剧集 | 世纪犯罪(2021) | 导航列表
Let me tell you something.
我确实在治疗过程中失去了几位病人
I had several patients die in my practice.
在生命树诊所?-对
At Lifetree? - At Lifetree, yeah.
而且我一直都清楚
And I was very cognizant always
阿片类药物容易引起药物过量的风险
that opioids could contribute to an overdose.
但是我还清楚地知道
And I was also cognizant that
如果没有这些疼痛治疗方案
without treatment of pain,
这些病人很有可能会自杀
then they could commit suicide,
所以
so it's--
你能咋办嘛?
what are you to do?
对吧你看啊
I mean, here's the story
有很多人都饱受痛苦
of so many people with severe pain:
如果这种痛苦没有得到
life is not worth living
有效的抑制活着还有啥意思
unless they have their pain treated.
我作为一个临床医生
You, as a clinician, are always there
一直都在思考
trying to decide,
治疗不到位
is the lack of treatment
会不会比治疗到位
going to cause more harm
造成更大的伤害?
than the treatment?
我在治疗每一位病人的时候
Every one of my patients,
都会有这样的思想斗争
I had to give that consideration to.
替他们做
It's not easy
正确的选择是不容易的
to make the right choice all of the time.
在Carol最后一个月的药单里
In her final monthly prescription,
就是去世前一周,她要吃
one week prior to her death, she was given
60片儿50毫克剂量的阿米替林
60 50-milligram tablets of amitriptyline,
30片儿40毫克剂量的西酞普兰
30 40-milligram tablets of Celexa,
224片儿30毫克剂量的奥施康定
224 30-milligram tablets of oxycodone,
112片儿10/325毫克剂量的扑热息痛片
112 10/325-milligram tablets of Percocet,
60片儿一毫克剂量的盐酸罗匹尼罗缓释片
60 1-milligram tablets of Requip,
60片儿一毫克剂量的阿普唑仑
60 1-milligram tablets of Xanax,
啊不好意思
and a--oh, sorry--
60片儿4毫克剂量的盐酸替扎尼定
60 4-milligram tablets of Zanaflex.
这是肌肉松弛剂
It's a muscle relaxant.
如果你看到一个病人
So if you saw that monthly level
每个月的药量是这个样子
of prescription for a patient,
你会觉得这个药物配比是合适的吗?
would that be a rather significant pain dose?
我觉得不管是什么情况的病人
I think for any patient,
当然除了那些已经走到生命尽头的病人外
except maybe someone who's near the very end of life,
如果我知道
if I were to learn
有哪位医生给他的病人
that a physician had prescribed that regimen
开这个药量,我肯定
to a patient, I would--
我觉得我会第一时间给卫健委上报
I would, I think, contact the state medical board
并举报这个大夫,因为这完全就是
and report that prescriber because they are clearly
在拿病人的命开玩笑
putting that patient's life at risk.
仅2009年
In 2009, there were
生命树诊所就出现了多起的药物过量的案子
so many overdose deaths tied to the Lifetree Pain Clinic
以至于法医办公室都觉得内有蹊跷
that the medical examiner's office felt compelled
第一时间上报给了上级
to report them.
2010年
The next year,
缉毒局对生命树诊所发起了突击检查
the DEA launched a raid on Lifetree.
他们就那样举着警徽就冲了进来
They came in with badges,and, I mean,
把我的员工吓得不敢说话
pretty frightening to my staff.
这帮执法人员还都-带着枪?
And the office was full-Guns?
倒是没有把枪拿出来
They didn't have guns drawn.No
但是确实带着,一眼就能看到
But they had guns. They were obvious.
我觉得我
I mean, I felt--
我觉得我的前途本来一片光明
I was on a wonderful career path
马上就要踏上人间巅峰了
of feeling like at the end of the game,
我为我自己能够
I'd feel proud that I had, um--
从事这个职业而自豪
I was able to be in this profession
我能够去帮助别人
and I could help people.
直到今天我也是这么想的
I still feel that way,
但是那场突击检查
but, um, that event
彻底把我毁了
has forever tarnished me.
毁掉Webster的还有如山的证据
Webster was also tarnished by the evidence.
根据生命树的记录来看
Records from Lifetree show a pattern
该诊所经常性的开出高剂量阿片类药物
of prescribing unusually high amounts of opioids
并且已经证实和多名患者的死亡有关
as well as confirmations of a number of patient deaths.
