剧集 | 人生苦短(2011) | 导航列表
就凭我的形象和超凡魅力
and a way with words,
还有能言善道
but, you know, that's not to say
但这并不是说
Anthony's not got an important role to play.
安东尼的角色就不重要
He's more your run of the mill coloured
他更像是50年代你们这样的
chap in the '50s, you know.
普通平凡的黑人
Yes, I'm taking all the glory and going down in history,
是的 我获得了所有的荣耀并被载入史册
but then he's not getting shot in the head.
不过至少他没头部中枪而死嘛
So, swings and roundabouts.
有得必有失啊
So, what is to be done?
那么 需要做些什么呢?
It's about awareness.
这是一个意识问题
A lot of people don't even realise
很多人并没有意识到
that the word midget is considered offensive.
侏儒一词具有攻击性
Oh, yeah, can I take this?
噢 是的 能让我来说么?
Um, what we're talking about is equality, right?
呃 我们谈论的是平等 对吗?
Martin Luther King once said,
马丁·路德·金曾经说过
"I have a dream
"我有一个梦想
that one day a little black boy
有一天黑人小男孩
will walk hand in hand with a little white girl," OK?
会跟白人小女孩手牵着手过马路 " 对吗?
Swap the word black for dwarf, and you've got my situation.
把黑人换成矮人 你就能明白我的意思了
Not literally. I don't mean
不要误会 我不是说
I want to walk down the street holding hands with a little white girl,
我想牵着一个白人小女孩过马路
you know, or any little girl.
或者任何肤色的小女孩
And if I did, um, totally above board,
假设我真这么做了 光明正大的
got the parents' permission and everything,
还征得了她父母的允许
and it's not like I'm going to a supermarket
不是说拉着小女孩
and dragging the little girl out by the hand
一起去超♥市♥
and off down the woods, you know,
或者是去森林
Mum screaming, "Oh, where's my child?"
她妈妈会大喊"我的孩子在哪?"
"Went off down the woods with a creepy little dwarf."
"跟一个猥琐的小矮人去了森林"
That’s not what I'm saying. What I'm saying is
我不是这个意思 我要说的是
that dwarves and regular people
矮人和普通人
should be able to walk hand in hand as equals.
能够携手并进 公正平等
The Society Of People Of Short Stature wanted to...
矮人协会希望...
Yeah, no, this is really good,
是的 这很不错
this sort of exposure for the society,
协会的这种曝光
and that's kind of what I can bring it,
也是我能为之带来的
you know, with my profile, you know.
你知道 凭我的知名度
Programmes like this'll be interested to see what it's like.
这样的节目会感兴趣
Oh, here we are, here's Anthony, the shiny sod!
噢 开始了 瞧安东尼 油光锃亮的脑门!
Go on, get on with it!
加油 争口气!
Homophobic or racial slurs
如今 反同性恋和种族歧视
are considered totally unacceptable nowadays,
是完全不被接受的
and yet words like midget are still being commonly used.
然而 类似侏儒之类的词语却仍被广泛使用
So, what is to be done?
那需要做些什么呢?
Basically, like other minority groups,
基本上 同其他少数群体一样
we feel we should be able to expect equality and dignity
我们认为我们应该在公众场合和工作中
in public and in the workplace.
享有平等和尊严
Most of the jobs in the entertainment industry
矮人在娱乐业所从事的绝大多数工作中
for little people are not dignified.
都没有受到尊重
Why can't a little person be playing Othello
为什么矮人就不能扮演奥赛罗
or Hamlet or any of the great roles?
或者哈姆雷特之类伟大的角色呢?
Height should simply not be an issue.
身高本不应该是个问题
It should simply come down to, "Can they act?"
应该关注的是 "他们会演么?"
Anthony Braden from the Society Of People Of Short Stature...
安东尼·布雷登是矮人协会的...
That's... that's ridiculous.
太... 太荒谬了
They've just cut me out. That's... that's embarrassing.
他们竟然把我的部分剪了 太...太尴尬了
For them.
是他们尴尬
I feel like phoning up the head of the BBC and going, "All right?
我要给BBC的头儿打电♥话♥ "怎么样?"
"It's Warwick Davis here."
"我是沃里克·戴维斯"
"All right, how are you doing? Thought you'd be in Hollywood."
"噢 你好吗? 以为你在好莱坞呢"
"No, no, took the day off."
"没有 放假"
"What have you been doing, chilling out?
"你过的怎么样 不忙吗?"
"No, spent the day
"不忙 花了一整天的时间
helping one of your producers do a news report."
帮你们的一个制片人拍了新闻报道"
"That'll get the ratings in."
"那肯定会提高节目的收视率"
"No, it won't, cos they cut me out." "Did they?"
"不 不会了 因为他把我的部分给掐了" "是吗?"
"Yeah, they just left in some totally boring un-famous dwarf
"是啊 就留下了一个无聊透顶
that no-one cares about."
