剧集 | 救援高手(2013) | 导航列表
她将从棺材销♥售♥和墓地规划中
she'd open up a whole new stream of revenue
获取一条全新的收益链
from coffin sales and grave plots.
计划是让Rose的旅行社转型
The plan, for Rose to transition her travel agency
变成提供全套服务的殡仪馆
into a full-service funeral home.
你到底在说什么
What are you talking?
你自己都承认这门生意快做不下去了
I mean, even you acknowledged the business is gonna die.
是的 - 旅行社坚持不了太久
Yes. - Travel agents aren't gonna be around much longer.
是我的看法
My opinion.
你的看法 - 是的
Your opinion? - Yes.
所以这算是孤注一掷
So this is a last-ditch effort
帮你从现在的顾客身上榨取更多的钱
to squeeze out as much as you can from your customers
趁着他们还没入土为安
before they're gone for good.
嗯
Hmm.
Rose似乎很看好这个点子
Rose seemed interested in the prospect
希望能从这些将死的顾客身上挣点钱
of making money from her dying customers.
但是由于我们都不知道
But since neither of us knew
该如何经营殡仪馆
how the funeral business actually operated,
我预约了附近一家
I booked us an appointment
生意很好的殡仪馆
at one of the area's most popular funeral homes.
我不想让他们发现我们是新来的竞争对手
Not wanting to tip off that we were a new competitor
想要打听商业机密
looking for trade secrets,
我便说服Rose假扮我快要去世的妻子
I convinced Rose to pose as my dying wife
装作要在她归西之前安排好葬礼仪式
whose funeral we were looking to plan before she bites the dust.
好了 在人家面前你打算怎么演
Okay. Show me how you're gonna act in there.
你想要什么效果 像这样
What do you want? I mean, like this...
没错 看起来像真的病了
Yeah. That's realistic kind of sick.
就像是要死了 好的 很棒
It's almost dead--okay. Good.
但我其实很健康 - 嗯 你现实生活中很健康
But I'm a very strong lady. - Yeah, you're strong in real life,
但为了计划 你要假装生病
but for this, you're pretending to be sick.
好吧
Okay.
于是我们前去会面
So we headed into our meeting
和丧葬承办人Breanna Gallagher谈谈
with funeral director Breanna Gallagher
试图深入了解他们的商业运转模式
to find out everything we could about their business model.
很遗憾 我的妻子 Rose
Sadly, uh, my wife, Rose,
患上了克莱因式病 已经时日不多了
has come down with Klein's and she's on her way out,
所以我们打算提前安排后事
so we're trying to make arrangements for the day.
好的 - 所以你这儿有哪些项目
Sure. - So whatever, you know, options you have
我们想过目一下所有服务内容
and can run through kind of everything you offer,
这样能有助于我们做决定
that would be really helpful for us to make our decision.
当然
Absolutely.
丧葬承办人相信了我们的故事
With the funeral director buying our story,
她向我介绍了所有的产品和服务
she walked me through all their products and services,
我确保记下了所有的信息
and I was sure to take note of everything.
我能问一下 你们的供应商是谁吗
And can I ask, uh, who your distributor is for these?
奥罗拉 我们用的是奥罗拉的棺材
Aurora. We use Aurora caskets.
奥罗拉 - 是的
Aurora? - Yes.
帮助Rose窃取信息的计划进展顺利
My plan was working to get Rose the information she needed,
但我很惊讶地了解到
but I was surprised to learn
土葬已经逐渐变得不再流行了
that the business was trending away from caskets altogether.
现在火化的需求越来越多
Cremation is on the rise right now.
显然 如果Rose想要有竞争力
It was clear that if Rose wanted to compete,
她必须能向顾客提供火化服务
she'd need to be able to offer cremation to her customers.
但当我上网查过之后
But when I looked online,
我发现火化炉贵得离谱
I discovered that cremation furnaces were ridiculously expensive,
她买♥♥得起的炉子好像就只有
and the only ovens that seemed to be in her price range
做披萨的炉子
were ones that cooked pizzas.
但是在向Rose提议之前
But before suggesting this to Rose,
我需要确保它可以用来焚化尸体
I needed to be sure it could incinerate a body.
所以我联♥系♥了当地一家披萨店
So I contacted a local pizzeria
询问能否用他们的炉子做一个测试
and asked if I could do a test in one of their ovens.
当然 我不可能用真的尸体
Obviously, I couldn't use a real cadaver,
所以我用面团凑合做了一具尸体
so I structured a makeshift body out of dough
塞了点猪骨头
and filled the insides with pork bones
和一些乱七八糟的东西
and whatever stuff I could
让这具假尸的构造更接近真实人体
to make the anatomy as close to human as possible.
