这是您的儿子 先生
Here is your son, sir.
如果他没还我自♥由♥
If he frees me not,
那你们怎么可能来?
then by what means are you come here?
他病了 把孩子带走
He is ill. Take the boy.
过来 孩子
Come here, boy.
看看 看看你被遗弃的父亲
Behold! Behold your abandoned father!
我没禁止过你去向暴君求情吗?
Did I not forbid that you should ask the tyrant any favour?
是我求的他 约翰
I asked him, John.
我不认识你 夫人
I don't know who you are, madam.
我不认识这个孩子 我没有儿子
I don't know this boy child. I have no son.
我只知道
I know only this.
这个我曾深爱的女人
The woman I formerly loved.
这个你"曾深爱"的女人
The woman that you "formerly loved",
毫不犹豫就献出了自己的人生
gave her life without question
对她"享受苦行"的男人从无怨言
or complaint to a man "In love with a crown of thorns"!
想想吧 先生
Think, sir,
如果不是爱着一个日复一日
what I might have been had I not loved a man
把自己钉上自♥由♥的十字架的人 我会是怎样?
who each new day nailed himself to the cross of freedom.
如今这自♥由♥又在哪呢 先生?
And where is that freedom now, sir?
这又何曾是我的自♥由♥?
And where was that freedom ever for me?
约翰 我不能带纸笔给你
John, I couldn't bring you pen and paper.
我怕你再拿起笔 他们会处决你的
I feared they might execute you if you took up the pen.
我一辈子都在恐惧这个
I have feared that all our lives.
无所谓了 伊丽莎白
No matter now, Beth.
全都错了
It was all mistaken.
什么错了 约翰?
What was mistaken, John?
我们想改造俗世
To change the temporal world.
其实身后的世界才是最重要的
All that matters is what waits for us.
伊丽莎白 他在说胡话
Elizabeth, he knows not what he says.
我很清醒 夫人
Indeed I do, madam.
等我自♥由♥了 我要拿起十字架
When I am free, I will take up my cross.
我会钉死我的骄傲
I will crucify the pride in me.
我会劝奥利佛也这么做
I will tell Oliver do the same.
我对他说不出口
I cannot tell him.
说不出口
Cannot tell me?
说不出口什么 夫人?
Cannot tell me what, madam?
尽管他会继续自称"护国公"
Though he will call himself Lord Protector still,
奥利佛要登基当国王了
Oliver is to be King.
原谅我
Forgive me.
原谅什么?
For what?
一切
All.
只要我一息尚存
Until the last of my days,
我最大的骄傲永远是
my proudest boast will ever be
我是自♥由♥人约翰·李尔本的妻子
that I was the wife of Freeborn John Lilburne.
抬过来
Bring him!
快点 先生们
Hurry, sirs.
放下去
Put him in.
这里安息着自♥由♥人...
Here lies Freeborn...
不许致悼词
No speeches.
我宁死也不允许你封她的口
I will be damned before I will let you silence her!
你脚下是我的土地
This is my land you're standing on.
夫人 上级有令不许致悼词
Madam, I was told no speeches.
把活干完吧 先生们
To your work, sirs.
你们回家去吧
And you to your homes.
我以为我失去你了
I thought I had lost you.
还没有呢
Not yet.
好心的先生
Good sir.
当世界开始颠倒
When the world began its turning,
我未曾料到我也会如此脱胎换骨
I little thought I would be turned so utterly.
我也没有
Nor I.
来吧
Come.
我的爱人
Mistress mine.
清晨第一眼
First peep.
天刚泛白
The dark is clearing...
就像我最初看到的雾气升腾的水面
like mist uprising from the water land where I began.
"哥儿爱姐儿"
Jack has his Jill.
"两两无参差" (仲夏夜之梦)
Then naught shall go ill.
塞斯比 你回来干什么来了?
Sexby, why have you come back?
刺杀国王
To kill the King.
每个小学生都将学到爱德华·塞斯比的名字
Every schoolboy will learn the name of Edward Sexby.
他为英格兰解脱了枷锁
That he set England free of its chains.
我也会自♥由♥
And I will be free.
你要寻找什么呢?
What is it you look for?
什么也不要 夫人
Nothing, madam.
可我以生命发誓 我真的爱你
But I swear on my life that I do love thee.
那就罢手吧
Then give this up...
和我一起去新大♥陆♥
..and come with me to the New World.
你一定要过你心所向的生活
You must have the life you choose.
恐怕你我终将分道扬镳了
I fear my ending will not be yours.
一切都得以鲜血了结吗?
Must all end in blood?
对
Aye...
一切都得以鲜血了结
..all must end in blood.
一周之后
One week hence,
奥利佛登基之日 在海边等我
on the day of Oliver's glory, wait for me at the sea.
如果教堂钟声敲响 欢迎英格兰新的国王
If the parish bells welcome England's new King,
就不用指望再见我了
think not to see me again.
我不会苟且偷生的
I will not be given to the butchers.
那一天将会震撼世界 夫人
That day will shake the world, madam.
一切流血牺牲都将有个交待
And all the blood will not have been in vain.
你懂我吗 安吉丽卡?
Do you know me, Angelica?
懂 爱德华
Aye, Edward.
你就是你自己
You are yourself.
如今我们很多人
There are many now among us
都称他为叛徒和暴君
who see him as a traitor and a tyrant.
无论谁得手 整个国家都会感谢他
He will get the nation's thanks, if he does this.
就是这里了 先生
This is your place, sir.
走到这里我会绊住我的马腿
Here I will make my horse seem lame.
他的马车就得停下来
His carriage will have to stop.
各位早安
Good morrow to you.
早安 陛下
Good morrow, Your Highness.
不
Nay.
让我再做一阵老奥利佛吧
Let me be Old Noll a few hours more.
图普
Toop?
今天你为我开道
Today you ride before me.
我也为你开过一回道 记得吗?
I recall a time I rode before you, do you remember?
在金内顿战役 大人
At Kineton fight, My Lord.
英勇的一战
It was a brave fight.
对 大人
Aye, My Lord.
我记得
I remember.
我清楚记得你
I remember you well.
你不是随我救下了
Did you not fight near me
正直的约翰和他的骑兵吗?
when we saved Honest John and his dragoon?
确实是随着您 大人
Very near, My Lord.
你还记得战场上的自♥由♥人约翰吗?
Do you remember Free Born John? How he fought...
殊死搏斗 决不罢休
until he was one heartbeat away from paradise.
我夺走了他壮烈牺牲的机会
I robbed him of a martyr's death
他一直没有原谅我
and he never forgave me.
我每夜都记得约翰·李尔本祈祷 大人
I remember John Lilburne every night in my prayers, My Lord.
我也是 图普
As do I, Toop.
你料到过会有这一天吗?
Did you ever think this day would come?
没有
No...
大人 我没料到
My Lord, I did not.
克伦威尔驾到
Cromwell comes!
为护国公让路
Clear a way for the lord protector!
愿上帝宽恕我
May God forgive me.
大人 我不能带您朝前走了
My Lord, I cannot let you proceed any further.
上帝保佑护国公
God save the Lord Protector!
陛下万岁 上帝保佑护国公
Long live his Highness! God save the Lord Protector!
上帝保佑护国公
God save the Lord Protector!
塞斯比死的那天
'On the day Sexby died,