爱德华 你懂这些的
Come, Edward, all this you know.
别挡着我的路
Stand out of my way.
是你下令谋害托马斯·雷恩巴勒的吗?
Did you order the murder of Thomas Rainsborough?
塞斯比 不要
Sexby, no!
他不舒服 大人 他在发热呢 他病了
He is unwell, my Lord. His brain is hot, he is sick,
他永远是阁下您忠心的仆人
he is ever your Lordship's loving servant.
别伤他一根毫毛
Hurt not a hair on his head.
他与我亲如手足
He was a brother to me.
带他去海岸 驱逐出英国
Take him to the coast and put him out of England tonight.
塞斯比 如果你再回来 我会绞死你的
Sexby, if you return ever, I will have you hanged.
走吧
Away.
再会 夫人 把家当安置好
Farewell, Madam. Settle all accounts.
塞斯比
Sexby!
求你让我和他一起去 我只有他一个亲人了
Pray you, let me go with him. He is all I have left now.
让他去吧 夫人 来自何方回到何处
Let him go, madam, from whence he came.
那些低地国家有争战
There is fighting in the Low Countries.
他会在那里挣得佣金
He will find wages there.
爱德华只有在封喉索命之时才会感到快乐
Edward was never happy except he was cutting throats.
他不适合你
He is not for you.
你磨蹭什么呢? 我的酒在哪儿?
Why do you dally? Where's my wine?
我已经尽快赶来了 先生
I came with what speed I could, sir.
您这么心急吗?
Are you impatient?
这一天我们等了太久了
Truly this day has been a long while in the coming.
哦 婊♥子♥又成男人了
Well, the Whore is a man again.
在上帝和虔诚的人眼中你是那么令人憎恶
You are an abomination in the eyes of God and of all godly men.
你为什么处处于我为难 老小子?
Why have you persecuted me, sirrah?
因为你同这个时代一样 夫人
Because you are the age, madam.
脆弱 阴柔 淫♥荡♥...
Weak, womanish, lustful...
而且不知道你应该属于的位置
and not a one of you knows where you should be.
我们应该去哪?
Where should we be?
你 夫人 该去死掉
You, madam, should be dead.
我看着你上绞架
I watched you hang.
我看着你美丽的脚踝在空中踢腾
I saw your pretty ankles kicking at the clouds.
我应该亲手绞死你
Would I had pulled the rope myself.
那我就是个幽灵
Then I would be a phantom.
幽灵不能伤人
And phantoms cannot harm us.
但是先生 我不是你脑中残存的幻象
But, sir, I am not your crippled imaginings.
我是鲜活的血肉之躯
I am flesh and blood.
别再提爱德华·塞斯比了 我求您
Speak not of Edward Sexby, I beg of you.
他必走无疑
He is gone and that is flat.
伊丽莎白·李尔本不会屈膝与您
Elizabeth Lilburne will not kneel before you
因为她丈夫说 不准她向暴君求情
because her husband forbade her ever ask a favour of the tyrant.
但我代她屈膝于此
But I kneel on her behalf.
陪我走走
Walk with me.
我从未寻求过这些责任
I never looked for ought of this.
我不过是个农民
I was just a farmer.
上帝指引我率军打仗
God showed me the way to lead men in battle.
我从未想到要关照众生于我...
I never thought to have the nation's care in my...
无力 罪恶的双手
weak sinner's hands.
愿意和我吃顿晚餐吗 安吉丽卡?
Will you eat a simple supper with me, Angelica?
那么 你原谅我了吗?
So have you forgiven me?
原谅什么?
For what?
我夺走了你的一个丈夫
I took a husband from you.
你夺走了两个
You took two.
你派托马斯·雷恩巴勒去潘蒂法克堡
When you sent Thomas Rainsborough to Pontefract,
是为了铲断平等派的头颅 不是吗?
it was to cut the head off the Levellers, was it not?
对 是的
Aye, it was.
是你刺杀的他吗 奥利佛?
Did you strike him down, Oliver?
我宁愿...在战场面对面与他交手
I would have... faced him in the field.
