"I must therefore curtail our transactions forthwith.
您真诚的 彼德罗内拉·布兰特"
"Yours in good faith, Petronella Brandt."
又是给那个手艺人的吗
For the craftsman again?
-不许打开 -不会的 太太
- Don't open it. - No, Madame.
你在这儿呢 但科妮莉亚哪去了
There you are. But where on earth is Cornelia?
你得开始准备了
You need to start getting ready.
准备 为什么
Ready? For what?
约翰尼斯要带你去参加银匠工会的宴会
Johannes is taking you to a feast at the Guild of Silversmiths.
为什么把窗帘拉上了
Why are the curtains closed?
没什么 只是阳光太刺眼了
The sunlight was too bright, that's all.
白天窗帘必须得拉开
We keep them open during the daylight.
不然其他人会觉得我们有东西要藏着掖着
Otherwise people will think we have something to hide.
宴会
The feast.
是他的主意吗
Was it his idea?
我俩都认为你应该参加
We agreed it was appropriate you should attend.
你看起来美极了
You look wonderful.
瞧 马琳 我花在裙子上的那些钱
See, Marin, all that money I spent on dresses
都是值得的
was worth it after all.
你为什么不一起来
Why aren't you coming?
我觉得让其他人看见
I think it is better
你和你妻子一起比较好 你说呢
you're seen with your wife, don't you?
你要记得邀请米尔曼夫妇来用晚餐
You must remember to invite the Meermans to dinner.
知道了 内拉 我们走吧
All right. Nella, let's go.
谢谢你...带上我
Thank you...for bringing me.
你不用谢我
You don't have to thank me.
那我该谢谁
Then whom should I thank?
你是我妻子
I mean, you're my wife.
不必因为我带你出门而感谢我
You shouldn't have to thank me for taking you somewhere.
米尔曼夫妇会去吗
Will the Meermans be there?
马琳貌似很希望你能帮弗朗·米尔曼卖♥♥糖
Marin seems very keen for you to sell Frans Meermans' sugar.
糖不是他的
It's not his.
而是他妻子的
It's his wife's.
她将其看作是通往她一直渴望的东西敲门砖
She sees it as a passport to what she's always wanted -
她想要的是弗朗无法给她的权力和地位
the power and position Frans couldn't give her
但马琳不理解其中的复杂之处
but Marin doesn't understand the complications.
你指的是
Which are?
当他和艾格尼丝得到权力之后
Exactly what he and Agnes will do
他们会做什么
with the power once they have it.
转过去
Turn around.
闭上眼睛
Close your eyes.
微笑 什么都不要说
Smile, and don't say anything.
工会垄断了交易和定价
The Guilds have monopoly on trade, and set the prices.
银匠是最富有的一群人
The silversmiths' is one of the richest.
像我这样没有加入工会的商人
For a merchant like me, who works outside the guilds,
参加宴会不单是为了显示尊重
attendance is not simply a mark of respect,
更是一种义务
but a duty.
给
Here.
你有没有想过 食物能让我们发现真我
Did you ever think food is where we truly find ourselves?
看见这个了吗
You see this?
撒了孜然种子的新鲜奶酪
Cumin seeds studding a new cheese
让我觉得自己还是能开心起来的
remind me I am capable of delight.
德尔夫特产的黄油 细腻丝滑
Delft butter, so fine and creamy...
无花果...
Figs...
和酸奶油
and sour cream,
让我回到了童年
taking me back to childhood...
我现在只记得它的味道了
only the taste of which I now remember.
你呢
You?
我母亲以前会把杏仁蛋白糖做成卷
My mother used to make marzipan into rolls.
那时候厨房♥里飘出的香味...
And the smell coming from the kitchen...
让我心跳加速
it made my heart race.
比鲱鱼好吃
Better than herrings.
你出海时都吃什么
What do you eat out at sea?
吃人
Other men.
约翰尼斯 这边
Johannes! Over here!
生意上的事 不会太久
Business. Won't be long.
看来布兰特选择妻子时
I see Brandt keeps the same
也维持着一贯的高标准
standard of wife as he does everything else.
我是艾格尼丝·米尔曼
Agnes Meermans.
