Where will it ever stop?
我宁死也要守护那个孩子安全
I'll die before I let anything happen to that child.
你知道奥托和马琳的事吗
Did you know? About Otto and Marin?
我希望是米尔曼的孩子
I wanted it to be Meerman's.
为什么
Why?
她看上去很安宁 不是吗
She looks peaceful, doesn't she?
一张地图
A map.
给她踏上新的旅程用吧
For her travels.
我来报告一起死讯
I have come to report a death.
我们还没宣布最终裁决
We have yet to announce a verdict.
不是约翰尼斯 他的妹妹 马琳
Not Johannes. His sister, Marin.
昨天下午
Yesterday afternoon.
一个虔诚的女子 虽然有这样的哥哥
A godly woman, despite her brother.
怎么死的
How did it happen?
发热 她已经病了有段时间了
A fever. She'd been ill for some time.
我还想过前几周怎么都没见到她
I wondered why I hadn't seen her the last few weeks.
不过 如果你来是想把她埋在这里
However, if you have come to bury her here,
我恐怕没法实现
I'm afraid that is impossible.
为什么 虔诚的女子 你亲口说的
Why? A godly woman, you said so yourself.
你知道原因
You know why.
约翰尼斯是无辜的 就算他不是...
Johannes is innocent. But even if he were not...
你去找圣安通尼那的人吧 这里埋不了
The men at Sint Athonis will help you. I have no room.
我不能把她埋到城外的地方
I will not have her buried beyond the city walls.
她是阿姆斯特丹的女人 在这做过礼拜
She was a woman of Amsterdam. She worshipped here.
你有责任埋葬她
You have a duty to bury her.
不是我自己留着 你也知道
Not for myself, you understand.
教堂东边角落还有一小块地方
There is a small space in the east corner of the church.
刚好够一块不太大的停尸台
Room for a modest slab, no more.
还要用最好的榆木做棺材
And the finest elm for the coffin.
停尸台上要写碑文吗
0n the slab, do you wish for an epitaph?
"世事无常"
"Things can change. "
约翰尼斯·布兰特 你被控告犯有三项罪行
Johannes Brandt, you are charged on three counts.
其一 侵犯男孩杰克·菲利普
0n the first, that of assault on the boy Jack Philips,
阿姆斯特丹的皮特·斯莱波特 舒特和我
I, Pieter Slabbaert, Schout of Amsterdam
还有四位名誉法官 认定你...
and these four members of the city Schepenbank, find you...
无罪
not guilty.
其二 企图行贿罪 我们认定你
And on the second count, attempted bribery, we find you...
无罪
not guilty.
最后 鸡♥奸♥罪
And finally, on the charge of sodomy,
法♥院♥判定你
the court finds you
罪名成立
guilty as charged.
你的刑罚是脖颈负重
Your punishment shall be to be weighted down at the neck
沉入海里淹死 这周日执行
and to be drowned in the sea, this Sunday.
愿上帝怜悯你有罪的灵魂
And may God have mercy on your sinning soul.
我对你没有恶意 我只是想弄清楚
I mean you no harm, I just need to know.
再也别联♥系♥我了 你听到了吗
I am done with you, do you hear?
我受够了
I have had enough!
你是说我不应该嫁给他吗
Are you saying I shouldn't marry him?
我丈夫威胁说要结束这一切
My husband threatens to stop this,
但我会活不下去...
but then I cannot bear to live...
你怎么知道的 我感觉这很疯狂...
How did you know? I feel a madness creeping in...
皮柏
Peebo!
他从那扇窗户进来的
He came in through the window.
我以为你是鬼
I thought you were a ghost.
或者女巫
Or a sorceress.
你生我的气了
You were angry with me.
我听到你楼下说的话了
I heard you downstairs.
求你了 你有办法 我知道
Please. You have the answers. I know you do.
我得救我丈夫
I have to save my husband.
怎么救
How?
