Now he sends you Rainsborough and Cromwell,
"就像约书亚和基甸"
like Joshua and Gideon
"用血与火湮灭你们"
to drown you in fire and blood.
你们打碎了国王的心
You broke a King's heart.
也杀了些无辜的人 夫人
And killed some innocents too, madam.
我的手已经沾了血
My hands are stained in blood.
真成约书亚了
A Joshua indeed.
我听说您的家人都去新大♥陆♥了 上校
I've heard that all of your family is in the New World, Colonel.
我母亲 我弟弟 还有我的姐♥妹♥们♥
My mother, my brother, and my sisters.
可您的夫人不在?
But not your wife then?
这场纷争不平息 我便不娶妻
I will have no wife until this quarrel be over.
您要怎么平息这纷争呢?
And how would you settle the quarrel?
将英格兰变成共和国
By making England a republic.
要是英格兰想要查尔斯·斯图亚特复位呢
And if England wants Charles Stuart on his throne again?
那我就将英格兰留给它的国王
Then I will leave England to its King
搬去麻萨诸塞
and go to Massachusetts.
在那里找一位妻子
And find me a wife there.
要找怎样的人呢 上校?
And what shall she be, Colonel?
找一位生而自♥由♥ 信仰自♥由♥的
Such a one as lives and worships in freedom.
懂得如何真正爱一个男人 并且被爱
One that knows how to truly love a man and be loved.
对了 还要美丽
Oh, and beautiful.
英格兰就没有吗?
None such in England then?
不 我不会娶英国妻子 夫人
No, I would not have an English wife, madam.
我不要那种懵懵懂懂的洋娃娃
Not a painted child that knows nothing
脑子里满是一千年的特权
but a thousand years of privilege
还管那叫"血统"或"礼教"
and calls it "breeding" or "manners".
管顺从叫"义务"
Calls submission "duty"
一心只会侍奉男人 给他传宗接代
and lives only to please a man and pass on his property to his sons.
我要找一个自♥由♥的灵魂 夫人
I will a have a free spirit, madam.
还要加上美貌 先生
All this and beautiful too.
这么理想的人难找呢
I fear you will not find this paragon.
我不必去找她
I need not find her.
我相信她自会找到我
For I believe she will find me.
您不说话吗?
Will you not speak?
您不怕听到我声音中一千年的特权吗?
Might you not hear a thousand years of privilege in my voice?
也许有一两百年吧
Perhaps a hundred or two.
克伦威尔将军召见你
General Cromwell wishes to see you.
亲爱的约翰还好吗?
How is dear John?
将军 我见到他时还好
Well, General, when I saw him.
就一个终日与老鼠为伴的人来说
For a man with rats for bedfellows.
是议会下令关押他的 我不能赦他出来
He is there by order of Parliament. I cannot pluck him out.
您能赦我出来
You plucked me out.
你在金内顿和马斯顿英勇地与我并肩作战
You fought bravely by my side at Kineton and at Marston.
正直的约翰也是
As did Honest John.
还有后来在内斯比
And at Naseby thereafter.
把查尔斯·斯图亚特赶下了王座 不是吗?
Where Charles Stuart lost his throne, did he not?
他只是失势了 爱德华
He lost his power, Edward.
可他还是国王
But he is King still
谁掌握他 就掌握了我们的命运
and whoever has him has our destiny in his grip.
苏格兰人把他出♥卖♥♥♥给了议会
The Scotch have sold him to Parliament,
议会把他安置在北安普敦
and Parliament have him sitting in Northamptonshire.
如果我们的军队抓住他
And if the army were to seize him,
势力就会大增
the army would hold sway.
那就把他揪出北安普敦 将军
Then pluck him out of Northamptonshire, General.
这我办不到
That I may not do.
不过其它人可以
But other men might.
牛津郡有个女人
There is a woman in Oxfordshire.
她的真名不为正派人所知
Her true name is not known to God-fearing men.
她号♥称魔鬼的妓♥女♥
She is known as the Devil's Whore.
