剧集 | 人生苦短(2011) | 导航列表
My name is Warwick Davis.
我叫 沃里克·戴维斯
I'm the UK's go-to dwarf.
我是英国矮人♥大♥腕
I'm an actor. You will have seen me in the Harry Potter films,
我是个演员 你会在一些电影里看到我 《哈利波特》
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy,
《银河系漫游指南》
Return of the Jedi.
《绝地归来》
That's Wicket the Ewok, my first ever character.
那是伊渥克人维克特 我的第一个角色
I'm still very good friends with George Lucas,
我还跟乔治·卢卡斯是好朋友
who created the Star Wars films,
他拍摄了星球大战系列电影
though if I've got one criticism of George, he missed a trick.
要说我对乔治有什么意见的话 就是他错失了一次良机
Why did he disguise my face?
他为什么要给我带面具?
If you're paying good money for the actor Warwick Davis,
如果你在沃里克·戴维斯这个演员身上花了大价钱
then let the people see the actor Warwick Davis.
那就让人们看看沃里克·戴维斯长什么样
George realised the error of his ways
乔治意识到了自己的这个失误
because he went on to cast me in Willow there.
因为他接着让我出演了《风云际会》
That film cost, I think it's 40 million,
那部电影的成本 我想是四千万
and has... has made a lot of that back, since.
已经... 已经赚回不少个四千万了
Hello? Dwarves For Hire. Warwick Davis speaking.
你好 矮人出租公♥司♥ 我是沃里克·戴维斯
'I am not only an actor.'
'我不仅是个演员'
Yep. Just get a booking form.
好的 我拿个登记表
'I'm also an agent.'
'我还是个经纪人'
I represent other dwarves.
我代表其他一些小矮人
You know, I've had huge success,
你知道 我已经取得了巨大的成就
and this is my chance to pay that forward and help them get work.
这是我回报社会的机会 帮他们找到工作
The director's furious. He wants to fire you.
导演很恼火 他要炒了你
Not my fault I don't know the song.
不是我的错 我不知道那首歌♥
You're a dwarf, how can you not know "Heigh-Ho"?
你是个小矮人 你怎么能不知道"嗨-吼"之歌♥?
Something about whistling?
跟口哨有关么?
You don't know whistle while you work? Never heard it.
你工作的时候不知道这是口哨? 从来没听过
How is this possible? I don't know.
怎么可能? 我真的不知道
That's one of my clients there.
这是我其中一个客户
So if you need anybody, I've got all sorts.
如果你需要演员 我这里什么类型都有
Got that sort of look.
有这个模样的
That one. One that looks like that.
那个 长那个模样的
Someone who looks like that,
还有长这样的
you know, with a hat on. Some with long hair.
你知道 戴帽子的 长头发的
All sorts of different ones.
各种各样不同的类型
I mean, they're all about that high,
我的意思是 他们差不多都这么高
but they've sort of got different...
但是他们都有不同的...
fat, thin, you know, whatever you want,
胖的 瘦的 不管你要哪种类型
I can provide.
我都能提供
Why am I doing this documentary?
我为什么要做这个纪录片?
Because normally you see a dwarf on TV,
因为你通常是在电视上看见小矮人
and he's dancing around, making a fool of himself.
总是手舞足蹈 出尽洋相
I want people to see a sophisticated dwarf about town
我想让你们看到一个精于世故 颇善交际的矮人
who carries himself with dignity.
一个始终坚守自己尊严的矮人
I'm a role model.
我是个好榜样
I'm a bit like Martin Luther King.
我有点像 马丁·路德·金
Because I too have a dream
因为我同样也有一个梦想
that one day dwarves will be treated equally,
有一天矮人们能受到公平的待遇
and they will walk proud, hand in hand with the rest of mankind.
他们能自豪地前行 与其他人携手并进
You say, "No, Warwick, it's not the same.
你会说 "不 沃里克 这不一样
The dwarf wasn't taken forcibly from his homeland
矮人们没有被强迫离开自己的家园
and enslaved and whipped and forced to change his name."
没有被奴役 鞭打 或是 被迫更名改姓"
No, maybe not.
是 也许没有
But then, I've never seen
然而 我从来没有听说过
a black man fired from a cannon...
有哪个黑人被塞进炮筒发射出去...
every day for a whole season and twice on Saturdays.
整整一个季度里 每天一次 遇到周六就是两次
There we go. Come in.
到了 进来吧
The old homestead.
老宅子
Yeah.
嗯
Oh. Don't worry, they're not mine!
噢 别在意 那不是我的!
Who's this handsome devil?
这个英俊的家伙是谁啊?
Nice suit there.
西装很不错
That's me and my wife Sue on our wedding day.
这是我和我的妻子苏在婚礼当天
Sue's looking lovely there.
苏那天真是太迷人了
The dress she's wearing belonged to her mother.
她穿的裙子是她妈妈的
Her mother had sadly passed over,
她妈妈当时已经去世了
so it was our way of having her at the wedding, which was nice.
所以我们用这样的方式让她参加婚礼 挺不错的想法
Sue had to lose a lot of weight to get it on.
