剧集 | 克里斯·海姆斯沃斯:挑战极限(2022) | 导航列表
但是这真的很棒
but it's honestly the best thing ever. -LUKE: Mm-hmm.
你们不是在断食吗? -我也是这么说
What, I thought you were fasting? -That's what I said.
他们两个都在断食 我跟他们说…
Both of them were fasting. I said to them, like, I... like, I... like, I...
闻闻看
AARON: Just have a smell of that.
酷
CHRIS: Cool.
我得说我以为你们会撑住
I gotta say, I really thought you were gonna hang tough.
我是很想啊 但这是我喝过最好喝的奶昔
AARON: I was gonna, but then this is the best milkshake I've ever had.
祝你好运 -我的老天
CHRIS: Good luck finding... -AARON: Oh, my God.
我闻到披萨的味道了 我要走开 闻都闻到了
I can smell the pizza. I'll just go away. I can smell it.
断食第三天
很好 我的好友弃我而去 而且就如彼得预测
CHRIS: Great, my best buddies have bailed, and just as Peter predicted,
酮兴♥奋♥剂♥的作用已经消退 我感觉糟透了
the ketone pick-me-up has gone, and I feel terrible.
好 今天是第三天
Okay, so this is, uh, day three.
我觉得很虚弱 昨晚没怎么睡
Feeling pretty weak. Didn't sleep very much last night.
我的睡眠品质越来越差
I feel like my sleep's getting worse and worse.
昨晚帮孩子准备晚餐真的很难熬
You know, last night was really hard, giving the kids dinner.
他们吃了美味的烤羊肉 还有蔬菜 水果
They had, um, delicious, like, roast lamb, and vegetables, and... and fruit, and...
我还看到巧克力布朗尼
and I saw a chocolate brownie in there somewhere.
我有好几次真的很想把食物
Multiple occasions, I... I... I... I thought about just ripping that food
从他们的手中抢过来 我连上楼梯
straight out of their hands. Feel pretty weak trying to walk up
走在走廊上都觉得很虚弱 感觉难以呼吸
the stairs, trying to walk down the hall, I feel like it's tough to catch my breath.
但是已经第三天…
but, you know, day three, and, um...
就快结束了 只剩下...
I guess we're almost there. It's only...
12 48… 不知道 我已经没办法思考了
12, 48, I don't know, I can't even think. Like,
我不知道
I... Don't know.
我要疯了
I'm losing it.
6♥4♥小时未进食
我试着靠健身来刺♥激♥酮的产生 但是我完全没感觉
I'm trying to get my ketones going again by working out, but I'm feeling nothing.
我有没有提到我真的真的很饿?
Oh, and did I mention that I'm feeling really, really hungry? Hmm?
我想克里斯完全不觉得 这是一次美好的体验
I don't think Chris has found this to be a pleasant experience at all.
但是断食有很大一个部分 在于了解你为何要这么做
-But a big part of fasting... PETER: ...is understanding why you're doing it.
那是能继续忍♥受的关键
And that's the key to tolerating this thing.
要能够专注于断食后面的动力
It's being able to focus on the motivation behind the fast.
其中一项好处在于你有家人
PETER: One of the benefits is, you have a family.
对 -你知道
CHRIS: Yeah. -PETER: And you can sort of see
你多么享受天伦之乐 我想这就是你的…
how much you enjoy that, and that's kind of the anchor,
立足之点 -对
I think, um... -Yeah.
你可以直视那些对你来说
PETER: You can actually look into the eyes of the people for whom it matters
最重要的人的眼睛
the most to you.
对 我喜欢这个动力
Yeah, sure. I like that motivation, you know?
任何能让我不要想着食物的东西…
Anything that stops me thinking about food is sort of a...
都是好事
a good thing at this point, so...
第一次断食就要克里斯持续四天 是很大的挑战
Asking Chris for his very first fast to go as long as four days is a big ask.
但是我非常需要他继续下去
But I really need him to continue now.
因为我们认为只要三天没有进食
Because once a human goes three days without food,
就会出现非常显著的生化变化
we think some remarkable biochemical changes take place
能够延年益寿
that have significant longevity benefits.
还记得那些让我身体老化的 僵尸细胞吗?
CHRIS: Remember those toxic zombie cells aging my body?
受到影响的不只有它们而已
Well, they're not the only things getting dealt with.
连健康的细胞也受到了耗损
Even inside my healthy cells, there's wear and tear.
但是科学家认为没有食物要处理
But scientists think that without food to process,
那些细胞能够转换成修复模式
those cells can switch into repair mode,
处理损伤 清理废物 及早处理问题
fixing damage, cleaning up garbage, nipping any problems in the bud.
等僵尸处理完 身体其他部分恢复一流状态
With the zombies in check and the rest of me in tip-top condition...
未来将会更健康 也更长寿
the future looks healthier and also longer.
科学界才刚刚开始了解断食
Science is only just beginning to understand
对长寿的好处
the longevity benefits of fasting.
事实上 我们现在才在学习
In fact, we're just catching up with the cultures and religions
数千年来不断实践断食的文化与宗教
that have placed fasting at the center of their practice for millennia.
埃塞俄比亚 阿姆哈拉地区
今天是美好的一天
TODESSO: (IN AMHARIC) Today is a beautiful day.
退休教师托德索和家人
CHRIS (IN ENGLISH): Retired teacher Todesso and his family
要以步行到教堂来庆祝复活节
are celebrating Easter with a walk to church.
