剧集 | 克里斯·海姆斯沃斯:挑战极限(2022) | 导航列表
我曾看过一句剧本里的台词 是这么说的
I read this script once and there was a line,
“如果没有了回忆 我还存在过吗?”
and it said, "If I don't have my memories, did I ever exist?"
这句话一直停在我的脑海里
And it's always stuck with me.
我们的记忆应该能永久保存
CHRIS: Our memories are supposed to last forever.
那塑造了我们 成就了我们
They're what shapes us and makes us who we are.
好球 儿子
Good shot, son.
好球
Good shot.
想到…
CHRIS: The idea that I...
我无法记得我体验过的人生
won't be able to remember the life I've experienced
我的妻子
or my wife...
小孩
my kids.
大概是我最大的恐惧
This is probably my biggest fear.
最近 我获知一些消息
And recently, I had some news that made me think
让我更加关心这件事
a lot more about all of this.
当我开始研究如何活得更久 更好时
When I first started exploring how to live better for longer,
接受了长寿专家彼得阿提亚博士
I was sent for a whole list of tests...
你好吗? -设计的一连串测试
PETER: How you doing? -...by longevity expert Dr. Peter Attia.
你今天好吗? -很好
How you doing today? -Doing good.
我们对你进行了重要的检查
So, we did sort of the million-dollar workup on you.
各式各样的血检
We've got every blood test one can get
我也仔细看了你的每一种基因
and I've looked at every gene in your body six ways to Sunday.
整体来说结果非常好
And overall, your labs look fantastic.
而从外表看起来
And I think looking at you from the outside,
你很明显有好好保养身体
it's clear how much you take care of yourself,
但我们还是发现几处令人忧心的地方
but we did find a couple of things that are a cause for concern.
好的
Right.
我们做的几项基因测试
Some of the genetic testing that we did
是针对一种叫做脂蛋白元E的基因
looked at a gene for a protein called APOE.
你的组合非常罕见 那就是你有两组脂蛋白元E4
You have a very rare combination, which is you have two copies of APOE4,
一组来自你母亲 一组来自你父亲
a set from your mom and a set from your dad.
那代表什么?
And what does that mean exactly?
那代表你有更高的风险 可能罹患阿兹海默症
That means you have an increased risk of Alzheimer's disease.
Mm-hmm.
高多少?
How much higher?
比一般大众高上
Probably somewhere between eight and ten times higher
8到10倍
than that of someone in the general population.
好的
Yeah, all right. Okay.
我总是觉得…
You know, you're...
自己可以活到永远
I don't know, you're constantly thinking you're gonna live forever,
特别是我还如此年轻
especially as a young individual.
然后突然之间 有人告诉我
And then to all of a sudden be told,
“这件事可能会让你一命呜呼”
"Well, this may be the thing that might take you out,"
我瞬间“哇”一声 吃惊到不行
was like, "Whoa." Kinda floored me for a minute.
我知道很难想象
I know it's hard to imagine, but...
但是我相信如果采取所有行动
it's my belief that if we take every step possible,
是可以降低风险的
we can reduce your risk to that of anyone else.
嗯哼...当然
Mm-hmm. Sure.
事实上 我想你可能 不会相信我这么说
In fact, I don't think you'll believe me when I say this,
但是你会慢慢相信的
but I think you will in time.
你有这种基因可能是一件好事
You having this gene is probably a blessing.
因为那会给我动力去…
Because of the motivation that it'll give me to...
对 这会给你动力现在就去做
Yeah. This is going to motivate you to take steps today
你这个年纪的人 大多不会考虑要做的事
that most people your age would never think about
他们可能等到50 60岁才会开始 -是
until they're in their 50s or 60s. -Sure. Sure.
我大半辈子都非常注意
I've spent most of my life paying very detailed attention
自己的身体
to my health and wellness and
想办法让自己变得更强壮 更健康等等的
looking at how I can be, you know, stronger and healthier and so on.
但是我从来没有把注意力 放在大脑的健康上
But I've never really focused on the health of my brain.
这个消息改变了一切
This news changes things.
这项测试意在检查额叶的功能 及计划能力
Here is a test for checking frontal lobe function and planning.
所以你先看我示范 然后照做
So watch what I do first, and then you copy me.
好吗?开始了
All right? Here we go.
所以我找上知名神经科医生沙伦·夏
CHRIS: That's why I'm meeting renowned neurologist Dr. Sharon Sha.
等等
Wait, hang on.
那是…我得再看一次
Was that... Just gotta see it again.
我跟所有人一样 想尽可能
I think, like everyone, I want to maintain my memory
留住记忆 不想只能瑟缩在角落
for as long as possible and not be, you know, in the corner
什么事都做不了
unable to, sort of, operate, you know.
你显然很健康
Yeah. I mean obviously you're really healthy,
但是过了30岁之后 我们的大脑会开始退化
but after the age of thirty is when our brain starts to degenerate.
我们的高峰在青春期 或是20多岁的时候
Our peak is in our youth, or in our twenties.
所以我们必须努力进步并维持
So we have to enhance and maintain as much as possible.
