I swear, sir.
我发誓 长官
I saw them moving.
我看到他们动了
Did your experiences in the German POW camp
是否因为你在德军战俘营的经历
make you want to shoot these men?
所以你才想对他们开枪
No.
不是
To get them back for their treatment of you?
是为了报复他们对你的所作所为
I was following orders, sir.
我是在遵从命令 长官
We'd seen the Germans flee the compound.
我们见到过德军逃离那片场地
So when they began to move...
所以在他们开始移♥动♥时...
we opened fire.
我们开枪了
And who ordered you to open fire?
谁下令让你们开枪的
Sergeant Walsh.
沃尔什下士
Did you intend to execute these men
你让这些人靠着墙排队
when you lined them up against the wall?
是打算处决他们吗
No, sir.
不 长官
The coal yard just happened to be the best place to hold them.
只是煤场恰好是扣押他们的最佳场地
And were you aware that many of these prisoners
那你是否知道 其中许多俘虏
were brought from the camp infirmary and were wounded?
来自营地的医务室 身上负伤
Sir, our orders were to round them all up
长官 我们的命令是
in the camp and keep them from escaping.
把他们在营地集中起来 防止逃跑
And who gave you these orders?
谁给你下的命令
Was Col. Sparks present at the time of the shooting?
开枪时 斯巴克斯上校是否在场
Tell me when you saw Col. Sparks.
你什么时候见到斯巴克斯上校的
General.
少将
I wasn't expecting a visit.
我没料到会有客人来
The 45th have been selected to make the invasion of Japan, Felix.
45师已被选中进攻日本 菲利斯
We're gonna re-equip and retrain in the States.
我们会在美国重新配装和训练
I think everybody knew
我想大家早就知道
we wouldn't be going home till this was all over.
在战争全部结束前是回不了家的
Unfortunately, you've been ordered to stay.
很遗憾 有命令让你留下来
Sir?
长官
The coal yard investigation has become a big deal.
煤场案的调查变成了一桩要案
Been taken over by 7th Army Chief of Staff Gen. White.
已由第7军参谋长怀特上将接管
And the focus is on you.
调查重点在你身上
Me?
我
We're in a politically sensitive moment, Felix.
我们身处一个政♥治♥敏感时刻 菲利斯
Washington is concerned with the way it looks to the world.
华盛顿方面很关心 在全世界面前的形象
You are ordered to report to 7th Army Headquarters tomorrow at 09:00
你受命明天9点到第7军司令部报到
where the Army judge advocate will present the charges filed against you.
军法检察官会陈述对你提起的指控
I'm sorry, Felix.
我很遗憾 菲利斯
Yeah.
进来
Sir, the troops are ready to move out.
长官 部队已准备撤出
If you'd like me to stay, I... No, no.
-如果你希望我留下 我... -不用
Get going, Bruce. I'm okay.
你走吧 布鲁斯 我没事
It was an honor, sir.
很荣幸与你并肩作战 长官
Sir.
长官
If you ever need a driver back home, I'm your man.
回到老家 你需要司机就来找我
Be an honor, Corporal Kanuna.
很荣幸与你并肩作战 卡奴纳下士
You got it.
我一定找你
Okay!
好了
Let's get this show on the road.
咱们上路吧
Dearest Mary...
我最亲爱的玛丽
I never asked to be a leader of three divisions.
我从未要求领导三个师
The only thing I ever asked for was a rifle company in Oklahoma.
我只要求过 加入俄克拉荷马的一个步♥枪♥连
But when you start down a path...
但一旦走上了这条路
you never know where it will lead.
你永远不知道路会通往何方
Excuse me. I'm looking for Gen.xa0Gainer's office, 43?
不好意思 怎么去盖纳中将的43室
Thank you.
谢谢
Yes, sir.
是 长官
Col. Sparks.
斯巴克斯上校
This way, sir.
这边 长官
Colonel, you're formally charged in dereliction of your duty
上校 你作为美国陆军军官
as an officer in the United States Army,
因玩忽职守 导致17名手无寸铁的德国战俘死亡
leading to the deaths of 17 unarmed German prisoners of war.
