剧集 | 克里斯·海姆斯沃斯:挑战极限(2022) | 导航列表
本节目内含高度危险活动 已咨♥询♥过专业医疗人士
请勿在没有专家监督下自行尝试
挪威北极圈
克里斯 我们会跟你解释计划内容
What we thought we'd do Chris, is just talk you through the plan,
好让你大概知道会遇上什么事
so you've got a rough idea as to what you're getting into.
主要的风险在于你在水中停留越久
So, the main risk is really that the longer you spend in the water,
危险就会大幅升高 如果你待到超过
the risk goes up exponentially. If you push yourself beyond the point
该浮出水面的时间 你就很有可能会死掉
at which you should be coming out, there is a real risk you could die.
好的
Yup.
你可以看到
CHRIS: As you can tell,
安全团队对于我即将做的事有些顾虑
the safety team have one or two concerns about what I'm about to do.
我也是
So do I.
好 就在这里开始准备 好吗?
ROSS: Right, this is where we switch it on now, okay?
不知何故 我被说服到开放海域游泳…
CHRIS: Somehow, I've been talked into an open water swim...
很好
Good.
地点就在北极
CHRIS: ...in the Arctic.
对大海展现意志力
ROSS: Impose your will on the sea.
两分钟…
Two minutes! Two minutes!
要说我最讨厌什么事
CHRIS: And if there's one thing I really, really hate...
就是寒冷
it's the cold.
我为什么要这么做?到底为什么?
Why am I doing this? Why am I doing this? Why am I doing this? (CHUCKLES)
四天前
换个景色欣赏 -好壮丽的风景
Special change of scenery. -LIAM: Epic surroundings.
这里不会有芒果从树上掉下来 -对
I'll say, there's no mangoes falling off the trees here! -Yeah. (CHUCKLES)
为了追求长寿 我放弃温暖的澳洲
As part of my mission to live longer, I've traded the warmth of Australia
来到冰冻的北方
for the frozen north.
还带了这几个小丑同行
And along for the ride, I've got these jokers.
我的弟弟利亚姆 和我的哥哥卢克
My younger brother Liam, and my older brother Luke.
我邀他们一起前往海滩时
When I invited them to hang out at the beach,
他们可能没想到会是这种情景
not quite sure this is what they imagined.
油门踩下去 老弟
Feather that clutch, mate.
我感觉不到地板 靴子太厚了
Dude, I can't feel the floor. These boots are a bit thick.
我们怎么会让技术最烂的人来开车?
We've let the worst driver of all drive us.
为什么是克里斯在开车? -开什么玩笑?
Why is Chris driving, mate? -CHRIS: Are you kidding?
我开车技术最好了
I'm the best driver ever, dude.
同行中有一人表示极端温度
CHRIS: We're here with a man who says extreme temperatures are actually
其实对身体有益 他是运动科学家 罗斯·埃德利
gonna be good for me. Sports scientist, Ross Edgley.
这是最棒的环境了 对不对?
I mean, it doesn't get much better than this really, does it?
就训练场 运动实验室来说…
I mean, as a training ground, as a sports lab...
这里...我在这里如鱼得水
This...I'm in my element.
这番话我不知该作何感想
(LAUGHS) I don't know how comfortable I am with that!
罗斯·埃德利是全世界 体格最好的人之一
Ross Edgley is one of the fittest humans on the planet.
他凡事都要挑战极限
CHRIS: The kind of guy who takes everything to the limit.
他是世界上唯一一个 曾绕着英国游一圈的人
CHRIS: He's the only person in the world to swim all the way around Great Britain.
他连续游了157天才达成目标
And he did it in 157 days straight.
然后他继续推进…
CHRIS: But then he takes it even further...
到冰冷的水中游泳
(CHUCKLES) ...you know, with, like, swimming in ice-cold water.
我相信人类只有在面对困境时 才会奋勇茁壮
I believe we humans only really thrive in the face of adversity.
罗斯·埃德利 运动科学家
你会了解自己的生理 心理
You find out about your physiology, you find out about your mentality...
现在更有理论指出 让身体接触极端温度
and there are now theories that subjecting your body to extreme temperatures
能够让人更长寿
could even help you live longer.
这就是我参加这趟北极探险的原因
CHRIS: And that is why I signed up for this Arctic adventure.
罗斯也许喜欢寒冷 但我比较像 《三只小熊》里的金发姑娘
Ross might love the cold, but I'm more like Goldilocks.
不要太热 不要太冷 一切适中才刚好
Not too hot, not too cold, I'm happiest right in the middle.
你会以为保持最舒适的温度
And you'd think that staying in a comfortable temperature
就长远来看也最能确保健康
is also the best way to keep healthy for the long haul.
但是新的科学研究指出 接受极冷 极热
But new science says embracing extreme cold, and extreme heat...
可能会逼得身体提高防卫机制
could force your body to upgrade its defenses...
免疫系统
加强微小的修复系统
and power up its microscopic repair systems...
降低感染疾病的风险 并可能增加几年的寿命
which could cut the risks of disease, and maybe add years to your life.
所以该来进行休克疗法了
So, it's time for some serious shock therapy.
经过三天的训练后 克里斯将尝试在冰水中游泳
ROSS: After three days of training, Chris will attempt a cold-water swim
将他的身体逼迫到极限
that's going to test his body to the absolute limit.
游过230米冰冷刺骨的北极峡湾
Two hundred and fifty yards across a bone-chilling Arctic Fjord,
只穿着泳裤 脸上带着微笑
wearing nothing but swimming trunks and a smile.
