剧集 | 克里斯·海姆斯沃斯:挑战极限(2022) | 导航列表
当时我还不明白发生什么事
At the time I didn't really understand what was going on
或他为什么会担心
or what his concern was.
但是我还记得在他怀中 感受到一股温暖以及安全感
But I remember the warmth and the comfort of feeling safe and secure in his arms.
直直往上吗?
CHRIS: Straight up?
对
OTIS: Yeah.
这就像是台阶踏步机
CHRIS: This is like the StairMaster 2000.
口渴了吗? -渴了
OTIS: You thirsty? -CHRIS: Yeah.
喝点水吧 -好
OTIS: I'll get a drink with you. -CHRIS: Yeah.
真漂亮
CHRIS: So beautiful.
通常这时候会想要拍照
You normally would be taking a photo, and...
而不是聆听
Not listening and...
通过手♥机♥的相机欣赏美景
looking through a phone camera.
对
Yeah.
来到这里没有其他事分心 感觉真好
It's amazing being here and not distracted.
五感全都提升了
Just how all your senses are heightened.
嗅觉 触觉 听觉
All the smells, everything you touch, the sound.
克里斯感觉更加清晰是很正常的事
SHARON: It's no surprise that Chris is feeling more alert.
我们的大脑是在自然环境中进化的
Our brains evolved in nature,
有研究显示
and there are studies that show
我们为什么会觉得 大自然令人耳目一新
why we find the natural world so refreshing.
研究显示身在都市时
CHRIS: Research suggests that when we're in urban settings,
所有人造的视觉图案
all the man-made visual patterns...
声响 与令人分心的事物
...intrusive noises, and distractions
会让大脑的关键区域 处理起来相当费神
take a lot of mental energy for key parts of the brain to process.
后阿尔法脑波活动 功率
这表示记忆
CHRIS: Which means that memory,
解题能力与专注力都会遭受打击
problem-solving, and concentration all take a hit.
认知负荷
不过科学家认为我们的大脑
CHRIS: But scientists think that our brains are attuned to find
认为大自然的景象及画面 比较容易处理
the sights and sounds of nature much easier to process.
我们的认知能力
Instead of being overloaded,
不会超载 反而会完全复原
our cognitive abilities are restored to full strength.
不只如此
SHARON: And that's not all.
待在大自然里也能减缓压力
Spending time in nature also lowers stress,
降低罹患阿兹海默症的风险 并有助于长寿
which is good for our Alzheimer's risk and our longevity.
事实上 在公园里散步20分钟
In fact, just a twenty-minute stroll in the park
不去看手♥机♥
without checking your cell phone
经证实能大量减少
has been shown to significantly reduce levels
压力荷尔蒙 皮质醇
of the stress hormone cortisol.
你确定不走在前面吗? -我来带头吧
OTIS: Sure you don't want to lead? -CHRIS: I'll lead. Come on.
不然我先走吧? 要是我滑倒 问题比较不大
OTIS: How about I go? Because if I slip, it's not that big a deal.
明明很大 我得背着你 那会是个大问题
CHRIS: Yes, it is. I'll have to carry you. It'll be a massive deal.
我就是这个意思 你比我强壮
OTIS: That's what I mean, you're stronger than me.
欧提斯是个很棒的人
CHRIS: Otis is a great guy.
很有幽默感 为人非常体贴
Got a great sense of humor. He's a very kind individual.
欧提斯
CHRIS: Otis! -(OTIS CHUCKLING)
帮帮我 -你跌得挺优雅的
Help me. -OTIS: You fell graciously, though.
我得这么说
Must say.
而且他是个很棒的艺术家
And also, he's a fantastic artist.
你的作品都是俯瞰视角 对吧?
CHRIS: All your artwork is bird's-eye view, right?
对 很多都是
OTIS: Yeah, lot of it. Yeah.
可以说是地形艺术
It's kind of topographical, I guess you could say.
我使用很多传统符号♥
I use a lot of, like, traditional symbols, but I...
但是我会加以润色 使它们变得更有表情
sort of soften them, make them more expressive.
我也会记住它们的来历 真正的意涵
Also remembering where they're from, their true meaning.
我把历史数千年的传统艺术
I take old traditional art, thousands and thousands of years old,
变得现代化
and modernize it.
试着给旧的方法赋予新意
I try and just give a new spin on the old way.
我作品中的每条线 每个点
Every line, every dot in my art...
就像石头 河流 树木一样
just like every rock, every river, every tree,
都是回忆
is a memory.
克里斯长大的地方
I think Chris growing up where he grew up,
充斥着原住民族群 所以他能了解我的画作
there's a massive indigenous community, so he understands my paintings.
那是我们如此契合的一大原因
And I think that's really a big reason why we probably get along so well.
我们应该带独木舟来的
CHRIS: We should've brought a canoe.
要是带个趴板就更好了
OTIS: A bodyboard would've been better.
和其他人相处对大脑有益
SHARON: Spending time with other people is good for our brains.
我们是群居动物 和其他人互动能鼓励我们
We're social animals, and interacting with others can encourage us
学习新事物 激发新想法 或看待世界的方式
to learn new things, spark new thoughts, or ways of seeing the world.
