约翰尼斯
Johannes.
你平安归来了
You're home safe.
威尼斯有趣吗
Was Venice enjoyable?
威尼斯就那样
Venice was Venice.
威尼斯人喋喋不休 总是跳舞 我膝盖受不了
The Venetians never shut up, and too much dancing for my knees.
见到你真好
It's good to see you.
瑞泽卡
Rzecki!
家里怎么没生火 冻死了 奥托
Why is there no fire in this room? The house is freezing. Otto!
早 奥托
Morning, Otto.
出什么事了吗
Something wrong?
你在威尼斯卖♥♥掉了多少糖 哥哥
How many loaves did you sell in Venice, brother?
销路不畅
It was slow.
我说过 我应该等到新年再去
I told you I should have waited until the New Year.
等糖卖♥♥掉了 也许就能
Then perhaps it would be better to build such a gigantic fire
生一大堆火了
once the sugar is actually sold.
别惹我 马琳
Don't provoke me, Marin.
是你逼我
It was you who forced me
在这严冬里乘船去意大利
to go out on a ship to Italy in the dead of winter.
你才是煽动者 不是我
You are the provocateur, not me.
别再说得像你是这房♥子的主人似的
And stop talking about this household as if it's yours.
彼德罗内拉是主人了
It belongs to Petronella now.
那就给她吧
Then she can have it.
我浪费了大半辈子
I have wasted enough of my life
就为让你过得安稳
keeping yours smooth.
我们所有人都只是你欲望的囚犯
We are all nothing but prisoners to your desire, all of us.
奥托 你觉得自己像囚犯吗
Otto, do you feel like a prisoner?
-没有 老爷 -他还能怎么说
- No, Seigneur. - What do you expect him to say?!
看看周围 马琳 阿姆斯特丹正在堕落
Look around you, Marin! Amsterdam is closing down like a vice.
我们只有在这栋房♥子里才是自♥由♥的
This house is the only place any of us are free.
你 只有你是自♥由♥的
You. You are free.
你觉得 墙上挂着地图 有几本书
You think because you have some maps on your wall, some books
收集了几块动物头骨 就比我更懂生意
and a few animal skulls you know my business better than I do?
别说了 别说了
Stop! Stop!
你本来只需要嫁人 仅此而已
All you had to do was marry. The one thing.
-嫁入豪门 嫁得好 -你们俩都别说了
- Marry rich, marry well. - Both of you!
但你不能
But no, you couldn't do that.
我们真的努力了
God knows we tried,
-全阿姆斯特丹的钱 -瑞泽卡死了
- but all the guilders in Amsterdam... - Rzecki is dead!
什么
What?
瑞泽卡 她死了 约翰尼斯
Rzecki. She's dead, Johannes.
真的吗
Is this true?
对 都怪你
Oh, yes. And all your own fault.
昨天你的英国男友来到这 你那位兔儿爷
Your Englishman came knocking yesterday. Your brothel moth.
他把匕♥首♥刺进她的脑袋 就在你自己家的门廊
He put a dagger through her head right here in your own hallway.
我警告过你
I warned you about him.
一遍又一遍地警告
Over and over.
要不是奥托
If it hadn't been for Otto...
-你把他怎么了 -我不是故意的
- What did you do to him? - I didn't mean to.
你干什么了
What did you do?
他手下留情了
He showed mercy.
你那俊俏的英国人爬起来 走开了
Your pretty little English whelp got up and walked away.
"亲爱的温德布里克先生
"Dear Seigneur Windelbreke,
我想打听下您之前收的一名学徒的事
"I am writing to enquire about an apprentice you once had.
女性 身材高挑 金发
"She is female, with a tall, fair-haired appearance,
她盯着我看 好像能洞悉我的灵魂
"and stares at me as if she would look into my soul.
她悄悄进入了我的人生 先生
"She has crept into my life, Seigneur,
她送过来的微缩家具越来越诡异了
and the miniatures she sends are becoming more unnerving."
她怎么找到你 又为什么离开了呢"
"How did she come to you and why did she leave?"
你找到他了吗
Did you find him?
谁
Who?
拜托 约翰尼斯 你发过誓的
Please, Johannes. You swore.
