剧集 | 金妮与乔治娅(2021) | 导航列表
我们生活在以男人为主的世界
We live in a man's world.
我很小就懂得了那个道理
I learned that from a very early age.
生活在一个不是为你设计的世界里 令人疲惫
And it is exhausting to exist in a world not designed for you,
这是一个不把你当一回事的世界 你并没有那么重要
a world that doesn't take you seriously, where you matter less.
女性死于车祸的可能性 要比男性高75%
Women are 75% more likely to die in a car crash
因为安全带的安全测试 全都是为男性设计的
because all seat belt safety tests are designed for men.
你能怎么办呢?
What do you do with that?
这也没什么大不了 不至于把人打击得灰心丧气
It's not one big thing that crushes a spirit.
千刀万剐才会把人折磨致死
It's death by a million paper cuts.
男人和他们占据的空间、房♥间 他们的权利
Men, the space they take up, the room, their entitlement,
他们的声音就是要响亮得多
their voices just louder and more.
男人在成长过程中 会看到更多的男人
Men growing up, seeing more men.
在顶端的男人
Men at the top. Men in power.
拥有权力的男人
他们看不见 我们以空洞的眼神盯着他们
They don't see out of their own eyes our vacant stares back at them,
我们压抑的愤怒
our bottled anger, our wonder at how they got to be so satisfied
我们纳闷他们为什么可以 如此满足于自己具备的知识
in their knowledge that the world is made for them.
而这个世界本身就是为他们而设计的
我该怎么办呢?
So what was I supposed to do with that?
面对受操纵、对自己不利的系统 一个人该怎么往上爬?
How does one climb the ranks of a system rigged against them?
听我说 你应该适应
I'll tell you. You adapt.
你要学会如何生存
You learn to survive.
我做过见不得光的事情
I've done things I'm not proud of,
我也做过 我永远都不想让孩子们知道的事情
and I've done things I never want my kids to know about, but I'd do 'em again.
但我毫不后悔
未曾有人保护过我 但我会采取一切手段来保护我的孩子
I'd do anything to protect my kids like no one ever protected me.
在所不惜
Anything.
好
明天就是选举日了
The election is tomorrow.
你的对手辛西娅富勒在竞选宣传中
Your opponent, Cynthia Fuller, is running her campaign
攻击说你欠缺家庭价值观念 而现在你订婚了
attacking your lack of family values, and now you're engaged.
有人抨击你求婚的时机 你会如何回应呢?
How would you respond to critics about the timing of your proposal?
我要娶乔治娅
I am marrying Georgia because I fell in love with her
是因为我爱上了她和她的孩子们
and her kids.
就是那么简单
It's as simple as that.
你是怎么求婚的?
How did you propose?
我…
I, um…
特别浪漫
It was so romantic.
我们有一晚工作到夜深
We were working late one night,
他给我递了一个文件夹 让我放到桌子抽屉里
and he handed me this file and asked me to put it in my desk drawer.
我心想:“文件夹应该放到文件柜里”
And I'm like, "The file goes in the filing cabinet."
他对这个抽屉喋喋不休 最后不得不打开
On and on about this desk drawer until finally, he opens it,
里面放着一个天鹅绒盒子
and inside is this little velvet box.
那是个很好的答案
That's a very good answer.
嘿
- Hey.
这场面真是幸福啊
What a happy tableau.
-就是啊 对吧? -谢谢
I know, right? Thank you.
乔治娅 你刚来威斯布里不久
Now, Georgia, you're relatively new to Wellsbury.
你觉得这里适合你和孩子们吗?
Would you say it's a good fit for you and the children?
当然 大家都很热心 让我们很快融入
Absolutely. It helps that everyone's been so welcoming.
奥斯丁 你喜欢威斯布里的什么?
Austin, what do you like about Wellsbury?
奥斯丁?
Austin?
哥们?
Buddy?
妈妈
Mom.
妈妈
Mom.
他很害羞
He's… He's shy.
那你呢 维金妮亚? 你喜欢威斯布里的什么呢?
What about you, Virginia? What do you like about Wellsbury?
我的朋友们
My friends.
嘿 各位!
Hey, guys!
我刚刚在浆果树那儿等你们呢
Hey, I waited for you at berry tree.
Oh, ha ha!
好好笑哦 避免对上眼 不要跟她坐在一起 我明白
Avoid eye contact. Don't sit with her. I get it.
好了 别闹了
Hey, joke's over.
去去 武器走!
Expelliarmus!
时候到了 明早10点就开始投票
This is it. Polls open at 10:00 a.m.
