剧集 | 克里斯·海姆斯沃斯:挑战极限(2022) | 导航列表
我要先让他经历一段压力
I want to start by making him experience a stressful situation
那能够帮助他更加了解
designed to help him get a better understanding
心理如何影响生理
of how his mind affects his body.
这是你的血压… -血压是吗?
MODUPE; So, you see your blood pressure... -Blood pressure, huh?
这是你的呼吸速率 这是你的心率
...we see your breathing rate, your heart rate here.
心率 每分钟65下
了解 -所以目前
-Got it. -You know, right now,
你的心率是每分65下
you're at 65 beats per minute.
我会把这当作你的基线
So, this is going to be what I consider your baseline
用来比对其他状况
and then compare everything to that.
现在我量过克里斯放松时的心率了
So, I've checked Chris's heart rate when he's relaxed,
我要看看当他处在压力中
and I'm gonna see how it changes
会有什么改变
when he's doing something that's stressful for him.
我看得到这只手 -是吗?
That's... I can see that hand. -Yeah?
所以我要他体验
MODUPE: So, I want him to experience
走在起重机上的虚拟现实
a virtual reality version of the crane walk.
好 我要你走过那条吊臂
Okay, so, all I want you to do is walk across that plank.
开始吧
And off you go.
等会儿见
CHRIS: Woah! See you guys.
很高呢 -是的
It's a long way up, huh? -MODUPE: Yep.
虚拟现实的体验很神奇
The VR experience is fascinating.
我的大脑有一部分很清楚这不是真的
CHRIS: One part of my brain is very aware that it's not real.
另一部分则在大喊 “这太疯狂了 我在做什么?”
The other part of it is screaming, "This is crazy! What are we doing?
“我会死掉的” 我的胃一阵翻滚
"We're gonna die!” I feel it in my stomach.
跟站在真的大楼上有一样的紧张感
The same nervous energy that I'd have if I was actually standing on a building.
他的心率原本是65 现在变高了
MODUPE: So, his heart rate was at like 65 and it's definitely going up.
呼吸速率也变快 原本是12下
His breathing rate is going up, it was around 12 before.
他肯定感到害怕
There's definitely some fear.
感觉超级不稳
It feels super unsteady now!
心率 每分钟86下
我办不到
This is... I can't do it! (CHUCKLES)
尽管克里斯没有面临真正的危险
MODUPE: Even though there's no real danger to Chris
他的大脑仍感觉到威胁 开始感到压力
his brain is perceiving threat, his stress is kicking in.
这是经典的“打或逃”反应
It's the classic fight-or-flight response.
当大脑感受到压力时
CHRIS: When my brain senses something stressful,
就像开关被打开一样
it's like a switch is flipped.
我的神经会让整个身体系统超载
My nerves send my whole system into overdrive...
触发大量激素进入血流
triggering a flood of hormones into my bloodstream.
肾上腺 皮质醇与肾上腺素
我的呼吸变快 心跳加速 感觉很兴奋
My breathing speeds up, my heart starts racing, I feel wired.
在遇上危险之际 那股激增的能量 能帮助我抵抗或逃走
In moments of danger, that energy surge would help me fight or run away.
打或逃
结束后 我的压力循环就会关闭 一切云淡风轻
Then when it's over, my stress circuit should switch off. No harm done.
但要是压力没有消失
But when our stress doesn't go away,
其中一项激素 也就是皮质醇 会继续分泌
one of those hormones, cortisol, keeps on flowing...
皮质醇
这样我们的打或逃循环 就无法完全关闭
and our fight or flight circuit can't fully shut down.
随着时间累积 我们就会过劳 那可能会导致高血压
Over time, we get burnt out, which can lead to high blood pressure,
免疫系统失灵 血糖升高
a misfiring immune system, and elevated blood sugar.
增加致命疾病的风险
All increasing the risk of deadly disease.
真是奇怪
So weird.
我的心率增加了多少?
How did my heart rate increase?
很有意思的一点
So, here's what's really interesting is that you... it was...
是你上去的时候 心率会加快 给你能量
as you were going up, it increased to give you the energy
让你开始做该做的事
and mobilize you to do what you need to do.
问题是 如果整天下来
The problem is, if you end up having that elevated level like,
你的心率都那么快 就会变得…
throughout the day, that's when things become,
比较不健康 身体机能比较不健全
um, less healthy, less functional.
因为那表示你的身体没有关闭
Because that would mean that your body is not shutting down
照该有的方式休息
and turning off, and resting the way it needs to.
那让我想到 “到时候一定会很糟糕”
What it made me think was, like, "This is gonna suck when I really do it."
我们要好好针对这点练习
And that is what we're gonna be working on!
佐奇 你来试试
Yeah. Zoc. You've got to have a go!
我好友佐奇很怕高
My buddy, Zoc really doesn't like heights...
来吧 -我的天啊
Now, here we go. -Oh, my God.
所以我想可以趁这个机会 将他的打或逃反应拉到最高
...so I figure this is a chance to push his fight or flight to the max.
搞什…
ZOC: Oh, what the... (BLEEP)
要命
Oh, boy.
