There's a river down there, the Caheesh.
那边有条河 卡西什河
Fishing any good?
有鱼钓吗
Of course.
当然
What's that?
什么
Gila trout.
吉拉鳟
It's the best in the world.
世上最好
Hallowell.
哈洛韦尔
Wilsall, Montana. Sheep country.
蒙大拿州威尔萨尔 牧羊的地方
What do you do about the wolves?
你们怎么对付狼
We shoot 'em.
开枪打死
You any good at that?
你厉害吗
I never miss.
从不打偏
Gomez.
戈麦斯
Who the hell gave you that?
谁给你留下的疤
My brother.
我兄弟
Shit, I don't want you. I want him.
妈呀 我不想要你 我想要他
Coldfoot.
科德福特
Private Samuel Coldfoot.
二等兵萨缪尔·科德福特
My name is Lt. Sparks.
我是斯巴克斯中尉
The fact that I'm talking to you in a jailhouse
现在我是在监狱里跟你们说话
tells me you didn't get on well with your previous COs.
说明你们跟自己的前任指挥官 相处不怎么好
Maybe you were told you're too stupid for this army.
也许有人对你们说 你们太笨 不适合这支部队
Maybe you were told you got a problem with authority or...
也许有人对你们说 你们不服从权威
maybe...
或者...
you were told you come from a race...
也许有人对你们说...
that's got no business wearing the uniform.
当兵不是你们的种族的事
Whatever you've been told doesn't mean shit to me.
无论之前他们对你们说了什么 我完全不在乎
What matters to me...
我看重的
is performance.
就是表现
There's a live fire test at the end of the week.
本周结束时有一场实弹演习
Pass it...
要是你们通过了
and you can enjoy a weekend of freedom.
那就能享受一个自♥由♥的周末
Forty-eight hours, not only outside this cage...
48个小时 不仅可以离开这个牢笼
but off-post.
还可以离开基地
But...
但是...
like everything else in life...
就跟人生的其他东西一样
this privilege must be earned.
这份待遇必须要靠你们争取
Now, if you feel
如果你觉得
that you and the US Army have reached the end of your journey together,
你和美国♥军♥队已经走到了尽头
do not waste my time.
那就不要浪费我的时间
Or anybody else's.
或者其他任何人的时间
But if you want the chance to prove
但如果你想有机会证明
that everything that every asshole ever said about you is wrong...
之前所有混♥蛋♥ 对你说的那些话都是错的...
you got two minutes to lace up and join me outside.
那就整理衣装 两分钟后到外面见我
Shall we give them another minute, sir?
要再给他们一分钟吗 长官
No.
不用了
It doesn't take another minute to figure this out.
不用再等一分钟也明白了
Lock 'em back up.
把他们重新关起来
Who's missing?
还差谁
Only Coldfoot, sir.
只差科德福特 长官
All right, Corporal.
好的 下士
Line 'em up. Were you bullshitting me
-让他们列队 -你刚刚是在哄骗我
or can you really get us off-post?
还是真能让我们离开基地
Only if the whole group passes.
只有整个团队都通过才行
J Company, attention!
J连 立正
Marks.
马科斯
Sir?
长官
What's the story with Coldfoot? What story, sir?
-科德福特是什么情况 -你指什么 长官
He's been in the Army over three years. Why is he still a private?
他参军三年多了 怎么还是二等兵
Coldfoot got demoted, sir.
科德福特被降级了 长官
He used to be corporal. Up for a promotion to sergeant.
他曾是下士 有资格晋升为中士
What happened?
发生什么事了
He got turned down.
他被拒绝了
He blamed some NCOs,
他责怪了一些军士
and it ended in a big fight.
结果大打了一架
The colonel...
上校...
busted him down to private.
把他降级为二等兵
He got in a fight because he was denied promotion?
他因为晋升失败就跟人打架
It was his third rejection, sir.
那是他第三次被拒绝了 长官
Coldfoot is an Indian with pride, Lieutenant.