苏为了穿上它减了不少体重
Not as much as I'd have liked,
没有达到我希望的样子
but enough to squeeze into her dead mum's dress.
但足够挤进她已逝母亲的裙子里了
This is my kitchen. Cooker, sink, usual.
这是厨房♥ 炊具 水池 一般厨房♥都有的东西
I was going to get all this lowered
我原本想把这些都做低
but Sue enjoys doing the cooking, so I thought I'd leave it. Erm, good.
但是苏喜欢掌厨 所以我想就保持这个样子 呃 就这样
Here we are, look, this is Chewbacca. Hey, Chewie!
来了 看 这是丘巴卡 嘿 丘仔!
Good boy, ho-ho!
好小子 呼呼
Oh, bit camera-shy.
噢 有点怕上镜
Oh, here she is.
噢 她来了
Sue Davis. Mrs Sue Davis, the old ball and chain.
苏·戴维斯 苏·戴维斯夫人 我老婆
Hiya. Hello. You all right?
你好 好呐 一切可好?
I'm fine, thank you. Nice to see you.
我挺好 谢谢 见着你真好
What are you doing here, Warwick? I just popped round to say hi.
你来这做什么 沃里克? 我只是过来打声招呼
You know you're not supposed to be here. You moved out.
你知道你不应该来这了 你已经搬出去了
We're separated. -No, not really.
我们分开了 -不 不是的
Oh, we are. Temporarily.
噢 是的 只是暂时的
You can't keep running that round.
你不能总是来来回♥回♥
You were the one that walked out. No, not really. Yes, you did.
你早就离开了 不 不是的 是 你就是
I didn't walk out. I was back and forth to Hollywood so much,
我没离开 我来来回♥回♥好莱坞这么多回
it wasn't fair on you. You weren't back and forth to Hollywood.
这对你不公平 你从没进出过好莱坞
Yes. No, you weren't.
有的 不 你从没有过
The phone hasn't rung for years.
电♥话♥都好几年没动静了
But if it started ringing,
但要是它开始响了
if George Lucas rang and said we're doing another Star Wars
要是乔治·卢卡斯打电♥话♥来说我们要再拍一部星球大战
I had to be ready to go, on a plane, whoosh, here I come!
我得随时准备动身 坐上飞机 喔哧 就到了!
If that had happened, I could have come with you.
如果真的发生了 我会跟你一起的
No, cos George Lucas isn't stupid, doesn't throw his money around.
不 乔治·卢卡斯又不傻 不会浪费他的钱
"What do you need two tickets for? You're only three foot six!"
"你要两张票干嘛? 你才三尺六!"
Tell you what happened. Oh, what?
告诉你是怎么回事 噢 怎么着?
He thought...
他想...
Here we go, what did I think. Mystic Meg here!
又来了 我怎么想的 魔法梅格在此!
What he thought was... Yeah, yeah.
他想的是... 扯吧 扯吧
He thought he could do better than me.
他想他找个比我好的
He thought he could trade me in for a taller, more beautiful model,
他想他可以把我换成一个更高 更好看的模特
but he couldn't. No, I could, I didn't want to.
但是他不能 不 我可以的 我只是不想
No, you couldn't.
不 你是不能
I could! Just didn't want to, cos I'm, you know, faithful.
我能! 只是不想罢了 因为 你也知道 我很忠诚的
Now he's back with his tail between his legs. It's too late.
现在他又灰头土脸的回来了 太晚了
Doesn't have to be. It's over. You Know.
没必要这样 我们已经结束了
I've moved on.
我已经向前看了
You haven't bloody moved on. You're still in a house that I own,
你根本就没向前看 你还住在我的房♥子里
so I might as well move back in.
所以我最好也搬回来
Know what you need to do, Warwick?
你知道你该做什么吗 沃里克?
You need to get your stuff and move out,
收拾好你的东西搬出去
that’s the thing, because we're separated.
就这么简单 因为我们已经分开了
We are getting divorced.
我们就要离婚了
I don't know what part of that you don't understand.
我不知道你到底哪里搞不明白
All right, calm down. Showing off.
好好 冷静点 炫耀吧就
So.
那么
'I know you're thinking.
'我知道你在想什么
'"Warwick, why did you marry beneath yourself?" '
'"沃里克 为什么你要低身下娶?" '
Why would a film star marry her
为什么一个电影明星要娶她呢
when he could have leggy blondes or Page Three girls?
他原本能找一个长腿金发美女或是三版女郎(指刊登在报刊第3页的半裸女郎)
Didn't want to.
就是不想而已
If I'm walking down the street with a stunner on my arm,
要是我在街上走着 挽着一倾城尤物
everyone's going,
每个人都会
"Oh, he's got the sexy bird cos he's a film star."
"噢 他把到了那个性感马子就因为他是个电影明星"
Right? So I went for a chick who...
对吧? 所以我找了一个这样的小妞...
hasn't got it all out on show.
不至于太招摇过市
Yeah, she's not going to be in FHM magazine,
是的 她不会上《男人帮》杂♥志♥
she's not going to win any Rear of the Year awards
也不会赢得年终什么什么奖
剧集 | 人生苦短(2011) | 导航列表