一点名气都没有的矮人"
"Tell that producer I'll never work for him again."
"告诉那个制片人我不会再为他工作了"
"Oh, don't worry, Warwick, he'll never work again."
"噢 别担心 沃里克 他不会再工作了"
Yeah, I'm not going to do that, though.
是啊 可我不会这么做
I don't want to get the little prat fired.
我可不想让那小子失业
Hello. What's all this? We want to talk to you.
你好 这是怎么回事? 我们想和你谈谈
Ah, have you made an appointment
哈 你们有预约吗?
cos, er, I've got a lot of meetings this afternoon, haven't I?
因为我下午还有好几个会要开 是吗?
Mm, no, you haven't.
呃 没有
Are you sure? Just check again.
你确定吗? 再检查下
No, definitely not. You've got nothing. Nothing's going on.
没有 绝对没有 什么都没有
Phone hasn't rung for weeks.
电♥话♥已经好几个礼拜没响过了
Thanks for your help.
谢谢帮忙
Seems like I can squeeze you in.
看样子我能挤出点时间
We saw Anthony on the news last night.
我们昨天在新闻里看到安东尼
He made some interesting points.
他说了一些很振奋人心的话
I made some as well, but they cut me out.
其实我也说了些 只是他们把我的部分给掐了
We're worried there's a conflict of interest. Warrick.
我们担心这之间有些利益冲突 沃里克
When the phone rings,
工作上门时
we don't know if you're representing us
我们真不知道你是为我们挑选角色
or taking the best roles. He's not.
还是把最好的角色留给自己 他没有
The phone never rings. Yes, it does.
电♥话♥响都没响过 不 响过的
And I always talk you guys up, but if a producer calls up
我总是极力推荐你们 可如果制片人打来电♥话♥说
and says, "I want to book Warwick Davis,"
"我想预约沃里克·戴维斯"
I can't go, "Oh, no you don't want him,
我总不能说 "哦 别找他
you want some nobody you've never heard of," can I?
也许某人更适合 虽然你从来没听说过他" 能么?
I assume you're not putting that on a press release.
我猜你没有在新闻上说这些
Definitely not. Not putting out press releases.
绝对没有 没有
Well, shouldn't you be, to publicise us? I've got the website.
你不是应该替我们宣传的么? 我建了一个网站
Yeah, but that's a website for you.
是啊 可那网站是关于你自己的
There should be a Dwarves For Hire website,
应该弄一个矮人出租公♥司♥的网站
with our CVs on there and our show reels. Who's paying for this?
放上我们的简历和录影带 费用谁来出呢?
You should be paying for it!
你!
We want to show people we can play Othello
我们想告诉大家我们也可以扮演奥赛罗
or Hamlet or any other role a regular size person can play.
哈姆雷特 或者任何正常人能扮演的角色
Like Anthony said on the news,
就像安东尼在新闻上说的一样
height shouldn't be an issue,
身高本不应该是个问题
it should come down to, "Can they act?"
应该关注的是"他们会演吗?"
'The truth is they can't act.'
事实是他们不会
There's a reason they're bowling balls
他们被当成保龄球
or being fired from cannons,
或者被塞进大炮发射出去 是有原因的
it's cos that's all they're good at.
因为他们擅长的就只有这些
Look at Bernard, he's useless.
看看伯纳德 他很没用
'I don't know what else he could do in life.
我都不知道他还能做什么?
He certainly can't act.
演戏他是自然不行的
I told him,
我告诉过他
"You want to volunteer for medical experiments, you'll make more money that way."
"如果你去当医药试验的志愿者 会挣更多钱的"
They pump you full of drugs and prod you around.
他们给你吃一堆药 在你身上到处扎针
What's the worst that could happen?
除此以外还有什么更糟糕的?
Even if he ends up deformed or deaf and dumb or loses the use of his legs,
就算最后他成了残疾 聋了哑了 或者废了双腿
he'd be no worse off than he is now, and he'd have money!
那也比现在强 至少他有钱!
'They come to me because I'm sort of their guardian angel.
他们之所以来找我 是因为我就像他们的守护天使
'I care for them, I protect them, I nurture them.
我关心他们 保护他们 培养他们
'If they want to be taken seriously, then it's my duty to help.'
如果他们想要被认真对待 我的职责就是帮助他们
I'll make them a show reel.
我会给他们做作品展示
I just hope they can keep the costs down,
我只希望他们能把成本降到最低
cos it is a total waste of money,
因为这完全是浪费钱
and I don't mind giving them false hope, but not at my expense.
我不介意给他们虚幻的希望 但不能浪费我的钱
Action.
开始
My name is Maximus Decidimus Sorus,
我叫Maximus Decidimus Sorus
Emperor of the armies and legions, servants of the, er...
罗马帝国的大将 伺候 呃...
Don't look at me. Just keep...
别看我 继续...
Servants of the Emperor, Marcus Aurelius.
剧集 | 人生苦短(2011) | 导航列表