我宁愿...
I would have...
在那里把他杀了 籍上帝之力
..killed him there, with God's help.
是王党杀了他 安吉丽卡
He was murdered by the Cavaliers, Angelica,
上帝为我作证
as God is my witness.
那如果他在战场杀死你呢?
And if he had killed you in the field?
英格兰会完全不同
A different England.
如果托马斯现在坐在这里 而不是奥利佛
If Thomas sat here now, instead of Oliver,
会有什么不同?
what would be different?
托马斯就是自♥由♥
With Thomas and freedom.
奥利佛则是专♥政♥?
Oliver and tyranny?
奥利佛维持秩序
Oliver and order,
托马斯...
Thomas...
发动暴♥乱♥
and convulsion.
暴♥乱♥会带来饥荒
Then if convulsion, then famine.
而如果饥荒不断又何来自♥由♥?
If famine then where is the freedom?
正直的约翰的自♥由♥何在?
Where is freedom for Honest John?
每一天都有企图刺杀我的阴谋
Each new day brings another plot to assassinate me
将我们推向无序与恐慌
and bring us closer to anarchy and terror.
在这样的时代...
In times like this...
我们奋斗来的某些自♥由♥必须牺牲
some of the freedoms we fought for must be sacrificed.
我们与覆灭之间
There is nothing that now stands
没有别的障碍
between us and utter destruction,
除了我
but me.
全能的主选择了我
Almighty God chose me,
不是托马斯·雷恩巴勒或别的人 他选择了我
not Thomas Rainsborough nor any one else. He chose me.
他选好了我必须走的路
And he chooses the path I must now follow.
希望你能理解
I would have your understanding
我现在必须为这个国家做什么
of what I must now give to the nation.
做什么?
Which is what?
除非重立国王 否则他们无法安定
They will never be settled until they have a King again.
当然"国王"一词毫无价值
And what is the word "King" but a bauble,
它不过是帽上的浮羽
it's a feather in the cap.
为什么不由我来呢?
Well, why not in mine?
我曾以为正直的约翰失去理智
I thought Honest John had lost his senses
才会告诉我们这一天会到来
when he told us this day would come.
我也是 夫人
So did I, madam.
那好吧...
Well, then...
奥利佛一世国王
King Oliver I.
英格兰又要有个国王了 还是上帝选的
And England will have another King, chosen by God.
那么多鲜血抛洒得竟如此不值
Was so much blood spilt for so little?
我为伊丽莎白·李尔本向您请♥愿♥
I came to petition you for Elizabeth Lilburne.
您的答案呢 大人?
What is your answer, my Lord?
你的请♥愿♥获准了
Your petitions are granted.
她可以领粮饷 也可以去岛上探视
She shall have a pension. She may visit the island.
安吉丽卡
Angelica.
要伊丽莎白做好准备
Prepare Elizabeth.
自♥由♥的约翰·李尔本已经...
Freeborn John Lilburne is...
颓败不堪
broken in pieces.
再会 奥利佛
Fare you well, Oliver.
我们不会再见面了
We shall never meet again.
"正直的约翰·李尔本难道该死?"
What? Shall Honest John Lilburne die?
"问问那六万六千人" (伦敦传♥单♥)
Six and 60,000 will know the reason why!
可那六万六千人在哪?
But where are the six and 60,000?
不在这 见不到了
Not here. Nowhere.
见不到了
Nowhere.
空洞之词
Empty words
只存在于隔世
spoken in another world.
约翰?
John?
约翰?
John?
那暴君下令 我死前不会见到你了
The Tyrant commanded I should die with no further sight of you.
你怎么在这里?
How can you be here?
那无关紧要了 约翰
It matters not how, John.
我们来了
We are here.
你给我带笔和墨水了吗?
Do you bring me pen and ink?
没有 约翰
No, John.
我给你带来的更好
I bring you what is better.
见你儿子第一眼 本诺明
A first sight of your son, Benomy.
怎么在这?
How here?
暴君要释放我了?
The Tyrant will free me?
没有 约翰
No, John.
安吉丽卡
Angelica!