剧集 | 世纪犯罪(2021) | 导航列表
在佛罗里达的那不勒斯
In Naples, Florida,
检察官发现了普渡制药的公♥关♥计划
prosecutors discovered a plan by Purdue
将一名病人作为推动高剂量奥施康定
to use a patient as a poster child
安全性的宣传案例
for high doses of OxyContin.
这个人叫Gary Blinn
The man's name was Gary Blinn.
有着高鸦♥片♥耐药性的前海♥洛♥因♥成瘾者
A former heroin addict with a high tolerance for opioids, (这身体也是够猛的)
他告诉我他去见名叫Stephen Montaldi
he told me he was looking for relief
的大夫时
from crippling back pain
主要是为了减轻自己难以忍♥受的腰疼
when he stumbled on a doctor named Stephen Montaldi.
所以我找到了Stephen Montaldi
So I found Steve Montaldi.
最开始治疗的时候是注射类固醇
We started with steroid injections,
因为他了解我的病情到底有多严重
and he knew how severe the case was,
我们就改换成了吗♥啡♥
and so he hit me with the morphine.
后来有一天我从诊所出来
I came out of the office one day,
门口就站着一位特别特别好看的大妹子
and there was a very attractive young lady out there.
说想跟我聊聊
Asked if she could talk to me.
我能说啥肯定说耶死啊
I said, "Sure."
然后她就介绍自己说叫Stephanie Cauffman
She introduced herself. "I'm Stephanie Cauffman.
是普渡药业的医药代表
And I'm a representative of Purdue.
最近新搞了个产品叫奥施康定
And we have a drug called OxyContin.
想跟我合作一下
And we'd like to offer you a--
搞个临床实验
a deal, a trial.
只要我答应用它们的产品
You know, we pick up all the costs
就不用我花一分钱
if you'd consider switching to our drugs."
然后她说“这是我们的独家配方
She said, "There's a special formula.
“你想吃多少都行"
You just take as much as you need.
“你能一直吃这个直到你的腰不疼为止”
"You can keep going up until you get enough pain relief.
这玩意儿几乎不存在吸食过量的危险”
And chances of overdosing are very slim."
你看啊,我不用花钱
You know, so no money.
他们还给我报销
They were gonna pay for everything.
我能说啥“妥必妥啊老妹儿”
I said, "Sounds like a deal."
Stephanie Cauffman是普渡药业在
Stephanie Cauffman was the Purdue sales rep
佛罗里达西南区域的药代
for Southwest Florida.
同时她还和Blinn的大夫Montaldi
She would also enter into a sexual relationship
有着肉体上的关系
with Blinn's doctor, Montaldi.
她对我的病史了如指掌
She knew my history.
她是有准备的
She was prepped.
为什么她说她会免费给你提供
Why did Stephanie say she was willing
这些药物?
to give you the drugs for free?
因为这是普渡的--不好意思
Because it was a trial from Purdue--excuse me.
你知道的,这是
You know, it was a--
他们就是为了做实验
they were testing it.
刚开始的时候
They started me with
一天是吃两次,一次八到十片
maybe eight or ten, twice a day.
最高拉到160毫克
160.It's the highest dose.
但是都没用
And that wasn't working,
他们就接着往上走剂量
so they just kept on raising it.
12片,一天两次,然后上到15
12, two times a day. Then 15.
还是没啥用,就加到20片
It wasn't doing it, so we went up to 20.
然后我说“没感觉啊”
And I said, "This still isn't doing it."
他就给上面打了个电♥话♥
So he made the phone call.
告诉我是普渡的医生
He told me it was to the doctors at Purdue.
电♥话♥那边就说“再加剂量”
And they said, you know, "Give him more."
我们就把剂量拉到25片
So that's when we got up to the 25.
一天两次
Twice a day.
等于一天要吞五十片
50 pills a day.
光把这把药吞下去
It would almost take me 15 minutes
我就得15分钟
just to eat them all.
就跟坐那儿塞小熊饼干似的
You know, it was like sitting down to a bowl of Cheerios.
懂我意思吧
You know?
当时我觉得有点儿上头
I was starting to feel a little toxic,
就好像我的身体在向我说
like my body was telling me that
“咱要完犊子了”
“we're not doing well.”
但是除了接着磕我还有啥选择?
But, I mean, what can I do but take more?
你懂我的意思吧?
