No.
这也是陛下您的承诺吗?
And that is also a promise from His Majesty?
当然是承诺
Of course it is a promise.
托马斯·雷恩巴勒
Thomas Rainsborough.
他怎样呢 陛下?
What of him, Majesty?
他是个狂人
He is a fanatical.
一个平等派
A Leveller.
能让这样的人担任高层统帅吗?
Should such a man be in such high command?
若他能不再插手我们的事务
I would sleep easier in my bed
我才能早日安寝
if he were removed from our affairs.
托马斯是英格兰最好的人 陛下
Thomas is the best man in England, sire.
是我的挚友
And my friend.
好 那谁来告诉我别的办法呀
Well, then let any man here tell me a better way.
谁来告诉我还有什么办法
Let any man here tell me any other way
能平定纷争
this ship can be brought into harbour
又不必与查尔斯·斯图亚特谈判
other than to talk to Charles Stuart?
他给予我庄重的保证 亲口承诺
He game me solemn undertakings. Promises from his own lips.
跟以前一样 空口无凭
Which will prove false as ever before.
先生们
Gentlemen.
王党四起 在南威尔士 约克郡 还有柴郡
We have Royalist uprisings in south Wales,
发起暴♥动♥
in Yorkshire and in Cheshire.
让我们粉碎他们吧
Then let us crush them!
对 托马斯 我们可以粉碎他们
Aye Thomas, we can crush them.
我们能以我们和子孙后代的性命
We can spend our lifetimes, and our children's,
不断杀戮
killing and killing again.
但当杀戮停止 英格兰何存?
But when the killing stops, where is England?
我们无法两全齐美的 我的朋友们
We cannot achieve all, my friends,
我们拥有的已足矣
but we can achieve... a sufficiency!
查尔斯之流足矣?
A sufficiency of Charles Stuart?
议会中狂妄自大 鸡鸣狗盗之徒足矣?
A sufficiency of bloated thieves in the Parliament?
抑或为国挥洒热血
A sufficiency of soldiers who fought for their country,
却空守承诺 惨淡贫困之兵士足矣?
only to be told they must now starve for the wages promised.
不 我的征战 不是为此等足矣
I fought not for that sufficiency!
好呀 好呀
Hear, hear!
那么将如何 托马斯? 更多死亡和毁灭 还有什么?
Well, what then, Thomas? More death, more destruction, what?
我们处决查尔斯·斯图亚特
We exile Charles Stuart.
除掉他
Let him depart.
让我们通过普选产生的议会
Let us govern the country through councils elected in the streets
行会 大学来统治国家
the guilds, the universities.
普选? 由谁来选?
Elected in the streets? By whom?
所有人
By all men.
因我认为 即使英国最贫苦的人
For I think the poorest he that is in England
能好好过活便相当了不起
has a life to live is the greatest he.
从此不再有只为有产者而设的议会
No more Parliaments for men with property only.
我们要将它彻底烧毁
We should burn it down.
那么托马斯...
Well, then, Thomas...
...还有你们 我的朋友以及同伴
..and all of you, my friends and comrades,
我只能这样跟你们说
I must tell you this.
雷恩巴勒上校催促会议接受的
What Colonel Rainsborough urges this council to accept
是世上前所未有的政♥府♥形式
is a form of government unknown on this Earth,
将令我国直接陷入无政♥府♥状态
and one that will straightway fall into anarchy.
与其让我们深爱的英格兰落得如此悲惨的地步
Rather than let this beloved England fall into such misery,
我郑重告诉你们
I tell you now,
我会让查尔斯·斯图亚特亲口
I would pull promises out of Charles Stuart's mouth
许下更长久的承诺
another thousand years.
那么达成共识了吧 将军
Then it's clear, General.
在这可爱的英格兰 不是你死就是我亡
In this beloved England, one of us will not live.
如果你反抗 你们会变成叛徒 卖♥♥♥国♥♥贼♥
If you rise up, you will be called mutineers and traitors.
奥利佛仍然是英雄
Oliver is still the hero.
那么军团得为这场动♥乱♥做好万全的准备
Then the regiments must be prepared for this convulsion.
经验证明 延误战机会导致落败
Reason says we lose all in delay.
告诉我你的想法 爱德华
Now tell me what your heart says, Edward.
我屠戮过人命
I have butchered men.
