Colonel! Parliament men!
怎样?
Well?
等你忙完正事再来找答案吧
Come and find your answer when duty allows.
您不必操心 上校
This need not concern you, Colonel,
只不过要通知您的卫队
except your garrison will need to know of
我们会在您的管区行动
our presence in your area.
你带领一队人马就为了找一个偷你钱袋的女人?
You bring a troop of horse to seek a woman who stole your purse?
往下读 先生 她杀了我的好友
Read further, sir. She murdered my dear friend.
还是那句话 先生 您不必担心
Though, again, sir, it need not concern you.
我当然担心 议会认为军队
It concerns me that the Parliament thinks the Army
无正事可干
has no more pressing task to perform
要去给那些让别人流血牺牲
than to indulge the grudges of wealthy men who
自己在家享清福的有钱人看家护院
stayed at home growing their bellies while others bled to death.
安吉丽卡·范肖夫人
My Lady Angelica Fanshawe.
这里的女主人
The mistress of this house.
啊 范肖夫人
Ah, my Lady Fanshawe.
若利夫先生位居议会
Master Joliffe sits in the Parliament
关照民众疾苦
tending the nation's wounds.
他正要走
He is leaving.
很荣幸认识您 夫人
A delight to meet you, madam.
不过 我发誓我以前见过您
And yet, I swear I have looked upon your face before.
也许是在王宫?
At court, perhaps?
当然 是在王宫
Of course. In the court.
我不会忘记这样的面孔
I never could forget such a face.
永远不会
And I never will.
再会 夫人
Farewell, Madam.
上校
Colonel.
这些寄生虫不除 国无宁日
Nothing will go well till these leeches are purged.
他来做什么?
What was his business?
找个荡♥妇♥的麻烦 他一心想绞死她
To persecute some whore. He means to have her hanged.
我的答案 夫人?
My answer, Madam?
你看见他了吗?
Do you see him?
看见谁?
See who?
你没看见?
You do not see him?!
我不能嫁给你
I cannot marry you.
我们没有将来 只有过去
There is no future. There is only the past.
议会大清洗?
Purge of Parliament?
有人被踢出去 有人被留下来
Some thrown out, some kept in.
不 我不支持
No, I cannot support it.
他们都是些吸血鬼
They are bloodsuckers.
一剑斩断他们 我们重获新生
One sweep of the sword and they are gone. We begin anew.
啊 新的选举?
Ah. A new election?
不 我们知道谁是虔诚的
No. We know who the godly men are,
谁会效忠英格兰 留下他们
the men who want the best for England. Let them remain.
没有选举?
No election?
没有
No.
为什么没有选举?
Why no election?
约翰 这个国家已经元气大伤
John, the country is half-ruined.
西北部正闹饥荒
There is famine in the north and west.
腐♥败♥垄断肆意横行
Corrupt monopolies flourish.
我们必须胁迫议会改革
We must force Parliament to reform.
我们需要正直的约翰·李尔本的支持
We need the support of Honest John Lilburne.
看在上帝份上 约翰
In God's name, John,
我们要清扫的是下令让你在这烂掉的人
we want to purge the men whose warrant keeps you rotting here!
为什么不选举?
Why no election?
因为国民会选择国王的人
Because the country will vote for the King's men!
而你将会在这老鼠窝里化为尘土
And you will turn to dust in this rat-infested hole
你的妻小则会饿死在街边的臭水沟中
and your wife and children will starve in a gutter!
不过我错了 当然
But I mistake, of course,
事实是这世上最让
for in truth, there is no more comfortable
约翰·李尔本自在的地方 莫过于监狱了
place on earth for John Lilburne than a prison cell!
藏在这里 他就不用考虑
Where he is spared the trouble of considering
政♥府♥中已然根深蒂固的问题
the full-grown problems of governance
而非自♥由♥和真理孕育中的孩子
and not the unborn children of liberty and truth.
它们可能永远躺在子♥宫♥之中 如果我们无法打造一个
Which will lie forever in the womb if we cannot make a world
令其安身的世界
into which they may be brought!
自在?
Comfortable?