爸爸 我们快到了吗?
HELEN: (IN AMHARIC) Papa, are we nearly there yet?
还没有
TODESSO: No, not yet.
但是教堂位在脚程
CHRIS: (IN ENGLISH) But the church is three days away
三天之外的圣城 贡达
in the holy city of Gondar.
你累了吗?
TODESSO: (IN AMHARIC) Are you tired?
对 我累了
HELEN: Yes I'm tired.
不要累 要坚强
TODESSO: (CHUCKLES) Don't be tired, be strong.
在这段艰困的朝圣之旅期间 这家人什么都没有吃
CHRIS: (IN ENGLISH) During their grueling pilgrimage, the family eat absolutely nothing.
断食对我们非常重要
TODESSO: (IN AMHARIC) Fasting is very important to us,
那是从祖先传承下来的传统
it is a tradition handed down by our ancestors.
我们断食是为了更靠近上帝
We fast to be closer to God.
你们两个 快点
Come on you two.
到了之后我一定会很开心
I'll be so happy when we get there.
拉你一把
I got you.
第一次加入父母徒步之旅的 是女儿海伦
CHRIS: And joining her parents for the first time is daughter Helen.
第一天是最难的
(IN AMHARIC) The first day was the hardest.
我感觉好虚弱
I felt so weak.
我的大脑告诉我“你做得到”
HELEN: My brain was telling me, "You can do this."
但是我的肚子却在说“给我吃的”
But my stomach was saying, "Bring me food!" (LAUGHS)
不过断食不仅让他们更接近上帝
CHRIS: (IN ENGLISH) But fasting isn't just bringing them closer to God...
他们也相信那能有益健康
they believe it's bringing them health benefits.
虽然我父亲已经75岁 他还是很强壮
(IN AMHARIC) Although my father is 75 years old, he is very strong.
我从来没看过他生病
I have never seen him sick.
他发誓是因为断食的关系
He swears fasting is why.
我七岁时开始断食
TODESSO: I started fasting when I was seven.
已经进行了68年
And I've been doing it for 68 years.
那让我感觉很健康
It keeps me feeling healthy.
我从来没有感冒
I have never been affected by a common cold,
或是染上其他疾病过
or any other disease.
你们看 贡达就在山的那边了
TODESSO: Look, Gondar is just over the mountain.
我看得到了
HELEN I can see it...
来吧
TODESSO: Come on.
我闻到香的味道了
I can smell incense.
复活节并非埃塞俄比亚东正教教♥徒♥ 唯一断食的时候
CHRIS: (IN ENGLISH) Easter isn't the only time Ethiopian Orthodox Christians fast.
事实上 他们每年会断食高达250天
In fact, they observe up to 250 fasting days a year,
断食的作法各有不同 有时候什么都不吃
during which they vary their practice, sometimes eating nothing,
有时候则会限制进食的数量与时间
and others, restricting how much or when they eat.
这些味道 好多吃的
(IN AMHARIC) All these smells So much food.
贡达是个美妙的地方
HELEN: Gondar is an amazing place.
断食有很多方法 有无穷无尽的规定
PETER: (IN ENGLISH) There are many ways to go about fasting. There are countless protocols.
但是记住 那都有一个共通点
But remember, they all have one thing in common.
就是减少摄取的热量
They reduce the number of calories we consume.
在这个有许多人营养过剩的世界里
And in a world where so many of us are over-nourished,
这是我们可以活得更久 更健康
this is an essential part of how we can go about living a longer,
很重要的一部分
healthier life.
我对于断食感到很骄傲
(IN AMHARIC) I am very proud of myself for doing the fast.
我每年都会执行
I will do it every year.
直到死去为止
I will only stop fasting on the day I die.
一年断食250天
CHRIS: (IN ENGLISH) Two hundred and fifty fasting days a year.
让我觉得“我当然可以再撑24小时”
CHRIS: Makes me think, "Surely, I can go another 24 hours...
”难道不行吗?”
"can't I?"
苦啊 苦啊 我真苦
Struggling, struggling I'm struggling
我搭上渡轮要前往大堡礁的潜水基地
CHRIS: I'm on the ferry to our dive base in the Great Barrier Reef...
此时的我很需要酮兴♥奋♥剂♥
CHRIS: ...and I could really do with a ketone pick-me-up.
70小时未进食
我大约…
I had a little, like... -(INDISTINCT CHATTER)
一小时前突然能量爆发
...like an hour ago, a little burst of energy.
当时我还心想“这样很好” 现在…
I thought, "Oh, this is good." Now...
断食第四天
大堡礁 赫伦岛
今天是断食最后一天
CHRIS: So, this is it.
我要为我和彼得捉晚餐吃
The last day of the fast, and the day I'm supposed to catch dinner
有什么能出错的呢?
for me and Peter. What could possibly go wrong?
你今天早上感觉怎么样?
PETER: So, how are you feeling this morning?
很虚弱 能量值很低 我感觉才刚下床
Uh, pretty weak. Pretty... Pretty low energy. I feel like I've just rolled out of bed.
虽然你感觉不到 但是你的体内
You know, even though you don't feel it, at the microscopic level,
正在上演一场小小的战争
inside your body, there's a war going on.
那场战争即将由好人获胜
And that war is being won by the good guys.
那就是我们这么做的原因
PETER: And that's the real reason we're doing this.
对
Yeah.
剧集 | 克里斯·海姆斯沃斯:挑战极限(2022) | 导航列表