但是当我们孤立时 发展出痴呆症的几率
But when we're isolated, our risk of developing dementia
就会提高百分之50左右
is about fifty percent higher.
因此在所有已知 能够延年益寿的事物当中
So of all the things we know that can protect our longevity,
我们身边的人也许是最重要的因素
the people around us may be the most important.
好 继续往这里走 应该就能抵达营地了吧?
CHRIS: Okay, so if we keep heading this way, we should get to that campsite. Yeah?
对 营地就在瀑布底下
OTIS: Yeah. Campsite's at the bottom of the waterfall.
我们现在在瀑布顶端
CHRIS: So we're at the top of the waterfall,
欧提斯指出我们要扎营的地方
and Otis is pointing out where we could camp.
但是我找不到下去的路 他也一样
And I can't see any way down. Neither can he.
只有一个方法了
So there's one solution.
要命
Oh, boy!
感觉好有活力
Now you feel alive!
那清空了我的脑袋
Well, that has definitely cleared my head.
也让我想到
And it makes me think,
“希望等我老了之后还能这样跳水”
"I hope I'll still be dive-bombing when I'm an old guy."
得知测试结果后 我便不断想着
Since my test results, I've been thinking a lot
变老之后的生活会怎么样
about growing older and what my life might look like then.
我更可能罹患阿兹海默症的消息
Perhaps the news I have a higher risk of Alzheimer's
或许不完全让我意外
shouldn't have come as a total surprise.
我的爷爷有阿兹海默症
CHRIS: My grandfather, yeah, he has Alzheimer's.
而且…
And...
对 他的记忆过去几年来不断衰退
His... Yeah. His memory's deteriorating, and has been for the last couple of years.
这很两难 因为当他神智清醒时 他会很担心
It's tricky because when he is lucid, then he gets very worried
因为他会认得人 却不知道自己在哪
because he realizes who people are and why... where is he?
那是很吓人的
You know, so it's... daunting and scary.
我对他最鲜明的回忆 是和他一起坐在车♥库♥里
My most vivid memories of him were sitting in the garage with him.
他在帮我们用木材做东西
And him helping us build things out of timber.
帮我们做长剑
He'd build us swords,
小小的假手♥枪♥ 猎枪等等的
little fake, sort of, you know, pistols and rifles and things.
我记得他很有耐心 和我们一起敲敲打打
And I remember him being really patient as we're kind of hammering and banging,
锯这个 劈那个
cutting things and breaking things.
我有很多美好的回忆 让我非常感激
I have such beautiful memories, which I'm so, so thankful for...
这个如此关怀别人 慈祥的人
of just this nurturing, kind individual.
他是个很美好的人
He's a beautiful man.
你爷爷有阿兹海默症?
So, your grandfather... he has Alzheimer's?
对 他不只是不记得我们
Yeah. He either doesn't remember who we are, you know,
这些孙子 连他自己的孩子也忘了
his grandkids, but also even his own children, you know.
忘记一切
Forgets. And, uh...
很令人心碎
Yeah. it's heartbreaking.
这会让你担心…你也会像他那样吗?
Does that worry you at all that you... you might end up in his situation?
那些让你害怕的事 不是让你封闭自己
Like most things that scare you, they either shut you down
就是会给你动力去克服它们 或想尽办法
or they motivate you to overcome them or do whatever you can to,
逆转困境 我们这么做 不就是为了这个吗?
you know, to beat those odds, I guess. That's what this is about, isn't it?
尽量采取预防措施
About... doing as many preventative things
好确保大脑健康
to ensure brain health.
这一切都是有正向意义的 而不是只有…
There's a positive energy to it all, as opposed to like,
“我到底要回几封信” 或是…
"How many emails I gotta reply to?" Or, you know,
“我的电影会获得什么评价”
"What review are they gonna give me on my film,
“我能不能再接到片约?”
"and am I ever going to work again?"
今天的健行累坏我们了 所以我们决定关灯睡觉
CHRIS: Today's hike has taken it out of us, so we decide to call it a night.
但是不论多么疲累 躺下睡觉对我来说通常都很困难
But no matter how tired I am, winding down is often a struggle.
睡眠是彼得·阿提亚博士
And sleep was one of the main things
咨♥询♥时主要的重点话题之一
Dr. Peter Attia focused on when I had my consultation.
克里斯 你的睡眠状况怎么样?
PETER: So Chris, tell me about your sleep.
你觉得你睡得好吗?
Would you consider yourself a good sleeper? A...
不 我睡得不是很好 我晚上很常醒来
No, not a very good sleeper. I wake up a lot through the night.
从很年轻就这样了 但是我妈现在也会谈起
I remember even from a very young age. But yeah, my mum talks about it now.
晚上睡觉时脑中会放大
There's something about the nighttime and sleeping would amplify
所有的担忧 或是如果我对某件事感到愧疚
any sort of concerns, or sort of if I felt guilty about something,
觉得自己做错了什么 为什么事操心
I felt like I did something wrong, or something I was concerned about.
这个问题一直都在
And that still, you know, is definitely there.
从你对于睡眠限制的叙述看来
So much of what you describe as your limitations in sleep
剧集 | 克里斯·海姆斯沃斯:挑战极限(2022) | 导航列表