我以性命发誓 将军 这女人就是邪恶的化身
Upon my life, General, this woman is the epitome of wickedness.
真的 若利夫先生?
Truly, Master Joliffe?
邪恶以何种方式显形呢?
What form does this wickedness take?
淫欲 先生
Lechery, sir.
她人尽可夫
She consorts with men.
我问你 军队又该拿这怎么办?
And what, I pray you, should the army do about that?
她是魔鬼派来的
She is sent from the devil!
我必须坦白 先生
I must confess, sir.
坦白?
Confess?
对 坦白
Aye, confess.
我不喜欢闷不作声
I don't want to be silent.
她如此放荡成性是有企图的 先生
Her licentiousness has a purpose, sir.
这企图便是打劫 谋杀
That purpose is robbery and murder.
她...
She...
利用她的...
uses her...
脸蛋...
face...
俘获男人
To trap men.
嗯...
Well...
确实邪恶啊
Wickedness indeed.
议会要您派一队人马给我
The Parliament require you to make a troop available to me
去抓捕这个女人
to search out and take this woman.
我的美洲
My America.
我的新大♥陆♥
My Newfoundland.
爱德华
Edward.
还没死呢?
Still not dead, then?
没有 夫人 看来我命不该绝
No, my Lady, it seems I must live.
我从将军那里捎来了消息 先生
I bring a message from the General, sir.
我先走吧
I'll leave you.
不 不要 呆在这听着
No, never. Stay and listen.
他的眼线到处都是
He has eyes everywhere.
相信我们这些人拉泡屎 奥利佛都一清二楚
I believe not a one of us moves his bowels without Oliver senses it.
恳请您原谅 夫人
Craving your pardon, my Lady.
没关系
Given.
他希望把国王逮捕 送到军中
He wants the King taken and delivered to the Army
但却不肯亲自下命令
but he would not give the order.
没错
Aye.
他宁可我来做这些
He would rather I did it.
无论谁开口 都会面临议会的谴责报复
Whoever does it, risks the wrath of the Parliament.
而这件事非办不可
And yet it should be done.
那就这么办吧
It shall be done, then.
您不必操心了
Think no more on it.
我来承担一切风险
I will risk all in the cause.
别担心 他们不会伤害我
Fear not, they will not harm me.
没有我这国家就彻底毁掉了
The country would fall to utter ruin without me.
有何贵干?
Your business?
陛下 我们要带您去一个安全的地方
Sire. We have come to take you into safe-keeping.
谁授权你带走一位国王?
On whose authority do you come to take away a King?
相当有力的授权
It is a very good authority.
奥利佛绝不会罢黜他
Oliver will never strike him down.
他不愿作为打倒国王的人留名青史
He would not be remembered as the man who threw over the King.
内心深处
Deep down,
奥利佛相信那个良好古老的政♥权♥体制
Oliver believes in the good old frame of government.
旧瓶装新酒?
The cloth that went before cut to a different style?
权力依旧 等级依旧 国土依旧
Authority where it was, rank where it was, land where it was.
女人们被送回家依旧做那个无言的贤妻
And the women sent home again to be silent wives
作丈夫的附属
in harness to their husbands.
作产业的附属
In harness to property.
未来有两条岔路 托马斯
There are two roads to the future, Thomas.
平等派将士会追随你那条
The Leveller regiments will follow yours.
到时候奥利佛怎么办?
Then what will Oliver do?
而如果此路不通 托马斯·雷恩巴勒又会怎么做?
And what will Thomas Rainsborough do if the road is blocked?
我会成为美洲人
I will become an American.
就像我妻子
Like my wife.
您发誓说没有娶妻的 先生
You swore you had no wife, sir.
哦 我现在打算娶一个
Oh, I mean to have one.
如果她愿意的话
If she will have me.
上校
Colonel!
呆着别动
Stay.
我待会儿回来要我的答案
I will return for my answer.
上校 我没听到你的问题
Colonel, I heard not your question.
你愿意做我的妻子吗?
Will you be my wife?
上校 议会来人了