不再对我说谎 还记得吗
No more lies, remember?
你去找杰克了 对吗
You went to find Jack, didn't you?
整个生活建立在
It's hard to tell the truth
谎言和沉默的话 就很难说真话了
when your whole life has been built on lies and silence.
一直以来也没人对真话如此感兴趣过
Nobody has ever been much interested in hearing it, until now.
这不是你想象中的婚姻 是吗
This is not the marriage you imagined for yourself, is it?
想象本身就太傻了
I was foolish to imagine anything.
生活中怎么能没有想象呢 你并不傻
Without imagination, what else is there? And you are no fool.
你在威尼斯卖♥♥了多少糖
How much of the sugar did you manage to sell in Venice?
出什么事了 约翰尼斯
What is happening, Johannes?
你为什么不愿意卖♥♥他们的糖
Why will you not sell their sugar?
看着我 说真话
Look at me. The truth.
说真话吗
The truth?
因为弗朗讨厌我 他想要毁了我
Because Frans hates me and would like to destroy me.
艾格尼丝讨厌马琳
And Agnes hates Marin.
他们没有钱就没有权力
While they had no inheritance, they had no power.
但他们一旦靠糖赚了钱
But once they have the money from the sugar,
阿姆斯特丹就没有什么能阻止他们了
there will be nothing in Amsterdam that will stop them.
那一开始为什么要同意卖♥♥呢
Then why agree to sell it in the first place?
因为我不同意 总有人会卖♥♥的
Because if I didn't, somebody else would.
你不可能一直这么拖着
You can't hold them at bay for ever.
我知道
I know.
你要的真话
The truth.
我说完了
Now you have it.
你刚刚说的话并不属实
You said something earlier that wasn't true.
什么话
What was that?
我们的婚姻是一个谎言
That our marriage was a lie.
不是吗
Isn't it?
不是谎言
Not a lie.
只是有些不同而已
Just different.
告诉我 约翰尼斯
Tell me, Johannes.
这一切怎么了结
How does this end?
了结的办法就是
I'll tell you how it ends.
一月份 我会再出一次远门
Come January, I'll be gone again.
这次我会帮他们赚钱
And this time I'll make their profit for them
一切都会好起来的
and all will be well.
只要我想 我的货总能卖♥♥掉 我保证
My stock always sells when I want it to. I promise.
那你呢
What about you?
我会承担后果
I'll take the consequences.
一定还有别的办法
There has to be another way.
来...
Here...
我给你看个东西
I've something to show you.
瑞泽卡
Rzecki.
我从没见过这样的东西
I've never seen anything like it.
这东西到底是谁做出来的呢
Who on earth could have made such a thing?
我已经思考这个问题很久了
I've been asking myself that question for weeks.
起来了 太太
Wake up, Madame, please!
怎么了 科妮莉亚 出什么事了
What is it? Cornelia, what's wrong?
约翰尼斯吗
Is it Johannes?
不 太太 是奥托
No, Madame. It's Otto.
他不见了
He's gone.
他为什么匆忙跑掉呢
Why did he have to run like that?
我先去码头找找
I'll check the docks first.
然后去监狱看他是不是被捕了
And then the prisons, in case he was arrested.
科妮莉亚
Cornelia!
科妮莉亚
Cornelia!
我点不燃火
I can't light the kindling.
我跟他说了不会有事的
I told him nothing would happen.
他为什么不听我的
Why didn't he listen to me?
他走了更好 这也可以保护我们
It's better that he's gone. By leaving here, he protected us.
想象一下要是市长抓到
Imagine what would happen to a man like Otto
奥托这样的人会怎么样
if the Burgomasters got hold of him.
你知道他会走的 对吗
You knew he was going to leave, didn't you?
我们就当他很识时务吧
Let's just say he saw sense.
你叫他走的吗 夫人
You sent him away, Madame?
我建议过
I suggested it.
是啊 我们都知道你的建议会怎么样
Yes, and we all know how your suggestions work.
如果是民兵来找奥托 怎么办
What if it's the Militia, come for Otto?
他们找不到他 不是吗
Well, they won't find him, will they?