不行…
No. No. -(MODUPE CHUCKLES)
走吧 开始走 -老天 我全身都在发抖
Go. Let's go. Go. -Oh, man. I'm full shaking, dude.
你看他的腿 -走吧
AARON: Look at his legs. -CHRIS: Go.
我办不到 -走啊
I can't do it. -Do it.
快点 -加油 佐奇
Do it. -AARON: Come on, Zoc.
走啊… -加油
CHRIS: Go, go, go. -Come on, come on, come on.
我办不到
I can't do it.
快走 走三四步就好 加油
Go, go, go. Just take three, four steps, go.
很好 -继续走
MODUPE: Nice. -Go, go, go.
加油 佐奇 -加油
Come on, Zoochie. -AARON: Come on, Zoc.
继续跟自己说话 会有帮助 -我可以的 卢克
MODUPE: Keep talking to yourself, it's helping. -I've got this, Luke. I've got this.
我全身都在…
(BLEEP) I'm full sh... (BLEEP)
感觉好真实 好像真的摔下去
It's so real! That is so real. I felt like I was falling.
你不知道这有多真实 -什么意思?
You don't understand how real that is. -What do you mean?
那实在是… -好吧 或许我没有佐奇那么惨
Dude, that is so... -CHRIS: Okay, I may not be as bad as Zoc,
但老实说 我也很怕高
but to be honest, I'm really not that keen on heights,
虚拟现实让我对于
and the VR has made me feel
走在起重机上感到更害怕了
a little more intimidated about the crane walk than I was before.
但如果莫杜蓓的训练能帮助我 控制自己的压力反应
But if Modupe's training can help me control my stress response
并降低我罹病的风险 那么我很乐意接受
and lower my risk of disease, then, hey, I'm up for it.
距离走上起重机两天
我要让克里斯知道 他能降低健康风险
MODUPE: I want to show Chris that he can reduce the risk to his health
只要控制自己的身心 进而降低对压力的反应
if he dials down his reaction to stress by taking control of his mind and body.
所以即使他走在起重机上 也能平静以对
So, that even when he's walking across the crane, he can do it calmly.
水上运动中心 悉尼奥♥运♥公园
为了帮他准备迎接挑战 接下来的两天里
To prepare him for this challenge, over the next two days,
我打算让克里斯 和时常必须应付极端压力的人
my plan is for Chris to work with people who deal with extreme stress
一起工作
on a regular basis.
好
Right.
我要给你介绍两位特种部队成员
I'm going to actually introduce you to two Special Forces officers.
哈利和贾斯丁 -克里斯 你好吗?
Harry and Justin. -G'day, Chris, how are ya?
很好 谢谢 -克里斯 你好
Good, thanks. -G'day, Chris.
克里斯 欢迎来到特种部队韧性训练
Hey, Chris, welcome to Special Forces Resilience Training, mate.
谢谢 -你要参加
Thank you. -MODPUE: So, your gonna engage
一项防溺练习
in a drown-proofing exercise
那是特种部队的专长
which is some of what the Special Forces do.
你会承受满满的压力
It's designed to overload you with stress,
但是我会向你展示一些秘诀
but I'm going to show you some tips
和工具 帮助你完成 -好
and tools to help you get through it. -Yeah.
这项活动的用意在于 为特种部队的男女
This activity is designed to build mental toughness
打造坚强的心理素质
in our men and women in Special Forces.
练习期间你的手脚都会被绑住
Throughout the activity, your feet and hands will be bound at all times.
我似乎遇上了完全没准备好
I think I find myself being stressed in situations
要面对的压力状况
that I haven't been able to prepare for.
我的脑海中出现了各种蠢念头
There's all sorts of stupid stuff going through my head at this point.
我开始想 万一我真的溺水怎么办?
Now, I start to think, what if I actually drown?
如果在水中感觉快昏厥了
If while you are underwater you have any sensations of blackout,
就回到水面 我们会救你上来
then just return to the surface and we'll rescue you from there.
如果你违反我们给予的任何指示
If you contravene any of the instructions we give you,
昏倒或溺水 就算不及格
if you pass out or drown, it's a fail.
好 准备好了吗? -好了
Okay, you ready? -CHRIS: Yeah.
第一项任务 上下来回 去吧
HARRY: On with the first task, bobbing. Go!
目标是从池底蹬20次
CHRIS: The aim is to kick off the bottom 20 times,
让我有短暂的时间换气
giving me just a split second to take in enough air.
找到节奏 呼吸 节奏
Into a rhythm! Breathing! Rhythm!
当然 我知道我的氧气很足够
Of course, I know I've got enough oxygen,
也知道他们不会让我溺水
and I know these guys aren't gonna let me drown.
但是我感觉得到心跳加速
But I can feel my heartbeat racing.
压力增加
The stress rising.
等你准备好就在水底翻筋斗
Underwater summersaults, when you're ready.
我感觉得到肺部开始燃烧
I can feel my lungs starting to burn.
好 不及格 游两圈
Okay, that's a fail. Swim two laps.
过程非常艰苦
It's brutal,
而且越来越难
and it's getting harder and harder.
不及格两次了
That's two fails.
他表现怎么样?
剧集 | 克里斯·海姆斯沃斯:挑战极限(2022) | 导航列表