你叫彼德罗内拉 对吗
Petronella, isn't it?
告诉我 马琳是怎么找到你的
Now tell me, however did Marin find you?
马琳 什么意思
Marin? What do you mean?
约翰尼斯的新娘 她找了很久
A bride for Johannes. She's been searching for so long.
当然 他们兄妹很亲密
They're so close, of course, brother and sister.
-不禁让人好奇是否... -艾格尼丝 行了
- Sometimes we wondered if... - Agnes, please...
弗朗 这位是彼德罗内拉·布兰特
Frans, this is Petronella Brandt.
我还以为她是个银匠呢
Oh, I thought she was a silversmith.
约翰尼斯呢 不是要跟他谈谈吗
Where's Johannes? I thought we were going to talk to him.
-他来了 -米尔曼太太
- Here he comes. - Madame Meermans.
布兰特老爷 今晚也一如既往地八面玲珑呢
Seigneur. I see you are working your usual magic this evening.
没什么八面 太太 只是我
No magic, Madame. Just me.
-关于那些糖 约翰尼斯 -在我手里呢
- About the sugar, Johannes. - I have it in hand.
这个我们知道
We never doubted.
只是 你觉得大概何时能卖♥♥出呢
Only, er, when will it sell, do you think?
想卖♥♥出最好的价格需要等
To get the best price takes time.
现在东方那么多黑市
What with the black markets in the east,
加上国内的无良商人 人们都渴望好东西
and the adulterers at home, people are craving good product.
但我不会在交易所卖♥♥你们的糖
But I will not take your sugar to the bourse.
交易大厅就像马戏团 市场被人操纵着
The trading floor is a circus, the market rigged.
你打算卖♥♥到国外去吗
You intend to sell it abroad?
我很快会去威尼斯
I sail to Venice shortly.
给那些罗马天主教♥徒♥吗
Papists?
当然 你们想的话 也可以在这里抛售
Of course, if you prefer, we can dump it all here in Amsterdam,
供大于求 最终只拿到四分之一的价格
flood the market, and realise only a quarter of its true value.
这完全由你们决定
The choice is entirely yours.
-这方面你是专家 -没错
- You're the expert. - Yes, I am.
来吧 艾格尼丝 斯莱波特来了
Come, Agnes. There's Slabbaert.
我们去打个招呼
We should say hello.
上帝与你同在
God be with you.
你也是
And you.
他们是谁
Who are they?
舒特和谢苯柏
Schout and Schepenbank.
是阿姆斯特丹的法官和陪审员
Judge and jury here in Amsterdam.
为什么他们会那样看你
Why do they look at you like that?
因为他们控制不了我
Because they don't control me.
他们想控制你吗
Do they want to? Control you?
不
No.
他们想毁掉我
They want to destroy me.
你一定累了 去睡吧
You must be tired. Go to bed.
我...
I'm...
我不累 约翰尼斯
not tired, Johannes.
去吧
Still...
我得记一下今天晚上见到的人
I have to make notes on the men I met tonight.
有什么事
What do you want?
你觉得我有什么事 约翰尼斯
What do you think I want, Johannes?
我想成为你的妻子
I want to be your wife.
你就是我的妻子
You are my wife.
不 就目前来看我觉得...
No. As far as I can tell I'm just...
自己像是你的所有物
someone you own.
我只是对你有用 虽然我不知道是什么
Someone who's useful to you for purposes I can only guess at.
就像一只狗 像奥托
Like a dog, like Otto.
-内拉 别这样... -我已经来了11天 约翰尼斯
- Nella, please... - I've been here 11 days, Johannes.
上帝创造世界都没有花这么久
Longer than it took God to make the world.
可今晚之前 你几乎都没跟我说过话
Until tonight, you've barely spoken to me.
你说得对
You're right.
对不起 我会补偿你
I'm sorry. I'll make it up to you.
来
Come.
我就这么惹你讨厌吗
Do I disgust you that much?
我没讨厌你
You do not disgust me.
-你都无法忍♥受我碰你 -不是的
- You cannot bear me to touch you. - It's not that.
我要和她共享你 对不对
I have to share you with her. Is that it?
你还是走吧