh, these are great seats.
谢谢你 爸爸
Thank you, Pop.
我和马尔科姆
Hey, nothing less than the very best
能得到最好的礼物
for me and my son Malcolm.
这些是真的 对吧?
Um, these are real, right?
难道这些东西不像真的吗
I mean, don't they feel real?
这不是答案 特雷
That's not an answer, Trey.
那辆货车怎么了?
What's up with the van?
哦
Oh,
只是一个无私的人履行着
just a man unselfishly doing
他在选举日的公民义务
his civic duty for Election Day.
你们都上当了?
Y'all fell for that?
又是那个老掉牙的民♥主♥把戏吗?
The old democracy okey doke?
民♥主♥怎么会是个把戏呢?
Um, how is democracy an okey doke?
因为选票并不重要
Because votes don't matter.
他最后做的
The powers that be are gonna do
还是他们要做的
what they're gonna do anyway.
你去登记投票 然后你就知道
You register to vote, next thing you know,
他们会叫你去当陪审员
they'll call you for jury duty.
然后他们会让你去考驾照
Then they'll make you get a driver license.
嘿 拉马尔 -嘿
Hey, Lamar. -Hey.
你在戴夫家取邮件吗?
You get your mail at Dave's?
是的 惩教署
Yes, the department of corrections
需要知道怎么找到我
needs to know how to find me.
我拿到杜克校友杂♥志♥了
Oh, I did get my Duke alumni magazine.
你上过杜克大学?
You went to Duke?
根据我的LinkedIn 是的
According to my LinkedIn, yes.
你对19号♥提案
You're pretty serious about
还蛮上心的?
this Prop 19 thing, huh?
当然了
Oh, yes.
你知道 这些地方主张
You know, these local propositions
是由很小的差额决定的
are decided by very small margins.
上一次
Last time,
22号♥提案以11票之差落选
Proposition 22 lost by 11 votes.
哇
Wow.
现在军乐队连车都不会洗了
Now marching bands can't even wash cars.
嗯
Huh.
去你的吧 洗车大户
Well, suck suds, Big Car Wash.
哇
Wow,
但你仔细想想
when you really think about it,
哪怕是一票也能改变一切
even one vote could change everything.
是的 我就是这个意思 你知道的
Yes, that's what I'm saying, a-and you know,
既然你都读过了
and now that you've read all about it,
19号♥提案显然对每个人都有好处 对吧?
you can see how Proposition 19 is good for everybody, right?
我当然明白这对你有好处
I certainly see how it's good for you.
我还不知道
I don't yet
这对我能有多好
see how it's good for me.
也许我只是需要一个人
Maybe I just need someone
"教育"我
to "educate" me.
等一等
Hold on.
你是想把你的选票卖♥♥给我吗?
Are you trying to sell me your vote?
这都是从哪来的?
Whoa, whoa, whoa, where did that come from?
不过 当然了
But yes.
所以 支持8号♥提案
So, a yes on 8
就是反对水力压裂法案?
is a no on fracking?
是的 但这就是你要小心的原因
Yes. But this is why you have to be careful.
措辞有时很狡猾 特雷
You see, the wording can be very tricky, Trey.
9号♥提案也是关于水力压裂的
Now, Prop 9 is also about fracking.
但是赞成9号♥提案就等于
But a yes on Prop 9
反对任何更多的压裂禁令
is a no on any more bans on fracking,
所以说赞成就是禁止禁令
so a yes would ban bans
不赞成就是允许禁令
and a no is a yes on bans.
这让我心烦意乱
This is fracking my nerves.
他们登记投票了吗?
Oh-ho. Trey registered to vote?
你是怎么说服他的?
How'd you convince him?
我告诉他 因为他只是
Well, I told him that just because he, uh,
发了一条推特或一个表情包 这是远远不够的
sent out a tweet or posted a meme, that's not enough.
你必须投票
You have got to vote.
所以我让他学习约翰·刘易斯和塞尔玛
So I schooled him on John Lewis and Selma
自♥由♥乘车者 美国民权运动