No offense, Lieutenant, but I've been up for sergeant before.
恕我直言 中尉 但我之前已有过晋升中士的资格
You wait and wait and then they give you an excuse and tell you no.
一直等一直等 然后他们给个借口就拒绝了
I ain't waiting anymore. You don't have to.
-我再也不要等了 -你不必等
Get in the car, Sergeant Coldfoot.
上车 科德福特中士
Is that your wife, Captain?
上尉 那是你妻子
Yeah.
是啊
Lucky man.
你真幸运
On a lot of fronts.
许多方面都很幸运
The shrapnel went through your abdomen and sliced open your liver.
弹片刺穿了你的腹部 割开了你的肝脏
You wanna tell me what the lucky part is?
你要告诉我这哪里幸运吗
You should be dead.
你本来应该没命了
Quick action by your men saved your life.
你手下的迅速行动救了你的命
If you ever see them again,
要是你再见到他们
I suggest taking them out for a steak dinner.
我建议你请他们吃牛排大餐
Speaking of seeing them...
说到见他们...
when do I go back to Italy?
我什么时候回意大利
Maybe after the war.
也许战后吧
Your combat days are over, Captain.
你的战斗时日已经结束 上尉
Next stop for you is home.
你的下一站是回家
Congratulations, Captain. You've got a million-dollar wound.
恭喜你 上尉 你这伤口犹如中了百万彩票
Italy, 1944.
意大利 1944年
With winter setting in, the fighting south of Rome continues.
冬天来临 罗马南边的战况继续
Allied troops are dug in, waiting for the next German counterattack,
同盟国部队掘壕固守 等待德军下一次反击
which is expected any day.
每天都有这种可能
The going is tough, but so are our boys.
战况艰难 但我们的战士也不弱
Ask any one of them and they'll tell you
随便问问其中一位战士 他们都会说
it'll take a lot more than a little rain and mud
一点点雨水 一点点泥泞
to get these GI Joes down.
远远无法打倒这些美国大兵
I need transportation, Captain.
我需要交通运输 上尉
I'm not that damn particular. You'll do.
我这人不挑剔 你就行了
Okay, now that you've seen it...
好吧 既然你都看到了...
I'm thirsty. Let's get a drink.
我口渴了 咱们去喝一杯吧
It happened a week after you were wounded.
这是你受伤一周后发生的事
My Jeep hit a mine.
我的吉普车压了地雷
It threw me 20 feet in the air, took off everything below the knee.
把我在空中抛出六米多 膝盖以下都废了
Congratulations on your stars, sir.
恭喜您晋升将官 长官
Thank you.
谢谢
Truth is, Felix...
事实上 菲利斯...
in this war, getting promoted is easy.
在这场战争里 晋升很容易
The hard part is staying alive.
难的是活下来
Any news on the 157?
157团有什么消息吗
They're stuck on the Gustav Line south of Cassino.
他们困在古斯塔夫防线上 卡辛诺山南边
It's cold, wet and shitty. They're hangin' tough.
又冷又湿 环境恶劣 他们顽强不屈
Who'd you send in for me?
你派谁顶替我了
Kettleman.
凯特曼
He's a good soldier.
他是个好兵
He's not you, but he's okay.
虽然比不上你 但也还行
When are they, sending you home, sir?
他们什么时候送你回家 长官
Next week.
下周
I was going to offer to take any letters back for you,
我本来想着可以帮你带信回去
but I hear that won't be necessary.
但我听说没那个必要了
You're right after me.
你在我之后马上会回去
Yeah.
是啊
Don't act excited or anything.
别表现出激动什么的
I know this sounds crazy.
我知道这听起来很疯狂
I feel I should be in Italy. I oughta be with my men.
我觉得我应当在意大利 应该在我的手下身边
Go home, Felix. Go home to Mary.
回家吧 菲利斯 回到玛丽身边
See your son, raise more babies.
看看你的儿子 养育更多宝宝
You've done your duty.
你已经履行了你的职责
Safe travels, sir.
一路平安 长官
See you back home, Felix.
祖国见 菲利斯
No, no. I'll get it.
My dearest Mary...
我最亲爱的玛丽
I've never been a good letter writer, so...
我从来都不大会写信
I don't know if I can explain this.
所以不知道我能否解释清楚
Hell, I'm not sure I can explain it even to myself.
我都不确定能否对自己解释清楚
When I left you to come over here,
在我离开你 来到这里时
I was scared of losing you.
我很害怕失去你
Scared of not coming back.
害怕自己回不去
Scared of dying.
害怕死亡
I'm not scared anymore.
我现在不再怕了
Sir?
长官
There's an Army captain out there.
外面有一位陆军上尉
He wants to hitch a ride back to Italy.
他想让我们顺便载他回意大利
I guess the only way to explain my decision
我猜我这个决定唯一的解释
is that it isn't my time to come home yet.
就是现在还不到我回家的时候吧
Captain, what are you doing?
上尉 你做什么
What's it look like I'm doing, Doc?
你觉得呢 医生
You're not ready for discharge.
你还不能出院
You walk out of here, Captain, you'll be AWOL.
上尉 你走出这里就算是擅离职守
Take care, kid. Captain!
-保重 孩子 -上尉
I know you want me home.
我知道你想让我回家
Make no mistake, I wanna be home.
不要误会 我也想回家
Desperately.
急切地想回家
I wanna hold my son in my arms
我想把我的儿子抱在怀里
and lay with you on a quiet desert night beneath the stars.
在夜晚的星空下 和你一起躺在静静的沙漠里
But I owe something to a group of men.
但我对一群人有所亏欠
Men who...
这群人...
before the war...
在战前
I'd probably never have known,
我大概永远都不会认识
and now I know as well as I know myself.
但现在我对他们就像对自己一样了解
If I came home, I could never live with myself,
我知道我欠他们 要是视而不见 现在回家的话
knowing I owed a debt to them and ignored it.
我永远都不会原谅自己
So I have to complete this journey I've started.
所以我必须完成 我已经开始的这段旅程
I cannot quit.
我不能退
Anything less would leave a hole in my conscience
否则我的良心会留下一个洞
that I could never repair.
永远无法修复
Capt. Sparks, 157th Regiment, 2nd Battalion.
斯巴克斯上尉 157团2营
Orders, Captain.
命令单 上尉
I was just released from a hospital in North Africa, sir.
我刚刚从北非一家医院出来 长官
I was hoping to be reassigned to my old company.
我希望能重新分配到之前的连
What happened to your orders, Captain?
你的命令单呢 上尉
I didn't like 'em, sir.
我不喜欢那份命令 长官
They were to send me home.
命令让我回家
Mary, I don't expect you to understand.
玛丽 我不指望你能理解
I'm having a hard time understanding it myself.
我自己都难以理解
But I have never been more sure of anything in my life
但我人生中从未有过如此肯定的感觉
and I have to trust that.
我必须信任这种感觉
So, please...
所以...
my darling Mary...
亲爱的玛丽...
my dearest wife...
我最挚爱的妻子...
forgive me.
请原谅我
Get back to your foxhole, soldier. That's an order.
回你的散兵坑 士兵 这是命令
Dios mio, it's the captain.
天啊 是上尉
What are you looking at, Sergeant?
中士 你看什么呢
Give me your report.
给我报告下情况