想一想 约翰 一个净化的议会
Think, John, a purged Parliament
法律很快就能同意不许任何人收入
and a law quickly passed by which no man will have an income
一年超过2000块 伯爵公爵都包括在内
above 2,000 a year, not even Earls and Dukes.
凭什么提出这样的法律?
By what authority would a law such as that be brought in?
就凭这个
By this authority.
眼下英格兰只有这个算数 你应该清楚
For there is none now else in England, I think you know.
先生 您走后大约半天
Sir. Within half a day of your departure,
范肖夫人被捕了
Mistress Fanshawe was arrested.
她被控抢劫和谋杀
She's charged with robbery and murder.
他们要绞死我
They will hang me!
谎言不会绞死你
Lies cannot hang you.
这是冲我来的 还会是什么?
This was done to attack me, why else?
托马斯 借一步说话
Thomas, a word.
你一定不能告诉他
You must not tell him.
我杀死了一个贼
I killed a thief.
他不会理解吗?
Will he not understand?
不 他不会 他是托马斯·雷恩巴勒
No, he will not. He is Thomas Rainsborough,
不是爱德华·塞斯比
not Edward Sexby.
那他会听到我被法庭定罪了
Then he will hear me condemned in court.
伊丽莎白会留下陪你
Elizabeth will stay with you.
让我去拜访一下若利夫先生
Let me pay a visit to Master Joliffe.
让我当着他妻女的面质问他
Let me ask him in front of his wife and daughter,
他是如何认识这位牛津荡♥妇♥的
how he came to meet this Oxford whore.
让他说他的谎言吧 爱德华 事实会自己站出来的
Let him tell his lies, Edward, the truth will out.
安吉丽卡 你想说什么?
Angelica, you wanted to speak?
没有
No.
范肖夫人 你被指控如下罪行
Mistress Fanshawe, the charges against you are as follows -
我主纪年16♥4♥6年 你残忍♥地杀害了
In the year of our Lord, 16♥4♥6, you did most cruelly murder
粮食商人钱宁先生
the corn merchant, Master Chimney.
而后伙同他人在威萨姆森林
And that with diverse others in Wytham Woods,
袭击并抢劫了若利夫先生
you did attack and rob Master Joliffe.
加之你还是臭名昭著的魔鬼的荡♥妇♥
And that you are the notorious felon known as, The Devil's Whore.
你对此审判有何异议?
What is your answer to these charges?
我不是荡♥妇♥...
That I am no whore...
骗子 荡♥妇♥
Liar! Whore!
绞死她 ..从来不是
Hang her! ..And never was!
如果你父亲仍不对这案子罢休
If your father continues with this case,
你的人头便会随你的头发落下
your head will follow your hair.
下面审查呈堂证供
We will proceed to the evidence.
若利夫先生
Master Joliffe...
若利夫先生 请你上前来陈词
Master Joliffe, will you come forward and give your account?
我...认错人了
I...mistook.
这不是抢劫我的妇人
This is not the woman who robbed me.
那妇人乃是我在牛津光顾过很多次的婊♥子♥
That woman was a whore I used many times in Oxford.
我以基♥督♥的血起誓
All this I swear...on the blood of Christ.
释放犯人
Release the prisoner.
我恳求你的宽恕
I ask your forgiveness.
在狱中有一刹那 怀疑占据了我的心
For a while in the prison, a doubt crept into me...
不 托马斯 我杀了一个人
No, Thomas. I killed a man
他要我以荣誉偿还他的鸽子馅饼 我...
who wanted my honour for pigeon pie. I was...
没有过去
There is no past.
只有未来
Only the future.
还有件事情我要告诉你
There is something more I must tell you.
我怀孕了
I am with child.
快速解决
A speedy settlement.
我将会尽快向议会提交动议
I will bring forward new proposals to the Parliament soon.
陛下 得到你的承诺 我满心欢喜
Your Majesty, my heart is filled with joy to hear that promise.
蒙受陛下厚爱
But I must tell His Majesty
我还要禀告一事
from the love that I bear Your Majesty,
军队中有些人担心不已
and ever will, there are some in the army that are put to worry
他们听说了很多传言
by the many rumours that His Majesty
说陛下将寻求苏格兰军队的调停
yet seeks an intervention from the Scottish force.
不 不 不 不
No, no, no, no.
不