你们的手指应该使劲交叉 祈求好运到断了
If your fingers aren't broken, you aren't crossing them hard enough,
向各神明祈祷 狠狠摩擦任何能带来好运的晶石
so pray and rub whatever crystals you believe in.
嗨 对 烟花是紧急订单
Hi, yes. The fireworks are a rush order.
太棒了 这对我非常重要
Amazing. This means the world to me.
再次谢谢你
Thanks again.
一张选票都还没投呢 你怎么在买♥♥烟花、筹划着隆重派对?
Does it make me nervous that you're buying fireworks
and planning a huge party, though not a single vote has been cast?
看到你这样让我很紧张
我是为了选举而迷信吗?
Am I superstitious about that?
没错
Yes. Yes, I am.
我在这事上跟尼克意见一致 我们不应该过早行动
I'm gonna agree with Nick on this one. We should not jump the gun.
现在还不是时候
-Not right now.
要是跟我们的订婚派对一起办呢?
How about we combine it with our engagement party?
把全镇的人都请过来 大张旗鼓
Invite the whole damn town. Really blow it out.
-不行 不可能 -可以
-Um, no. Not happening. -Yeah.
嗨
Hi.
保罗
Paul.
我们需要聊聊
We need a moment.
好的 没问题
OK. Yeah. Of course.
你去我办公室吧?
Um, why don't you step into my office?
辛西娅
Cynthia.
你觉得她是来认输的吗?
-You think she's here to concede?
嘿 尼克
Hey, Nick.
要不跟我一起来吧?
Why don't you, uh, join me on this?
好啊
Sure.
嘿
Hey.
嘿
Hey.
我们该聊聊
We should talk.
是该聊聊
Yeah. We should.
请大家就座
Seats, please.
开始上课了
Class has begun.
我们晚点儿再聊
We'll talk later.
好
Yeah.
大家把《一间自己的房♥间》拿出来
Everyone take out your copies of A Room of One's Own.
我们快讲完第三章了
We were just finishing up with chapter three.
嘿 我们之间没事吧?
-"It is one of the great advantages…" -Hey, are we OK?
“…一个人即使经过一位非常优秀的…”
"…that one can pass even a very fine…"
我要稍微暂停一会儿 强调接下来出现的词语
I'm gonna take a brief pause to point out the word that comes next.
在今天的语境中 以字母“N”开头的称呼黑人的词语
Now,
the N-word is obviously
显然是有问题的
a problematic word in today's context
除非你在听饶舌歌♥曲
unless, of course, you're listening to a rap song…
听好了!
Word!
但是我觉得我们有必要强调
However, I think it's important that we highlight that during the time,
在那个时期 这个词的定位并没有那么极端
this word was not as polarizing.
那是个不同的年代
It was a different time.
我还想指出 这本书的作者是女性
Also, I'd like to point out that a female wrote this book.
但回到那个词语上 我不会大声念出来
But back to the word.
I'm not going to say it out loud because, well, frankly, it can be very upsetting.
因为说实话 可能会让人感到极度不适
对吧 金妮?
Right, Ginny?
“一个人即使经过一位非常优秀的…” 空格
"That one can pass even a very fine…" Blank.
“…也不会希望将她改造成英国女人”
"…without wishing to make an English woman of her.
“那么那位出生于16世纪 有着写诗天赋的女人
That woman then, who was born with a gift of poetry in the 16th century,
是不快乐的
was an unhappy woman,
她的内心充满纠结”
a woman at strife against herself.
“她生活中的一切条件和自身的本能
All of the conditions of her life, all of her own instincts
都与那境况格格不入…”
were hostile to the state of--"
嘿 你没事吧?
Hey, you OK?
没事
Yeah, um…
我的英文老师是个混♥蛋♥
My English teacher's just a dick.
我猜猜 你的英文老师是吉顿老师吧?
Huh. Let me guess. You have Mr. Gitten?
-你上过他的课? -对
-You had him? - Yep.
他去年一整年都叫我“阿布” 因为他不会念“布拉西亚”
All last year he called me "B" 'cause he couldn't pronounce "Bracia."
我觉得这一整年我都快疯了
I feel like I've been going crazy this whole year.
别人好像都没有发现 也不在乎
-No one else seems to notice or care.
就凭学校里没有欺凌别人的现象 设了不分性别的洗手间
Just because there's no bullying, and we have a gender-neutral bathroom,
大家就觉得这里没有问题
people think this place has no issues.
对 正是这样
Yes, exactly.
吉顿是最差劲的 他就像是《逃出绝命镇》里的父亲
Gitten's the worst. He's like the dad from Get Out.
剧集 | 金妮与乔治娅(2021) | 导航列表