无论在德国还是这里
Here and in Germany.
但只要你一句话 上校
But say the word, Colonel,
我会再擦亮刀锋
and I will sharpen my blades once again.
这次是并非为报酬 而是为正义
This time for justice, not for pay.
可是上校 爱德华·塞斯比毫无顾虑
Edward Sexby has nothing to lose on this Earth.
其他人有
Others have.
夫人?
Madam?
在此形势下 只有一个人
One man only may unite the Army
能将人们团结起来 托马斯
in this great matter, Thomas.
那个人就是你
That man is you.
托马斯
Thomas.
查尔斯·斯图亚特出尔反尔
Charles Stuart has broken his promises.
违反了每个承诺
Every one of them.
他逃出汉普顿宫
By escaping from Hampton Court.
不见影踪 人们认为他逃往维特岛
Gone, it is thought, to the Island of Wight.
我过来向你以及所有人致歉 ...
I come to apologise to you...and to all.
我居然如此愚蠢 被他蒙蔽双眼
For that I was foolishly dazzled by him.
我们不会再和这个伪君子谈判
We will negotiate with this false man no more.
但是 托马斯
But, Thomas,
我们现在必须同心协力
there must now be unity amongst us
否则将全部灭亡
or all will be brought to ruin.
今天在埃塞克斯
There are new uprisings today in Essex
约克郡 柴郡和威尔士都有新暴♥动♥
and in Yorkshire and in Cheshire and in Wales
布里斯托也有
and in Bristol, too.
国家空前需要军队
The country needs its Army now as never before.
你意下如何?
What say you?
当一切完结
When we have done,
我们治理国家的所有事务
will all matters as to how we govern this country
都会由讨论决定吗?
be for discussion?
一切事务都会
All matters.
关于土地和财富的所有事务都能讨论吗?
And will all matters as to land and property be for discussion?
所有
All.
潘蒂法克堡需要你 托马斯
You are needed in Pontefract, Thomas.
只有你才能胜任的攻城战
A siege such as only you can lift.
但我恳请你加快脚步
But I beg of you, make speed.
当我被国王耀眼的光辉蒙蔽时
Our enemies were making ready for this
我们的敌人正积极备战
while I blinked in the sunlight of the king's gaze.
我明天就出发
I will go tomorrow.
今晚 托马斯
Tonight, Thomas.
今晚是我的新婚夜 奥利佛
Tonight must be my wedding night, Oliver.
如果我的夫人愿嫁给一个明天就要出征的战士
If my lady will marry a soldier that will be gone in the morning?
她愿意
She will.
愿上帝庇佑你们百年好合
May God grant you a long life together.
我要前往威尔士 从未想过要做这样的事
I must go to Wales, a thing I never thought to do.
一路走好
Fare you well.
你不给我一份结婚礼物吗 将军?
Will you not offer me a wedding gift, General?
假如能做到的话
If it can be done.
让约翰·李尔本无罪开释
Let John Lilburne go free.
推♥翻♥议会的命令
Overthrow Parliament's warrant.
一定办到 夫人
It is done, madam.
以军队的权力
By authority of the Army.
你该不会只让我做一夜妻子吧?
You will not make me a wife for one night, I hope?
我要令你失望了 爱德华
I must disappoint you, Edward.
你不能跟我出征
No fight for you.
在我归来之前 请你以生命守护这位夫人
Till I return, guard this woman with your life.
你为什么还睡在稻草堆里 塞斯比?
Why do you sleep on straw still, Sexby?
我希望你在约克郡 在托马斯身旁
I wish you were by Thomas' side in Yorkshire.
是啊 我也希望如此
I wish it, too.
他是我见过最好的人
He is the best man I ever met.
塞斯比 你回想过威萨姆森林里的事吗?
Sexby, do you ever think of those times in Wytham Woods?
我从未去过威萨姆森林 我的夫人
I have never been in Wytham Woods, my lady.
除了一次
Except once.
有一天我热的时候去游过泳
To swim one day when I was hot.
给克伦威尔将军的信
We come with a message from General Cromwell.
当你是战场的上帝时
When you were the god of battles,
你一直庇护着我
there was ever a sign of your blessing on me.
现在当你在我肩头歇息 我的视线变得模糊
Now when you rest upon my shoulders, my sight is dim.
我想我看到路在何方