你不能到了60岁才说 “我要专心训练大脑” -对
You can't say, "Okay, at 60, I'm now going to focus on my brain." -Yeah. Yeah.
因为阿兹海默症与其他疾病
Because Alzheimer's disease and other types of things
要发展15到20年后 我们的记忆才会开始出状况
develop 15 to 20 years before we even have memory symptoms.
我吃得好 也很常运动
I eat pretty well. I exercise a lot.
我还能做些什么来改善大脑健康?
What else can I do that is going to help improve my brain health?
就像你得花时间锻炼身体
Just like you have to take time to work out your body...
是的 -你也花时间锻炼大脑
Yeah -...you've gotta take time to work out your brain.
新挑战能刺♥激♥神经连接
Novel challenges can stimulate neuronal connections
拓展我们所谓的“神经可塑性”
to spread what we call "neural plasticity,"
那可以大幅提升认知功能
and that can really enhance cognitive function.
所以我会给你一些新东西
So let's give you something novel.
让你挑战你的大脑
Let's give you something where you can really challenge your brain.
为了保护克里斯的记忆
SHARON: In order to help protect his memories,
我要他放下平常的生活
I want Chris to take a break from his normal life...
沙伦·夏医生 史丹佛大学神经学家
远离科技
unplug from technology,
到荒野遗世独♥立♥
and go off the grid in the wilderness.
很壮观吧?
Pretty spectacular, hey?
就是那里 好好记在心里
SHARON: Right there, take a mental picture.
没有电♥话♥ 导航等会让他分心的东西
Without anything to distract him, no phone, no GPS,
克里斯必须沉浸在周围的环境中
Chris is going to have to immerse himself in his surroundings...
穿越内陆地区
and navigate his way through the outback
仅依靠自己的大脑using only his brain.
老天 这里太容易迷路了
Man, it's so easy to get lost out here.
很高兴有你在 因为我完全没头绪
Well, I'm glad you're here because I have no clue.
我已经搞不清楚方向了
I'm already lost.
由于社会接触对认知功能很重要
SHARON: And because social contact is so important for cognitive function,
他的艺术家好友欧提斯·霍普·凯瑞 将会与他同行
his friend, the artist Otis Hope Carey, is going with him.
那里看起来很适合当营地
OTIS: That looks like a really good campsite
就在瀑布底下那里
at the bottom of that waterfall back there.
记住那里
SHARON: So it's a good point to remember.
我们的路线就在那里结束
OTIS: That's where we're gonna end our trek.
那里吗? -对
Right there? -OTIS: Yeah.
我们要怎么上去?
CHRIS: How are we gonna get up there?
姑且把这项挑战当作大脑的战斗营
SHARON: Think of this challenge as a boot camp for the brain,
让克里斯开始
a way for Chris to kickstart
能够维持一辈子的练习 常保大脑健康
a lifelong routine to keep his brain healthy.
克里斯·海姆斯沃斯: 挑战极限
《第五集 记忆力》
(INTRIGUING MUSIC PLAYING)
敦胡堤 阿奈湾及干拜恩吉尔地区
澳洲
原住民及托雷斯海峡岛民请注意
本节目可能含有 一名逝者的画面 声音及视频
欢迎来到敦胡堤地区 阿奈湾地区
(IN ENGLISH) I welcome you. I welcome you to Dunghutti country, Anaiwan country,
还有干拜恩吉尔地区
and Gumbaynggirr country.
这里是由三个部落共享的国度
It's a shared country between the three tribes.
这里是我兄弟欧提斯的祖传之地
CHRIS: This is my buddy Otis's ancestral homeland.
多年来 我们一直梦想着 前来探索此地
For years, we've dreamed about going on a trip to explore it.
因此当沙伦建议到荒野探险的时候
So when Sharon suggested an adventure in the wilderness,
我就知道这里会是完美的地点
I knew this would be the perfect location.
这个地方之所以特别适合我们的旅程
CHRIS: What makes this place particularly appropriate for our journey
是因为在这片大地上 风景与回忆密不可分
is that in this part of the world, landscape and memory are intertwined.
身体 心灵 精神
ELDER: Body, mind, and spirit.
我叫欧提斯·霍普·凯瑞
My name's Otis Hope Carey.
我来自干拜恩吉尔和邦加隆地区
I'm from the Gumbaynggirr nation and also the Bundjalung nation.
澳洲的原住民族 在此已有六万多年的历史
Indigenous people have been in Australia for sixty-thousand-plus years,
所以我们与地球之间 拥有极为悠久的联♥系♥
so we've got a very long connection to Mother Earth.
在第一民族文化中 我们相信回忆存在于石头
In First Nations culture, we believe there's memory in the rocks,
水 风和天空中
in the water, in the wind, in the sky.
所以只要坐下来好好聆听 就能听到祖先给我们的话语
So if we sit and listen, we can hear our ancestors talking to us.
希望这趟旅程中
(IN ENGLISH) We hope that on your journey,
你们会听到我们的国度给你们的话语
you will listen to our country speak to you.
剧集 | 克里斯·海姆斯沃斯:挑战极限(2022) | 导航列表