科德福特是个 很有自尊心的印第安人 中尉
It's... it's not a very "healthy combination around here.
在这里 印第安人有自尊心不是好事
No wonder you feather-heads lost all your land.
怪不得你们这些羽毛土著人 丢掉了所有土地
Here I thought it was 'cause you couldn't hold your liquor.
我本来以为是因为你们酒量不行
But all this time, it was 'cause you couldn't shoot worth a fuck.
但这段时间我明白了 那是因为你们枪法跟屎一样
What mojado taught you to fire a gun, Gomez?
是哪个湿背佬教你打枪的 戈麦斯
Was it your melon-pickin' mother?
是你那在地里摘瓜的妈妈吗
You got a problem with something, boy?
你有什么意见吗 小子
Well...
好啊...
will you look who's back, boys?
看看这是谁回来了
It's Corporal... I mean, Private Chillyfoot.
下士... 我是说 二等兵缺德福特
I thought we got rid of you, prairie nigger.
我还以为 我们已经摆脱你了呢 土著佬
Trust me, it is just a matter of time...
相信我 这只是时间问题...
Master Sergeant, can my men get a little more of your instruction
军士长 你能不能给我的人多点指导
and a little less of your commentary?
少一点评论
Beggin' your pardon, sir.
不好意思 长官
I forgot you're new around here.
我忘了你是新来的了
See, this here is my firing range.
这里是我的靶场
That means when your men step onto my range,
也就是说 你的人进入了我的靶场
they become my men.
那就归我来管
That's funny, Sergeant, 'cause the way I see it is...
有意思了 军士长 因为在我看来
when I bring my men onto your range...
我把我的人带到你的靶场
you become their instructor.
你就变成了他们的指导老师
So far, all they've gotten from you
到目前为止他们也就只听到
is a dissertation on their diets
你长篇大论谈他们的饮食
and the sexual habits of their mothers, so...
还有他们母亲的性习惯
how about doing a little work?
做点正事行不行
See, now,
听着
where I come from,
以我的习惯
a man don't toss words around like that...
一个人要说出这种话
unless he's willing to back them up.
就得愿意用行动来支持
What goes on behind that shed
那件小屋后面无论发生什么
stays behind that shed.
都不准外传
Very well, Sergeant.
很好 军士长
Lead on.
带路吧
You'd better start thinking
你最好开始想想
how you're gonna explain these bruises, sir.
要怎么解释你身上的淤青吧
What bruises?
什么淤青
Fair warning, boys. You go back there, you'll have company.
提醒一句 各位 要是你们去到屋后 我们也会去
He still alive?
他还活着吧
Barely.
还剩一口气
Good.
很好
I was wondering how I was gonna explain that.
我还在想要怎么解释呢
Shall we pick up where we left off, gentlemen?
我们继续练习吧 各位
Attention!
立正
Good work, Lieutenant.
干得不错 中尉
Best scores of any group. Thank you, sir.
-所有团队当中最高分 -谢谢 长官
We credit the master sergeant with our success.
我们的成功要归功于军士长
Excellent work, Master Sergeant.
非常不错 军士长
Sorry to hear about your little accident.
很遗憾听到你发生了小意外
Bring in the next group. Yes, sir.
-带下一团队进来 -是 长官
Come in.
请进
There's a problem with Coldfoot. He's going into town.
科德福特有问题 他要进城了
Yeah, he's got a pass. It's where he's going that's a problem.
-没事 他得到了准许 -问题在于他要去的地方
Whatever you're planning...
无论你在打算些什么
don't.
都不要去做
They'll only call the MPs, have you thrown in jail.
他们只会把宪兵叫来 把你扔进监狱
What'll that prove?
那样又能证明什么
That nothing in this army leads to anything good.
证明这支军队里就没什么好事
That's not true.
那不是事实
What if I told you I'd put you up for sergeant this week?
要是我说下周让你准备晋升中士呢