如果他能撑过去 那么也许他就会爱上冰冷的环境
If he can endure that, then maybe he could fall in love with the cold...
把它变成生活的一部分
and make it part of his life.
克里斯·海姆斯沃斯: 挑战极限
第二集 震撼
身为澳洲人的你 适应得还好吗?
ROSS: So, how's your Australian physiology coping with this?
我还处在震惊中 耳朵冻得快掉了
It's in complete shock right now. My ears are about to snap off.
冷得跟冰块一样 我有点担心
They're like little icicles and I'm a little concerned.
距离北极冬泳剩下三天 初次接触
这里就是下水处
ROSS: This is the plunge.
好的
Yeah.
我要你身穿泳裤跳下去
And I want you to basically get down to your trunks, get in,
体验一下冰水最原始的样貌
and I just want you to experience the cold at its rawest form.
好 -就像是受洗一样
CHRIS: Yeah. -Think of it almost like a baptism.
就是这样 因为你需要了解
That's what we're doing. Because you need to understand
自己身体的状况
what's going on inside the body. So...
它知道马上就会冻僵了
Oh, it knows it's gonna freeze in a second, yeah.
对 -没错
Yes. Yeah. This is it. -CHRIS: Yeah. (LAUGHS)
就是这样 你的身体会出现休克
This is it. No, no, no. But it's gonna be a shock to the body.
我不骗人
I'm not gonna lie.
对 -我很老实跟你说
CHRIS: Yeah. -I'm gonna be so honest with you.
为了做好游泳的准备 第一步是让克里斯完全浸在水中
ROSS: To prepare for the swim, the first step is subjecting Chris to full immersion.
问题是冷水会触发一些 强大的求生机制
The problem is that cold water triggers some really powerful survival mechanisms.
但如果要训练在冰水中游泳 那些机制就会违背你的意志
But if you're training for an ice swim, they actually work against you.
我需要克里斯理解 那些反应是什么感觉
I need Chris to understand what those reactions feel like,
然后开始加以驾驭
and then start to tame them.
我们首先会有的反应
One of the first things that we're gonna experience
是倒抽一口气 身体基本上会…
is this gasp reflex. The body's basically just going...
没错 你会想吸气 这很正常
Is exactly it. You wanna gasp, perfectly normal. That is...
那是自保的本能 -很正常
It's just self-preservation. -Mm-hmm. Perfectly normal.
对 我们一开始计时…-对
Yeah. Once we start the timer... -CHRIS: Yeah. Yeah.
一下水之后
...once we're in, make no mistake,
我们就会开始计时失温
we basically started the timer on hypothermia,
讲白了就是失去意识与死亡
and to put it bluntly, consciousness and dying.
跟人生说再见 好的
And saying, "goodbye, life." Yeah. All right.
好 来吧
Oh, yeah. (GROANS) Here we go!
在让克里斯游向开放水域前
ROSS: Before we let Chris loose in open water,
我要看看他能不能撑过一开始的休克
I want to see if he can get through the initial shock
在港湾里至少忍♥个几分钟
and tough it out for at least a couple of minutes here in the harbor.
这个温血的澳洲人做得到吗? 我真的不知道
Do I reckon this warm-blooded Aussie can do it? I don't know.
这真是个好主意
Oh, yes, this is a great idea!
来吧 -跟着我
Here we go. -(LAUGHS) Follow my lead.
好了
CHRIS: All right.
就是这样 呼吸 -要命
ROSS: That's it. Breathe, breathe. -Oh, boy.
很好 非常好
ROSS: Good. Good. Really good. -Whoo!
呼吸 -天啊
ROSS: Breathe. -Wow!
就是这样 倒抽一口气的反应
ROSS: Okay, there you go, okay. There you go. So that's that gasp reflex.
控制住过度换气
You know, that hyperventilation. Control it. Control it.
不能让它凌驾我
(EXHALES) Don't let it bully me.
你的身体想自保 叫你离开水里 盖过那个念头
ROSS: Self-preservation, your body is going, "get out!" ,but override that.
感觉怎么样? -冷毙了
How we feeling? -Oh, freezing.
好 -对
Okay. (CHUCKLES) -Yeah.
感觉我好像在火堆里
Feels like I'm in the fire. -(LAUGHS)
好 呼吸 一分钟了 现在怎么样?
Okay, breathe! We are at one minute. So, now, what's happening?
已经克服想吸气的反应了 -还没
ROSS: Now we've got over that gasp reflex. - No, no, we haven't.
还有吗? -我什么都还没克服
It's still going? (LAUGHS) -CHRIS: I haven't got over anything!
有人忘记开热水了 -天啊
ROSS: Someone forgot to put the hot tap on. -Oh, God! Oh, God!
事情已经够糟糕了
CHRIS: As if things weren't bad enough,
卢克 利亚姆 还有我们的好友米克 还跑来就近观看
Luke and Liam, and our buddy, Mick, have got front row seats.
夏日游泳吗?
Summer swim?
嘿 -是的
(CHRIS YELLING) -ROSS: Yes, boys!
天啊
Oh, God!
我到底为什么邀他们来?
CHRIS: Now, why did I invite them, again?
怎么样?
How is it?
非常棒 水好温暖
Oh, it's amazing, it's so warm in here.
你缩小了几号♥?
What's the level of shrinkage?
把脸浸在水中如何?
How would you feel if I said, "Let's put our face under?"
好 来吧
Okay, let's go. (EXHALES)
老天
剧集 | 克里斯·海姆斯沃斯:挑战极限(2022) | 导航列表