而正式受到起诉
Details of your case have been investigated
你的案件已得到详尽调查
and the findings have reached the highest level of Army Command
调查结果已送到陆军司令部的最高层
and, for that reason, your case is going to be reviewed
因此你的案子将由
by the chief Army justice at Military Command.
陆军司令部的军事大♥法♥官进行审理
Sir, this is the first time I've been presented with these charges.
长官 这是我首次得知这些指控
If I may ex...
请容我解...
You'll have an opportunity to present your testimony
上校 明天的听证会上
tomorrow at the hearing, Colonel.
你会有机会提供证词
Report to Occupation Command HQ at 09:00, office 16♥4♥4.
早上9点到占领司令部16♥4♥4室报到
Dismissed.
解散
Col. Sparks?
斯巴克斯上校
Yes?
什么事
Your driver's here, sir.
你的司机到了 长官
I don't have a driver.
我没有司机
So, Gomez, after he brings you in, he's yelling at the major,
戈麦斯 他把你带进去后 对少校大吼道
"Get him in the operating room right now.
"马上送他进手术室
Otherwise, I'm gonna tear this place down."
不然我把这地方给拆了"
Yeah. Yeah, he would have too. Yeah.
-是啊 他也肯定说到做到 -嗯
He should be here.
他应该在这里
They all should.
他们都应该在这里
Hallowell...
哈洛韦尔
Cruz, Cloudfeather, Garcia.
克鲁斯 克劳德菲瑟 加西亚
Childers.
奇尔德斯
You remembered their names.
他们的名字 你都记得
I wrote a lot of letters.
我给他们家人写了很多信
Well, since they ain't here, it's my job to say this.
既然他们不在 这句话应该由我来说
You were the best leader we could have asked for.
你是我们能遇到的最好的领导
You came back to us when you could've gone home.
你原本可以回家 但回到了我们身边
Hell, you made us feel like men when others didn't.
其他人不把我们当人 而你让我们有人的尊严
Hell, you gave us a chance.
你给了我们一个机会
Especially me.
特别是我
I didn't give anybody anything.
我没给任何人任何东西
They earned it.
那是他们努力所得
Especially you.
特别是你
Sam...
萨姆
thanks.
谢谢
You ever get to Madison, Oklahoma, I'm easy to find.
你以后要是来了俄克拉荷马的麦迪逊 我可不难找到
Where were you going?
你本来是要去哪里
That day I stopped you outside Johnson's bar?
我在约翰逊酒吧前拦住你的那天
I was going to see a...
我本来要去见一个...
particular sergeant who had made my life miserable.
让我生活苦不堪言的下士
I was gonna kill him.
我本来打算杀了他
They'd have sent you to Leavenworth.
那你肯定会被押入莱文沃思军事监狱
Yeah.
是啊
Yeah, but I got made a sergeant instead.
是啊 但我晋升成了下士
Please take a seat. The general will be with you shortly.
请坐 上将很快会来
As you were.
不必多礼
I'm sorry, sir. I was ordered to...
抱歉 长官 我收到的命令是...
come and see the chief Army justice.
来见军事大♥法♥官
That would be me, Colonel. Sit.
我就是 上校 坐吧
Some office, isn't it?
办公室很气派 是吧
Used to belong to the publisher of Mein Kampf.
以前属于"我的奋斗"的出版商
Guess it pays to have a best seller.
看来畅销书赚钱不少
Col. Sparks, these are some serious charges against you.
斯巴克斯上校 你面对的这些指控非常严重
If I may, sir, I've not had the...
请容我说一句 长官 我还没有...
You were one of Charlie Ankcorn's boys in Sicily.
你曾是查理·安科恩在西西里的士兵
Yes, sir.
是的 长官
And fought at Salerno with Middleton.
跟米德尔顿在萨莱诺战斗过
Yes, sir.
是的 长官
Wounded.
受了伤
Evacuated to Algiers for surgery.
撤离到阿尔及尔做手术
Reclassified unfit for active combat.
被重新认定为不适合激烈战斗
Went AWOL and hijacked a B-17?
擅离职守 挟制了一架B-17轰炸机
I hitched a ride, sir.
我搭了顺风车 长官
Went back to Italy to join your men.
回到了位于意大利的你的手下身边
Anzio.
安齐奥