You go. You wanna just...
-你拖 -拖你的
You tow. No, you tow.
-拖你的 -你拖
No, you tow. You tow.
-拖你的 -拖你的
No, you tow. No, you tow.
拖你的
No, you tow.
拖你的
No, you tow.
-拖你的... -拖你的...
No, you tow... No, you tow...
拿好 欢迎下次光临
And here you go. Here you go, thanks.
下一位
All right.
你好吗?
How are ya?
嗯 谢谢
Good, thanks.
噢 我忘带购物袋了
Oh, I forgot my bags for the groceries,
我再要个纸袋
so I'll take a paper bag.
你没带袋子?
You forgot your bag?
是啊
Oh, yeah.
你没带?
You don't have it?
我袋子没带在身上
No, I don't have my bag with me--
我们这儿没有袋子
We don't have any bags.
你们连纸袋也没有吗?
You don't have any-- any paper bags?
你还好吗?
Are you okay?
我觉得这一切以前发生过
I think this happened before.
你...
Uh, you--
这里有个...
We have a...
男人
Man.
这里有个男人
We have a man who--
忘带了自己的袋子吧应该是
I guess he's forgotten his bag,
如果可以派些人下来
if we could have someone to come down.
-我一般都... -嗨
I usually--Hi.
-嗨 -出什么问题了?
Hi. What seems to be the problem?
我只是忘带了我的袋子
Well, I just I forgot my grocery bag.
我来跟她说 他忘带了袋子
- Well, I'll tell her. - He forgot his bag.
我就是忘了嘛 你们没有些纸袋子吗?
I just forgot it. You don't have a paper bag?
-没 -没有
No. No, we don't.
我在我哥们家里
I was over at my buddy's house,
还没来得及去到自己家拿袋子
and I didn't have a chance to go to my house to get the bag first.
这些都不能算借口
You know it doesn't matter what you're doing.
我今早起床的时候 我眼睛没忘记睁开呀
When I wake up in the morning, my eyes don't forget to open.
心也没忘记跳
My heart doesn't forget to beat.
对啊 我也不会进了自己的车
Yeah, I don't get in my car
然后忘了车 再一路开下来
and forget the car and drive down the street,
就像 举着空气方向盘一路跑
like, running down the street going like this
然后停车 停到公园里
and then park it and then put it in park
再锁门
and then lock the door.
这都是些啥啊
These don't make sense.
你不是和一个有袋子的女生约会过吗?
Didn't you date a girl with a bag once?
-我不能打给她 -这样子
I can't call her. Really?
我可以把一些再放回去
Hey, maybe I can put some of this back.
稍等片刻
Hold on one sec.
无袋男子于二号♥收银台...
Man without bags here on register two--
这太过分了 我有袋子
This is terrible. I have bag.
我只是忘带了 行吗?
I just forgot my bag. Okay?
我相信我不是有史以来
And I'm sure I'm not the first person
第一位在这个商店忘带袋子的顾客
in the history of this store to forget a bag.
这里有个零袋玉男在二号♥收银台
We have a mean-o no bring bags up here on aisle two.
零袋玉男?
Mean-o no no bring bags?
这样 我用手捧着吧
You know, here, I'm just gonna carry it.
你真的很擅长提醒大家你没袋子
I like-- You're really good at ringing that up.
我没时间耗在上面了 这很不负责任
I don't have time for this, and I find this irresponsible.
我还是难以相信
I just can't get over this.
-我也实在是... -我忘了
I just, it's-- I forgot it.
我们也从中上了宝贵的一课
We-- and we're learning from it, too.
嗯 都吸取了教训
Yeah, it's a lesson for us all.
这瓜买♥♥三送一哦
These are three for one.
不 就要一个
Nope, just the one.
好吧
Okay.
他但凡带了个袋子来就好了
If only he'd brought a bag.
她来了之后 我们就一起玩
So when she arrives, I guess we'll just kinda hang out
几个小时 等阅读会开始
with her for a couple hours before the reading.
标志弄好了 一切准备就绪 海报在那
Got the sign. Everything's ready to go. Poster.
