但我绝不会容忍♥ 下属军官对我用这种语气
And neither would you.
你也不会容忍♥
Even if he's right.
哪怕他说得对
Yes, I knew those men were in a compromised position,
没错 我知道那些人处于不利位置
but they had to be there.
但他们不得不在那里
And I also knew that even though there was little chance to resupply them...
而且我也知道 虽然让他们获得补给的几率很小
you were their best hope.
但你是他们最大的希望
But those were my orders.
不过那是我收到的命令
And they were yours.
也是你收到的命令
And sometimes we get orders to do things that will haunt us.
有时候我们收到命令 去做一些未来会困扰我们的事
And this was one of those times.
这一次就是如此
Now, Major...
少校
do you have anything else to say to me?
还有什么要对我说的吗
No, sir.
没有 长官
Then return to your men.
那就回到你手下身边
I'll begin the paperwork for Sparks's court-martial immediately.
我立马开始准备 让斯巴克斯上军事法庭的文书
No, you won't. But, sir...
-不行 -但长官...
You're a good administrator, Bob.
你是很好的行政兵 鲍勃
And a pretty decent strategist,
也是位相当不错的军师
but I can replace you in an instant.
但随时有人可以替代你
Men like him...
而他那样的人...
are damn near impossible to find.
找起来犹如大海捞针
Let's go.
我们走
Dearest Mary...
我最亲爱的玛丽
it came on a cold day in January.
这一刻在一月份的一个寒日来临了
My breaking point.
我崩溃的一刻
First, I ignored it.
一开始 我无视了情绪
Then, I hid it.
之后 我隐藏了情绪
Now, I can't do either anymore.
现在我再也无法无视或隐藏了
I have only myself to blame for this.
这件事 我只能怪我自己
For letting myself believe that the sacrifice and death were over.
我让自己以为 牺牲和死亡都已经结束
I should have known that an enemy this strong
我本该知道 这样强劲的敌人
would fight for his homeland like I'd fight for mine.
肯定会像我守护家园一样 守护他们的家园
Tooth and nail for every yard.
每一寸土地都殊死作战
But I have no emotional reserves to fall back on.
但我现在没有任何情绪储备可以依赖
There have been too many deaths. Too long a war.
已经有太多人死亡 战争已持续太久
I need to remember what hope feels like.
我需要记起希望是什么感觉
And soon.
而且要尽快记起来
My God.
我的天