我怎么把他救出来
How do I save him from this?
你要多少钱 我都给你
I'll pay you. Whatever it takes.
这就是...我躲起来的原因
This...is why I hide.
我没懂
I don't understand.
没人能懂
Nobody does.
每个人都以为我可以告诉他们怎么办
Everyone thinks I am the one who can tell them what to do.
以为我有第三只眼
That I have a third eye.
我只是个做小玩意的工匠
I am just a maker of small things.
不 马琳的孩子 你就知道
No. Marin's baby. You knew.
因为我看出来了
I knew because I have eyes.
我看到她走路的方式
The woman, I saw how she walked.
她把胸部绑起来
How she bound her breasts.
艾格尼丝手里的糖呢
The sugar in Agnes's hand.
像米尔曼的糖那样变黑了
It went black, just like the Meermans'.
因为那是真正的糖
Because it was real sugar.
摇篮
The cradle.
你不可能知道马琳想要定做什么样的
There's no way you could have known what Marin would order.
她也不知道
Neither did she.
她看到我做的
She saw what I had made,
很喜欢所以定做了一个一模一样的
and she liked it enough that she ordered a copy.
瑞泽卡 那只狗身上的伤口
Rzecki, the dog. The wound.
你不可能也能知道
There's no way you could have known.
谁也没法知道
There's no way anybody could have known.
有时...这些事就这么闪进我的脑海
Sometimes...things come into my head.
就像听到风里传来的声音
It's like a voice you hear
你辨认不出这是谁说的
carried on the wind that you can't make out.
只是时不时的只言片语
It's just a word, here or there.
有物件
It's things,
人
people,
有时是狗
sometimes dogs.
每个人都想要答案 但我没有
Everyone wants answers. But I have none.
抱歉
Sorry.
我知道这不是你想听到的
I know it is not what you want to hear.
你该带他回来
You should take him back.
他不会喜欢去布鲁日的旅行
He would not like the journey to Bruges.
你要离开了
You're leaving?
今晚 和我父亲一起
Tonight. With my father.
你给我写过字条
You wrote me notes.
那么多
So many of them.
拜托了
Please.
你必须帮助我
You have to help me.
我父亲想教我做钟
My father tried to teach me to make clocks.
但我做的那些永远走不准
But the ones I made would never keep time.
走得不是太慢就是太快
They would either tick too slow or too fast.
我会拿给他 他会让它们全都准时
I would take them to him, and he would make them perfect.
终于我和他说 我求求你
Eventually I said to him, "Please, I beg you,
教教我你是怎么让那些钟走准的
"teach me what you do to make the clocks keep time."
他笑着说 我几个月来什么也没做
He laughed and said, "I haven't done anything for months now.
你做的钟比我做的走得准
"Your clocks keep better time than mine."
你已经学会怎样做了 只不过自己不知道
You had learned how to do it without even knowing it.
世事无常 是的
Things can change, yes.
但它们因你所做的事已经改变了
But they have already changed because of things you've done.
内拉
Nella.
真高兴见到你
It's so good to see you.
但你穿的是你自己的衣服
But you wore your own clothes...
我到这里来不觉得可耻
I am not ashamed to be here.
他们也无法让我以你为耻
Nor can they make me ashamed of you.
告诉我 你还好吗 马琳在哪儿
Tell me, how are you? How's Marin?
你知道的
Oh, you know...
吃太多鲱鱼宴了吗
Too many herring dinners?
告诉她别来
Tell her not to come.
我觉得我受不了
I don't think I could bear it.
过来
Come now.
别哭 眼泪会浸湿我
Don't drench me with your tears.
你带来我最好的衣服了吗
Did you bring my best clothes?
内拉
Nella.
我是认真的
I mean it.
不要难过
Don't be sad.
和做生意一样 生活的秘诀是别太过在乎
The secret in life, as in business, is not to care too much.
永远准备好失败
Always be prepared to lose.
这次你给了他多少钱