You know what I'm saying? I mean...
当你天天饱受那种痛苦的折磨
When you're in that much pain and--
再加上对药物的上瘾---那种高剂量
and you're addicted to that--such a high dose,
不管哪是个啥东西
no matter what it is,
哎
I mean,
根本就戒不掉的
you're a trapped rat.
Blinn每天吸食相当于
Blinn was taking the equivalent
200次海♥洛♥因♥的东西
of 200 hits of heroin a day.
他保留这个药瓶二十年了
He kept the prescription bottle for 20 years
因为他内心深处知道有些东西不太对
because he thought something was not right.
我知道我被利用了
I knew I was being used.
我磕的剂量
My doses were--
是小白鼠或者做实验的指标
were for being a guinea pig or an example.
我寻思他们刚开始也不是
I think their plan didn't start off like,
“咱们针对这个人这么干”
"Here's what we're gonna do with this guy."
但是当他们看到我
When they saw that I--
看到我
I was, uh,
对高剂量有着很强的耐受性之后
you know, functioning taking the higher doses,
他们就觉得逮着机会了
I believe they thought they could just,
“让他随便嗑”
you know, "Okay, give him as many as he wants."
他们的目标就是这个
You know, they knew that was a goal,
不停的增加药量
to keep on adding more.
哪怕Montaldi不在家
When Montaldi left town,
他也会在不复检Blinn的情况下
he kept prescribing high dosages for Blinn
肆无忌惮的开药
without reviewing his condition.
再由Cauffman亲自把药送到Blinn的手中
Cauffman herself would deliver the drugs to Blinn.
尽管这些药是赔本儿发放的
Even though the pills were free,
Cauffman还是能拿到高额的奖金
Cauffman got a bonus for the high doses.
更不可理喻的是,普渡药业将Blinn的案例
More important, Purdue used Blinn's prescription
当成了他们向其他医生宣扬
as a marketing tool to prove to other doctors
奥施康定没有过量风险的工具
that no dose of OxyContin was too high.
这种行为有些过分了
That seems kind of over the line,
但是我好奇像Cauffman这种人
but for somebody like Cauffman, you know,
有没有受到处罚?
was she punished?
有没有被开除?她之后是怎样的?
Was she fired? What happened to her?
人升官儿了
She was promoted.
她
She
人家被提拔了
She was promoted. She, um...
直接调任到了总部
She got moved up to headquarters,
还给了新职位
and they gave her a new position
当销♥售♥总教头
training other sales reps.
我们通过培训销♥售♥代表
Our objective in communicating with doctors
印刷有关物料
through trained sales representatives,
开展各类培训项目
literature, and educational programs
来帮助医生正确使用奥施康定
is to educate them about the proper use of OxyContin.
后来突然有一天吧
Somewhere there in the middle of my career,
我突然收到了一封
I got a subpoena in the mail
从弗吉尼亚州阿宾顿联邦检察官
from the federal prosecuting attorney
发来的传票
from Abingdon, Virginia,
上面说我要准时到场
and I needed to be there at this time
做好在大陪审团面前提供证词的准备
and be ready to testify in front of a grand jury.
我人都傻了,慌得不行啊
That floored me. That scared me.
从脚底板麻到天灵盖儿
It run a chill down my spine.
他们想了解关于
They wanted information
关于Frank Sutherland医生的事儿
concerning Dr. Frank Sutherland
以及他过量开奥施康定的具体情况
and how he was overprescribing OxyContin.
当我给普渡药业
When I called Howard Udell,
首席律师Howard Udell打电♥话♥的时候
the lead counsel for Purdue Pharma,
他听我讲了下情况,然后这孙子笑了
he listened to me, and he chuckled (哇这个货是怎么长的?当年黑衣人没找您真是失误了)
当我说我需要集团公♥司♥派法务的时候
when I said I needed some representation.
这孙子说“你自己看着办吧”
He said, "You're on your own."
说“这都不算事儿”
Said, "That shouldn't be any problem."
我就回了一句“你逗我呢?”
I said, "Are you kidding me?
“老子被传唤了
"You know, I'm being subpoenaed
“被联邦政♥府♥叫过去
"by the federal government
问奥施康定的事儿,你告诉我你不派人过来?“
over OxyContin, and you're not gonna send anybody down?"
剧集 | 世纪犯罪(2021) | 导航列表