做好之后 我们把它包起来
And once it was done, we wrapped it up
运到了伯班克披萨店
and headed over to Burbank Pizzeria
试验他们的炉子能否把它烧成灰
to see if their oven would burn it to a crisp.
你们说的是只需要烤一个披萨饺
I was told it was just a calzone you were gonna cook.
我不知道它原来这么复杂
I wasn't sure that this was gonna be this big of a deal
还有衣服 布料 皮带 和头发
with clothing and cloth and leather and hair
这些东西 所以
and stuff like that, so...
好的 那我们把它衣服脱了就可以了吗
Okay, but if we take off the clothing, then it's okay?
如果你要烤披萨的话就最好脱掉
I think it would be best if you want to cook it.
简短的交涉过后
After a brief negotiation,
George同意让我继续试验
George allowed me to continue
只要尸体是全♥裸♥的就行
as long as we put him in naked.
在脱下所有衣物之后
So once all the clothes were removed,
George和我小心翼翼地把尸体
George and I delicately loaded the body
放进650度的火炉里
into the 650-degree oven,
接下来要做的就是等待
and then all there was left to do was wait.
你 呃 你结婚了吗
Are you, uh, are you married?
结了
Yup.
恭喜你 - 谢谢
Congratulations. - Thank you.
你结婚了吗
Are you married?
没 没有
No. No.
我去喝点水
I'm gonna get me some water.
一个半小时之后 George需要开门营业了
After an hour and a half, George had to open up his shop.
所以他让我把还没烧焦的尸体拿了出来
So he made me take out the body before it was fully burnt,
不过他似乎对这个方法挺有信心
but he seemed confident that this would work.
再烤几个小时 是不是就能化成灰
A few more hours, would it all just burn to a crisp?
对 - 真正的尸体也可以吗
Yup. - Would that work the same for a human body too?
这个温度下 任何东西最终都会烤成灰
Well, anything in that heat eventually will burn, yeah.
我的科学实验成功了
With the success of my scientific experiment,
确保了Rose能够
I now knew that Rose would be able
以低廉的价格提供火化服务
to offer cremations on a budget.
我便在她的等候室贴了宣传材料
So I dressed up her waiting area with marketing materials
让客户了解她所提供的新型服务
that would showcase all the new services that were available.
接下来 就要看Rose能不能
And with that, it was time to see if Rose
说服顾客来罗斯旅行社办理丧葬仪式
could convince customers to plan their funerals with Travelure.
我想再去一趟内华达州的拉斯维加斯
I'd like to go again to Las Vegas, Nevada.
在处理完顾客的旅行需求之后
After handling the customer's travel needs,
我让Rose顺带提了一下她的新服务
I then had Rose bring up the new service.
不好意思 但我们还提供丧葬服务
And we sell, sorry I'm telling you this one, funeral packages.
哦 这样 好的 嗯
Oh, yeah. Okay. All right. Yeah.
如果你已经准备好了 或者有所打算
If you are ready or you have the plans...
我们这儿提供各种各样的服务
like, we prepare all these packages.
呃 可是我在这方面还没有什么打算
Um... I don't have plans in that area right now, though,
但是 谢谢你告诉我
but yeah. It's good to know,
嗯 以防万一 - 是的
Yeah I need to know just in case. - Yes.
你要是有这方面的需求 随时联♥系♥我
Whenever you need that, just let me know.
嗯 好的好的 一定
Yeah. Okay. Yeah. Sure.
一定
Sure.
很可惜 顾客对此不感兴趣
But unfortunately, the customer wasn't interested.
那之后 Rose开始犹豫
And after that, Rose started having second thoughts.
我推销东西必须得发自内心
It has to come from my heart.
我必须做自己喜欢的事
I have to like what I'm doing.
所以这不太适合你吗
So it's not quite for you?
可以是可以 但就是说
I can do it, but, again,
我不是真心想做这个
it's not from my heart.
挺奇怪的 这两天总是聊葬礼之类的
You know, it's funny. All this talk about funerals and stuff
我开始认真思考自己人生的短暂
has really gotten me thinking a lot about my own mortality,
你明白吗 - 明白
You know what I mean? - Yes.
我突然醒悟了 说到底
It makes you realize that at the end of the day,
重要的不是你赚了多少钱
it's not about how much money you make or...
睡到了多少姑娘
how many girls you've slept with.
而是那些美好的小瞬间
It's about the little moments that are nice.
是的 - 就像现在这样
Very nice. - Like this.
是的 这个瞬间很美好
Yeah. This is one. This moment is very good.
祝你一切顺利 Rose
Good luck with everything, Rose.
剧集 | 救援高手(2013) | 导航列表