you'll need a string to pull it out.
得用绳子才能扯出来
Come on, sir, let me help you. I'll get you somewhere safe.
来 长官 我扶你起来 带你去安全的地方
You made it back. Yeah, I made it, sir. You made it, too.
-你活着回来了 -是的 长官 你也活下来了
My dearest Mary...
我最亲爱的玛丽
I have lost almost every man I began this war with.
跟我开始一起打这场战的人 我几乎全都失去了
Men who, before it started...
要不是开始了这场战争
I probably would never have known.
这些人我大概永远都不会认识
But because of it,
但因为这场战争
I considered closer than family.
我把他们看得比家人还亲
Captain Felix Sparks, 157th Regiment, 45th Division.
菲利斯·斯巴克斯上尉 45师157团
What can I do for you, Captain?
上尉 什么事
I'm answering a charge, sir.
我来回应一项指控 长官
4331, AWOL, North Africa.
第4331条 擅离职守 北非
It was served on February 16th by Lt. Childers.
由奇尔德斯中尉于2月16日传达
Is Lt. Childers with you, Captain?
奇尔德斯中尉跟你一起吗 上尉
No, sir. He's dead.
不是 长官 他牺牲了
Unfortunately, he reached me at the start of the German offensive
很遗憾 他找到我时 德军正开始进攻
at the Via Anziate.
安齐亚提路
The 157th?
157团
Yes, sir.
是的 长官
I tried to send him back with our wounded,
我想把他和我们的伤员一起送回来
but he voluntarily chose to stay with my men
但他自愿选择留在我们身边
and fought with us for the next four days.
在后面四天里跟我们并肩作战
He was an excellent soldier, sir.
他是一名优异的士兵 长官
I promised him I would report to you.
我向他保证过会来你这里报到
Sir, I'd like the opportunity to explain my actions in North Africa.
长官 希望我能有机会 解释我在北非的行为
Not necessary, Captain.
不必了 上尉
If Childers chose to stay with you,
奇尔德斯选择留在你身边
that tells me all I need to know.
光凭这一点 我也就明白了
Dismissed.
你可以走了
Why am I alive now to write you when so many are gone?
逝去了那么多人 为什么是我活下来给你写信
I know I should feel lucky, but instead...
我知道我应该感到幸运 但是...
I feel my soul starting to fray.
我却感觉自己心力憔悴
I know I can hang on.
我知道我能坚持下来
Thinking of you helps.
心里想着你 有所益助
But for the rest of my life,
但在我的余生里
if ever I go silent
要是我莫名地安静
or weep for no reason
或是啜泣
or seem to leave you even when you're right beside me...
或是你在我身边时 我却思绪游离
remember one word and you'll know where I am.
记住三个字 你就会知道我的思绪在何处
Anzio.
安齐奥