Via Anziate.
安齐亚提路
Your unit stopped that brilliant bastard Kesselring in his tracks.
你们小队阻挡了杰出的敌手凯塞林
Got the Presidential Unit Citation.
获得了总统集体嘉奖
My company did, sir.
获奖的是我的连 长官
Then Operation Dragoon.
之后是龙骑兵行动
Up through France into the Vosges.
进入法国 来到孚日山脉
Spit in Bob Frederick's face, did you?
啐了鲍勃·弗雷德里克 一脸唾沫 是吧
We had a disagreement, sir.
我们存在分歧 长官
Disagreement with superiors.
与上级存在分歧
I wouldn't know anything about that.
这一点倒很像我
Aschaffenburg. More bad business.
阿沙芬堡 更多的不愉快经历
And finally...
最后...
Dachau.
达豪
"On April 29, 1945 at approximately 09:30 hours,
"1945年4月29日约9点30分
men from Company I, 157th regiment...
157团I连的士兵
under the command of Lt. Col. Felix Sparks...
在菲利斯·斯巴克斯上校的指挥下
committed the premeditated murder...
蓄谋杀害了
of 17 unarmed German soldiers at Dachau concentration camp."
达豪集中营 17名手无寸铁的德国士兵"
Colonel, do you deny this shooting took place?
上校 你是否否认发生了枪击
No, sir. But my men were under extreme... It's not about your men, Colonel.
-不否认 长官 但我的士兵压力极... -无关你的士兵 上校
Were you in the coal yard during the shooting?
射击时 你是否在煤场
No, sir, but I was responsible...
不在 长官 但我有责任...
Did you give the orders to your men to open fire on those prisoners?
你是否下令让你的士兵对那些战俘开枪
No, sir, I did not.
没有 长官 我没有
But they are still my men.
但他们依然是我的士兵
Colonel, would you call me a hero?
上校 你觉得我是英雄吗
Of course, sir.
当然 长官
I've been a professional soldier nearly 37 years.
我身为职业军人 已经将近37年
Mexico...
墨西哥...
two world wars.
两次世界大战
During that time, I've seen a great deal of combat
在此期间 我见过不少战斗
and, like you, I've been wounded in the line of duty.
和你一样 我也曾因公负伤
But if you added together all the time I've spent within the sound of gunfire...
但如果把我和枪声在一起的时间 都加在一起
it would come to maybe 50 weeks.
也许是50周
350 days.
350天
You, on the other hand...
而你...
have spent over 500.
度过了500多天
Five hundred days.
500天啊
So, tell me....
所以 告诉我...
Who's the hero?
谁才是英雄
Go home, Felix.
回家吧 菲利斯
Go home.
回家吧
And don't let the scars ruin you.
别让伤疤毁了你
Dismissed.
解散
Dear Mary...
亲爱的玛丽
my life as a soldier is over.
我的军旅生涯结束了
After leaving Germany, they put me in charge of sending our troops home.
离开德国后 他们让我负责运送部队回家
I took the job literally and put myself on a ship.
我一字不差地照做 让自己上了船
When I get back, they will discharge me from Fort Bliss,
回国后 他们会让我在布利斯堡退伍
which is outside of El Paso, much closer to you.
就在埃尔帕索城外 离你近多了
Please meet me there.
跟我在那里见面吧
I can't wait to see our new son.
我迫不及待想见见我们新出生的儿子
But I need to see you first.
但我要先见见你
The war has changed me, Mary.
战争改变了我 玛丽
I have seen horrors inflicted by one human to another
我见过一个人对另一个人实施的
that are beyond all reason or explanation.
超出了一切理性或解释的恐怖行径
I have killed men.
我杀过人
And seen men killed.
也见过人被杀
And I have lived when others more deserving of life have perished.
我活了下来 而一些更值得活下来的人却逝去了
These experiences have made me a different man
这些经历让我已经变得不同于
than the one you married.
跟你成婚时的那个我
And perhaps one you'll no longer want.
也许你不会想要这样的我
But I hope you will.
但我希望你会接纳我
I pray you will.
我祈祷你会接纳我