你们有100名左右的病人死于药物过量
There were as many as 100 overdose deaths
或者说怀疑有这么多死亡案例和你们有关系
at your clinic, or they're suspecting that there were.
这个数字与你的收治数量
Was--would that have been a large number
相比较算多的么?
relative to your patient population?
我觉得算吧
Well, I think so.
我觉得--我觉得--我觉得吧--
I think that--I think, uh--I think-- (哎哎哎你别结巴啊,编好了再说)
不是我意思,我不知道什么算多
you know, I don't know what is a large number
什么算不多啊
or what isn't a large number.
首先咱明确一下,这些都是高风险病人
Remember, these are high-risk patients.
不能说全部,大部分吧
Many of these, not all,
这一部分病人都是高风险病人
but many of these were high-risk patients.
这里边儿有很多人
Many people who used these drugs
用药的目的不单纯
for the wrong reason,
我确定病人都是
and I'm sure I had some,
我的病人
in my practice,
是存在药物过量的风险的
are at risk of overdosing.
但是我有一部分病人是年纪到了
Plus, I also had people who die of old age,
或者癌症啊
cancer.
所以我不确定那个数字到底有什么意义
I don't know what that number means
对于我来说这跟大屠♥杀♥没区别啊
That, to me, sounds like mass manslaughter.
你想啊,你用阿片类药物治个腰疼
You know, having two patients die of opioid treatment,
就能治死两个人,这个死亡率太高了
when you're treating back pain, is a high number.
病人不应该死于
Patients shouldn't die from treatment
非生命威胁情况下的治疗中
for non-life threatening conditions.
缉毒局试图起诉Webster和生命树诊所
The DEA sought to prosecute Webster and Lifetree
非法分销管制药物罪
for the illegal distribution of controlled substances
以及过失杀人罪
and possible manslaughter.
我想问问你能不能接受我们的采访
I wanted to know if I could ask you a couple of questions.
我们一直都想和你们的团队取得联♥系♥
We've been trying to reach out to your team to--
我这会儿还有事儿
I've got an appointment right now.
尽管有着八十页的详尽报告
But despite an 80-page summary report
其中包含了可能证明疑似犯罪的法医细节
containing forensic details of possible crimes,
司法部最后还是以证据不足为由
the Department of Justice declined to prosecute,
拒绝了起诉
citing lack of evidence.
你愿意回答我们几个问题么?
Will you answer a couple questions for us?
不愿意
No.
你拒绝回答我们的问题?
You don't want to answer any questions?
对-好吧
No.- Okay.
要我说,那些把治疗病患痛苦
You know, I think the criminalization
与违法犯罪挂等号♥的行为
of trying to treat people in pain
要不就是想做好事,要不就是想干一些
who are doing the right thing or attempt to
别有目的的事儿
project a criminal event,
不敢想啊
is very chilling.
发生的事儿已经发生了,各种说法都有
What happened has happened, and there's been a lot said
这本身就是很痛苦的事儿
that I think is painful,
如果我就还揪着这个不放
and all I could do is fuel,
一直拿出来说
I think, more pain
那可能会让别人更痛苦
if I discussed it anymore.
按理说人得学会放下
We're supposed to forgive.
我也试着去原谅那个货
I have tried to forgive Webster.
但是我觉得我们不应该忘记
But at the same time, we shouldn't forget.
如果我们不吸取教训
And if we don't learn from things,
那一切还是不会改变
we go nowhere.
哎你们就关着门儿抽大♥麻♥溜冰嗑果子,
千万别来霍霍我们, 还找NGO科普“中国毒品现况”, 哪儿来的脸啊?
但是我们并没有吸取教训
But we didn't learn.
2013年开始
Starting in 2013,
一种新的合成阿片类药物流入了市场
a powerful synthetic opioid surged in popularity.
芬太尼
Fentanyl.
这是比吗♥啡♥还要危险一百倍的毒品
It's 100 times more powerful than morphine.
但各大制药公♥司♥并不关心它的危险性
Rather than reckoning with its dangers,
而是像贩毒集团一样
companies sold it as aggressively
积极且肆意的销♥售♥这些药物
剧集 | 世纪犯罪(2021) | 导航列表