-我有点紧张 -我也是
I'm nervous. I know. I'm kinda nervous, too.
手心都出汗了
My palms are sweaty.
但这一块总是不会出汗
This one spot never gets sweaty though.
是挺干的
It's pretty dry.
这是我的旱极 我的小沙漠
It's my dry spot. It's my little desert.
我知道 我们应该多办点签售会
I know. We should do this more often, more book signings...
-嗨 -嗨
- Hi. - Hi.
-很高兴见到你 -Nelofar Jamshidi
- Very nice to meet you. - Nelofar Jamshidi.
Nelofar Jamshidi
Nelofar Jamshidi.
我们很荣幸能邀请到您 都是您的粉丝
We are so excited to have you, we are huge fans.
天呐 谢谢
Oh, my God, thank you.
-嗯 我们自己也多少算点作家 -真的吗?
Yes, we're kind of writers ourselves. Really?
我们现在很能理解你了
We can relate on this whole other level now.
你们写作多久了?
How long have you been writing for?
写了一辈子了
Through all my past lives.
我的话挺久的了 至少有七八个月
For me a long time, seven months, eight months at least.
我就有个问题啊 从一位作家向另一位
I just have a question from one writer to another.
我能请教那些写作流程方面的问题吗?
Just is it okay if I ask you about the process?
-没问题... -你不介意给我们提建议?
By all means... You don't mind giving us advice?
当然不
Of course not...
你知道那种情况 就是当写着写着
You know when you're at that place and you're writing
那些人物的弧光起起落落
and you know the character arc has gone up and down
故事线绕来绕去
and the narrative arc has circled the planet and back
以至于你都要把它打印出来?
and then you just need to print it?
-就是 总是想知道 你怎么样打印—— -是啊
It's just always, like, how do you print the-- Yeah.
第一页?
the first page?
打印
Print it.
摁了打印 但它没有开始工作唉
When you press print it says, right, printing queue stopped.
你只需要点到“文件”
All you need to do is go to "File,"
点开“打印”然后打印——
and "Print" and then print--
-不是 我们试过这样了 -试过很多次
No, we've actually done that. We've done that a number of times.
不行吗?
It's not working?
我们摁下打印它就
We press print and it the sa--
一直打出来第一页
it just keeps giving us the first page
一张接一张
over and over again.
你们告诉过电脑
You've already told the computer
你们要打印多少份了吗?
how many you need, how many copies?
有啊 我们写在一封致电脑的信里面
Yes, we wrote in a letter to the computer.
哦 是用墨水还是激光写的?
Oh, ink? Laser?
点阵
It's dot matrix...
我就觉得书卡在这里面了
I just feel like the book is stuck inside here.
你是怎么做出来自己的书的?
How'd you do your book?
呃 点文件点打印
Uh, File and Print,
点打印 点打印 点打印
hit the print, hit the print, hit the print.
然后你就点复♥制♥一千份?
And you did-- you just put in, like, 1,000 copies?
实际上我只需要打出一份交给出版商
Actually I just needed one copy for my publisher.
-怪不得 -是啊 我们需要找到个出版商
That's what-- Yeah. We need a publisher.
我们四处邮去样品书
We've mailed it around,
但它只是第一页重复来重复去
but, I mean, it's just that one page over and over again,
他们以为那就是书了 当然...
and they thought that was the book. Of course...
海明威是怎么做的?
What did Hemmingway do?
哦 他自杀了
Oh, he killed himself.
我也有过一模一样的想法
I thought of the same thing.
这个打印机一点声都不出
It's not making any sound at all.
按道理应该嗒嗒嗒嗒嗒嗒那样响的
Yeah it should make a sound, like tick tick tick tick...
-是啊 什么声音也没有 -这样吗?
Yeah, nothing... Yeah?
连声哼也没有
I mean, there's not even a hum.
我想知道这是为什么
I wonder why.
-是开了的呀 -为什么?
I mean, it's on. Why?
你等下会读自己的书 对吧?
You're gonna read from your book, aren't you?
当然了
Of course I am.
读我父亲死亡的那段